TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viccica
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2009
    • 702

    #76
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    Also, fic. Maki can't get wolfed. He's the host you silly goose. :3
    Dear sirs,
    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

    Sincerely,

    Your Client
    Eco Friendly
    ♥~Chu

    Comment

    • AC1speakerbox
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2006
      • 1242

      #77
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      I also thought night votes counted.
      Maybe they do, but I'll put on another one so there's no doubt.

      Gun

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #78
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        Originally posted by Viccica
        Blues are seered blue... that's just kinda how it's been.

        Also, I am a wolf with AC1.

        ps AC1 is the MW, so he should be seered right away!
        That's cool.

        And silly me, I had been thinking fiction was probably human because of that slip up in his previous post and was an honest mistake, but your calling attention to it makes me feel like he may well be a wolf with you two as well. That is to say, he made the mistake on purpose, and instructed one of his partners to point it out later on to be sure he reaps the benefits of seeming like he doesn't know who the host is.



        Ok, so who wants to say something else and get me to name them as wolf #4?

        lol

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #79
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          Sorry guys i was pretty sick last night, so i didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone like i normally do. Massive headache FTL.

          I'll catch up on everything over the course of the day.
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • Syhto
            BuMP it
            • Mar 2006
            • 2466

            #80
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            ac1, I could pull all sorts of psychological study on you right now. Distancing language, overcompensating, etc...

            for 1) you have shown that you are clueless by not knowing simple rules of the game. This is only my second game, and I obviously have a clearer understanding of the rules, the game just started and you're confused

            2) i don't see how anything that happened here was overthinking. Afro did nothing but give a couple reasons as to why he's voting for you over anyone else. it wasn't as though he put the statements out there as fact, and was SUREFIRE you are indeed a wolf. dismissing what he said, saying it's overthinking is incorrect on your part as to how to plead your case.

            3) you are being unneededly defensive, aka overcompensating. youre trying too hard to prove your innocence, and are talking in circles. need I remind you it's day1??? (yeah that was a stab at your d1 logic)


            notwithstanding, even if you are not a wolf this faulty logic and playing so early in the game leads me to believe that you're a good choice for a day 1 lynch. I'm not saying you're for sure a wolf, but jesus man learn how to look less guilty

            ac1speakerbox
            Originally posted by ~jrodd
            keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
            Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
            I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

            Comment

            • Ruritsu
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2008
              • 479

              #81
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Incidentally, I'd also like to vote for AC1speakerbox. Reasons: his rampant cluelessness (see my first post in this triple stack) rubbed me the wrong way, and his invitation to Fiction to open up about discussion on the clearly meaningless wolf kill felt off. It felt almost like the wolves purposely made a "nonsense" kill hoping it would get us talking about THAT rather than the wolves, then when Fiction brought up how strange of a kill it seemed, rather than letting it die, AC1speakerbox immediately responded with "Penny for your thoughts, thee who ist surprised by the newly deceased BDN?" And it might just be me but this jokey writing style also seems a bit out of character for him.
              Actually, I spoke with people yesterday about that exact idea. That being that the kill was simply to incite bothersome discusion about it which in hand would cover their hides. Following that logic, I asked everyone I could what they had to say about the kill. Fic's post bothered me, but people who drew attention to Fic's post bothered me more. I'm not gonna jump gun, but those are people I'm looking at.

              Also, I'll be on AIM momentarily, so IM me if I don't IM you.
              =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

              Comment

              • DarkManticoreX2
                TWG Overlord
                • Apr 2005
                • 7355

                #82
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                I don't know what non-standard rules you play by, but usually, a human seer gets results in human or wolf, green or red (these colors are also non-standard, cooked up here to simplify role notation and it entered the common vernacular). Special human roles NORMALLY return stating merely that the player is human, making it ambiguous whether the player is a normal townsperson, a guardian or psychic or something, or the master wolf.
                Typically, if the host is having the seer get color results, the psychic will return blue. MW/humans green wolves red.

                If the host is having the seer get human/nonhuman results, then MW, Psychic, Humans will all come back with human results, and wolves will come back with non human results.

                Not a topic I want to go on and on about, but that's generally the way it goes. Hope that makes everything clear there.


                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I don't like how afro's so adamantly against my plan. You don't have to have the psychic come out to the human, but it shrinks the player pool that the seer has to look at. it also gives the psychic and seer a way to pincer the MW if by some unlucky chance the MW is seered. (seer gets killed Psychic goes wait wtf and lynches the MW the following day.) If the seer does just come out to a seered green alone, we loose the seer without catching the MW in the process

                The seer has to come out to someone at some point. he has a better chance coming out to a seered green (9% chance of wolf) then getting a nonseered person to come out for him (25% chance of wolf)

                If anyone's on message me. I have additional thoughts I'd like to go over, but don't want to post in the thread yet.
                AAA's = 800

                Originally posted by V
                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                Comment

                • Viccica
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 702

                  #83
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  I like how in both games anyone who disagrees with afro gets labled a wolf.

                  You're very quick to jump to conclusions and it's pretty stupid I think. :3


                  Reserving my vote until later on.
                  Dear sirs,
                  One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                  In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                  Sincerely,

                  Your Client
                  Eco Friendly
                  ♥~Chu

                  Comment

                  • Bolth mannn
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 2228

                    #84
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    i need a replacement...i think im over the whole of ffr as a whole. <--- that was wierd.

                    goodbye vote on afro

                    Comment

                    • FictionJunction
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3843

                      #85
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      I would have expressed my concerns in an entire post but I didn't want to seem to forward about it or express too much concern because it ultimately doesn't make a difference.

                      I expected someone to ask me what the hell I was talking about.
                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • FictionJunction
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3843

                        #86
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        also, protip: playing with arfo means you need to put up with his over-aggression. It's not personal. That's just arfo.
                        Originally posted by j-rodd123
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • AC1speakerbox
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 1242

                          #87
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          Originally posted by Bolth mannn
                          that was wierd.
                          very

                          Comment

                          • AC1speakerbox
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 1242

                            #88
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            Also yeah, that's just how he plays.

                            Just let afro be afro and don't look too much into it because I still think he's a human.

                            Comment

                            • A2P
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 3127

                              #89
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              Originally posted by Bolth mannn
                              i need a replacement...i think im over the whole of ffr as a whole. <--- that was wierd.

                              goodbye vote on afro
                              Goodbye vote?????????????????????

                              Anyone else find this odd?

                              Comment

                              • DarkManticoreX2
                                TWG Overlord
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 7355

                                #90
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                The fact that it's bolth_mann makes it less odd. So no not really.
                                AAA's = 800

                                Originally posted by V
                                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                                Comment

                                Working...