jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • choof
    Banned
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Nov 2013
    • 8563

    #166
    Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    no
    why would you lie to the poor kid

    Comment

    • Toxophilis
      ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
      • Dec 2006
      • 501

      #167
      Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      jrodd knew what it was. it's called seer cover (which can only be done when there is a n0 seering) where i pretend.......
      i have no idea what any of this means gg
      Originally posted by AsphyxZero
      My ideal evening is being balls deep in my own ass.

      Comment

      • danceflashrevo
        scumfan is scared of aa
        • Sep 2007
        • 488

        #168
        Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

        Originally posted by Toxophilis
        i have no idea what any of this means gg
        gg

        Why are you here?

        Comment

        • TC_Halogen
          Rhythm game specialist.
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2008
          • 19376

          #169
          Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

          I'll at least say that I'm definitely not a fan for that seer cover. There isn't a lot of room for error with only six townies and a single seer. If you cause a seer to claim their actual role while falsifying your own, you run the risk of crippling the rest of the townies. Also:

          jrodd knew what it was. it's called seer cover (which can only be done when there is a n0 seering) where i pretend i have a read because i'm not the seer and then if i were to die it would clear jrodd because the wolves would have thought i was the seer when they were killing me (because they have no other primary target but the seer in this set-up and must kill the seer to win) and i would have drawn the kill away from the actual seer but i'll nip it in the bud and just let it go
          What happens if your fake seer claim over someone you thought was green turned out to be red in the first place? Is this an irrelevant point because you have a solid green read on the j-rodd/blind hydra pairing? Legitimate question because this is definitely a bit more of an advanced strategy to me, heh.

          Also, while I'm not a fan of j-rodd consistently claiming that he's lock/clear the whole time - at the same time, it seems done so frequently that it almost feels like bait for an aggressive tunnel. Either super green, or a really well played meta-game for a red.

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #170
            Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

            Originally posted by TC_Halogen
            I'll at least say that I'm definitely not a fan for that seer cover. There isn't a lot of room for error with only six townies and a single seer. If you cause a seer to claim their actual role while falsifying your own, you run the risk of crippling the rest of the townies. Also:



            What happens if your fake seer claim over someone you thought was green turned out to be red in the first place? Is this an irrelevant point because you have a solid green read on the j-rodd/blind hydra pairing? Legitimate question because this is definitely a bit more of an advanced strategy to me, heh.

            Also, while I'm not a fan of j-rodd consistently claiming that he's lock/clear the whole time - at the same time, it seems done so frequently that it almost feels like bait for an aggressive tunnel. Either super green, or a really well played meta-game for a red.
            Ohhh good points I will respond when I get back to my computer, for once I have all the answers.

            And if it's that annoying I'll stop being so LOCK CLEAR, it's more of an obnoxious thing from 2+2 but I'm welcome to being tunnelled , I'm a villabro

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #171
              Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

              clarifying: I'm saying that your claims of lock/clear are a good bait for starting a train against you when you're a green - should be a bit more concise next time

              Comment

              • pokelda
                ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2006
                • 3878

                #172
                Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                whats lock clear

                Comment

                • j-rodd123
                  End of the road
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3692

                  #173
                  Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                  It's me

                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • danceflashrevo
                    scumfan is scared of aa
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 488

                    #174
                    Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                    Originally posted by j-rodd123
                    villabro
                    villa... bro? is that twg lingo for wolf?

                    Why are you here?

                    Comment

                    • j-rodd123
                      End of the road
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3692

                      #175
                      Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                      I'll at least say that I'm definitely not a fan for that seer cover. There isn't a lot of room for error with only six townies and a single seer. If you cause a seer to claim their actual role while falsifying your own, you run the risk of crippling the rest of the townies. Also:

                      What happens if your fake seer claim over someone you thought was green turned out to be red in the first place? Is this an irrelevant point because you have a solid green read on the j-rodd/blind hydra pairing? Legitimate question because this is definitely a bit more of an advanced strategy to me, heh.
                      Okay so seer cover does not always have to be so blatantly obvious like oh hey I peeked X player this alignment, but it needs to be clear that if you die at night and flip seer, people can read your posts and find the relevant peeks. I've suggested this in past games because no one does it here and seers don't play the role right at all imo, and this setup is where seer cover matters the most.

                      The only power role is the seer so obviously the wolves are trying to take out the seer. If a villager leaves cover and it turns out the peek is a wolf, the wolves SOMETIMES will kill this player and try to clear a wolf. However, it is extremely risky in this setup as the seer lives to another day and gets another peek. If not, it is good to take note of who people peek and see for example if a player was peeked several times by different people and none of the people who peeked them die.

                      People leave seer cover differently, I know some people who have a meta of NEVER leaving cover day 1 so when they rand seer the wolves will often not kill them and kill someone with a correct seer cover meaning an additional player is cleared the following day and the seer gets an additional peek.

                      I actually found an archived thing about seer cover when this player decided to post about it back in 2006 http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...fpart=all&vc=1 interesting but seer cover and stuff has indeed evolved.

                      Normally in this setup on FFR, no one would leave seer cover, the wolves would be shooting in the dark for the seer, no one would become clear from the night kill, and it would be very crapshooty. Also if they do hit the seer at night and the seer hadn't had a chance to claim, noplayer is clear and no one knows who the seer peeked.

                      Originally posted by FictionJunction
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #176
                        Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                        Originally posted by blindreper1179
                        It's the hate we have for each other. <3

                        I will forever play wolfy to him, not much we can do there. Same for me to him as well unfortunately. Makes my read on him iffy. DX so far, funny isn't looking good to me, playing like Xel with the gifs, and Sun is looking good because he's playing like usual when I've played with him and he's been human every time except last game. Everyone else, I need more time!
                        yo last game was one of my most human games ever =(
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #177
                          Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                          Originally posted by samurai7694
                          I'm just riding things out and hoping I don't disgrace my vet bro who seems to be offline right now. I'll also shamelessly say that I joined because of the popcorn-and-bonfire-worthy drama I read from the other game.

                          I guess there's no limit to how frequent we can post?
                          yo I'm probably gonna disgrace you don't worry

                          its like a father/son relationship... its our job to embarrass the other one
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #178
                            Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Actually, I lied, I'll share now and see responses when I drive home through rush hour.

                            So okay, V's post.



                            This has been bugging me for hours now. Why has no one else even mention this post (except for j-rodd?)
                            why do you always point out people softing roles? I told you during like 104 that it was a bad idea and you still keep doing it rofl
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #179
                              Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                              @ blind and gradient
                              on DM there's someone who for the past 5 months has always read me as mafia for my tone (I'm pretty monotonous) and he read me as town for the first time when we were both town not too long ago and I cried tears of happiness.

                              Both of you should probably get over your dislike of one another. You don't have to like the other players, but don't let it change the game. If you're always going to tunnel on each other, then you're always going to play like shit.
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • pokelda
                                ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 3878

                                #180
                                Re: jTWG LXVI: Battle Hydras!

                                the next person who posts a twitch icon unironically is going to get my vote i hope xiz understands

                                Comment

                                Working...