TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #106
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    arfo's style cracks me up sometimes.

    it's always like OK ARFO WE GET IT
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #107
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      9% ARFO, 9%

      come on
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #108
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        Originally posted by Syhto
        but i really have come to the conclusion that I shouldn't ever disagree with your game strategy or things will be twisted around on me to make it seem as though I am a wolf
        huh

        Have I twisted words around to make manti seem as though he is a wolf?

        Oh, right. I did. With a wink.

        Y'all need to lighten up a little. But seriously, I only twist words to make a person seem like a wolf when they are one anyway.

        8)

        Comment

        • Syhto
          BuMP it
          • Mar 2006
          • 2466

          #109
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Have I twisted words around to make manti seem as though he is a wolf?

          Oh, right. I did. With a wink.
          and it was dreadful
          Originally posted by ~jrodd
          keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
          Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
          I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #110
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            The seer should come out to someone at some point.
            WHY?

            What is there to gain for the humans if the seer risks himself like that? Where is the ADVANTAGE? You're talking in givens without justifications. WHY should the seer HAVE TO come out? WHAT does he have to gain other than revealing if he catches a red?

            And like I said, I won't trust a report of a seered red unless it's reported publicly (although a seer'd green could fill this role if the seer feels it's worth the risk of his life to get this wolf dead) and no one contends it. As it gets later into the game, I'm less likely to even accept that as the seer could be killed and a crafty wolf could play a fake out.

            All in all, it's up to the seer to decide. If he feels the risk is worth the benefit when he hasn't even yet caught a red, that's up to him. I'm just trying to persuade him away from giving himself away to the MW before he is even able to do anything useful for the team.
            the seer is of no use to us if he's dead.
            The idea is that he'd hopefully be able to fulfill his goal before he's killed. Hopefully he can see a red or two and help to get that person or people killed. If he dies before hitting any reds or successfully lynching, his list isn't necessary any useful anyway.

            I just don't get you people. You're so entrenched in alliance-based play that you can't wrap your minds around a game which is PURPOSELY DESIGNED to make them NOT FUNCTIONALLY USEFUL. This simple design makes it impossible to go with the typical pick-'em-off-one-by-one design that EVERY OTHER GAME EVER works on. Why are you so wishful that a team of blues will win the game for you even in this sort of game that is supposed to be green-driven, discussion-driven, based on logic and deduction?

            Comment

            • FictionJunction
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 3843

              #111
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              who said anything about a team of blues?
              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              wow

              Comment

              • FictionJunction
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 3843

                #112
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                and you said it yourself, a green could fulfill that role but it would be less believable the further we've delved into the game.

                It's all very circumstantial but it wouldn't hurt to have someone know the seer's information come the case he falls prey to a wolf's crafty scheme.
                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                wow

                Comment

                • FictionJunction
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3843

                  #113
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  it'd be sad to see useful information die with the seer. That's pretty much it.

                  don't let the possibility of a seered MW blind you from the potential benefits of a small gamble. That's half the game anyway.
                  Originally posted by j-rodd123
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • Afrombean
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 285

                    #114
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    Afrobean here. Apologies on the alt. Don't have access to password on this computer.

                    Originally posted by FictionJunction
                    who said anything about a team of blues?
                    Manti. The original idea was to get the seer to come to his night 1 seering and get the seer in touch with the psychic. Sacrifice the n1 seering to the wolves to build a two-man 100% alliance of blues.

                    That was the original thing I was arguing against because it offered no strong advantage but a risk of losing both of them to the wolves. It then mutated into the less unreasonable "seer needs to be able to reveal if he catches a red". And now you're arguing seer should risk himself before even catching a wolf. What?

                    Originally posted by FictionJunction
                    It's all very circumstantial but it wouldn't hurt to have someone know the seer's information come the case he falls prey to a wolf's crafty scheme.
                    It's unnecessary risk if the seer hasn't yet found anything worth passing along. The only thing worth passing along is seer'd reds since that's the only information which is 100% that he should be willing to pass along to a potential MW.

                    If the seer has yet to hit a wolf, he takes unnecessary risk by coming out to anyone right now. It's risk with basically no gain.

                    Originally posted by FictionJunction
                    it'd be sad to see useful information die with the seer. That's pretty much it.
                    If he hasn't caught even 1 red, he has no useful information.

                    That's half the game anyway.
                    Not the half I play. I use logic and reason and intuition. Random chance doesn't really enter for me, even in the cases when random chance could actually net better results (like d1 lynch).

                    Comment

                    • FictionJunction
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3843

                      #115
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      look, arfo, if the seer has some intuition and half a brain he could get a rather strong green mason group. Even two greens who know of each other through the mutual trust of the seer and his intuition can deeply affect the outcome of any decision.

                      It sounds like you'd ignore green results simply because they weren't red or blue.

                      I just find it ironic that you keep lecturing us on 'logic, reason, and intuition' when, though not necessarily the 'next logical step,' the seer could reason and use his intuition to see whether or not he trusts the greens he's seered. Claiming that green results are a waste and not worth delving into is ignorant.

                      oh no, this might take a little effort and just may involve a little risk.. guess I should steer clear and not reap the benefits.

                      It's up to the seer but I wouldn't want him to ignore that possibility.
                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • Makilaz
                        TWG Princess
                        • May 2006
                        • 1094

                        #116
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        Day ends in one hour. Here's the current voting chart, at least to my sleep deprived knowledge. Correct me if it's wrong.

                        AC1
                        - 5 - Afrobean, Syhto, Manti, A2P, FictionJunction

                        Gun92 - 1 - AC1

                        Afro - 1 - tupacodaman (bolth)

                        Syhto - 1 - Gun92

                        Ruritsu - 1 - Panda Express

                        a2p - 1 - clarinet89

                        tupacodaman - 1 - sc979

                        still to vote: u84, emerald, sully, Viccica

                        Comment

                        • FictionJunction
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3843

                          #117
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          I change my vote to makilaz
                          Originally posted by j-rodd123
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • FictionJunction
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3843

                            #118
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            I'm just kidding, then we'd all lose.
                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • emerald000
                              the Mathemagician~
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 1320

                              #119
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              AC1.

                              Comment

                              • Panda Express
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 59

                                #120
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                I'm normally good about reading so much to be informed, but Afro is going to make my ADHD resurface at this rate x.x

                                After reading everyone's styles though, I think it'd be best for Seer to keep their head down, and hope to make it to two seerings. Heres my thinking:

                                Assuming they make it through two nights, they now have two reports on two people. If seer gets 2 green, Seer comes out to both, informing each green of the other green they've seered. Worst case scenerio: If Seer is found eated the next day, green comes out and we nail the MW. 1-1 trade, its not Ideal but its better than our seer getting wolfed before coming out to anyone.

                                If Seer finds psychic, they come out only to the psychic and begin a systematic seering. Easy enough as they no longer need to come out to any greens (Possible MW).

                                And if Seer, by some amazing odds, finds two reds both nights, then I'd definitely trade 2-for-1 right there. Taking any other chances would be rolling the dice and hoping the seer doesn't get whacked before revealing this info.
                                Putting the -laugh- back into Manslaughter.

                                Comment

                                Working...