TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarioNintendo
    Expect delays.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Mar 2008
    • 4181

    #1966
    Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

    Originally posted by drizzleRomanceGirl
    the next time i play i really shouldn't sign up unless i plan to spend at least 3-5 hours every day reading everyone's posts and analyzing everyone

    so i haven't spent enough time on this game
    I'm starting to realize that most of your posts during this game are bad because it's just you thinking out loud without organizing your thoughts. I mean, sure, make that mental note if you want, but it doesn't help me to make my vote.
    Long live the arcade!

    Comment

    • MarioNintendo
      Expect delays.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Mar 2008
      • 4181

      #1967
      Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

      Just realized one thing out of the blue:
      The fact that I claimed hyper beam pretty much guarantees I'll get eaten by wolves tonight, for the sole reason that by getting my they're sure not to target the mirror coat.

      I'll do my best to be useful during the day.
      Long live the arcade!

      Comment

      • MarioNintendo
        Expect delays.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Mar 2008
        • 4181

        #1968
        Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

        *by getting me
        Long live the arcade!

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #1969
          Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

          Originally posted by MarioNintendo
          Just realized one thing out of the blue:
          The fact that I claimed hyper beam pretty much guarantees I'll get eaten by wolves tonight, for the sole reason that by getting my they're sure not to target the mirror coat.

          I'll do my best to be useful during the day.
          this is gonna sound scummy

          but fuck it






























          you could be the last vote if I'm not here / we can't pressure other top scum to vote

          Comment

          • XelNya
            [Kaho]
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 3369

            #1970
            Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

            Originally posted by XelNya
            this is gonna sound scummy

            but fuck it






























            you could be the last vote if I'm not here / we can't pressure other top scum to vote
            like not saying this is a good idea, but it's there

            Comment

            • MarioNintendo
              Expect delays.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Mar 2008
              • 4181

              #1971
              Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

              Let's explore the possibilities:

              1) drg is takedown
              --- 1.a) I vote last --> I die right away, wolves gamble their target, might get mirrorcoat
              --- 1.b) Xel (or other scumread) votes last --> Potentially get 2 wolves at once. I die during the night, no potential mirrorcoat

              2) drg is NOT takedown
              --- 2.a) I vote last --> I don't die with her, but get eaten by wolves. No mirrorcoat.
              --- 2.b) Xel (or other scumread) votes last --> I get eaten by wolves, no mirrorcoat.


              Basically, good things happen only if drg is the takedown. This makes me want to believe she is it, but I can't let that bias me. If she's not takedown, no strategy can change my fate.
              Long live the arcade!

              Comment

              • MarioNintendo
                Expect delays.
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Mar 2008
                • 4181

                #1972
                Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                There are 8 towns and 3 wolves left.
                If drizzle is takedown and I votes for her last, we'd both die, so there would be 7 towns and 2 wolves left. Wolves would have 1/7=14.2% chances of hitting the mirrorcoat.

                If drizzle is takedown and a scumread votes for her last, drg would die (=> 8 towns and 2 wolves left), the probability of the scumread to flip wolf is 2/(2+8)=20%.
                (My probability of dying that night is 100%)

                Probability wise, 2.b) is our best option to find as many wolves as possible.
                Long live the arcade!

                Comment

                • MarioNintendo
                  Expect delays.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 4181

                  #1973
                  Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                  You may now call me lurker, master of probabilities
                  Long live the arcade!

                  Comment

                  • MarioNintendo
                    Expect delays.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 4181

                    #1974
                    Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                    whoa I meant 1.b) is our best option. woops
                    Long live the arcade!

                    Comment

                    • MarioNintendo
                      Expect delays.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 4181

                      #1975
                      Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                      Also, I think that since wolves are voting independently, they would each have 14.2% chances of hitting the mirrorcoat if we went with option 1.a) (except for the confusionist, who would survive). This makes 1.a) just a bit better than I initially thought.

                      Opinions?
                      Long live the arcade!

                      Comment

                      • MarioNintendo
                        Expect delays.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 4181

                        #1976
                        Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by MarioNintendo
                        Third target--> Mellonxcollie
                        Bet you didn't expect that one. Now this is a bit of a stretch, since I can't prove it, but TPS222 made a post after his replacement for mellon where he pretty much said that he had trouble during this game because out-of-thread talk was not allowed. His post also ended with a ":/" face, in case that helps anyone remember. Was I the only one to see that? Nobody else quoted it, and during that period I was in hiding (my last post before this one was #1211, and his was around ~#1300). There's no reason for him to post something like that if he's not a wolf, since they're the only role who can potentially talk out of threads. I don't know if he deleted it himself after realizing how huge that slip was, but it's not there anymore. He had no right to post that since he was already replaced, but hey, I saw it, and you bet I won't let it slip that easily. Mellon's posting has been great so far, and if she's truly a wolf, I would have been 100% fooled. However, since she inherited TPS's role, she also inherits his mistakes, and so this creates a huuuuuuuge doubt in my mind at this point. I literally feel bad for mellon at this point, but as I've said, I think TPS's post was in fact a gigantic slip that he deleted himself upon realization, and this has to be discussed at the very least.
                        Also, I just wanted to remind everyone about this. Aside from dbp who started studying mellon in more detail, I think nobody commented on this. That's important. So far, nobody scumread mellon, and since I'm a goner tonight, I want to make sure this avenue gets fully explored.

                        - I really want to lynch DRG because her playstyle has been terrible from the beginning, but I have to admit that the more I think about it, the more I'm unsure how to read her.
                        - I dislike botchi, but I have nothing concrete.
                        - I find Xel weird since D2

                        Come to think of it, mellon is the one against whom I have the most crucial evidence. I might have been the only one to see that evidence, I don't know yet.

                        I know I just said that I'd stick to voting drg, but screw it. Let's give mellon a shot.
                        Long live the arcade!

                        Comment

                        • Red Blaster
                          Bridge Burner
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 2040

                          #1977
                          Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          Red Blaster is a wolf
                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          that thing I mentioned about keeping your top wolf reads as one wolf and one town

                          red blaster literally was doing that
                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          dear god I just read Red Blaster's post history

                          I encourage you all to do the same

                          he's howling
                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          more details tomorrow probably

                          is he a better lynch than drizzle? I'm not sure

                          but I would harbor a guess that his humanity is tied to drizzle's somehow, so she might be a better lynch (if she's town, RB looks like shit)
                          Originally posted by MarioNintendo
                          Look, drg, I don't think you'll survive this day. At this point, my vote won't change. So let's make a deal.

                          There's always the possibility that you flip town and that I read you completely wrong. If that's the case, I'll need to know who you read as wolf, AND WHY. Please, before you get killed, make a list that is NOT a waste of time that contains all your reads. At least we'll get something useful out of this.


                          Yeah explain to me in what world do I kill, or even allow a kill to go through, on roundbox, the one person who was town reading me the most. Here's a clue: I don't. You and your fuckboy wolf partner Xiz probably fucking killed him because with him alive the red blaster wagon will gain absolutely zero fucking traction ever.

                          You're fucking bad and probably actually more likely to be one of the wolves at this point in time than I will ever be and I will now do my absolute best to get you fucking lynched today you stupid fucking moron.

                          you dun goofed motherfucker
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                          Originally posted by choof
                          hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                          what's a milky christmas :O

                          Comment

                          • Red Blaster
                            Bridge Burner
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 2040

                            #1978
                            Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                            No clue why that MN quote was there..
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                            Originally posted by choof
                            hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                            what's a milky christmas :O

                            Comment

                            • Red Blaster
                              Bridge Burner
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 2040

                              #1979
                              Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              more details tomorrow probably

                              is he a better lynch than drizzle? I'm not sure

                              but I would harbor a guess that his humanity is tied to drizzle's somehow, so she might be a better lynch (if she's town, RB looks like shit)
                              Still pushing those D0 reads I see

                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              THIS JUST IN:

                              Drizzle is town, RB is wolf
                              Sick progression
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                              Originally posted by choof
                              hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              what's a milky christmas :O

                              Comment

                              • Red Blaster
                                Bridge Burner
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 2040

                                #1980
                                Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                                Don't really like DBP's posts about TPS who keep in mind had one post (the post about mechanics in D0)
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                TPS is pretty lock town in my eyes
                                Lock town after one post that I completely destroyed him for being 100% a wolf based off of meta..ok.

                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                do you think he's posturing here danceguy?
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                ^^ posturing isn't really the right word, but I'm wondering if you think wolf TPS is faking giving gameplay advice in his first line of the game
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                or if it's just a stupid read to make altogether
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                or if I'm just stupid period
                                Let's go with that last one.


                                His storn posts are kinda interesting to read in hindsight
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                It smells like storn is wolfing
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                storn's a wolf this game

                                He's had 48 hours to prove himself but he hasn't projected his town tell

                                Storn has had ample time to produce reads and at least form opinions but we have had absolutely none of that: almost every single one of his posts has been either joking or purely self-defensive. There is exactly one post in his history where he exerts any cognitive effort towards actually solving the game, and that is his weak push on danceguy:

                                "It's bad reasoning, but I'm not good at this game!" alone may or may not be a wolf tell, but this mindset usually doesn't appear in storn's play, or at the very least, he abjectly ignores the opinion of "I'm bad at this game" and keeps pushing strongly anyway.

                                imo this is classic storn wolf behavior --- I pointed out he was a wolf earlier, but gave him enough time to go out of his way to produce content, but we have almost nothing to work with, besides that danceguy vote. In fact, if storn is a wolf, I would say that almost necessarily implicates danceguy too.
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                The mindset "I'm not good at this game" is, in this situation, used as a defense mechanism to dismiss scrutiny towards his wolfy behavior.
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                Since you're viewing storn, sorry, but imo this is pretty damning
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                Nothing that has happened so far has changed my mind on storn


                                His early game Drizzle posts make almost zero sense
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                storn and drizzle are wolves based on the possible deflection, storn should always die first
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                I'm actually a little uneasy about how many ppl are going after drizzle atm
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                Like if you believe what I'm saying here, lynching drizzle first doesn't make that much sense
                                This train of thought honestly doesn't even line up with itself.


                                His posts about MarioNintendo are really something else
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                I'd be down to lynch MarioNintendo I think
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                my intuition is that he's been really diplomatic this game but I'll need to reread his stuff
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                could MarioNintendo even fake a dumbtell like that???
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                damnit I think MN is town
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                NEVERMIND

                                marionintendo
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                I had him as wolf, but only thought he might be town because he only thought there were three wolves. But that was wrong ---- so I'm back at him being a wolf.
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                the dumbtell I thought was there didn't exist according to himself, so I revoked the townread
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                alright I don't know
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                MN isn't here to defend himself
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                yeah he's probably not a good candidate for today actually


                                This is as far as I had time to get, I'll do more later when I get home from work.
                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                                Originally posted by choof
                                hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                                what's a milky christmas :O

                                Comment

                                Working...