jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #376
    Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
    danceflashrevo, what would your first thought be if Redsludge is lynched and flips village?
    The chances of this happening are half and half at the moment

    Though, I would like to see his thoughts on the theory or situation if you would





    Comment

    • Charles Claythorne
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2013
      • 138

      #377
      Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

      j-rodd will never read any of the random facts i post here

      Comment

      • benguino
        Kawaii Desu Ne?
        • Dec 2007
        • 4190

        #378
        Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

        Also, just as a heads up, I won't be as active for the next 5 days or so. I'll be traveling to Baltimore for applicant processing and an interview for a summer position at the NSA.

        My flight leaves 8pm server time tomorrow and I come back and my returning flight returns at about 10pm server time on 3/11 (Wednesday).

        I'll try to keep up with the game when I can. Obviously, I won't have internet on the plane, but I'll try to catch up between layovers. And while I'm in Baltimore, they don't allow cellphones/laptops/etc on-site, but I'll be online when I return to my hotel room every afternoon.

        Just letting you guys know so that way you will know that I didn't fall off the face of the Earth
        AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


        Originally posted by Spenner
        (^)> peck peck says the heels
        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
        Originally posted by Zakvvv666
        awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

        Comment

        • T-Force
          Your world ends with you
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 4753

          #379
          Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

          Why do I even bother... I've already mentioned this before, but if you are not in this game, nor have been allowed to make a post (AKA helping me out when requested) can you kindly keep it for postgame...
          Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

          Comment

          • Redsludge
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2015
            • 2

            #380
            Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            Could you tell me where else you've played?
            I play on a forum called Last Life. I would link to example human/wolf games but I don't have enough posts on the forum yet.

            Originally posted by choof
            his claim fucking sucked and I don't believe it for a second, I believe he's sticking with the claim to save face
            Yeah basically this. It was probably a really dumb thing to do, but I do these things sometimes. I was tired and wanted to get involved in the game more so I thought why not.

            I am a Vanilla Townie, I claimed basically to get the game started. I have no idea of what game setup we're in, or if there is a 1-Shot Bulletproof at all. I wanted to set myself up as wolf bait for the night phase. Someone has to die so why not a VT? I see now though that my idea was dumb in this game set up and I probably won't make it that far now anyway.

            Originally posted by _Zenith_
            Now that Dance mentioned it, it would've done you a lot better without saying anything if your intentions were to draw in a wolf.

            Also I did see you mention something about asking a possible townie to protect you which makes you seem more of a wolf because you are specifically asking for protection after the claim that you're a 1-shot townie when technically you already protect yourself once.
            Yeah I guess I didn't really think that through. I haven't played in any games where talk outside of the thread isn't permitted any I didn't really think of the impact which that had on claiming any sort of role. I figured the wolves would want a 1-Shot Bulletproof dead because they wouldn't want to go into a final day phase with a possible bulletproof to take down. Being a standard VT, if there is a Jailbreaker in the game then they would be protecting a human.

            Originally posted by choof
            I haven't even seen him lurk since he committed to his bullshit-as-hell claim
            I'm sure we live in different timezones, when you are most active I am most likely sleeping or at work!

            Comment

            • danceflashrevo
              scumfan is scared of aa
              • Sep 2007
              • 488

              #381
              Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

              If redsludge flips green then... he fucked up I guess. I don't really believe his claim due to the fact that he like... revoked it and then reclaimed after v posted that he would've believed if he stuck with the claim. I think that he reclaimed as trying to appear green again. But I don't think that there's a better lynch today, and we have a good chance of getting a wolf here. V has been a little nitpicky but it might be to him trying to feel twg again. We'll see how his play style develops later in the game maybe d2 or something. I think the wolfing will give us some info. The only info that I think the cardflip will give unfortunately is if redsludge is red or green, but no info on the other players. So with this being said, I don't think we should focus on redsludge until eod and try to get some more info.

              Sorry for no formatting, feeling very streamy tonight

              Why are you here?

              Comment

              • danceflashrevo
                scumfan is scared of aa
                • Sep 2007
                • 488

                #382
                Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                Oh, hey redsludge. The problem with your claim if it was fake was that it can often bait out some actual pr instead of a wolf. Sure it sets you up for being the nightkill (well.. not anymore because you took back your claim) but it can really fuck the game up for town.

                Instances where it could be bad: There's a cop in the game. There can't be a cop and a bulletproof in the same setup so it baits him out. There could also be an actual bulletproof, which baits him out.

                So if you really are vt and claimed bulletproof because it seemed like a good idea, I suppose this is a learning experience :P

                Why are you here?

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #383
                  Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                  I will be joining the ranks of the semi-AFK over this weekend. I will probably remain active, but will be limited mostly to mobile access.

                  Originally posted by Redsludge
                  I play on a forum called Last Life. I would link to example human/wolf games but I don't have enough posts on the forum yet.
                  Heyyyy! I'm pranceguy. I've barely played at Last Life Forums, so I wouldn't expect to be recognized, haha. Anyway, welcome to FFR!

                  Originally posted by _Zenith_
                  Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                  Hey Zenith, I'd like to see if you can tie up one more loose end here. There haven't been any cardflips yet, so I'll speak in hypothetical terms.

                  You've already explained why it wouldn't make much sense for an actual 1-shot Bulletproof Townie to ask a Jailkeeper to target them. What motivation might a wolf have to ask a Jailkeeper to target them?
                  I would assume if a wolf had motivation for asking for protection, it would be for a mask as to whether or not they are just covering their tracks or purposely revealing this information to mask or something along the lines like sheeping
                  Not a bad response, but not exactly what I was going for.

                  In what two ways can the Jailkeeper power be a detriment to wolves? If a Jailkeeper were to actually jail a wolf upon that wolf's request, what would the best next move from the wolves be, in terms of night actions?

                  Comment

                  • Redsludge
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2015
                    • 2

                    #384
                    Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                    Heyyyy! I'm pranceguy. I've barely played at Last Life Forums, so I wouldn't expect to be recognized, haha
                    I remember you!! I am Jon, I think we played a couple of games together.

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #385
                      Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Redsludge
                      I play on a forum called Last Life. I would link to example human/wolf games but I don't have enough posts on the forum yet.
                      If you're not new, then you should know what we pretty much have to do, right? Claiming a role and then saying it was a joke is something we don't need as a town.

                      Originally posted by Redsludge
                      It was probably a really dumb thing to do, but I do these things sometimes. I was tired and wanted to get involved in the game more so I thought why not.
                      The phases are 48 hours, when you claimed you had plenty of time to engage in the game without having to sprout a role and then say you joked about it.

                      Once again, if you're not new, your posts are going to be viewed as you know what you're doing and knew perfectly well the consequences of posting such things within the game.

                      Originally posted by Redsludge
                      I am a Vanilla Townie, I claimed basically to get the game started. I have no idea of what game setup we're in, or if there is a 1-Shot Bulletproof at all. I wanted to set myself up as wolf bait for the night phase. Someone has to die so why not a VT? I see now though that my idea was dumb in this game set up and I probably won't make it that far now anyway.
                      Nope, not buying it under these new lenses I got that you've admitted to.

                      Originally posted by Redsludge
                      Yeah I guess I didn't really think that through. I haven't played in any games where talk outside of the thread isn't permitted any I didn't really think of the impact which that had on claiming any sort of role. I figured the wolves would want a 1-Shot Bulletproof dead because they wouldn't want to go into a final day phase with a possible bulletproof to take down. Being a standard VT, if there is a Jailbreaker in the game then they would be protecting a human.
                      Of course they would want a role dead, but what the heck duder? Do you know what a bullet proof person does? The wolves can't wolf them in the night, like at all. They CAN'T kill and probably NEVER WILL kill you seeing you're in this predicament. Also, jailkeeper shouldn't be protecting humans, like at all. They should be going after who they think is a wolf and see if they were successful in blocking.




                      ur ass is grass m8


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #386
                        Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                        Not a bad response, but not exactly what I was going for.

                        In what two ways can the Jailkeeper power be a detriment to wolves? If a Jailkeeper were to actually jail a wolf upon that wolf's request, what would the best next move from the wolves be, in terms of night actions?
                        honestly it could prevent one of the wolves to not attack that night and if the other wolf (using this setup as an example) was a roleblocker, couldn't that wolf roleblock the jailkeeper (such a long shot but I'm still learning) which means that the second wolf can kill and that wastes the jailkeeper role for that phase.

                        In wolf terms of night actions, since it doesn't say specifically that the Jailkeeper could be potentially roleblocked, above statement could happen but still that's a long shot.





                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #387
                          Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                          you're thinking about really contrived and not probable scenarios

                          if a wolf got jailed, why would the second wolf not send in the kill on someone else

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #388
                            Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                            I should post this, but whatever, I'm having trouble imagining the thought process you had, Redsludge.

                            If you wanted to do something that the wolves would go after because it's a threatening role, why didn't you say any other role the game could possibly have?


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #389
                              Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                              I shouldn't*


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #390
                                Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                                honestly that scenario doesn't even make sense
                                if a jailkeeper knows who at least one wolf is, it would make much more sense that the jailkeeper would disregard that wolf's request and protect who they think would be that wolf's night kill

                                Comment

                                Working...