TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viccica
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2009
    • 702

    #301
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    Originally posted by afro
    I was mostly bull****ting in my previous post but when I hear

    Originally posted by ac
    If it seems like I'm trying to get out of a lynch, it's because I am.
    that just screams "wolf" to me. Bro, you're being way overly defensive in saying things like that. You weren't in much danger of actually being lynched, but after that little bit, I think I'll be sticking with you through the day.

    Seems to me like you've been doing a lot of what AC has been doing, afro. Not gonna lie.





    Also...


    Originally posted by afro
    tupac for being a person who wants to vote for me...
    ^For obvious reasons
    Originally posted by afro
    panda express seems like a better lynch target than afro to me!
    ^After panda voted on you.
    Originally posted by afro
    But honestly, I'd be voting for anyone at this point that I would think would help me not be killed.
    ^Again, obvious reasons.
    Originally posted by afro
    I'm relatively neutral to A2P, but still gonna have to go with him over panda regardless.
    ^After 2 people already voted on A2P.
    Originally posted by afro
    at first I was kind of relieved to see people flipflopping on (read: "off of") me, but now this is just ridiculous
    ^Attempt to seem human after -and only after- the lynch tilted in your favour.
    Originally posted by afro
    Guess I have to go back to A2P then.
    ^After a vote was cast on you.







    Originally posted by afro
    that just screams "wolf" to me
    Dear sirs,
    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

    Sincerely,

    Your Client
    Eco Friendly
    ♥~Chu

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #302
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      I guess my wording there was poor. It wasn't the act of voting to try to save himself from lynch, but rather his phrasing. It was indirect. He didn't say "I'm just trying to save myself", he said "if it looks like I'm trying to save myself, I am".

      But honestly, it was day 1. I think it's kind of silly to fault me for doing everything I could to attempt to justify a poorly justifiable vote.

      And also: no, I was never going to die yesterday. You have no idea.

      ps funny viccica that you wouldn't make ANY connection to the "do not vote carelessly tomorrow" thing until after I said it (although I had discussed the point with at least 1 or 2 others privately...). This leads me to believe you were hoping no one would notice, but since I called attention to it, you decided to explain it to look more human. This means there's probably 3 or 4 wolves right now (as that's probably what would be needed to make use of the instalynch instawin for wolves), I'd say, assuming of course that my convoluted justification of viccica being a wolf is accurate. I wouldn't be surprised to hear there are 3 or 4 wolves left even if viccica is human though. Our lynches so far have been pretty ****, and admittedly, that's largely my fault (lynches I led, then later regretted, and yesterday A2P biting it so I could save myself), but there's nothing we can do but press on and do our best to get things right from here on.

      Comment

      • Viccica
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2009
        • 702

        #303
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        Just because I didn't voice it in the thread doesn't mean I didn't already realize the situation. I discussed this with Panda as well outside of the thread. Nevermind the fact that was my first post for the phase, obviously I hadn't mentioned it previously.



        Seems like a week counteraccusation there, afro.
        Dear sirs,
        One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

        In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

        Sincerely,

        Your Client
        Eco Friendly
        ♥~Chu

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #304
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          Also, since you're not aware of the reason WHY someone voting to save themselves works regardless of role, I'll explain it using two examples.

          Person X is green. He is in a tie and it appears that he might be lynched. He thinks the other person is green, but the only way he'll be able to live is by voting for him. So what does he do? He chooses between himself and the other person who is more green. He knows his own role, but he has only guessed at the other persons, so he should always vote to save himself (unless the other person is blue, but it's unlikely he would be aware of this).

          For the second example, person X will be red. He is going to want to preserve himself to keep wolf numbers high, to help his team. But apart from this, wolves tend to do what greens do. He'd be able to vote for anyone to save himself in the same example even as a red, because that is what a green would do, and in doing what a green would do, he also does what a red would do.

          So all in all, voting for someone else to save one's self from a possible KiB (or flat-out lynch) can and will happen regardless of role. I was under the impression that everyone was aware of this and why it is, but apparently not. Viccica, if you didn't understand what I meant earlier regarding Ac1, you should have said so at the time, rather than picking it up later as an attempt to make me appear more suspicious. And honestly, I really hope you sent your kill choice for me tonight, because like yesterday, I won't be getting lynched today... unless some fool votes for me and four wolves come out of the woodwork to instawin.

          ps "I discussed this with Panda as well outside of the thread", yeah but he's a wolf too! Post the log at length, if you dare!

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #305
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            I see you two in the thread here... gonna post a log or what?

            Working on fabricating a snippet?

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #306
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              I see you two in the thread here... gonna post a log or what?

              Working on fabricating a snippet?
              Guess not. No log posted, not even a faked snippet.

              Come on, guys!

              Comment

              • Viccica
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2009
                • 702

                #307
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                I guess someone isn't aware of the lag between times when I close a window and when it says I've left the thread. In case you need a quick lesson on how that works, imagine someone walking away from AIM and idling after 15 minutes.



                Second, I can't produce a log, seeing as how I, y'know. Have school. Unless you can magically find a way to get a log from my home desktop to the ones in my school. If so, I'd be happy to oblige. But since there's no magical cyberspace land where that can happen without having a connection to my computer, get off it until I get home.


                Third, seems like another stupid accusation for which you have no base, like you've been doing this whole game. 'Oh, she threw someone's name in the mix. Let's spread the butter ever thinner and say that the person she mentioned is a wolf'. After all, anyone who questions the almighty afro has to be completely wrong and anyone they associate with is clearly a wolf.



                At the rate you're going, everyone but you is a wolf. How 'bout that!
                Dear sirs,
                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                Sincerely,

                Your Client
                Eco Friendly
                ♥~Chu

                Comment

                • Panda Express
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 59

                  #308
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  F***ing school computers kept blocking my attempts to post, so allow me to take ANOTHER crack at posting what I wanted to say.

                  Originally posted by Viccica
                  Even if you may think it's behind us, needless to say last lynch wasn't a unanimous decision. If I recall, it was almost your head on the chopping block instead of A2P's. So aside from you being bored/trying to take the pressure off of you, what reason do you have for not addressing past issues?
                  Its funny, because I was thinking the exact same thing. If you hadn't saved yourself with that vote (which is completely understandable), you'd be hanging from the closest tree right now.

                  And for the record, I was making a joke. I know the wolfing happens at the same time every night, regardless.

                  Jokes are not appreciated by the afro.
                  Putting the -laugh- back into Manslaughter.

                  Comment

                  • Viccica
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 702

                    #309
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    I can't be active enough to respond within the hour of the almighty afro posting..






                    i r bad player
                    Dear sirs,
                    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                    Sincerely,

                    Your Client
                    Eco Friendly
                    ♥~Chu

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #310
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      Originally posted by Viccica
                      At the rate you're going, everyone but you is a wolf. How 'bout that!
                      Yeah, I was just joking with manti about that.

                      But seriously, considering you're posting and viewing a message board, I don't think it's out of line for me to guess that you're not at school. Because these are things you shouldn't be doing at school. And since I'm not in school, the first conclusion I am going to draw when I see someone on a message board at that time is that they also are not in school.

                      Apologies for not noticing your age though. If I had seen that, I would have been able to connect the dots.

                      ps panda, I swear to god, if you try to lynch me tomorrow and hand the game over to the wolves, I am going to be ****ing PISSED.

                      Comment

                      • Viccica
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 702

                        #311
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        Well please allow me to clarify for you....

                        I'm at school. :3



                        My mother closed on her house yesterday and just got the keys so we'll be over there cleaning tonight. If I do end up being able to post the log it won't likely be sometime before tomorrow morning.




                        Of course, I could get wolfed by (pulling an afro moment) afro and his wolf buddies.

                        BUT THEN AGAIN

                        He could not wolf me to prove he has no vendetta against me.

                        BUT HEY YOU NEVER KNOW

                        That could be what you want me to think.




                        I have come to the conclusion that you all are wolves and just trying to trick me.
                        Dear sirs,
                        One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                        In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                        Sincerely,

                        Your Client
                        Eco Friendly
                        ♥~Chu

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #312
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          dont even bother posting a log later

                          With that much time passed, it could easily be entirely fabricated (convenient, eh?), even at long length. Posting it at that point wouldn't really be of any worth.

                          Comment

                          • Panda Express
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 59

                            #313
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            Going to make an accusation that makes more sense than Afro's.



                            Obviously, Afro is guard. Wolf him!
                            Putting the -laugh- back into Manslaughter.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #314
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              Originally posted by Panda Express
                              Going to make an accusation that makes more sense than Afro's.

                              Obviously, Afro is guard. Wolf him!
                              Nice try!

                              But I guarded myself last night.

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #315
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                Fine. Apparently real life doesn't hold precedent over a game.

                                Get it off of Panda. I'm not going to change my entire day because you like to suffer from horrible impatience.
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...