TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #166
    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

    Originally posted by James May
    damn guys, this is harddo as fuck. post kevin, mr. cubone, & vic :c

    Anyhow, we coud just set the three of them in a kitb if all else fails, we have a 33% chance of nailing an arsonist that way but we would be risking two towns in that process. If a town dies, oh well; if arsonist die, yay, if fireman died, oops...; if cop dies, oops...
    yea but it says doesn't end till we reach an end so kitb will just be a really tense scenario which i wouldn't mind, it just wouldnt actually end the phase. and if a fireman or cop dies then that is just awful because u have no reason not to claim if you are about to be lynched lol

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #167
      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

      alright, seeing as stuff is probably better at 72 hours...
      The flux of time returns to normal-ish, bringing the end of day to 7:00 PM EST on July 6th


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • j-rodd123
        End of the road
        • Oct 2006
        • 3692

        #168
        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

        Originally posted by YoshL
        alright, seeing as stuff is probably better at 72 hours...
        The flux of time returns to normal-ish, bringing the end of day to 7:00 PM EST on July 6th
        alright sweet good call

        Originally posted by FictionJunction
        wow

        Comment

        • Krauthammer
          FFR Player
          • May 2012
          • 362

          #169
          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
          James and Kraut, those posts were pretty postcount++;

          What does each of you think about V, Zoshi, cedolad, j-rodd, tps, and me so far?
          Hmmmmm...okay, let's see...

          V seems to be his usual cranky self. However, his behavior in past games doesn't really matter. He has enough ability to act the same, whether it is as human or wolf. What seems relatively odd is his last of...activity so far, in terms of getting at everybody's necks and pointing suspicions around. So far it has been...one...in 48 hours. I would have expected more from him.

          Zoshi seems to have taken as his technique the whole "PRESSURE VOTES", judging by games I have been playing with him, including another one at the same time than this. He is also making pressure votes over there. Other than his pressuring, there isn't much about him. I suppose I would like to hear if he has something to say right now.

          cedolad has made a nice effort during Night 1 to come with the best strategy for the townies. And, while no concrete strategy was reached, I see his efforts as true and towny. He has been investing a lot of time on this. I would say that he is the player I trust the most right now.

          Jrodd and TPS...I have no opinion about them. Kinda blank. I wish I could talk with them through AIM

          And you, Danceguy...hmmmm...well, while you did discuss a lot with cedolad in Night 1. However, I can't say I trust you as I do with cedolad. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but I feel compelled to be wary of you.

          Now, I find it somewhat odd that yoman is...well...not posting. I'm afraid that this may be an Under the Radar style of play. This wouldn't be the first time yoman tries to pass under the radar as a wolf, or in this case, arsonist.

          Comment

          • cedolad
            moonchild~
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 6879

            #170
            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            list of people who have not posted during Day 1:

            yo man im awesome
            Xiz
            Viccica


            Day 1 started 38 hours ago.
            Vic posted. She gave her opinion on the night 1 strats.]

            And that really doesn't provide a whole lot of insight, but I'm hungover as fuck and I have to work all day. If I'm not dead by the end of the night I'll say some more stuff.

            Comment

            • Viccica
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2009
              • 702

              #171
              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

              I don't like the 'if I'm not dead I'll say more' logic. If you honestly have something to say you should say it, if you don't say that you don't.



              I think there are too many ghosts this game. As for the inactives, when was the last time we saw them? I know I've yet to post for the day so sorry about that but had a busy stretch at work. =p Light schedule on the weekend though so it should be a little better.


              Also what's the logic behind the votes for yo man?
              Dear sirs,
              One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

              In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

              Sincerely,

              Your Client
              Eco Friendly
              ♥~Chu

              Comment

              • James May
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2012
                • 3817

                #172
                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                Originally posted by Viccica
                I don't like the 'if I'm not dead I'll say more' logic. If you honestly have something to say you should say it, if you don't say that you don't.



                I think there are too many ghosts this game. As for the inactives, when was the last time we saw them? I know I've yet to post for the day so sorry about that but had a busy stretch at work. =p Light schedule on the weekend though so it should be a little better.


                Also what's the logic behind the votes for yo man?
                prolly the same that I'm voting for Mr. Cubone, to get them to talk.
                bananas


                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #173
                  Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                  Originally posted by James May
                  Anyhow, we coud just set the three of them in a kitb if all else fails, we have a 33% chance of nailing an arsonist that way
                  25% chance of lynching an Arsonist/Roleblocker via random lynch. not 33%.

                  @James: do you feel like you know any players in this game very well? Think of the person with whom you think you are most familiar. What's your current read on this person? How many other games have you played with him/her?

                  Originally posted by Krauthammer
                  V seems to be his usual cranky self. However, his behavior in past games doesn't really matter. He has enough ability to act the same, whether it is as human or wolf. What seems relatively odd is his last of...activity so far, in terms of getting at everybody's necks and pointing suspicions around. So far it has been...one...in 48 hours. I would have expected more from him.
                  $200 says he's been too busy to check thread.

                  Originally posted by Krauthammer
                  Zoshi seems to have taken as his technique the whole "PRESSURE VOTES", judging by games I have been playing with him, including another one at the same time than this. He is also making pressure votes over there. Other than his pressuring, there isn't much about him. I suppose I would like to hear if he has something to say right now.
                  Would you say placing pressure votes is a trait of a townie, of a red, or neither? What do you think a player has to gain by placing a pressure vote? Would you employ this tactic? Why or why not?

                  Originally posted by Krauthammer
                  And you, Danceguy...hmmmm...well, while you did discuss a lot with cedolad in Night 1. However, I can't say I trust you as I do with cedolad. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but I feel compelled to be wary of you.
                  Roughly how many games of TWG have you played as a non-red? As a townie, are you usually able to clearly explain why you have made a certain read on a specific player? Or do you often vote based on a "gut feeling?"

                  Originally posted by Krauthammer
                  Now, I find it somewhat odd that yoman is...well...not posting. I'm afraid that this may be an Under the Radar style of play. This wouldn't be the first time yoman tries to pass under the radar as a wolf, or in this case, arsonist.
                  Posting 0 times during a Day phase isn't playing UTR. It's not playing. I'll bet he's been absent as well.

                  Originally posted by Viccica
                  Also what's the logic behind the votes for yo man?
                  Reread the vote posts.

                  @Viccica: if we had to lynch someone immediately, whom would you vote? Why?

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #174
                    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                    Originally posted by Krauthammer
                    Jrodd and TPS...I have no opinion about them. Kinda blank. I wish I could talk with them through AIM
                    @everyone: I'm tired of hearing this. You can have direct conversations in the thread. Give it a try. Unless there's something you don't want to share with the class?

                    Comment

                    • yo man im awesome
                      soleil ardent
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2007
                      • 6514

                      #175
                      Sorry about not posting everybody, I've been at my cousins house the past couple days, and I intended on coming home yesterday (I didn't) I'm going to be home in a couple hours, at which point I'll start posting. Again sorry, not trying to be utr here, just an unfortunate turn of events.


                      Posted from Flashflashrevolution.com App for Android

                      Originally posted by choof
                      you double dad loving dipshit
                      Originally posted by t-rogdor
                      dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                      Originally posted by smartdude1212
                      I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                      Comment

                      • Krauthammer
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2012
                        • 362

                        #176
                        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        Would you say placing pressure votes is a trait of a townie, of a red, or neither? What do you think a player has to gain by placing a pressure vote? Would you employ this tactic? Why or why not?
                        Hmmmm...depends. Sometimes it may be a cheap way for a wolf to defend himself when voting. If people turns against him, it can be all "but it was a reaction voooooote". A better way for a human to apply pressure is to directly confront the player. Normally a vote doesn't do much as pressure, and it makes the player look bad overall. But in this game, I suppose it is one of the few ways to try to inflict pressure on somebody.

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        Roughly how many games of TWG have you played as a non-red? As a townie, are you usually able to clearly explain why you have made a certain read on a specific player? Or do you often vote based on a "gut feeling?"
                        Hmmmmm...I have lost count on how many games I have played as a non-red.

                        Most times I'm able to back-up my thoughts and suspicions with posts and chatlogs, but...I admit that, in few occasions, a gut feeling is all I have. Normally I don't follow those feelings, as it is a bad reason. Normally when I have one I try to talk with the player to have a better opinion.

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        @everyone: I'm tired of hearing this. You can have direct conversations in the thread. Give it a try. Unless there's something you don't want to share with the class?
                        There are a few things that the thread doesn't replace. My complaints against this method isn't the lack of direct conversations. It is that, in the thread, one doesn't have a measurable way to see how much a player thinks before replying. One can't apply as much pressure in the confrontations. One can't see a more genuine reaction from people.

                        A big part of AIM communication (or chatroom communication, in some cases), is that it is a way people feels comfortable with, most times. People may be more careless in it, you know, since it is a more private way of communication. It may give the lines necessary to have a better insight on a player, but in the thread, one needs to think very well what to say in a post, what words to use, and one has practically a very, very, very long amount of time to think before posting. On AIM one doesn't, thanks to the direct communication.

                        That is what I mean with my "I wish I could talk with them through AIM".

                        Comment

                        • dAnceguy117
                          new hand moves = dab
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 10103

                          #177
                          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                          Originally posted by Krauthammer
                          Hmmmm...depends. Sometimes it may be a cheap way for a wolf to defend himself when voting. If people turns against him, it can be all "but it was a reaction voooooote". A better way for a human to apply pressure is to directly confront the player. Normally a vote doesn't do much as pressure, and it makes the player look bad overall. But in this game, I suppose it is one of the few ways to try to inflict pressure on somebody.
                          Reaction votes are different from pressure votes.

                          reaction vote
                          [player Y votes for player X]
                          player X: "Don't be ridiculous! I'm not a red! I vote for player Y."

                          pressure vote
                          [player X has 3 votes; some other player has 4 votes; instalynch is at 7]
                          player Y: "player X has been diverting attention. I vote player X. Maybe now he/she will respond to these votes?"

                          Voting someone in addition to calling the player out can be an effective way of spurring the person to make meaningful posts. As we know, high levels of activity give the town the best chance to win.

                          Originally posted by Krauthammer
                          There are a few things that the thread doesn't replace. My complaints against this method isn't the lack of direct conversations. It is that, in the thread, one doesn't have a measurable way to see how much a player thinks before replying. One can't apply as much pressure in the confrontations. One can't see a more genuine reaction from people.
                          Understood. There are other ways of interrogating and reading reactions. Let's focus on those those other ways in this game.

                          Comment

                          • Netjet!
                            Sic itur ad astra
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 4701

                            #178
                            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                            thank you yosh for setting an ending time for the day, 38 hours is a bit long IMO haha. I don't have much to contribute at this point, but good on you dance for trying to dig deep for more insight into the player makeup and trying to spur activity.
                            RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                            Comment

                            • James May
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 3817

                              #179
                              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                              25% chance of lynching an Arsonist/Roleblocker via random lynch. not 33%.

                              @James: do you feel like you know any players in this game very well? Think of the person with whom you think you are most familiar. What's your current read on this person? How many other games have you played with him/her?
                              that would be ymia, kraut, & pedolad. played them a few times each different ocassion.

                              Now the comment that kraut made about wishing to talk to tps & jrodd on aim struck me a tad suspicious, but who knows, could be genuine derp town. could be a cop or arsonist...

                              ymia at least gave his reason for being inactive, so utr is out of the question.

                              jrodd, he's his usual self . now not sure if he and kraut have anything to do with each other but not fireman for sure.
                              bananas


                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #180
                                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                                Originally posted by James May
                                .

                                Now the comment that kraut made about wishing to talk to tps & jrodd on aim struck me a tad suspicious, but who knows, could be genuine derp town. could be a cop or arsonist...
                                It's interesting that you placed "cop" before "arsonist" in your thought there. Subconscious motivational slip, perhaps?

                                Comment

                                Working...