TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #211
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    I don't really think tupac would hide between the lines of your so-called strategy. It's not like everyone's opinions on the matter make a difference.

    but yeah, he may as well be doing it. but you're still a better candidate.
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #212
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      if you're not it then arfo will be hearing from me
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • FictionJunction
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 3843

        #213
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        god, re-reading this entire thread makes me nauseous.
        manti, arfo understands that the information is useful. He understands that the seer should do something if he's able to.

        We're saying it's difficult and don't want you to influence the seer. I don't want to influence the seer and Arfo doesn't want to influence the seer, either.

        It's not about doing it or not doing it, giving the seer permission to do it or posing as a trustworthy green to be the one the seer comes out to (this is a big no-no, manti!). It's about letting him be. Let him be!

        if votes based on these arguments continue we'll become a ticking time bomb. I'd rather have you and arfo lynched than keep watching this happen. It'd give me peace of mind.

        tl;dr
        stop talking
        Originally posted by j-rodd123
        wow

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #214
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
          The fact that he said Night one that he'd leave the vets alive, and look, here we all are.
          Would you rather be dead?

          I thought you of all people would be grateful for me expressly stating that concept so the wolves would be less likely to dive immediately for the best regarded of us. I know I'm glad to not be dead yet.

          But then again, it's not like you'd wolf yourself without good reason either. I think you should be thanking me for giving you a good justification to explain why you haven't been wolfed. If not for that explanation, it probably'd be a lot easier to get people on board with getting you lynched.

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          yeah, if I had to pick a wolf it'd be you manti.
          I'm probably more confident about tupac myself, I just don't want manti to slip by until the endgame when the leftover players would have no confidence to do it.

          Arfo doesn't want to influence the seer, either.
          Actually, I do. I want to encourage him to not do something stupid by risking himself needlessly. His function is catching reds, he doesn't need to risk himself if he hasn't even done that.

          Comment

          • DarkManticoreX2
            TWG Overlord
            • Apr 2005
            • 7355

            #215
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            DarkManticoreX2 (2:21:30 AM): greens benifit from it slightly
            DarkManticoreX2 (2:21:42 AM): the seer gains people he can listen to
            afrobean16 (2:21:48 AM): not really, because ideally the seer would never tell them they've been seer'd
            afrobean16 (2:22:05 AM): but greens cannot be trusted just because they come back green

            In essence, i think either Afro and I see how to use greens differently, Or he's a wolf and is trying to stagnate the human resources.

            Originally posted by afrobean
            Would you rather be dead?

            I thought you of all people would be grateful for me expressly stating that concept so the wolves would be less likely to dive immediately for the best regarded of us. I know I'm glad to not be dead yet.
            Yeah thanks for that. It's still damn weird we're all alive through and I'm betting there's a reason outside of "They're going to lynch each other"

            Originally posted by afrobean
            But then again, it's not like you'd wolf yourself without good reason either. I think you should be thanking me for giving you a good justification to explain why you haven't been wolfed. If not for that explanation, it probably'd be a lot easier to get people on board with getting you lynched.
            "I tried to get you lynched and only fiction agreed with me"

            LOL
            AAA's = 800

            Originally posted by V
            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

            Comment

            • FictionJunction
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 3843

              #216
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              it's not as much as I agreed with arfo but that I told you I was going to vote for you or tupac before arfo and I even spoke.
              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              wow

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #217
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                Yeah thanks for that. It's still damn weird we're all alive through and I'm betting there's a reason outside of "They're going to lynch each other"
                If what you're implying is "there is at least one wolf among the vets", then I'd say I'm inclined to agree. However, I know my own role, and while I was previously kind of suspicious of fiction, he dropped down on my list notably, as far down on my list as he can be without being plunked off into the pool of people I consider definitely green.

                So that just leaves you, bro.

                Originally posted by manti talking jive on me
                "I tried to get you lynched and only fiction agreed with me"
                The two votes on you, manti, are more than the one vote on me 8)

                Comment

                • tupacodaman
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 635

                  #218
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Anything can be faked.

                  And actually, bro, pidgin does all my logging automatically in the client with no formatting. Plain text. Doesn't even give me a .html option to save from my logs, so if I wanted that, I'd need to save it while the window is still open. But even then, I have it set to ignore all formatting on incoming messages. You gonna decide all of my logs are fake because they're all plain text?

                  And seriously folks, like I said, I'm actually in favor of lynching tupac, I just want to be sure that if manti is going to be lynched, it is done early while it still can happen. If you guys don't want to do it, then it's on you, so hopefully I'm wrong in that case. I'd much rather be wrong about manti if not many agree that lynching manti is a good idea.

                  Incidentally, when does day end? And can we get a vote report? If it comes down to it, I'm not above throwing a vote to tupac if it could move us to a insta and avoid phantoms.

                  ps I still haven't gotten around to reading that chat log. How worthy of my time is it really?
                  hard to fake html logs... it's a file that has every part of the conversation you've ever had with the person... again, use common sense/logic to see if something seems fishy...

                  and yea I've used Pidgin, so the html logs don't apply to you, and the fact you only have txt logs doesn't have an effect on your suspiciousness

                  also, I think it's funny you keep talking about "social engineering" but won't even look at the AIM chat...

                  again I say: just because me and manti each think a strategy is good doesn't necessarily make either of us wolves... as seen below, I came up with this same idea before ever talking to manti:


                  Ruritsu (4:34:45 PM): Afro is overly chaotic, manti wants to play it risky, Fic is PO'd (For whatever reason), and everyone else is following like sheep >_>
                  tupacodaman (4:36:30 PM): haha yea
                  tupacodaman (4:36:33 PM): this is a lame game tbh
                  tupacodaman (4:36:34 PM): haha
                  tupacodaman (4:36:44 PM): no guard really sucks
                  tupacodaman (4:36:45 PM): haha
                  tupacodaman (4:36:53 PM): the only thing I can think of is
                  tupacodaman (4:36:59 PM): having the seer seer two people in a row
                  Ruritsu (4:36:59 PM): I don't know, I kinda like it >.>
                  tupacodaman (4:37:02 PM): sorry
                  Ruritsu (4:37:08 PM): But it is dull.
                  tupacodaman (4:37:09 PM): seering until he gets two people who are green*
                  tupacodaman (4:37:17 PM): make an alliance with them
                  tupacodaman (4:37:23 PM): let them know who the other is
                  tupacodaman (4:37:30 PM): little chance of either of them being the master wolf
                  tupacodaman (4:37:47 PM): then, if someone is seered red, one of the greens can fake seer and tell the thread that he seered a wolf
                  tupacodaman (4:37:55 PM): and continue...
                  tupacodaman (4:37:55 PM): lol
                  tupacodaman (4:38:15 PM): that make sense?
                  tupacodaman (4:38:19 PM): it's such a lame plan tho
                  Ruritsu (4:39:06 PM): Thats damn near as risky as Manti's plan though >>
                  Ruritsu (4:40:15 PM): On the off chance that the seer hits the MW there could be large problems.
                  tupacodaman (4:40:30 PM): that's why he waits til he seers two humans
                  Ruritsu (4:40:31 PM): I'm falling to siding with Afro on this one.
                  tupacodaman (4:40:49 PM): so if the seer dies, the other human can say that the other is MW
                  tupacodaman (4:40:52 PM): but yea
                  Ruritsu (4:40:55 PM): Seering two doesn't solve the problem though.
                  tupacodaman (4:40:56 PM): super risky
                  tupacodaman (4:40:56 PM): haha
                  Ruritsu (4:41:34 PM): Thats just a trade, not only that, that logic is simple to follow, and thus the MW could opt not to wolf the seer just to clear his hide.
                  tupacodaman (4:42:51 PM): yea exactly
                  tupacodaman (4:42:55 PM): lol
                  tupacodaman (4:43:01 PM): not the best of plans... but all I can think of atm
                  Ruritsu (4:45:25 PM): Well, if they remain seperate, and this is all I've got either, the seer could try to influence the game from the background, and the Psychic could wait a few lynches. If like 2 - 3 lynches go down and we still haven't hit wolves, he should then come out informing us of our screw ups. This would cow our terrible playing, and we could look into people who advocated the humans lynchings. While that happens, the seer's pool of targets will shrink, giving him time to potentially hit reds.
                  Ruritsu (4:45:40 PM): Not the best plan either, but I think its more conservative.

                  again, I acknowledge the fact that it's risky... but it's better than being sitting around using our "social engineering" skills... especially when the two people advocating for using these "skills" are rarely on AIM....

                  afro for being a pompous ass... if I do end up getting lynched, seer should seer fic, sc, panda... and the psychic will clear my name if he ever gets in touch with the seer/humans..

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #219
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    tupac for being a person who wants to vote for me...

                    If anyone else feels bold enough to vote for manti, I'll move my vote back.

                    Comment

                    • FictionJunction
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3843

                      #220
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      except the psychic won't clear your name and you know it.
                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • Makilaz
                        TWG Princess
                        • May 2006
                        • 1094

                        #221
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        Day over! tupacodaman was lynched. Phantoms were awarded to Gun, and emerald. If any of you voted and I missed it, let me know.

                        Night 3 has begun, ending in 24 hours. That's 1 PM EST 10/20/09 (Tues)

                        1. Gun92 (james92hofmann)
                        2. Ac1Speakerbox (Ac1Colossus)
                        3. Clarinet89 (clarinet898)
                        4. Afrobean (Afrobean16)
                        5. DarkManticoreX2 (DarkManticoreX2)
                        6. FictionJunction (FikshonJunkshon)
                        7. Syhto (amanetora)
                        8. A2P (awesome lamer)
                        9. Ruritsu (Ruritsu)
                        10. u84 (u8477)
                        11. sc979 (sam97379)
                        12. Viccica (mmviccica)
                        13. emerald000 (emerald3x0)
                        14. tupacodaman (tupacodaman)
                        15. Panda Express (helljumperdragon)
                        16. BDN (megamngtx)
                        Last edited by Makilaz; 10-19-2009, 11:33 AM.

                        Comment

                        • tupacodaman
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 635

                          #222
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          except the psychic won't clear your name and you know it.
                          oh snap you got me I'm actually master wolf. dam guys good game. and my name won't be cleared by the psychic

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #223
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            i voted afro maki.
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #224
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              Originally posted by tupacodaman
                              oh snap you got me I'm actually master wolf. dam guys good game. and my name won't be cleared by the psychic
                              stop talking, you're dead

                              I KILLED YOU, BITCH.

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #225
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                yeah you're not supposed to talk after being lynched.

                                ok, let's lynch manti next day phase
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...