TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James May
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2012
    • 3817

    #151
    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

    also, a+ j-rodd for "crazy but just might work" plan
    bananas


    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #152
      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

      jrodd: not foolproof because the Police can get roleblocked. still, I really like that line of thinking, and no risks are involved. nice work.

      I was in the Grocery Store, cuz the bread was low

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #153
        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

        @YoshL: if a player doesn't send a night PM, would the player be notified of which building they were placed into?

        Comment

        • j-rodd123
          End of the road
          • Oct 2006
          • 3692

          #154
          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

          oh I was assuming that when both police are alive that if one is roleblocker then the other gets the seer result, but I guess it makes more sense if they're both blocked.

          Also ya I don't think players who didn't submit would get to know their building I didn't consider that loooool which is what V prolly did

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          wow

          Comment

          • Zoshi
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2013
            • 144

            #155
            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

            I went to school.

            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #156
              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              @YoshL: if a player doesn't send a night PM, would the player be notified of which building they were placed into?
              I don't think that's necessary, because unless you die, it really won't matter (from what I can think of)


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • j-rodd123
                End of the road
                • Oct 2006
                • 3692

                #157
                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                at this rate the day won't ever end

                Easiest villa win ever

                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                wow

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #158
                  Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                  more like a stalemate though.

                  hopefully people were just on their fourth of July shit and will be ready to go soon

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #159
                    Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                    Netjet you gotta post dude. the worst thing that can happen for the town is to reach the last few days with people alive who haven't posted anything.

                    if posting infrequently is really a "playing style," it's an anti-town one.

                    Comment

                    • Netjet!
                      Sic itur ad astra
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 4701

                      #160
                      Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                      You're right, I'm going to make sure I contribute more this game than I did last game. It's not in the spirit of TWG for me or anyone else to be inactive at a such a critical point - we all have to work towards figuring out where the arsonists are going to go for next, and plan a good strategy that will work best for all of us.

                      Biggest thing - fireman, don't claim. You saw what happened when zoshi did it in the other thread: you'll get roleblocked every single night if you do (most likely) by the arsonist roleblocker. The strategies of assigning people to houses (both dance's and tps' ideas) are really good but they really heavily rely on trust and cooperation, something of which isn't really guaranteed in the beginning part of the game (in this game the first two phases).

                      I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the best way to go about this is... one of the leading strategies IMO was what dance said, to order the fireman to one designated house and get everyone else to randomly disperse into the remaining houses. It would keep the fireman safe and would allow the police to seer the rest. We have to make sure that everyone doesn't clump up into one house (ie. only 3 per house like tps(?) suggested) so the least amount of townies will die if the house was targeted.
                      RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #161
                        Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                        i am appeased for now. thanks for the effort broski. I think our discussions during day phases should be focused on player analysis rather than planning for night actions though.

                        quick note: Place Fireman in Building tactic relies on cooperation more than any other. if even one other person chooses the same building, then the Fireman will be at a huge risk. I guarantee the reds know this.



                        @ next poster: in your opinion, what's the most suspicious post that's been made during Day 1 thus far?

                        Comment

                        • cedolad
                          moonchild~
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 6879

                          #162
                          Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                          Originally posted by Netjet!
                          That's not really fair at all, cedo. If you knew how I played twg you would know that I'm not the most active poster in the world. Since the first night of the game generally doesn't provide much information to go on, I was waiting for the news to see which building the arsonists hit. Unfortunately (but also fortunately) no one died from the burning, which sucks for trying to figure out how to proceed. Like James said we have little info to go on at this point, so we'll have to try to get a bearing on where to go next.
                          which is why I didn't cast a vote lol.

                          there were a lot of questions asked, I have a pounding headache (woooo), and I'm get my tires rotated ;D

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #163
                            Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                            list of people who have not posted during Day 1:

                            yo man im awesome
                            Xiz
                            Viccica


                            Day 1 started 38 hours ago.

                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #164
                              Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                              i'll add pressure to yoman

                              this is kinda dumb, plz set a hard time for end of phase. waiting for a maj lynch could take forever, and ppl feel no pressure so arent posting.

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • James May
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2012
                                • 3817

                                #165
                                Re: TWG XCVII: The Flame War (Real Version)

                                damn guys, this is harddo as fuck. post kevin, mr. cubone, & vic :c

                                Anyhow, we coud just set the three of them in a kitb if all else fails, we have a 33% chance of nailing an arsonist that way but we would be risking two towns in that process. If a town dies, oh well; if arsonist die, yay, if fireman died, oops...; if cop dies, oops...
                                bananas


                                Comment

                                Working...