TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #286
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    [01:31] Afrobean16: seemed like clarinet was like "oh looks like afro's not getting lynched anymore, and everyone else thinks he's human now, I better go with the flow to look like Im not out of the loop"
    [01:31] Afrobean16: in other words
    [01:31] Afrobean16: clarinet is probbly a wolf
    [01:31] Afrobean16: notice: clarinet is also willing to lynch manti
    [01:32] Afrobean16: so he goes from neutral, to wanting to lynch me, to wanting to lynch manti
    [01:32] Afrobean16: where was he yesterday when I was trying to get manti lynched?!
    [01:32] Afrobean16: same for a2p and sc979!

    Seems to me like the wolves want to lynch one of the two of us, and since it looks like I'm not going down now, they want to give it a go with Manti. You missed your chance, guys. If you had been on board yesterday, it could have happened, but not now.

    And it looks like I'm no longer in much danger somehow. So I'm going to vote for clarinet. Reason is above.

    Comment

    • sc979
      FFR Player
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 1644

      #287
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      I'm going to throw this out here. I really don't like how afro has changed his stance on manti.

      Code:
      Sam97379 (12:29:53 AM):	hey
      afrobean16 (12:30:06 AM):	oh hi there
      Sam97379 (12:30:14 AM):	do you still think manti is a wolf?
      afrobean16 (12:31:06 AM):	not sure how to respond to that
      afrobean16 (12:31:10 AM):	I feel like he still could be
      afrobean16 (12:31:16 AM):	but if he is, the game is already lost
      afrobean16 (12:31:27 AM):	so Ive chosen to play it with trust from here on
      Sam97379 (12:32:04 AM):	he tried to contact you through AIM earlier today, right?
      Sam97379 (12:32:11 AM):	could I see the log?
      afrobean16 (12:33:02 AM):	dont have it, not here at work
      afrobean16 (12:33:24 AM):	and frankly, I dont trust you enough anyway given the sorts of things we discussed
      Sam97379 (12:33:27 AM):	why would you say the game is already lost if manti's a wolf?
      afrobean16 (12:33:35 AM):	because he wont be lynched
      afrobean16 (12:33:46 AM):	the plebes wont allowit
      Sam97379 (12:34:58 AM):	I just don't like how you tried to get each other lynched last day phase and now both trust each other now
      afrobean16 (12:35:09 AM):	;)
      afrobean16 (12:35:13 AM):	lol
      afrobean16 (12:35:23 AM):	who said we both trust each other
      Sam97379 (12:35:42 AM):	I had also asked manti if he still thought you were a wolf
      Sam97379 (12:35:53 AM):	DarkManticoreX2 (11:44:09 PM): small chance, but after we talked i kinda doubt it
      afrobean16 (12:36:14 AM):	thats kind of also how I feel
      afrobean16 (12:36:24 AM):	but Ive chosen to play it as absolute trust
      Sam97379 (12:36:35 AM):	ok, so maybe you don't exactly completely trust each other, but you've both voted the same guy right now
      afrobean16 (12:36:40 AM):	because I figure if he is a wolf, this game is unwinnable at this point anyway
      afrobean16 (12:36:47 AM):	uh
      afrobean16 (12:36:52 AM):	I was on the chopping block bro
      afrobean16 (12:36:55 AM):	Id be voting for anyone
      afrobean16 (12:37:08 AM):	Im honestly not too keen on a2p getting lycnhed
      afrobean16 (12:37:21 AM):	prior to today I was pretty sure the guy was human
      Sam97379 (1:10:46 AM):	by the way, it seems clarinet will be willing to vote for manti, and I am willing to do it too
      afrobean16 (1:13:05 AM):	not gonna happen bro
      afrobean16 (1:13:22 AM):	even if I wanted to at this point, flipping back at manti would mean the death of me
      ...

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #288
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        Originally posted by sc979
        I'm going to throw this out here. I don't think people should be able to change their mind!
        Why do you feel that way? Why shouldn't I be able to change my mind?

        Comment

        • sc979
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 1644

          #289
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          The circumstances surrounding this particular change.

          Originally posted by afro
          I think manti might be a wolf, but I'm gonna trust him completely!
          ...

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #290
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            cry me a river, bro

            Yeah, that's kinda funny, huh, but what you gonna do, cry about it?

            Comment

            • sc979
              FFR Player
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 1644

              #291
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              I could do this.

              afro
              ...

              Comment

              • Gun92
                The Paragon of Perfection
                • Aug 2006
                • 4826

                #292
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                Whats the vote count?

                Comment

                • clarinet89
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 899

                  #293
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  [01:31] Afrobean16: seemed like clarinet was like "oh looks like afro's not getting lynched anymore, and everyone else thinks he's human now, I better go with the flow to look like Im not out of the loop"
                  [01:31] Afrobean16: in other words
                  [01:31] Afrobean16: clarinet is probbly a wolf
                  [01:31] Afrobean16: notice: clarinet is also willing to lynch manti
                  [01:32] Afrobean16: so he goes from neutral, to wanting to lynch me, to wanting to lynch manti
                  [01:32] Afrobean16: where was he yesterday when I was trying to get manti lynched?!
                  [01:32] Afrobean16: same for a2p and sc979!

                  Seems to me like the wolves want to lynch one of the two of us, and since it looks like I'm not going down now, they want to give it a go with Manti. You missed your chance, guys. If you had been on board yesterday, it could have happened, but not now.
                  This is not the case though. I decided it was time to stop being so wishy-washy and make a decision for once. After looking long and hard at pretty much everything, I came to the decisions I did. I was literally 50/50 about whether or not you were a wolf. I was telling people that I was thinking that you were a wolf, but after going through your posts and some conversations, I realized that I was failing to see that you look more human than wolf.

                  About the willing to lynch manti thing, I never even said that. All I said was that we need to make a decision about him. A lot of people that I've talked to told me that they think one of you is still a wolf. Sc said it to me last night.

                  Questionable Content

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #294
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    Originally posted by sc979
                    I could do this.

                    afro
                    Guess I have to go back to A2P then.

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #295
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      Originally posted by someone on aim
                      Read your reasons for voting Clari down, and if you really think the wolfs are off after you or manti, why not vote Sc, as shes the one that brought you back into the lynching range?
                      Because voting for sc979 wouldn't help me stay alive. If I vote for anyone but A2P, I'll be in a KiB., so my hand is forced even though I would much rather vote for someone else.

                      Comment

                      • sc979
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 1644

                        #296
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        Continuing with the second to last post I made, I ask afro why he trusts manti. He says that even if manti was a wolf, the game is lost, so he might as well. I ask him why he thinks the game is lost. He says because people don't have enough courage to put votes on manti.

                        I then tell him that that this is not true; there are people that might do it. Okay, so I sorta made up that clari was willing to vote manti, but it didn't seem like she was against it. My vote on manti earlier was to get a reaction. It looks like afro's now trying to defend manti. It doesn't add up.
                        ...

                        Comment

                        • Makilaz
                          TWG Princess
                          • May 2006
                          • 1094

                          #297
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          A2P - 4 - Manti, emerald, Clari, arfo

                          Afrobean - 3 - Viccica, PandaExpress, sc979

                          PandaExpress - 1 - u84

                          Emerald- 1 - Ruritsu

                          Manti - 1 - A2P

                          Phantoms are awarded to: Gun92

                          EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY GUN HAS BEEN KICKED OUT DUE TO PHANTOMS AND HAS BEEN REPLACED BY TRAVMAN301.

                          Also A2P was lynched. Sucks to be you, dude.

                          Night 4 begins now, ending in 24 hours. 10/23/09 (Fri) 2:00 PM EST

                          1. travman301 (rbennie362)
                          2. Ac1Speakerbox (Ac1Colossus)
                          3. Clarinet89 (clarinet898)
                          4. Afrobean (Afrobean16)
                          5. DarkManticoreX2 (DarkManticoreX2)
                          6. FictionJunction (FikshonJunkshon)
                          7. Syhto (amanetora)
                          8. A2P (awesome lamer)
                          9. Ruritsu (Ruritsu)
                          10. u84 (u8477)
                          11. sc979 (sam97379)
                          12. Viccica (mmviccica)
                          13. emerald000 (emerald3x0)
                          14. tupacodaman (tupacodaman)
                          15. Panda Express (helljumperdragon)
                          16. BDN (megamngtx)
                          Last edited by Makilaz; 10-22-2009, 11:36 AM.

                          Comment

                          • Panda Express
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 59

                            #298
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            Hey Wolves, do an insta-wolf so we can get on with this. No one seems to be talking while we await your next victim.

                            Now that you've all put A2P out of the way, we should reconsider all the theories out there (which there seems to be a storm of) and evaluate whether any of them still hold their merit, which I'd assume most of them do.
                            Putting the -laugh- back into Manslaughter.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #299
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              Originally posted by Panda Express
                              Now that you've all put A2P out of the way, we should reconsider all the theories out there (which there seems to be a storm of) and evaluate whether any of them still hold their merit, which I'd assume most of them do.
                              No, most of the old plans hold little or no merit anymore. That's why they were abandoned along the way.

                              What we need is new ideas. New directions. Don't get hung up on the past and what has happened already, look to the future.

                              Because if we haven't gotten any wolves yet, this day will be the last day. Could still be the last day if any sloppy votes are made; the wolves could dive bomb on and insta for the win. Be careful who you vote for tomorrow. Talk things out before placing any votes.

                              ps panda, in all seriousness, I'm sure you of all people know whether the wolf kill has been sent in or not. The reason day hasn't started yet is because of the host keeping time consistent, not because of PMs not being sent or because of wolves wanting to wait until the last second.

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #300
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                I'd have to disagree. I think it's worth looking at a few things that have been brought up already for the sake of not leaving any loose ends. We can't afford to leave out anything.


                                If we managed to play an incredibly horrible game and 4 wolves are alive, one vote on a human is all they'd need to ensure a win.




                                To those who haven't gotten there yet:
                                8 players - 4 wolves = 4 humans.
                                Insta = 5 votes.
                                1 human vote + 4 wolf votes = insta.

                                Wolf-human ratio: 4:3 at the start of night phase.


                                ^Posting for the sake of not answering questions later.

                                The benefit of if we survive this phase being that we know we've hit at least one wolf.




                                Since this next day phase could potentially be a very important phase, we shouldn't ignore anything that hasn't been fully disproved.



                                Even if you may think it's behind us, needless to say last lynch wasn't a unanimous decision. If I recall, it was almost your head on the chopping block instead of A2P's. So aside from you being bored/trying to take the pressure off of you, what reason do you have for not addressing past issues?
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...