TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Syhto
    BuMP it
    • Mar 2006
    • 2466

    #151
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    i meant your posts are way too long afro, i didn't disagree with you

    also,
    Originally posted by ~jrodd
    keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
    Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
    I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

    Comment

    • A2P
      FFR Veteran
      • Apr 2009
      • 3127

      #152
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      rip syhto

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #153
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
        Originally i was gunning for afro, and I talked to a bunch of people about it, even shared my suspicions with Ac1 to get his thoughts on it and the entire conversation felt weird as ****.
        How did I overlook this?

        Basically, he was suspicious of me and wanted to have me lynched, but after he talked to other people and realized he was alone in thinking this, he decided he should flip 180 around and SIDE WITH ME INSTEAD?

        From my understanding, it also appears that manti probably WANTS to be seer'd (which gives a bit of an explanation of why he was arguing in favor of the seer coming to a seer'd green and risking his life), and the only player who should want to be seer'd is the MW, so seer, if you looked at him, please be aware of this.

        So I'll be voting Manti. Got my eye on a few others yet as well, but I'd especially like to hear more from sc979 since he's the only player I haven't got a decent understanding of their position in the game yet.

        ps hi syhto sorry I was secretly suspicious of you

        Comment

        • FictionJunction
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 3843

          #154
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          what's my position in the game again?
          Originally posted by j-rodd123
          wow

          Comment

          • Ruritsu
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2008
            • 479

            #155
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            was anyone else unaware that u84 was playing?
            I think I mentioned speaking to him right after somebody mentioned not hearing from him.

            Also: When did Manti give the impression that he wanted to be seered? If you would quote, that'd be awesome.

            One more thing: Bolth should read "Tupac" and Sully should read "Panda".
            =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #156
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              I HATE THIS GAME. FictionJunction
              Don't you usually reserve ficicide for night 4 or 5


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              How did I overlook this?

              Basically, he was suspicious of me and wanted to have me lynched, but after he talked to other people and realized he was alone in thinking this, he decided he should flip 180 around and SIDE WITH ME INSTEAD?
              You're reading it wrong. I talked with a bunch of people about reasons i had against you, which can be seen in my log with Ac1, several people agreed, but i didn't feel it was worthwhile to pursue yet, seeing as how you're an active supposedly intelligent (yeah i can needle too 8) ) TWGer. That being said I investigated Ac1, and like i said in my original post with my log, felt the whole conversation with him was odd. I didn't like the fact that he said this:

              ac1colossus (12:17:42 AM): maybe, but I don't really get any bad vibes from him so far. If he was a wolf, I'd think he'd be far less quick to accuse me
              DarkManticoreX2 (12:18:10 AM): you cant know that
              ac1colossus (12:18:16 AM): i suppose not
              DarkManticoreX2 (12:18:20 AM): you've never played a game with him

              Among other things in the log



              and if you want proof I wasn't out to get you night 1 you can take a look at my log with A2p:

              DarkManticoreX2 (10:03:06 PM): and looking over their posts afro comes off wolfy to me
              DarkManticoreX2 (10:03:21 PM): however it might be too early to play this theory
              Awesome Lamer (10:03:48 PM): Yeah.

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              #1: seer shouldn't risk himself if he has little or nothing to gain just because manti says to
              #2: manti is too reliant on blues and therefore doesn't understand what this game is supposed to be about
              I understand what this game is about, however, i feel like you're too hesitant to throw out useful effective information. Green seerings are useful, i don't care if you think they're possibly infected with a MW or not. If it comes down to the wire, basically everyone needs to be re-examined. You don't just blindly follow protocol if you think you can come up with something better.

              Afro, a lot of your posts seem to be intentionally playing devils' advocate, heck, you even contradict yourself twice maybe three times between your two large posts in a haste to debunk everything I say.
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • DarkManticoreX2
                TWG Overlord
                • Apr 2005
                • 7355

                #157
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                i feel like you're too hesitant to throw out useful effective information.
                Hesitant is actually the opposite word i wanted there. it should read

                "I feel like you're too quick to throw out useful effective information"
                AAA's = 800

                Originally posted by V
                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                Comment

                • tupacodaman
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 635

                  #158
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  ok, sup guys, I'm in the game now, so here are some thoughts. keep in mind I haven't read everything and have only talked to ruritsu and manti (extensively, also talked to clari but I was tired and didn't get to say too much :P)

                  So first off, what I believe Afro wants to happen from BRIEFLY looking over the thread:

                  <DIV id=124 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 5px 4px -5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 5px 4px -5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><SPAN style="FONT: 12px Arial; COLOR: #0f0595">Ruritsu

                  Comment

                  • tupacodaman
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 635

                    #159
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    Originally posted by tupacodaman
                    ok, sup guys, I'm in the game now, so here


                    wowwww ok stupid aim quote messed up everything I just said...

                    basically, I talked to ruritsu and apparently both he and afro believe the seer and psychic should stay hidden and then after 2 or 3 days come out and update us.

                    from what me and manti believe, the seer should come out to the first green he seered night 1 (or night 2, w/e) and then have that green come out in the thread. The psychic would then come out to this green, and then the seer and psychic would know each other and work on finding the wolves. there is a 1/10 chance that this green will be the MW, but that's a better chance than having the psychic come out to the thread after 3 days, saying "wow you guys suck, you killed one wolf and two humans/you killed three humans" and then have the psychic killed immediately...

                    and yea.. I very very very much doubt that either afro or manti are wolves, so if the seer hasn't seered one of them already, please do and have one of them be the "trusted green". because yeah, if one of them does end up being a wolf, that's cool. and if one of them is green and the MW then we were probably gonna lose anyway. seriously though, manti as master wolf? wtf would we do?

                    Comment

                    • tupacodaman
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 635

                      #160
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      and btw that was not a vote or safety on ruritsu, just some stupid ass glitch that happened when I tried to paste this quote directly from AIM:

                      Ruritsu (4:45:25 PM): Well, if they remain seperate, and this is all I've got either, the seer could try to influence the game from the background, and the Psychic could wait a few lynches. If like 2 - 3 lynches go down and we still haven't hit wolves, he should then come out informing us of our screw ups. This would cow our terrible playing, and we could look into people who advocated the humans lynchings. While that happens, the seer's pool of targets will shrink, giving him time to potentially hit reds.
                      Ruritsu (4:45:40 PM): Not the best plan either, but I think its more conservative.

                      so if possible, don't take that bolding as a vote emerald...

                      Comment

                      • tupacodaman
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 635

                        #161
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        BTW I meant maki and not emerald

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #162
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                          ac1colossus (12:17:42 AM): maybe, but I don't really get any bad vibes from him so far. If he was a wolf, I'd think he'd be far less quick to accuse me
                          DarkManticoreX2 (12:18:10 AM): you cant know that
                          ac1colossus (12:18:16 AM): i suppose not
                          DarkManticoreX2 (12:18:20 AM): you've never played a game with him
                          How many games have you played with me?

                          That actually is pretty accurate about my play style as a wolf. I might try to act as offensively, but I'm pretty obvious as a wolf. Go check the history thread and read some of my wolf games.

                          DarkManticoreX2 (10:03:06 PM): and looking over their posts afro comes off wolfy to me
                          DarkManticoreX2 (10:03:21 PM): however it might be too early to play this theory
                          Awesome Lamer (10:03:48 PM): Yeah.
                          Seems like you scoured your logs just to find a little snippet where you directly said your suspicion on me might be unfounded. You could have just as easily said those same words again and they'd have exactly the same value to my ears. It comes off as weasel words to justify your statements when you knew others might not agree, rather than you simply stating something but not being all that sure about it (who is sure of anything during day 1?).

                          And not that it necessarily means anything in particular, but it took you 15 seconds to type "however it might be too early to play this theory". I'd think you'd be able to type that a lot faster if it was a directly following continuation of the previous entry and not something you thought of a few seconds after having submitted the previous line.

                          I understand what this game is about
                          Above all else, the game is about social engineering. The way you win games is by bypassing the social engineering aspect and abusing blue powers to build alliances. I believe your exact words were "alliances win games, period."

                          Alliances are an unintended byproduct of allowing private discussion, particularly on Internet forums. The game is not designed to support private conversations where information can be shared privately. In a real game, they might allow note passing, but even that wouldn't be completely private as everyone would still be able to see you passing notes.

                          If it comes down to the wire, basically everyone needs to be re-examined.
                          When it comes down to that and I'm dead and the only people left are going to be wolves plus inactive/not-as-sharp people, you really think they'd be able to pull off a good re-examination?

                          Afro, a lot of your posts seem to be intentionally playing devils' advocate, heck, you even contradict yourself twice maybe three times between your two large posts in a haste to debunk everything I say.
                          Which points are you referring to? Why make such an ambiguous statement when mentioning something specifically could effectively nail me as I stand and take a lot of air out of my argument?

                          Originally posted by tupacodaman
                          The psychic would then come out to this green, and then the seer and psychic would know each other and work on finding the wolves.
                          This is making the assumption that the psychic would be willing to go along with the plan. And other than the wolves, who is actually actively in favor of this plan?

                          And do you really believe the psychic working with the seer would be THAT MUCH better at finding wolves? A lot of people apparently think that card flips aren't even a useful tool in attempting to find wolves (and instead think seer'd greens are better? what?). The thing to gain here is a 2 man mason team, but do you really think risking the seer's life and risking the psychic's life (if he even goes along with it) is worth earning that one little 2-man team? And what of the seer'd person? Assuming he was actually green, you're either ensuring that he's wolfed the next night, or if the wolves leave him alive, he end up causing us to waste a lynch on him. I don't know about you, but I find wolf kills very useful in picking suspects out of my prospective list. Today, for example, Syhto died. I had been a little suspicious of her, but with her being wolfed, she gets stricken from my suspect list.

                          that's a better chance than having the psychic come out to the thread after 3 days, saying "wow you guys suck, you killed one wolf and two humans/you killed three humans" and then have the psychic killed immediately...
                          Are you retarded? Why would the psychic do this? This is completely unnecessary. If the humans are screwing up, they don't need the psychic to suicide to know it. They'll know it based on the fact that the game hasn't been won yet.

                          But what's the stance on anonymous account messaging? This used to happen from time to time back in the day for blues or reds to deliver messages anonymously. I think it might have been decided to be against the rules though. But that was a long time ago, back when psychics seer'd green and games without guardians didn't have master wolves either.

                          manti as master wolf? wtf would we do?
                          You'd vote for him. And lynch him. Well, you probably wouldn't since you're a wolf with him, but you know what I mean.

                          Comment

                          • FictionJunction
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3843

                            #163
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to arfo. I didn't mean to come off as saying that he's a poor and unintelligent player.
                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • FictionJunction
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3843

                              #164
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to arfo. I didn't mean to come off as saying that he's a poor and unintelligent player.
                              Originally posted by j-rodd123
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #165
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                arfo, talk to me ;_;
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...