TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #1021
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    Originally posted by mellonxcollie
    Go ahead and seer me if you want to!
    A green should not want to be seered, as it would mean us missing a chance to catch a wolf. A wolf doesn't want to be seered either, but I could see them thinking it would be a good idea to bluff about being OK with it.

    The only player in this situation who would REALLY be OK with being seered is the master wolf.

    I don't know why so many of you have said something to the effect of "Yeah, totally seer me!"

    Originally posted by Tokzic
    are you seriously suggesting that the best usage of the seering is on someone who is not the most likely remaining red
    If someone is "the most likely remaining wolf", then that person should be the lynch target during the next day. Period. Don't need no confirmation of them being red to kill them. If they're so sure to be "the most likely remaining wolf", then seering them is a waste.

    This post reads like genuine fear that your status thus far as "wow so townie much human" might ironically get you seered, and it doesn't quite feel like the sort of fear a green would have of merely having a seering chance wasted on them.

    Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
    I'm not exactly sure how to play seer, can you guys explain it to me again?
    You basically got yourself lynched on day 1.

    Yeah, you're great at playing seer.

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #1022
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      Afro you're like the most annoying fucking player to ever play this game.

      Get off my nuts.
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #1023
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        no u

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #1024
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          A note, left by the side of my bed:

          Dear town, If you're reading this it's because I fear for my life. There has been gnawing at my door for days.

          I have a confession to make, I never seered Xiz.

          I seered Tokzic night 1, who came back green
          I was blocked Night 2
          I seered Melon night 2 who also came back green.

          The only players I have reservations about at this point are YMIA and Funny in that order.

          Hopefully the wolves don't get in and this message is for nothing, but a seer can never be too safe.
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #1025
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            seered mellon night 3*

            ?

            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #1026
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              eh yes
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • Funnygurl555
                T-Force's Rival
                • Dec 2010
                • 1865

                #1027
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                I seered Melon night 2 who also came back green.
                At least I'm right about something, eh...

                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                The only players I have reservations about at this point are YMIA and Funny in that order.
                fine mr manti. FINE. We'll see end game =(
                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                is funny eaman?
                Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                GET DUNKED FUNNY
                (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #1028
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Nice to see TPS is punctual as usual
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #1029
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    ...

                    You're dumb, manti.

                    You could have had Xiz saved that day without blatantly lying. As I recall, he wasn't even in THAT MUCH danger when you revealed him as having been seered. All you'd need to do is say, "I think we should let Xiz off the hook and focus on _______ instead" and things would have played out pretty much exactly as they had. I guess maybe you were hoping the wolves kill him at night to confirm it, but did you really think they were going to? Aside from the fact that the kills have been a little wonky all game, you have to have realized that the guardian being an X factor would make it a big risk to go after someone revealed to have been seered green.

                    My point is: just because you CAN lie doesn't mean you SHOULD. What did your lie achieve here? A false sense of comfort and accomplishment, like we did something necessarily good by saving the green. Hell, what did your lie about Guest achieve? We lynched him, but it's damn clear that we would have lynched him anyway. Even before that day, it was pretty clear that he was almost definitely going to be on the chopping block soon. And I know that I definitely didn't see any conclusive tells in the reaction to guest being claimed as seered red, aside from Guest's own reaction, I guess.

                    For the record, I'd still expect Xiz to be green, even knowing he wasn't seered, I'm just mad about being needlessly lied to about it.

                    Comment

                    • thesunfan
                      Role Tide
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • May 2011
                      • 10859

                      #1030
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Afro actually took the words right out of my mouth...
                      won't regurgitate what he said.






                      *At this point, I realized it was still nighttime*... oops
                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                      Originally posted by star-crossed
                      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #1031
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        dont quite understand why you guys feel SO BETRAYED. seems like a calculated risk to draw reactions and direct the course of the game with a smallish chance of dying before getting the real info out. who cares?

                        can't really criticize a play if humans win. we'll see come postgame.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #1032
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #1033
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            I mean, I'm not calling Manti dumb over this, but I don't really understand why he needed to lie there; that's all. Perhaps it is I that is dumb, w/e. Its done, I'm not gonna say anything more about it.
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #1034
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              The point was to try and get Xiz killed because I was unsure if he was a human or a wolf at that point.

                              The fact that he lived maybe 2 nights now as a confirmed human is worrysome. The wolves need to be whittling down the number of confirmed humans at this avenue of the game in order to keep a wolf about them to hide in.

                              It's going to be day 4 in a little bit and as it currently stands we have 2 seered humans and an outed seer.

                              This leaves a 7 player pool for the remaining 2 wolves to hide in. What I was trying to do night 2-3 was to direct the wolf kill onto someone I wasn't sure about and wanted dead at that point in the game.
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • yo man im awesome
                                soleil ardent
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2007
                                • 6514

                                #1035
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                                The point was to try and get Xiz killed because I was unsure if he was a human or a wolf at that point.

                                The fact that he lived maybe 2 nights now as a confirmed human is worrysome. The wolves need to be whittling down the number of confirmed humans at this avenue of the game in order to keep a wolf about them to hide in.

                                It's going to be day 4 in a little bit and as it currently stands we have 2 seered humans and an outed seer.

                                This leaves a 7 player pool for the remaining 2 wolves to hide in. What I was trying to do night 2-3 was to direct the wolf kill onto someone I wasn't sure about and wanted dead at that point in the game.
                                This is an interesting point. The wolves have made some really weird kills this game. Like you said, two confirmed humans and a seer just doesn't seem right for the wolves to just leave out in the open like that. They're leaving themselves with very little options, or they know the MW has been seered green at this point, and that's also worrysome, assuming Guest wasn't the MW of course. From what I've seen, it looks like the wolves have focused more on the inactive/UTR players, which is the complete and utter opposite of what they normally do. Like, I would expect wolves to try and stifle discussion as opposed to try and force more discussion.

                                With that point, I think with Danceguy consistently bumping the thread when it gets inactive makes him a suspect here, since he's been trying to generate discussion, and that seems to be the wolf motif this game. Would consider seering them next night.

                                We can't forget about Funnygirl, who's been on most people's suspicious list for a while now. I would focus discussion on her if not Danceguy. Wouldn't waste a seer though, because I still like the idea of seering hard reads.

                                Xelnya has been completely absent, and was last seen making some shit post about his balls. What could be happening here, other than just lack of time/paying attention, is Xelnya using some twisted form of reverse psychology by killing all the other UTR's leaving him, leading us to believe that he's just another night kill UTR target, not a wolf.

                                I'd look at these people more than i would others right now.

                                Originally posted by choof
                                you double dad loving dipshit
                                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                                dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                                Originally posted by smartdude1212
                                I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                                Comment

                                Working...