TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #721
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    Originally posted by sunfan
    I feel kinda silly being criticized for making a big post when its been your claim to fame for a while now.
    I've made plenty of big posts.

    I don't think I've EVER made an enormous post with cited sources that serves only to argue that someone is human. That's the weird part. You weren't attacking a wolf, meaning you weren't directly aiding the town cause. You were just arguing hard in favor of what is the most probable situation and you did a lot of homework to get it done.

    Who else do you find suspicious atm?
    Tokzic a little, but not enough that I would sign a death warrant. Ditto for raeko. Your hard defense of xiz and hard push on me both feel really strange. I think manti could be a wolf, but I basically have to operate on the assumption that he is not. Halogen/James is up there for me, obviously, and I really don't know why so many have speculated we could be together. Xelnya's a little off-putting some of the time, and I wouldn't be upset to see him go, but I don't know if I'd vote for him right now either. xiz is almost definitely town in my mind. ymia, anko, clasko, funnygurl, etc. seem to be just playing stupid overall, but they're each probably green (I'd be very surprised if more than 1 is red, and of them, I'd say funnygurl and ymia are most likely of those 4). I have no idea what to think of snowcrafta/dance, and did someone replace guest, because I have no idea there either.

    @sunfan: I can "prove my humanity"? You're dumb, bro. You were so damn sure before, but now I can prove it to you? SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE

    ps "I also wonder why you didn't say that you couldn't make a bigger post while you were at work."

    Reading comprehension, man? I can only make larger posts WHILE I AM AT WORK. I work midnights from 11PM to 7AM, Monday through Friday nights. This may seem counter-intuitive, but that's how it is. I basically only touch a proper keyboard on a normal basis during downtime at work. At home, during the day and all through the weekend, the only browsing I do is on my phone.

    Comment

    • Funnygurl555
      T-Force's Rival
      • Dec 2010
      • 1865

      #722
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      is funny eaman?
      Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      GET DUNKED FUNNY
      (eaman is her name irl, friend)

      Comment

      • mellonxcollie
        Sectional Moderator
        Sectional Moderator
        • Dec 2006
        • 1304

        #723
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        Will check in on the thread in the morning, just changing my vote now just in case. YMIA where you been?
        Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #724
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          Kind of quiet tonight. I was going to do a vote count, but I figured I'd have another look at sunfan's posts like he suggested. Not surprisingly, there was nothing worthwhile to be gleaned from it. I did realize one thing though: im dumb lol sunfan took over for anko and i just completely forgot hahaha

          1#
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          hey duders, I'm clasko's new gf.
          Completely worthless post.

          2#:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          been keeping up with this game, a lot of human leans so far, so that's good. Don't really wanna say too much until the night is over, so I'll wait until this. Anko was vanilla town, as I'm sure you all expected. This post is important, trust me.
          Also completely worthless.

          #3:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          <3 you too
          This was in response to Xiz saying his "wolf buddies" would be killing sunfan. Completely worthless.

          #4:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          funnygurl's reaction to the killing seems really fake to me. I did the exact same thing in the game that just finished after a wolf-partner of mine was killed (only I think we can assume that T-Force was human). I'll make a bigger post when I'm not tired as shit, but I've some good human reads so far.
          PS, Afro, step up your game, you failed my first test.
          Funnygurl's reaction did seem overly calculated, but being cautious while writing a post isn't necessary a wolf tell. Furthermore, you cannot look at your own failings as a wolf and presume that other players would behave the same way as a wolf.

          The only "test" you could have made that I can see is making 3 worthless posts and then getting mad when I personally didn't say anything about how worthless they were? It feels more like you had already decided that you were going to tunnel me and wanted to make some shit up as to why. This "test" was never elaborated on and the gimmick was dropped in favor of a baseball metaphor where each time I made a post, you BS'd a reason to give me a "strike".

          #5:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          I compared this response to that one, and this one feels just like you're faking surprise. Nah Afro, I'm not on your level, but I had you down as a solid human, now I'm not so sure. Human Afro is a lot different from Wolf Afro, and it looks to me like you're struggling to emulate Human Afro and not even coming close. But, this is all early stuff, and I need to reread the thread again before I solidify any ideas. I mean, I'm not looking at *just* you to do better, Afro. Middie was a dumbass and left his vote on himself, Halo and Xiz fighting didn't really amount to jack shit, you guys trusted Tokzic's read on mellon when he was DEAD wrong about her in CIII, there's a lot of shit that I really don't like about the first day, not even mentioning the lynch/Manti's reveal.
          This post has a lot of words in it, but ultimately says nothing of value. There's a few unsubstantiated claims and repeating shit from elsewhere.

          #6:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          also Afro, if you interpreted that post of mine to say I'm better than you, that's not at all what I meant by it.
          Except that the subtext of that post was EXACTLY meant to indicate that you were above me.

          "Afro, step up your game, you failed my first test."

          How could this mean anything but "I'm just toying with you" and "I've already stepped up my game, now you need to get to my level." But again, the "test" was never elaborated on, and you quickly moved on to the baseball metaphor while randomly tunneling me.

          #7:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          ok yeah, reread the thread, first thing I want to point out is that this phase shouldn't end at 8 in the morning, that's never been a good idea, as that's when people are usually busy/sleeping or w/e, and can't be around at the end of the phase. I think it should be pushed back to at least 1 PM or so.

          Secondly, if Halogen and Afro aren't both wolves, I'm a really shitty TWG player. Both of them SCREAM wolf to me at the moment, with perhaps Afro giving me more of a vibe. I'm not 100% sure about people like snowcrafta and guest, and I would like to hear more from them, ESPECIALLY guest. Its in both his human and wolf playstyle to shove his fists up his ass after reading his PM, and then not use his hands to type anything productive for the rest of the game, so his meta can't really be looked at, only what he posts, and he hasn't really posted jack squat.

          I'll keep quiet about my suspicions regarding Afro for now, for reasons I will reveal later.

          Halogen is an obvious wolf mainly because of his SUPER weak vote on Manti. I actually wrote a short story about how wolfy I think he is.
          Stupid post. Calls out guest for being inactive, then instantly drops it. Says Halogen and I are wolves together, but doesn't explain how that makes any sense or why I was trying to lynch him during day 1 alongside manti. Says that he has some kind of information about me, but has decided against sharing it. Claims that halogen is wolfy for voting for manti, something MANY people did during day 1 including myself. So halogen voting for manti indicates that halogen is a wolf, but my vote for manti does not get counted among the manufactured pile of evidence against me?

          #8:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          The Love Song of T. Charles_Halogen

          AJ: Hey duders, I'm hyped 4 my first REAL TWG game, haha! Man, look at FoJar, voting for someone in Night One, man, that's so silly. Just blending in with typical nightposts!

          Xiz: Your mother should've aborted you.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Charles: Hey guys, I know its the middle of the day, but here's reads on Every Single Player because I've learned that posting lists regarding suspicions like this during *Day One* is a GOOD idea from all SIX games I've spectated! Haha, I'm really paying attention, if this doesn't prove I'm out to get the wolves, nothing will!

          Vendetta: I can't think of anything that V would say in this story, so this dialogue has no relevance. He was one of the first people to point out how dumb the list idea was though.

          Mittens: Hey guys, I only post when people say MY name, because I only care about this game so long as this game cares about ME. ME! I'm going to vote myself, because that's totally a smart decision and shows how much I love myself! Its a win-win! *catches sight of his reflection*
          Oh god, what a stylish hat...
          *attempts to go down on his reflection*

          Froman: Here's a shitty post that does a really crappy job of emulating my human play.
          PS. you're all dumb and I'm the best TWG player ever.

          Some Walking Canadian Wolfsteak: I'm a shitty human, but at least I'm human! And even I know better than to post a list Day One!

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Yo my ***** I'm fabulous: Hey guys, here's an obvious human post that no one should find suspicious because everyone and their mother knows that I only post solid reads and have meritful posts when I'm a wolf. My thoughts are still shit though!

          Trunks: Hey guys, I hope you all forgot that I posted a list about my suspicions regarding all the other players so that I can say that I have absolutely NO OPINIONS on the game. NONE! Here, have a weak vote for Manti, because again, I HAVE NO SUSPICIONS! Haha, Xiz needs to get laid! I'm such a card!
          The End



          yeah I was really bored. Halogen if its not obvious.
          tl;dr

          this was really dumb

          ps i was also one of the first people to point out halogen's reads list was weird yet V, who was unjustly lynched, gets credit while I get labeled as a FOR SURE DEFINITELY wolf ok that makes sense

          #9:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          that is the wolfiest post I have ever read from you Afro, goddamn. ANYONE reading ANY game by Afro knows that he goes apeshit when someone accuses him of being a wolf when he's a human, but is calm and appears uninterested. Kayla last game pointed out that when patterns are pointed out, players can change how they play, BUT Afro's play hasn't changed one bit in a decade. The shitpost I made above me was strike two, and I'm just gonna say to hell with strike three, Afrobean.
          Pointing out patterns and adjusting behavior has nothing to do with the halogen/me situation.

          Halogen and I are basically mutually exclusive. It is VERY unlikely that both of us could be wolves as it would require us trying to kill each other. In a game with cardflips, this could be bussing, but we'd each have nothing to gain by killing our own teammates.

          This is not a case of someone going "Afro always behaves this way as a human" and me adjusting my behavior to match. Seriously, if anything, I don't know how these large posts I've made aren't an indicator to you that I'm just course-correcting, adjusting my behavior to match expectations.

          #10:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          Like, afro is such a no-nonsense player, and his wall of text posts are pretty much a trademark at this point. The emoticons and short posts are as big of a tell as I've found.

          I'd rather kill Afro, but I'm pretty sure Middie wasn't cut-out for TWG, and I would be fine with voting for him to add pressure, but not kill him. He'd probably just give up if he was close to death, knowing him, so idk how to approach the votes on him. I'd rather not see him dead, but I think he's not very useful alive.
          HEY REMEMBER THAT TIME KILGAMAYAN MADE A BUNCH OF EMOTICONS AND HE WAS A WOLF BACK IN TWG 7 OR SOMETHING

          AFROBEAN USED EMOTICONS ThAT MEANS HE'S A WOLF TOO!

          BONUS #11:
          Originally posted by thesunfan
          Strike three

          You already gave strike 3.

          I might try to do a votecount in a minute, but I do have a little bit of work that I should probably try to at least start.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #725
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            I might be completely way off here, but:

            Xiz (3): Guest, Tokzic, YMIA
            Afrobean (3): sunfan, Xelnya, danceguy
            James (3): Xiz, Afrobean, clasko1000
            XelNya (1): Funnygurl555
            YMIA (1): mellonxcollie
            funnygurl555 (1): manti

            No vote: James

            Looks like I might have to go back to Xiz for self-preservation.

            ps
            Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
            In a hour or so I'm going to sart going through all these "read" posts.
            Did anything come of this?

            Comment

            • FoJaR
              The Worst
              • Nov 2005
              • 2816

              #726
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              Originally posted by FoJaR
              @TPS update page one plz
              wtf

              Comment

              • XelNya
                [Kaho]
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 3369

                #727
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Afrobean for lynch 2014

                who else is with meeeeeee

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #728
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  Afrobean for lynch 2014

                  who else is with meeeeeee
                  Danceguy. Sunfan. No one else.

                  I was going to vote for xiz, but then it became clear that he could vote for me too. Right now it's a knife in box and I have a 1/3 chance of dying, but if I try to vote xiz to save myself, I'd ironically probably end up with a 1/2 chance if death by knife in box. At least this way maybe someone, like sunfan for instance, might come in and vote for James to save xiz or me.

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #729
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    oh hey this is interesting

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #730
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      I was going to vote for xiz, but then it became clear that he could vote for me too. Right now it's a knife in box and I have a 1/3 chance of dying, but if I try to vote xiz to save myself, I'd ironically probably end up with a 1/2 chance if death by knife in box. At least this way maybe someone, like sunfan for instance, might come in and vote for James to save xiz or me.
                      this scenario or something close to it will likely come into play, and as I have rather little attachment to my reads I'm pretty willing to take this bribe before I even finish reading the new posts.

                      James May

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #731
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        yeah I'm good with this vote. Afro looks willing to play some TWG.

                        if you were already getting ready to lynch James NEXT day phase I don't get why you wouldn't be willing to lynch him here. I guess this is @sunfan @xelnya.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #732
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          Xiz was seered human, I don't really want to see him lynched, and he's too close to being lynched at this point

                          Of the three up here today, I think I'm going to go for James
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #733
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            I kinda hate how funnygirl is playing right now. Especially with this Afro lynch.

                            Like these candle images before Afro is even dead scream "I know he's a human and you're making a mistake".

                            If you're human you shouldn't have those thoughts, you shouldn't be that confident.
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #734
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              Also I think my current wolf pool looks like this: melon/funny/yima/guest
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • DarkManticoreX2
                                TWG Overlord
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 7355

                                #735
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                Sorry for Quad post, I'm a bit scattered right now. I didn't get home last night untill after midnight rom work, went directly to sleep and when I woke up had to go back in.

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Tokzic a little, but not enough that I would sign a death warrant. Ditto for raeko. Your hard defense of xiz and hard push on me both feel really strange. I think manti could be a wolf, but I basically have to operate on the assumption that he is not. Halogen/James is up there for me, obviously, and I really don't know why so many have speculated we could be together. Xelnya's a little off-putting some of the time, and I wouldn't be upset to see him go, but I don't know if I'd vote for him right now either. xiz is almost definitely town in my mind. ymia, anko, clasko, funnygurl, etc. seem to be just playing stupid overall, but they're each probably green (I'd be very surprised if more than 1 is red, and of them, I'd say funnygurl and ymia are most likely of those 4). I have no idea what to think of snowcrafta/dance, and did someone replace guest, because I have no idea there either.
                                This is what I needed to see from afro to clear him for me. I'm of a very similar mindset for yima/clasko/(sunfan/anko)/funny.

                                The only thing I can say for sonwc/dance is that they're not the RB wolf. I'm pretty sure sonwc was banned that whole night phase. I'll take whatever wolf I can get, but I want to see the RB wolf go down sooner so I can get more seerings.
                                AAA's = 800

                                Originally posted by V
                                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                                Comment

                                Working...