TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #61
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    Had makilaz, clarinet or emerald died then I wouldn't really be feeling like this. They're all good players but are rarely seen killed n1. But now that arfo set the precedent for possible non-vet/poor player n1 wolf kills by mentioning the obvious, it bothers me that BDN was killed over them.
    I would like to correct myself. This is what I meant when I was rambling a few minutes ago. It doesn't make much sense in the original post so I reworded it.
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • A2P
      FFR Veteran
      • Apr 2009
      • 3127

      #62
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      so far u84 and sully has been pretty inactive

      im just throwing that out there

      Comment

      • A2P
        FFR Veteran
        • Apr 2009
        • 3127

        #63
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        *have been

        Comment

        • Ruritsu
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2008
          • 479

          #64
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          I've spoken to U84. However, I cannot speak for Sully.
          =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

          Comment

          • clarinet89
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2008
            • 899

            #65
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            Ok so let's think about this. What can we learn about the wolves' characters by how they acted? How can we eliminate or highlight suspects based on ALL of our information? We need to start talking so we can make an informed vote.

            If we're going to win, we're going to need activity and discussion from everyone. I know this has been said before, but I think it warrants a reiteration. So get on AIM and talk. Add your input to the thread. The more information we have, the better.

            Questionable Content

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #66
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              Originally posted by AC1speakerbox
              Did this actually need clarification? Wow.
              I don't know what non-standard rules you play by, but usually, a human seer gets results in human or wolf, green or red (these colors are also non-standard, cooked up here to simplify role notation and it entered the common vernacular). Special human roles NORMALLY return stating merely that the player is human, making it ambiguous whether the player is a normal townsperson, a guardian or psychic or something, or the master wolf.

              Originally posted by AC1speakerbox
              After thinking about it more, shouldn't that be the scenario in ANY game where there's a mw? I mean really, just because guardians may be included in other games doesn't mean that a mw will screw over an alliance any less than if there wasn't one. (I hope that made sense.)
              No, because as the seer comes out, they get in touch with the guardian, and if the first night seer target is MW, the wolves cannot act on their knowledge of who the seer is (because the guardian would protect the seer). In this game, not only can they act on it, but they'd be able to take both the seer and the psychic out without ANYONE ELSE noticing what happened.

              See, edubro? This is why the obvious needs to be stated. I don't appreciate your implications that me stating the obvious is a bad thing.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #67
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                Originally posted by clarinet89
                Ok so let's think about this. What can we learn about the wolves' characters by how they acted?
                All we know of how they act is their kills.

                Kills are almost always useless at identifying who the wolves are.

                You're looking at it backwards. You don't look at wolf action and pick based on that, you look at human action (i.e., the open discussion) and decide based on that.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #68
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  one more thing
                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  it feels as if that wouldn't have happened had we been saved the trouble of reading all of these comments and suggestions
                  It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't said what I had said?

                  I think this sort of kill is possibly the best for the humans. If what I said motivated the wolves to steer clear of me, you, manti, whoever else, that is a good thing. Frankly, you should be counting your lucky stars that you didn't get offed. And if they want to kill middle tier players while the seer looks at the lowest, that's just fine with me. You look at BDN dying as a sign that the wolves knew enough to take my mentioned tactic of leaving vets alive (ignoring the fact that they should have been able to think of it due to how obvious it is), but as I see it as a sign that my plan worked: my plan to ensure that the best of us [or those of us with the longest and best reputations] aren't killed off right away.

                  Incidentally, I'd also like to vote for AC1speakerbox. Reasons: his rampant cluelessness (see my first post in this triple stack) rubbed me the wrong way, and his invitation to Fiction to open up about discussion on the clearly meaningless wolf kill felt off. It felt almost like the wolves purposely made a "nonsense" kill hoping it would get us talking about THAT rather than the wolves, then when Fiction brought up how strange of a kill it seemed, rather than letting it die, AC1speakerbox immediately responded with "Penny for your thoughts, thee who ist surprised by the newly deceased BDN?" And it might just be me but this jokey writing style also seems a bit out of character for him.

                  Comment

                  • Syhto
                    BuMP it
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 2466

                    #69
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    I've spoken to Sully, it isn't uncommon for him to be less active in a game nowadays. I wouldn't say yet that he's good target material.

                    I agree afro, it is rather conspicuous. Right now, I'm leaning most towards voting for ac1. However I had a few things pop into my head upon BDN's death. Last game, he was able to live for much longer than he should have. It just seemed odd to me he would be wolfed night one, as though it were a change of pace. Just makes me a little more weary of certain people, who wanted him out for the entirety of the last game.
                    Originally posted by ~jrodd
                    keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                    Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                    I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                    Comment

                    • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                      nobody fiffers anymore.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 2440

                      #70
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      god ****ing dammit

                      don't tell me I'm turning into the next rzr
                      ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                      Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                      Comment

                      • AC1speakerbox
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 1242

                        #71
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        lol

                        At the moment, I don't think afro's a wolf at all, but I don't like the fact that he thinks I'm "clueless." Pretty insulting really.

                        I hate d1 overthinking. I'm actually going to keep my vote on Gun, assuming it is still valid even though it was originally a joke.

                        I vividly remember calling Gun out before, and he became angry with me very similarly to the way he did this game. As you might have guessed, he was a wolf in that game. I don't see why anyone would get even a bit upset with an obvious joke vote like that. Also, the usual trend with Gun is inactivity, but he's made quite a few thread appearances already-- very uncharacteristic for him. Again, d1 overthinking, but I think that should be enough for a vote.

                        If it seems like I'm trying to get out of a lynch, it's because I am. Why wouldn't I?
                        I know I'm a human, and I like winning. Very much so.
                        Under the assumption I'm a human who is extremely competitive, it would be dumb to not try and get out of a lynch.

                        Comment

                        • AC1speakerbox
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 1242

                          #72
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          One more thing, usually does a seer really return psychics as green???

                          This is very surprising news to me.

                          Comment

                          • AC1speakerbox
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 1242

                            #73
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            Triple post >_<

                            I assumed the word "alliance" meant the greens knew all of the blues.

                            This was extremely boneheaded of me. So yeah, my bad.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #74
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              I was mostly bull****ting in my previous post but when I hear
                              If it seems like I'm trying to get out of a lynch, it's because I am.
                              that just screams "wolf" to me. Bro, you're being way overly defensive in saying things like that. You weren't in much danger of actually being lynched, but after that little bit, I think I'll be sticking with you through the day.

                              That said, illegitimate votes made before the day started should not count for the day's vote. If you want to vote for gun, put in an actual vote.

                              ps yeah, I don't know if you guys have fallen into some wonky ruleset where a seer looking at a blue returns "blue" instead of "human", but that's not how it should be, particularly since it breaks the balance MW is supposed to add to the seer (not that MW is needed as balance when there's no guardian in the game, but whatever). And like I said, the color notation is non-standard as well. "Blues" aren't really non-human (green = human), they're special humans.

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #75
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                Blues are seered blue... that's just kinda how it's been.


                                I don't know if defending yourself really constitutes being wolfish. If he were sitting there taking it and not retaliating I'd be more suspicious, to be honest. He plays defensively. That's just how it is. I know plenty of you hate the 'that's just how he plays' rule, but it's true. And no offense AC, but you don't change your style up from game to game. Which isn't a bad thing. One day you might be a wolf and I might be wrong. =p

                                'I'll act wolfish to ensure I don't get accused' happens a lot less than people think. Ac isn't bad enough at the game to simply slip up and act wolfish unintentionally.

                                And being as how he's actively posting and such, he'd be more of a benefit for a next seer target as opposed to trying to lynch him. In my past experiences playing with him, he's not a bad choice to have playing with you and when it comes down to he makes good pinched decisions.
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...