TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShadoWolfe
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 171

    #2116
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Back for awhile.

    Freezin, all mudslinging and arguing aside, what's your read on MML?





    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
    Originally posted by YoshL
    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

    Comment

    • FreezinIce
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 265

      #2117
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Town read on MML atm. It's hard to see through his meta and a game like this gives him licence to play like he normally does as town but what leans it away from scum is he isn't taking the path of least resistance or the path that would maximize survival, and I don't THINK he's trying to push an agenda. But when every wolf is essentially a sk its really hard to tell.
      ========

      To let the world be.

      ========

      Originally posted by Charu
      Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
      Originally posted by roundbox
      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
      Originally posted by Red
      My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
      Originally posted by TWG Ike
      SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

      Comment

      • FreezinIce
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 265

        #2118
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        So town lean final answer
        ========

        To let the world be.

        ========

        Originally posted by Charu
        Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
        Originally posted by roundbox
        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
        Originally posted by Red
        My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
        Originally posted by TWG Ike
        SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

        Comment

        • ShadoWolfe
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2009
          • 171

          #2119
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          No response yet, so I guess I'll start responding to some stuff I was waiting for a better time to respond to. Freezin, please respond with your read on MML when you can 'cause there's a couple stuff I wanna share that are waiting on that.





          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
          Originally posted by YoshL
          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

          Comment

          • ShadoWolfe
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2009
            • 171

            #2120
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            rip ninja'd.





            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
            Originally posted by YoshL
            "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

            Comment

            • FreezinIce
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 265

              #2121
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              It's fucking retarded because wolves likely didn't pass AA up for that. Assuming AA was town and already lived to be scumread, why the FUCK kill him when you have Raeko?

              All you did was create the need to backpeddle the nest day assuming you re telling the truth. Who benefits from? Fucking no one

              Don't try big dick moves with a small penis, basically
              Short answer is raeko wasn't directing lynches and had almost no presence in the thread. AA was scum hunting all the time which made him more dangerous in my opinion. So I thought he was the clear kill not raeko even if they both had the same overall town rating
              ========

              To let the world be.

              ========

              Originally posted by Charu
              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
              Originally posted by roundbox
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
              Originally posted by Red
              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
              Originally posted by TWG Ike
              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

              Comment

              • ShadoWolfe
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2009
                • 171

                #2122
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                @dAnce: From 2013+ games, not 2006. I haven't looked back and read the games at the dawn of FFRTWG yet.

                Originally posted by dadcop2
                oh i HAVE to? i owe you something now?
                You don't owe me anything at all. By signing up to this game, though, you did make a commitment to help your team win. If town, that does usually mean sharing your thoughts and providing your reasoning for em.
                Originally posted by dadcop2
                nothing is "bothering" me about dfr, nor is anything looking towny to me. why would i take a side on him yet?
                So nothing DFR has said or done this entire game so far has been alignment indicative for you?
                That can't be true. He's definitely contributed enough to have several posts that make you lean him one way or another. If you're null on him, that's fine but a null would mean that the weight of the towny things he's said and the wolfy things he's said are equal in your mind. But to say that nothing he's said at all has looked towny or bothered/made you suspicious at all? Ehhh...


                @Freezin, I mostly buy your claim. It makes sense to me, as he was really widely townread and in danger of an NK. That doesn't make you town, but it certainly doesn't look bad.

                @MML I was leaning you town by tone, but you've done/said a couple of things to totally change that for me. Most notably, your posts following the Charu flip, here:
                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                So this is an interesting outcome.

                Putting the miller think aside, I don't know why on earth Charu would be the target of any of the wolves. AA, ChoofRaeko and Haku are extremely townread for most of the village and were likely never going to get lynch. Charu on the other hand wasn't scum hunting as hard as he normally does and that gimmick was going to cause him problems down the road. Actually even if Charu didn't get lynched, the share whitenoise from the people bitching about him would have been excellent cover.

                So why not someone more townread? Perhaps our most town-minded folk are actually wolves?
                First off, speculation into NKs is almost always wifom. Wolves can kill anyone for any reason, and can even random it to throw off NK speculation. In this setup, because there is no wolfteam, the possiblity of a randkill only increases because wolves can't even coordinate the kill with each other. In the end, wolves are the only people who can plan ahead in trying to clear, frame, or push someone based on a kill, so town players shouldn't speculate unduly on an NK unless its brought up, much less make it the basis of a push.
                You did the opposite of this, which is inherently bad (not scummy, just bad).
                The way you followed up in your reactions and responses to AA, and in your fixation with a garbage push is what started to make me lean you scum.
                After you and AA's argument ended, Freezin pushed on AA (apparently to prevent AA from entering the nightphase universally scumread)
                Their resulting argument strengthened you enough to return to your push in a strange post where you said both that AA came out of it looking better than Freezin, but also that you liked Freezin's push and that AA was scummier.

                Beyond that, your string of recent responses to Freezin is only causing me to strengthen my scumread, but now because of the level of certainty that you have that his push on AA played no part in wolves choices for the NK.

                Like literally I can't tell if it's a dumbtell or not, because it looks like you're so focused on telling him his plan was "useless" that you don't realize you're contradicting yourself. You say, "Raeko's slot was about as confirmed as AA's was. With Raeko not being as near active as AA was and everyone already reading that slot pure (aside from me) I doubt you did anything close to saving AA". Implying that AA should've been the nightkill because their slots were as clear as each other but he was more active. Then, you follow up with: "It's fucking retarded because wolves likely didn't pass AA up for that. Assuming AA was town and already lived to be scumread, why the FUCK kill him when you have Raeko?". This second part is basically admitting that the reason AA (and me, since we're reaching the present) lived is partially because we "lived to be scumread", hence the kill on Raeko that you're talking about.





                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                Originally posted by YoshL
                "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                Comment

                • ShadoWolfe
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 171

                  #2123
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Formatting on that is godawful, but I stepped away from the keyboard in the middle of rereading MML and almost fell asleep, so I figured I should come back and finish so as to not leave an incomplete train of thought overnight.





                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                  Comment

                  • ShadoWolfe
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 171

                    #2124
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    IRRELEVENT TO CURRENT GAME:
                    ^for people ISOing in the future
                    Last thing before I sleep:

                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    But to add on: Shado's right.
                    It's hysterical tho because "knowing when to claim"probably would have helped in the FE game lol
                    Excuse me? Are you trying to say something here?
                    I don't want this to sidetrack anything in the current game, so I'll ask that you bring this up in postgame if you disagree, but I resent your implication that I mistimed my claim in that game. Any sooner, and I would've died without that last red result, and any later would have me in the mountains without service (or a claim) til EoD.

                    I'm critical enough of my own game to have outlined my bad plays in the FE postgame thread, and the timing on my claim was not one of them.
                    If you disagree, I would actually love your feedback in postgame on where you think I might've been able to improve.

                    I don't want to let this derail anything ongoing in this game, though, so I won't be responding to anything further along this topic until postgame.

                    G'night all

                    top scum currently MML+DFR





                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                    Originally posted by mellon_collie
                    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                    Comment

                    • danceflashrevo
                      scumfan is scared of aa
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 488

                      #2125
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by FreezinIce
                      There's a perfectly good reason for this

                      The reason is shut up

                      That's the reason
                      opening my laptop this tab was open on chrome. funnily enough this quote was on the page it was on. i believe you freezin lmao

                      good night

                      Why are you here?

                      Comment

                      • dadcop2
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2016
                        • 229

                        #2126
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        Fake soft claming IC as a VT is not a play that you should ever make if you want to follow your win condition fmpov.

                        I tried to be subtle last phase, but it feels like the others just didn't understand why I was town reading Storn. (even after pushing)

                        I can understand where you're coming from since you just entered the game, but that's how bad the last phase has been.

                        I didn't like the positive reaction from dadcop2/DFR on me trying to call out the IC, but I guess they're happy to know what's going on.

                        meh. I guess I should have waited longer. At same time, I didn't want the entire phase to be centered about "possibly lynching Storn".

                        Do you think there was a better play here?
                        i didn't agree with you in trying to get him to claim. i just thought it was an interesting idea that he might be ic

                        Comment

                        • dadcop2
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2016
                          • 229

                          #2127
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                          You don't ever discuss blues or your thoughts on who they might be until they out.
                          all the blues are dead though????????????????

                          Comment

                          • dadcop2
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2016
                            • 229

                            #2128
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                            You don't owe me anything at all. By signing up to this game, though, you did make a commitment to help your team win. If town, that does usually mean sharing your thoughts and providing your reasoning for em.
                            my team? i have to just ASSUME you're on my team?

                            Comment

                            • danceflashrevo
                              scumfan is scared of aa
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 488

                              #2129
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by dadcop2
                              all the blues are dead though????????????????
                              well.... innocent child could be referred to as a blue kinda. it's a special role, not just vanilla town.

                              Why are you here?

                              Comment

                              • ShadoWolfe
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 171

                                #2130
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by dadcop2
                                all the blues are dead though????????????????
                                Reread OP, they're not all dead.

                                Originally posted by dadcop2
                                my team? i have to just ASSUME you're on my team?
                                Reread what you quoted, I didn't bring myself into it at all. You can assume whatever you want about me, just be willing to share your thoughts and reasoning, especially when prompted. That's how games get solved.


                                P. S. It's interesting that you quoted those two sections to huff and puff about them, but neatly ignored my point that we're too late in the game for you to honestly think DFR hasn't said/done anything alignment indicative.





                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                                Originally posted by YoshL
                                "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                                "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                                Comment

                                Working...