TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #766
    Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

    I was gonna wait until more people started talking about this to elaborate on my vote on storn, but I'll try to spark conversation by being forthright.

    I was suspicious of Tokzic, so I directly asked him what his alignment was:

    Originally posted by Tokzic

    yes i am human
    And then storn had this to say:

    Originally posted by storn42
    "i am human" "i am human" "i am human"

    yes.. but human doesn't mean "town aligned" you could be in cahoots with choof. he tried to save your ass by calling RB a woof so his seer is false. or perhaps you are a woof. but you know what. you look human to me. If you didn't LOOK human this entire game would be pointless. or perhaps you want to call yourself the mafia. because they are human as well. being human means nothing to me.
    I asked Tokzic his alignment. Tokzic said "human." Storn said "human means nothing."

    Storn didn't realize that human was the terminology for "town-aligned player." If he knew that human was the terminology for "town-aligned player" this game, he wouldn't have called Tokzic's claim useless.

    I'm claiming that he didn't know this because he wasn't assigned human for this game.


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #767
      Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

      I'll do more people later, but really, I just stopped at Tokzic because I don't really need to ISO anyone anymore after going through that again.

      Like why guys?

      WHY ARE WE NOT VOTING HIM!?


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #768
        Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

        And by later, I mean probably whenever I feel like it, bitches.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #769
          Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by Charu
          I'll do more people later, but really, I just stopped at Tokzic because I don't really need to ISO anyone anymore after going through that again.

          Like why guys?

          WHY ARE WE NOT VOTING HIM!?
          I agree Charu, but we don't know that the seering wasn't tampered with in some form. Something like that is nearly impossible to prove at this stage in the game, so Tokzic most likely will be dying today.


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • _Zenith_
            Accuracy Player
            • Mar 2011
            • 4629

            #770
            Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            Zenith when I said I wanted to talk to you earlier





            what the fuck does this mean?
            I was saying it in the perspective of rereading of what I said at that point and I couldn't even put a read on myself (as more town-aligned or wolf-aligned) as I think of myself pretty neutral up to this point.

            I've certainly tried to get town on the ball with moving towards a wolf lynch (or better yet just discussing as I blew the hell up on all of you for only leaving 2 posts in a day phase in a time period over 8 1/2 hours).

            Apologies if you had the slight read of myself being a third-party person as I am not; I most certainly win when town outnumbers it's enemies (this too is a little weird to say only because nobody has the cardflip on choof so I'm assuming there may be at least one more third-party member).





            Comment

            • _Zenith_
              Accuracy Player
              • Mar 2011
              • 4629

              #771
              Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              I agree Charu, but we don't know that the seering wasn't tampered with in some form. Something like that is nearly impossible to prove at this stage in the game, so Tokzic most likely will be dying today.
              This to a point.

              I have a massive wolf read on a certain player who outweighs the "more than likely wolf but we don't know 'cause #MysteryGame" as I still believe there is a wolf-aligned role that can tamper with seer/tracker results.

              I'm not saying Tokzic shouldn't die and no I am not defending him in a more-than-probable death; but I'm going with my reads.





              Comment

              • blindreper1179
                Vice President Of TGB
                • Jun 2006
                • 5902

                #772
                Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by roundbox
                Is anybody opposed to day phases lasting 36 hours once we drop to 10 or less players? Need a large majority of approval before this timing change.
                24 or 48 please.
                Originally posted by thesunfan
                absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                Originally posted by choof
                It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                Originally posted by choof
                whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                Originally posted by Celirra
                I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #773
                  Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  Interested to see how people react to white/black phase changes.
                  I feel like this is an early attempt to get some rolefishing done. It seems like he was trying to draw attention from players about the affinities and get players to claim that one benefits them more than the other affinity. Longshot read, but worth noting.

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  modkilling him shouldn't have ended the day.

                  choof's role seems to fit a psychic framework and that makes sense if jrodd was some kind of seer as far as balance goes.

                  How do we think powers are divided between day and night phases? I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume everyone at their base has some form of conditional power. Do we try and coordinate this publicly, assuming the coordinated use of the powers outweighs the risks of publicizing our intentions?

                  Don't really have any reads at this point, just shitposting and reactions to illegal moves.
                  Okay so I read this post as more of a blantant attempt at fishing for roles. He claims to not even attempt to form reads on players (which TBF is fucking easy), and his thoughts are not clear. Scrambling thought process is what shines in this post, especially when he backs up a statement with "assuming blah blah blah". You cannot play the game purely on assumptions.

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  I'm assuming angleshooting is synonymous with what it means in poker, and by scummy you mean wolfy?

                  I don't really know what you're saying here. What am I wrong about? How did it win and lose the game? Is any of what you're saying relevant to my point?

                  No one called Reuben a wolf and he went straight to hypothetical "why would I do this if I were a wolf" territory. I was just remarking on how he jumped straight to that.
                  After I drew fire onto Tps earlier for getting balls deep in Reuben's VT claim, the attitude wasn't and still isn't sitting right. The second sentence in itself is irrelevant to what we were discussing and seems like a way to brush off the heat he got.

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  To Choof's defense, it's not that odd to assume multiple deaths may occur in nightstart mystery game. People get trigger happy with their powers if they think they may not survive the night, especially if it's a one-shot.

                  Regardless, it's interesting to have Choof go from defeated to defiant. Whatever his win condition is, it's definitely one that apparently all sides would be against.
                  The next player to die after the RB Modkill was choof, where Tps said the bolded which pertrudes the idea of tps is a wolf. Tps in this post gave wolves ammunition and information that they can use to further increase their chances of winning this game (by discussing a mass claim being necessary to town, you let wolves know to start getting their BS claims in check for when a mass claim happens).

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  Yeah I'm cool with tokzic . Don't see the incentive to lie over that.

                  Not really happy with all of the injections being laid out. Giving the wolves knowledge of our abilities was unnecessary and counter productive. I don't know if that was an attempt to prove humanity or not.
                  ... Says he isn't happy with giving wolves more knowledge about town and their roles and also being counterproductive, yet his post before this one was utterly the epitome of being counterproductive.

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  oh and black because I wanna see how the gameplay shifts before deciding which phase is best.

                  My theory is that ultimately it will be best to remain in one floor phase. Working within known and defined roles/rules is much easier than pure mystery.
                  This entire post is from a wolf mindset. "...before DECIDING which phase is best..." really rubs me as a wolf planning the next move, but would a wolf be so dumb to say it in thread?

                  Originally posted by Tps222
                  i saw it as well DBP

                  storn
                  Lastly, an incredibly funny attempt to pocket a more town-orientated player.





                  Comment

                  • Tokzic
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 6878

                    #774
                    Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    I'll do more people later, but really, I just stopped at Tokzic because I don't really need to ISO anyone anymore after going through that again.

                    Like why guys?

                    WHY ARE WE NOT VOTING HIM!?
                    Because I'm a double guardian on black, I'm dead tonight for certain now that the wolves know this, and lynching me is not only saving the wolves valuable time but also letting them get away with killing whoever they want next phase?

                    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                    Comment

                    • Tokzic
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 6878

                      #775
                      Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                      But wow, confirmed red seering by third party! Skip the critical thinking, jump for the pitchfork!

                      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                      Comment

                      • DaBackpack
                        ~ お ま ん こ ~
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 918

                        #776
                        Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Tokzic
                        But wow, confirmed red seering by third party! Skip the critical thinking, jump for the pitchfork!
                        Basically the only way you're innocent is if RB was lying or if the seering was tampered with. That's just how it is. It's not that I trust choof, but that I trust RB's investigator claim.

                        I don't think RB would lie so early about a seering, ESPECIALLY if he didn't have an agenda to do so (yes yes I know he's done it before, but I don't think he would do it on D1)

                        So that basically leaves a tampered seering.

                        Which leaves 2 options:

                        a) A wolf has the ability to fuck up any seerings that happen during the night.
                        b) A wolf specifically targeted Red Blaster.

                        b) is bullshit, especially when choof had already outed himself as a cardflipping role. Why would somebody target RB?

                        a) seems really overpowered and basically fucks us up forever if our seerings are screwed. (If such a power exists, we need to get black affinity ASAP) (Or it's possible that it's a one-use ability in which case we don't need to worry about it anymore... but how could we know that?)

                        It's hard to reconcile that Tokzic.


                        Originally posted by Moogy
                        no one cares
                        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                        that's kind of a sad statistic

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #777
                          Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                          If Tokzic doesn't die today (which I think he probably should btw), then once the floor changes to black, Curry gives somebody the seer pill and we do it again.


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • _Zenith_
                            Accuracy Player
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 4629

                            #778
                            Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            Basically the only way you're innocent is if RB was lying or if the seering was tampered with. That's just how it is. It's not that I trust choof, but that I trust RB's investigator claim.

                            I don't think RB would lie so early about a seering, ESPECIALLY if he didn't have an agenda to do so (yes yes I know he's done it before, but I don't think he would do it on D1)

                            So that basically leaves a tampered seering.

                            Which leaves 2 options:

                            a) A wolf has the ability to fuck up any seerings that happen during the night.
                            b) A wolf specifically targeted Red Blaster.

                            b) is bullshit, especially when choof had already outed himself as a cardflipping role. Why would somebody target RB?

                            a) seems really overpowered and basically fucks us up forever if our seerings are screwed. (If such a power exists, we need to get black affinity ASAP) (Or it's possible that it's a one-use ability in which case we don't need to worry about it anymore... but how could we know that?)

                            It's hard to reconcile that Tokzic.
                            We as town are in a Catch 22 with what to do with Tokzic.

                            If he is lynched today and is truly town, then wolves kill someone at night and it becomes mylo (assuming there are three wolves as I saw it mentioned by a few players that there may be three wolves but that too is unconfirmed).

                            If he is lynched today and is truly wolf, then above happens but I believe that generates two extra phases; and it doesn't even have to be him it could be another wolf.

                            This game has been fueled by claims, which I think either disproves or extends your point A. If there is truly a tampering wolf-aligned role, then outing seer/tracker abilities early was incredibly detrimental to us as now that role knows who to tamper with.





                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #779
                              Re: TWG CXXXV: Dichotomy - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Tokzic
                              But wow, confirmed red seering by third party! Skip the critical thinking, jump for the pitchfork!
                              Damn straight, bitch!!!!


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #780
                                Vote Count

                                Votes from post 643 to post 758
                                Night in 6:02:07

                                ---
                                • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
                                • 3 -- storn42 -- DaBackpack (10), reuben_tate (12), Tps222 (6)
                                • 1 -- Vendetta21 -- Tokzic (12)
                                • 1 -- _Zenith_ -- blindreper1179 (11)
                                • 1 -- Tokzic -- Charu (8)
                                • 6 -- not voting -- _Zenith_ (15), Curry and Rice (13), DarkManticoreX2 (1), mellonxcollie (4), storn42 (13), Vendetta21 (2)
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...