TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Funnygurl555
    T-Force's Rival
    • Dec 2010
    • 1865

    #496
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    Even though I'm probably the last person who should be asking this, what do the rest of you guys think of what just happened?

    I'd like to see how people respond to this. It's better than saying, "You're dumb if you think I'm a wolf!!!"

    I mean, XelNya's already suspicious of me and wants to see me gone today, so it's not like being suspicious of me is illegitimate or anything.
    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    is funny eaman?
    Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    GET DUNKED FUNNY
    (eaman is her name irl, friend)

    Comment

    • XelNya
      [Kaho]
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 3369

      #497
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
      Even though I'm probably the last person who should be asking this, what do the rest of you guys think of what just happened?

      I'd like to see how people respond to this. It's better than saying, "You're dumb if you think I'm a wolf!!!"

      I mean, XelNya's already suspicious of me and wants to see me gone today, so it's not like being suspicious of me is illegitimate or anything.
      To be fair, I think these are sort of the options:

      1. You're being framed.
      2. Exactly what I said above, you announced your intentions early on.
      3. A combination of you framing yourself as a very good ploy to deviate attention (super risky, but it would be more amusing this way.)

      All of these are possible. It's not entirely that I wish to see you lynched but as of right now option two makes the most sense to me. You've made it pretty clear through your posts that you did want him gone. I will also admit to your credit that the timing is a bit too nice for it.

      That having been said, yes I am suspicious of you now. I feel as if it'd be kind of silly not to be.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #498
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        I don't like anyone's reaction to this. Funnygurl in particular feels ready weird as she is like "omg no, I'm being framed!!!!1!" before such defensiveness would be at all appropriate. Her post feels kind of staged or something even. Furthermore, HOW is that a frame job? Why is killing tforce something that "only" she would do? Why would a wolf night-kill the person they were attacking as a lynch target in the thread? Why should anyone be suspicious of player a who wanted to lynch player b if player b happens to be wolfed the next night? That makes no sense at all! The only line of reason that makes any sense is that they were pushing to lynch someone who turned out to be human, but you can't get suspicious of everyone who tries to lynch someone who turns out to be human. No one nails a wolf 100% of the time.

        It also seems to be pretty obvious that they were hunting for the psychic, although it was not a very good choice for it. He probably would have been pretty easy for wolves to gently nudge us in the direction of lynching him today. I know that I wouldn't have objected if he ended up on the chopping block today.

        ps hey man to you find us any wolves last night???

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #499
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          Deep. "Man" in my postscript about was supposed to be "manti". Stupid autocorrect.

          PS see? It's TOTALLY possible to make reasonably sized posts on a phone.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #500
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            Fucking god damn. "Deep" was supposed to be "derp". I'm going to go kill myself now.

            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #501
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              ps hey man to you find us any wolves last night???
              #roleblocker wolf.
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1304

                #502
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Welp that was not what I expected to happen. RIP T-Force

                I can definitely see where you are coming from about FG, Afrobean. I think it's silly to assume that framing FG was absolutely the intention of that kill. There are a ton of different reasons for wolves to kill a player, and we should discuss those reasons before just jumping on the first possibility. FG's next posts were defensive and also rolled with the assumption of herself being framed, which is majorly limiting to discussion

                However I do not think she is a wolf. I know this won't make a difference to anyone else but she defended me, the only person I can 100% say is human, last night phase when she really didn't need to and it wouldn't make sense for a wolf to. That would've been a good chance for a wolf to jump on and say a human is suspicious without too much notice, or to just sit on the sidelines, but she didn't do that and instead attempted to defend me, someone she has as a green read. That seems very human to me so unless she does something else or someone can make a really good argument I am hesitant to vote for her.

                Guest, any other ideas on why the wolves would go for T-Force?
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • clasko1000
                  Ima Twans
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 633

                  #503
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Glad to see the game is back on track!

                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  halogen
                  Dam it, just because i want to kill halogen i should side with you. but i still think your a wolf.

                  P.S. I think the question we should all be asking ourselves is, why manti still alive?
                  It doesnt matter where you draw the line, everything leads to the same place... Over the line!

                  Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

                  Originally posted by emerald000
                  I'll take some more free boosters please.
                  Originally posted by choof
                  please do the community a favor
                  http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

                  Comment

                  • mellonxcollie
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1304

                    #504
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    Originally posted by clasko1000
                    P.S. I think the question we should all be asking ourselves is, why manti still alive?
                    Because the roleblocker wolf is still alive. There is no reason for the wolves to kill Manti for having a power when they can just block his power and kill someone else.
                    Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                    Comment

                    • Funnygurl555
                      T-Force's Rival
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 1865

                      #505
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Furthermore, HOW is that a frame job? Why is killing tforce something that "only" she would do? Why would a wolf night-kill the person they were attacking as a lynch target in the thread? Why should anyone be suspicious of player a who wanted to lynch player b if player b happens to be wolfed the next night? That makes no sense at all!
                      I think the argument being made (especially by XelNya) is that that's what I would want everyone to think. There would be no reason for me to kill T-Force at night, so I'm obviously not a wolf... right?
                      Eh...

                      Though IMO, it's strange that XelNya finally comes out and gives input now. Am I the only person who found that a little off? He's been watching the thread a lot and only decides to contribute to pin blame down on me. Whatever happened, as mellonxcollie also added, was limiting discussion to whether I was a wolf. Not that it's bad to talk about me, but the timing was just strange, as if he tried to get a wagon started on me the moment he found the opportunity to do so.

                      Though I did play along with it, so I'm probably not the best person to bring that up, haha.

                      That being said, Afrobean and mellonxcollie are probably right. There's many more potential reasons for why T-Force was killed over anyone else. Maybe his defensiveness hinted that he could have been a potential blue or something? He did look like he was trying to protect himself when I was grilling him earlier, so the wolves may have interpreted that as him protecting himself because he had an important role.
                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      is funny eaman?
                      Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      GET DUNKED FUNNY
                      (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #506
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        funnygurl's reaction to the killing seems really fake to me. I did the exact same thing in the game that just finished after a wolf-partner of mine was killed (only I think we can assume that T-Force was human). I'll make a bigger post when I'm not tired as shit, but I've some good human reads so far.
                        PS, Afro, step up your game, you failed my first test.
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #507
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                          Because the roleblocker wolf is still alive. There is no reason for the wolves to kill Manti for having a power when they can just block his power and kill someone else.
                          This is only part of it. By leaving manti alive, they allow us an almost confirmed human. Even without powers, that's not good for the wolves.

                          Manti is alive for fear of the guardian. They can use their role block on manti and kill randomly, hoping to get the psychic or guardian. This neutralizes manti to a large degree without the risk of losing a kill. Manti will probably get wolfed later, after they think the guardian is probably dead. In the mean time, manti probably won't get anything productive done anyway. Even if he is town, he's playing like his shitty wolf game.

                          Anyway, I feel like funnygurl is probably green. The response to being called out feels overly calculated or something, but I can deal with it.

                          ps fuck you sunfan get on my level WHAT

                          Comment

                          • Funnygurl555
                            T-Force's Rival
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 1865

                            #508
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            funnygurl's reaction to the killing seems really fake to me. I did the exact same thing in the game that just finished after a wolf-partner of mine was killed (only I think we can assume that T-Force was human).
                            I posted similarly when you died in CVI:

                            Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                            WAT.
                            Originally posted by TWG Egypt
                            And now everything I thought has went down the drain.
                            And then I proceeded to lose my cool throughout the rest of the game.

                            I do have a habit of posting defensively whenever I'm put off-guard/have heat directed at me, which I guess only puts me into a deeper hole than I was in in the first place. I didn't notice that my response looked so fake, but oh well.
                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            is funny eaman?
                            Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            GET DUNKED FUNNY
                            (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #509
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              I compared this response to that one, and this one feels just like you're faking surprise. Nah Afro, I'm not on your level, but I had you down as a solid human, now I'm not so sure. Human Afro is a lot different from Wolf Afro, and it looks to me like you're struggling to emulate Human Afro and not even coming close. But, this is all early stuff, and I need to reread the thread again before I solidify any ideas. I mean, I'm not looking at *just* you to do better, Afro. Middie was a dumbass and left his vote on himself, Halo and Xiz fighting didn't really amount to jack shit, you guys trusted Tokzic's read on mellon when he was DEAD wrong about her in CIII, there's a lot of shit that I really don't like about the first day, not even mentioning the lynch/Manti's reveal.
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #510
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                also Afro, if you interpreted that post of mine to say I'm better than you, that's not at all what I meant by it.
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...