TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • danceflashrevo
    scumfan is scared of aa
    • Sep 2007
    • 488

    #2086
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    @DFR

    Do you have stronger reasons to believe Storn is a wolf?
    I read the can't be mislynched a slip in the other direction but that's a pretty cool catch by you.

    He's done nothing that is very towny in my eyes even last phase so I guess no would be the answer to that question?

    Why are you here?

    Comment

    • ShadoWolfe
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2009
      • 171

      #2087
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      What the shit, Haku?!





      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
      Originally posted by YoshL
      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

      Comment

      • ShadoWolfe
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2009
        • 171

        #2088
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        You don't ever discuss blues or your thoughts on who they might be until they out.

        What kind of logic is "I'm telling this now because if I'm wrong, the real Innocent Child should claim and we can lynch Storn and also prepare for the next day. "?

        You're literally saying he has to either be a wolf or IC, and if there's a claim then we should immediately lynch storn. What if he were to flip VC? We'd have lynched another town and wasted our IC on a forced-out by another player.

        We're already in a tight spot. Please don't cause our slim chance to become nonexistent.





        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
        Originally posted by YoshL
        "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #2089
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
          You don't ever discuss blues or your thoughts on who they might be until they out.

          What kind of logic is "I'm telling this now because if I'm wrong, the real Innocent Child should claim and we can lynch Storn and also prepare for the next day. "?

          You're literally saying he has to either be a wolf or IC, and if there's a claim then we should immediately lynch storn. What if he were to flip VC? We'd have lynched another town and wasted our IC on a forced-out by another player.

          We're already in a tight spot. Please don't cause our slim chance to become nonexistent.
          Fake soft claming IC as a VT is not a play that you should ever make if you want to follow your win condition fmpov.

          I tried to be subtle last phase, but it feels like the others just didn't understand why I was town reading Storn. (even after pushing)

          I can understand where you're coming from since you just entered the game, but that's how bad the last phase has been.

          I didn't like the positive reaction from dadcop2/DFR on me trying to call out the IC, but I guess they're happy to know what's going on.

          meh. I guess I should have waited longer. At same time, I didn't want the entire phase to be centered about "possibly lynching Storn".

          Do you think there was a better play here?

          Comment

          • ShadoWolfe
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2009
            • 171

            #2090
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            Fake soft claming IC as a VT is not a play that you should ever make if you want to follow your win condition fmpov.
            Separating this away from my main point: softing a PR is something a lot of VTs do to try to draw the nightkill away from PRs. It's definitely something town does, and it can be extremely useful for town. It's one of the reasons we all leave hypothetical cop reports, because it helps protect PRs.

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I tried to be subtle last phase, but it feels like the others just didn't understand why I was town reading Storn. (even after pushing)

            I can understand where you're coming from since you just entered the game, but that's how bad the last phase has been.

            I didn't like the positive reaction from dadcop2/DFR on me trying to call out the IC, but I guess they're happy to know what's going on.

            meh. I guess I should have waited longer. At same time, I didn't want the entire phase to be centered about "possibly lynching Storn".

            Do you think there was a better play here?
            Absolutely. The better play was to not mention your suspicion at all. There wasn't any new pressure on Storn this phase. dadcop straight up said we should stop just thinking about storn, and dAnce had suggested going after actives. Also, the one vote on him was from DFR, who I had just said I thought was scum. Storn wasn't in a major danger of being lynched right at that very moment, wouldn't you say?

            Even if he was, announcing you think someone is blue does not help town. If they're blue, they'll know when to claim and that can only be decided by them or by general suggestions from town, like "I think IC should claim". If you're right and they're blue, you've just condemned them to death, and if they're a wolf, you don't want to give them a way out (by fakeclaiming with support from someone who thinks you're blue). If they're VT, you've just put them in a really tight spot.

            Simply put, you don't discuss blues. It's just bad.
            If you needed to defend him, you could've just said something about not wanting to lynch him.

            Why did "the others" need to know why you were townreading him? Exposing the IC would be bad, so its better that nobody understands your reasoning than everybody (including the wolves).





            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
            Originally posted by YoshL
            "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

            Comment

            • ShadoWolfe
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2009
              • 171

              #2091
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Storn, if you're VT then just consider totally ignoring this whole bullshit assumption Haku is making and play on. If you're IC or wolf, do whatever you want.





              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
              Originally posted by YoshL
              "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

              Comment

              • FreezinIce
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 265

                #2092
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Driving atm but long story short my push on AA was complete bullshit. He was my strongest townread, pushing the game forward, and was almost universally townread and was pretty much locked for dying next night. And I didn't want him to die and I wanted to live too.

                So I fabricated a situation where it would be advantageous to wolves to let us both live and at the same time shrink the pool of people they were killing to not include me and my strongest townread so they would have a higher chance of hitting one of their own. I made sure to breadcrumb my plan so looking back and reading my push it should be really obvious that was what I was doing. And I think near EoD AA realized it too, which was a bonus.

                Too bad the lynch failed, we got a modkill, and even in the shrunk pool they still hit a town. AA slot still alive so that worked at least. But yeah that explains my despair in a nutshell.

                So we have that, and the knowledge that mml got brave and pushed on AA again after reading my fake aggression. I'll sort that info out later I guess.
                ========

                To let the world be.

                ========

                Originally posted by Charu
                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                Originally posted by roundbox
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                Originally posted by Red
                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                Comment

                • FreezinIce
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 265

                  #2093
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                  Oh boy thanks for moving me one step further to living through the night
                  Quote relevant
                  ========

                  To let the world be.

                  ========

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                  Originally posted by Red
                  My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                  Originally posted by TWG Ike
                  SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                  Comment

                  • ShadoWolfe
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 171

                    #2094
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by FreezinIce
                    Driving atm but long story short my push on AA was complete bullshit. He was my strongest townread, pushing the game forward, and was almost universally townread and was pretty much locked for dying next night. And I didn't want him to die and I wanted to live too.

                    So I fabricated a situation where it would be advantageous to wolves to let us both live and at the same time shrink the pool of people they were killing to not include me and my strongest townread so they would have a higher chance of hitting one of their own. I made sure to breadcrumb my plan so looking back and reading my push it should be really obvious that was what I was doing. And I think near EoD AA realized it too, which was a bonus.

                    Too bad the lynch failed, we got a modkill, and even in the shrunk pool they still hit a town. AA slot still alive so that worked at least. But yeah that explains my despair in a nutshell.

                    So we have that, and the knowledge that mml got brave and pushed on AA again after reading my fake aggression. I'll sort that info out later I guess.
                    I wanna see how people respond to this before I give my thoughts on it.





                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                    Originally posted by mellon_collie
                    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5401

                      #2095
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      .......


                      Paz, man oh man.
                      Originally posted by dadcop2
                      ugh considering we had 2 blues die last night this game is pretty close to dead. how about lets stop thinking about just storn? the t-force and pazzaz wagons started up very easily and a lot of the arguments against both pazzaz and storn are based on inactivity. we thought similar things about r e and he was town too. how about we reevaluate what the fuck is actually happening before just quickly starting up another simple wagon. freezin now would be the time to talk about your case against AA or rather the guy who replaced him
                      How would AA say this?

                      This post seems pure.

                      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                      Hi dadcop, I'm "the guy who replaced him". Can you give me your thoughts on DFR and MML please? I've been catching up but would appreciate your perspective.
                      A G G R E S S I V E D E F L E C T I O N


                      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                      C'mon dude you have to give me a little more than that. Can you tell me which posts from MML made you townread him? What's bothering you about DFR to leave him on the fence?

                      Something, please.. anything more than that.
                      Shado what's your take on my interactions with AA?

                      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                      what the shit. what am I reading
                      Something you probably should have commented on yesterday.

                      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                      townest on left, most wolfest on right:
                      shado < I wanna say haku < everyone else

                      actives get pushed today.
                      I'm for pushing actives but you're gonna have to explain Shado being the top read town to me. I know you townread AA but I don't see why he's that high.

                      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                      Separating this away from my main point: softing a PR is something a lot of VTs do to try to draw the nightkill away from PRs. It's definitely something town does, and it can be extremely useful for town. It's one of the reasons we all leave hypothetical cop reports, because it helps protect PRs.



                      Absolutely. The better play was to not mention your suspicion at all. There wasn't any new pressure on Storn this phase. dadcop straight up said we should stop just thinking about storn, and dAnce had suggested going after actives. Also, the one vote on him was from DFR, who I had just said I thought was scum. Storn wasn't in a major danger of being lynched right at that very moment, wouldn't you say?

                      Even if he was, announcing you think someone is blue does not help town. If they're blue, they'll know when to claim and that can only be decided by them or by general suggestions from town, like "I think IC should claim". If you're right and they're blue, you've just condemned them to death, and if they're a wolf, you don't want to give them a way out (by fakeclaiming with support from someone who thinks you're blue). If they're VT, you've just put them in a really tight spot.

                      Simply put, you don't discuss blues. It's just bad.
                      If you needed to defend him, you could've just said something about not wanting to lynch him.

                      Why did "the others" need to know why you were townreading him? Exposing the IC would be bad, so its better that nobody understands your reasoning than everybody (including the wolves).
                      Didnt mean to quote this

                      But to add on: Shado's right.
                      It's hysterical tho because "knowing when to claim"probably would have helped in the FE game lol
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #2096
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        I have a strange feeling it's not the first time I mess up like this. I'll be more careful in my next games.
                        I just thought town needed information really badly at this point and I didn't knew what to tell DFR after he asked me why I didn't want to lynch Storn. Sorry about that.

                        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                        I wanna see how people respond to this before I give my thoughts on it.
                        It's something I can see FreezinIce doing as either alignment. It's kind of reseting his alignment and AA's as well. Do you think it's indicator of TvT/WvW ?

                        Comment

                        • danceflashrevo
                          scumfan is scared of aa
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 488

                          #2097
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          [QUOTE=Hakulyte;4500858I didn't like the positive reaction from dadcop2/DFR on me trying to call out the IC, but I guess they're happy to know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

                          Lol you're misunderstanding why I was happy. I was impressed that you thought about that but alright.

                          Why are you here?

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #2098
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by FreezinIce
                            Driving atm but long story short my push on AA was complete bullshit. He was my strongest townread, pushing the game forward, and was almost universally townread and was pretty much locked for dying next night. And I didn't want him to die and I wanted to live too.

                            So I fabricated a situation where it would be advantageous to wolves to let us both live and at the same time shrink the pool of people they were killing to not include me and my strongest townread so they would have a higher chance of hitting one of their own. I made sure to breadcrumb my plan so looking back and reading my push it should be really obvious that was what I was doing. And I think near EoD AA realized it too, which was a bonus.

                            Too bad the lynch failed, we got a modkill, and even in the shrunk pool they still hit a town. AA slot still alive so that worked at least. But yeah that explains my despair in a nutshell.

                            So we have that, and the knowledge that mml got brave and pushed on AA again after reading my fake aggression. I'll sort that info out later I guess.
                            Pretty
                            Sure
                            Wolves
                            Can't kill
                            Each other

                            Read OP

                            Why should I believe this instead of believing that wolves find out AA was red and you're trying to backpeddle convincingly

                            Dont text or drive but untill you get back to this you and AA Shado are my most suspected actives.

                            Actually here you

                            Freezin

                            Don't forget me
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • danceflashrevo
                              scumfan is scared of aa
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 488

                              #2099
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              It's hysterical tho because "knowing when to claim"probably would have helped in the FE game lol
                              Triggered

                              About the Freezin thing, I think it's really odd and kinda confusing. I don't think that them having the argument would've really affected the kill. Personally I read that interaction as TvT at the time, would like to know what other people thought at the time.

                              Why are you here?

                              Comment

                              • FreezinIce
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 265

                                #2100
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Pretty
                                Sure
                                Wolves
                                Can't kill
                                Each other

                                Read OP

                                Why should I believe this instead of believing that wolves find out AA was red and you're trying to backpeddle convincingly

                                Dont text or drive but untill you get back to this you and AA Shado are my most suspected actives.

                                Actually here you

                                Freezin

                                Don't forget me
                                Hey I'll read the op if you do.

                                After night one, they can kill each other.

                                So....yeah.
                                ========

                                To let the world be.

                                ========

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                                Originally posted by Red
                                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                                Comment

                                Working...