jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #271
    Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Now that Dance mentioned it, it would've done you a lot better without saying anything if your intentions were to draw in a wolf.

    Also I did see you mention something about asking a possible townie to protect you which makes you seem more of a wolf because you are specifically asking for protection after the claim that you're a 1-shot townie when technically you already protect yourself once.


    There's another small detail or two that caught my eye, but I believe they can wait.

    Redsludge is at L-2, I believe? (That's shorthand for "2 votes away from being lynched".) That's fine with me for now.

    One thing to note for newer players: placing the vote which instalynches a player is a major move, and on this site is usually done with caution, or not done at all.

    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #272
      Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Redsludge
      I am gonna go ahead and claim 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie

      If there's a Jailkeeper then you should guard me in the night phase, it might give us an inkling into what type of setup we have here! If there's a Tracker well then, just do your thing and don't get lynched!
      Proof #2

      This was the first post

      "I am gonna go ahead and claim role"

      actually just in general this first post is just suspicious in itself





      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #273
        Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

        Originally posted by Charu
        Charu -> Danceguy
        Danceguy -> Vendetta
        storn -> Charu
        Danceguy -> Zenith
        Zenith -> PrawnSkunk
        choof -> Zenith
        Zenith -> Choof
        Danceguy -> UNVOTE
        Zenith -> PrawnSkunk
        storn -> Danceguy
        reuben -> Charu
        Zenith -> UNVOTE
        Danceguy -> Charu
        Vendetta -> Storn
        Redsluge -> Charu
        Zenith -> Charu
        Choof -> UNVOTE
        Zenith -> UNVOTE
        Zenith -> Vendetta
        Reuben -> UNVOTE
        Redsludge -> Zenith
        Vendetta -> Redsludge
        Zenith -> Redsludge

        Redsludge - XX
        Danceguy - XX
        Charu - X
        Storn - X
        Zenith - X

        I'm afraid of my counting abilities guys, but I do believe that is the correct order of votes that has happened.
        Wanted to keep the voting updated; I believe this is the current votes as of this post





        Comment

        • _Zenith_
          Accuracy Player
          • Mar 2011
          • 4629

          #274
          Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

          actually storn has no votes against now with V switching; also if reuben switched I think Charu also has no votes against now

          then the list is accurate





          Comment

          • T-Force
            Your world ends with you
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 4753

            #275
            Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

            Many thanks for your personal vote counts and such. I'll be home from work around 4 PM server time (preferably earlier) and will do the counts and updates.
            Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

            Comment

            • choof
              Banned
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2013
              • 8563

              #276
              Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

              Originally posted by Redsludge
              I am gonna go ahead and claim 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie

              If there's a Jailkeeper then you should guard me in the night phase, it might give us an inkling into what type of setup we have here! If there's a Tracker well then, just do your thing and don't get lynched!
              the fuck is wrong with you
              I have some errands to run right now but this claim was is very detrimental to the town

              sure, it makes you effectively invincible and clears a villager, but it narrows down the potential setups from 6 to 2, and the wolves now know to never target you at night

              imo bulletproof is best played by breadcrumbing the wolves into targeting you

              you'll never get to use your role now

              Comment

              • choof
                Banned
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2013
                • 8563

                #277
                Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                at this point I'm actually thinking zenith is a top candidate from all of the vote swapping and his reasonings have almost always been "omgus" or thinly vieled sheep votes

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #278
                  Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by choof
                  the fuck is wrong with you
                  I have some errands to run right now but this claim was is very detrimental to the town

                  sure, it makes you effectively invincible and clears a villager, but it narrows down the potential setups from 6 to 2, and the wolves now know to never target you at night

                  imo bulletproof is best played by breadcrumbing the wolves into targeting you

                  you'll never get to use your role now
                  Why do you sound so certain that Redsludge's role matches his claim? Is it because he's not your partner?

                  choof

                  Comment

                  • benguino
                    Kawaii Desu Ne?
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 4190

                    #279
                    Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                    I'm not buying RedSludge's reasoning at all. Claiming bulletproof townie is often seen as a scummy move. For example, you say that the wolves will want to target you to get you done and over with, but this is unlikely. Why? Because why would wolves target someone who they know won't die that same night. Wolves have no reason to kill you now so you've made your role essentially useless. That's why claiming bulletproof is seen as scummy: with many roles that claim, the wolves will likely kill them that same night, thus confirming their alignment (since cardflips are on). This isn't the case with bulletproof: you're not going to get killed in the night and we don't know whether that's because you really are a bulletproof townie, or a wolf that's been lying to us this whole time.

                    Also, I'm not buying the counterclaim reasoning either. Wolves have very little incentive to counterclaim at this stage in the game. Also, with this setup, the lack of a counterclaim does not imply that you indeed have your role, because we don't even know what setup we are and you may be trying to fool us into thinking otherwise.

                    Sorry for the rant, but the bulletproof claim set off some red flags for me. I'll end this post with an intention to vote, but I want to get an official vote tally from T-Force first.
                    AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                    Originally posted by Spenner
                    (^)> peck peck says the heels
                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                    Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                    awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #280
                      Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by _Zenith_
                      Did you forget this is my first game? :P
                      stop using this as a copout

                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #281
                        Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by choof
                        at this point I'm actually thinking zenith is a top candidate from all of the vote swapping and his reasonings have almost always been "omgus" or thinly vieled sheep votes
                        my votes have all had good reasons

                        like I said in an earlier post, the fact he was claiming 1-shot role can be thought with this counterpoint of asking a possible jailkeeper to protect him even though he already has 1-shot safety as potential wolf

                        My eyes are still on him as the best candidate thus far





                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #282
                          Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                          Why do you sound so certain that Redsludge's role matches his claim? Is it because he's not your partner?

                          choof
                          I'm not certain at all and would hammer him; that post was theory

                          Comment

                          • choof
                            Banned
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 8563

                            #283
                            Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                            if the vote count is tallied correctly in zenith's post
                            redsludge

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #284
                              Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Redsludge
                              I wouldn't say seasoned but I have some experience, yes. Cold Kitten got me to play in this game.
                              Could you tell me where else you've played?

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #285
                                Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Game Thread

                                if redsludge says mafiascum i'm putting my fist through my face

                                Comment

                                Working...