TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShadoWolfe
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 171

    #2146
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    I like how the only two votes are on each other.
    /s

    MML I waited before sharing because I didn't want my input to change anyone else's mind, considering he was talking about my slot and all.
    It's logically fallacious (faulty comparison) to compare my response to freezin (me volunteering my thoughts on his claim and drawing more responses by informing everyone I was going to be addressing it after they gave their thoughts) to dadcop's response to me (direct question asked of him that he reluctantly responded to while saying he didn't owe me a response).

    There's literally no contradiction in the posts that you quoted there. In fact, I'd say that my second post is doing exactly what my first post asks of town (freely sharing thoughts and providing reasoning).

    Will be back later tonight to begin ISOing most (hopefully all) of you in advance of tomorrow's EoD. We're basically at MYLO, so we really can't afford another mislynch.





    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
    Originally posted by YoshL
    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5401

      #2147
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      You know I can't help but feel the mindset that gave us this post:

      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
      Hi dadcop, I'm "the guy who replaced him". Can you give me your thoughts on DFR and MML please? I've been catching up but would appreciate your perspective.

      Is not the mindset that gave us this:

      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
      I waited before sharing because I didn't want my input to change anyone else's mind, considering he was talking about my slot and all.
      .....

      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
      I like how the only two votes are on each other.
      /s

      MML I waited before sharing because I didn't want my input to change anyone else's mind, considering he was talking about my slot and all.
      It's logically fallacious (faulty comparison) to compare my response to freezin (me volunteering my thoughts on his claim and drawing more responses by informing everyone I was going to be addressing it after they gave their thoughts) to dadcop's response to me (direct question asked of him that he reluctantly responded to while saying he didn't owe me a response).

      There's literally no contradiction in the posts that you quoted there. In fact, I'd say that my second post is doing exactly what my first post asks of town (freely sharing thoughts and providing reasoning).


      Will be back later tonight to begin ISOing most (hopefully all) of you in advance of tomorrow's EoD. We're basically at MYLO, so we really can't afford another mislynch.
      The post that says you don't want to share your thoughts is not contradictory to the post saying that town should be sharing thoughts?

      I mean the whole "I don't want to change town's mind" coming from a sub is a wishy washy, almost vain excuse enough as is but seriously I would have liked your defense alot better if it was "I just decided that the situation was different" alot more then you telling me their not something they are.

      Yeeeeeeeeeeeah uh Shado.
      ​

      Comment

      • dAnceguy117
        new hand moves = dab
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2002
        • 10103

        #2148
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        caught up 'cept for the post above this

        Comment

        • MixMasterLar
          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 5401

          #2149
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          Well,

          Thoughts?
          ​

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #2150
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            so far I'm thinking dadcop is the lynch here. checks in and responds to a few things, doesn't weigh in, hasn't given reads this game without being specifically prompted to do so.

            Originally posted by dadcop2
            my team? i have to just ASSUME you're on my team?
            and the tone in this one in particular.

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #2151
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Well,

              Thoughts?
              your votes moving you out of my townreads. it's starting to feel to me like you don't care whether or not you're reaching when you make pushes.

              I'm also not seeing where you're trying to use POE anywhere to solve this game, which is insane.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #2152
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                DFR and storn are on the table as well, I don't think I'm voting anyone else here.

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #2153
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  freezin looks super pure, I don't at all buy that he was just making shit up about the intentions behind his play in the last day phase. that's so much more convoluted than a wolf needs to get.

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5401

                    #2154
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    I'm not supporting a DFR lynch because I already pushed him and I don't think he would have responded to me as he did as wolf. I'll once again cite d0 when he and I got into it about him sheeping Choof.


                    I don't know how my my votes are moving me out of town from your point of view when Shado is in AA's slot and I already was scumreading AA, unless you want to admit that you think staying on that slot in itself is making me scummy.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5401

                      #2155
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      I will admit that I'm thinking Freezin would be a mislynch, we're on the same page with that.

                      Still a really bad plan that probably didn't do that much but meh.
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #2156
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        tough to say whether it (the plan) mattered or not, but I don't see what's so bad about it. faking reads for a bit can be really clever at times.

                        Comment

                        • ShadoWolfe
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 171

                          #2157
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Wow.. -facepalm-
                          Did you even bother trying to understand the post you just quoted?

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          The post that says you don't want to share your thoughts is not contradictory to the post saying that town should be sharing thoughts?
                          If that was even remotely close to what I said, I'd understand where you were coming from. I never said I didn't want to share my thoughts. I actually went out of my way to say that I WOULD BE SHARING MY THOUGHTS, after giving other people a chance to form their own conclusions. Not only was I sharing, I was giving a heads up that I would be sharing, and alerting people to the relevant post.

                          How does that even come close to saying "I don't want to share my thoughts"?!

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          I mean the whole "I don't want to change town's mind" coming from a sub is a wishy washy, almost vain excuse enough as is
                          Here's another quote that I never said. Stop taking your demented opinion and trying to insist it came from me. I wasn't worried about changing town's mind, I was trying to make sure any wolf responding would have less to sheep from and would have to post their own take on the situation.

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          but seriously I would have liked your defense alot better if it was "I just decided that the situation was different" alot more then you telling me their not something they are.

                          Yeeeeeeeeeeeah uh Shado.
                          Why am I not surprised. -sigh- I guess if there's one good thing to come of this, the level of denseness you're exhibiting right now is somewhat reminding me of your typical towngame. We'll see how that ISO looks though.





                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #2158
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            I don't know how my my votes are moving me out of town from your point of view when Shado is in AA's slot and I already was scumreading AA, unless you want to admit that you think staying on that slot in itself is making me scummy.
                            part of that's a good point - I kinda forgot that you were still holding your AA read last day phase.

                            the votepost on shado doesn't seem solid enough for a vote this late in the game.

                            I'm a little encouraged by you rescinding on freezin though

                            Comment

                            • FreezinIce
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2005
                              • 265

                              #2159
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              [QUOTE=MixMasterLar;4501069]What did I ignore? Pretty sure if you read all my responses it should cover just about everything.[/QUOTE

                              Originally posted by FreezinIce
                              Normally we would never have the chance to get wolves to kill each other so ask yourself why would you not take advantage of this mechanic to the highest possible degree as a town realistically could without being seen as suspicious beforehand.
                              Respond to that
                              ========

                              To let the world be.

                              ========

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                              Originally posted by roundbox
                              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                              Originally posted by Red
                              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                              Originally posted by TWG Ike
                              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                              Comment

                              • FreezinIce
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 265

                                #2160
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Fuck dadcop2
                                ========

                                To let the world be.

                                ========

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                                Originally posted by Red
                                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                                Comment

                                Working...