TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Makilaz
    TWG Princess
    • May 2006
    • 1094

    #46
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    If the seer targets the psychic, it will come back blue.

    Comment

    • AC1speakerbox
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2006
      • 1242

      #47
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Think about cost versus benefit.
      Yeah, I thought of that the second I made that post.
      I just figured I'd look even more stupid if I corrected myself after calling folks dumb.
      I guess that's exacly what I have to do now though.

      After thinking about it more, shouldn't that be the scenario in ANY game where there's a mw? I mean really, just because guardians may be included in other games doesn't mean that a mw will screw over an alliance any less than if there wasn't one. (I hope that made sense.)

      So yeah. Disregard my "9% post." Im teh stoopidz.

      Comment

      • AC1speakerbox
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2006
        • 1242

        #48
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        Originally posted by Makilaz
        If the seer targets the psychic, it will come back blue.
        Did this actually need clarification? Wow.

        Comment

        • Gun92
          The Paragon of Perfection
          • Aug 2006
          • 4826

          #49
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          Originally posted by emerald000
          Sorry to tell you that, but people aren't used anymore to play this kind of games.
          Originally posted by AC1speakerbox
          Did this actually need clarification? Wow.
          There you go. I would have quoted others...but it probably just sounded mean after awhile.

          Comment

          • Gun92
            The Paragon of Perfection
            • Aug 2006
            • 4826

            #50
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            Also...thats pretty much bashing someone for having a question. I'm pretty sure when you started, you had plenty of "dumb" questions.

            Comment

            • AC1speakerbox
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2006
              • 1242

              #51
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              I didn't ask questions when I started. I just did dumb things and got slaps on the wrist for it.

              I'm sure you in particular vividly remember that.

              Comment

              • Ruritsu
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2008
                • 479

                #52
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                Originally posted by A2P
                9% is still a notable risk.

                It's a 9% chance of needlessly handing the game to the wolves.
                [Math Nazi]
                Well, its actually lower. Theres actually a one in fifteen chance of him hitting the MW as he could hit the other wolves too mind you, in which case he'll have to do something else. This brings it down to a 6.66% chance of hitting the MW.[/Math Nazi]

                I'm semi for Manti's plan, however, I can see why some people would rather avoid the risk. The only thing the seer could do without coming out somehow is seer people and be unable to say anything about it. The psychic alone can only confirm if our lynch hit and I guess pass judgment on bandwagoners if we miss, which seems rather weak. I'm probably missing some other strategy, but it seems like they're both really weak alone. Thats the only reason I like Manti's plan, feel free to tear this post to shreads XD
                =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

                Comment

                • Gun92
                  The Paragon of Perfection
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4826

                  #53
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  Originally posted by AC1speakerbox
                  I didn't ask questions when I started. I just did dumb things and got slaps on the wrist for it.

                  I'm sure you in particular vividly remember that.
                  I do, but I choose not to bring it up.

                  Comment

                  • Makilaz
                    TWG Princess
                    • May 2006
                    • 1094

                    #54
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    Night over! Brilliant Dynamite Neon has been killed.

                    It is now Day 1! Day ends in 48 hours, NOON EST 10/16/09 (Friday) or upon insta. Insta is set at 8 votes today.

                    1. Gun92 (james92hofmann)
                    2. Ac1Speakerbox (Ac1Colossus)
                    3. Clarinet89 (clarinet898)
                    4. Afrobean (Afrobean16)
                    5. DarkManticoreX2 (DarkManticoreX2)
                    6. FictionJunction (FikshonJunkshon)
                    7. Syhto (amanetora)
                    8. A2P (awesome lamer)
                    9. Ruritsu (Ruritsu)
                    10. u84 (u8477)
                    11. sc979 (sam97379)
                    12. Viccica (mmviccica)
                    13. emerald000 (emerald3x0)
                    14. panda express (helljumperdragon)
                    15. Sullyman2007 (sully5313)
                    16. BDN (megamngtx)
                    Last edited by Makilaz; 10-18-2009, 04:59 PM.

                    Comment

                    • Makilaz
                      TWG Princess
                      • May 2006
                      • 1094

                      #55
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      inb4 manti is alive bandwagon nonsense

                      Comment

                      • FictionJunction
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3843

                        #56
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        the thing I dislike the most about explaining things, predicting things and giving players 'tips' on night one is that it sets a false precedent for us to work on.
                        Originally posted by j-rodd123
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • FictionJunction
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3843

                          #57
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          BDN? really?
                          Originally posted by j-rodd123
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • AC1speakerbox
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 1242

                            #58
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            Penny for your thoughts, thee who ist surprised by the newly deceased BDN?

                            Comment

                            • Gun92
                              The Paragon of Perfection
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 4826

                              #59
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              That doesn't strike me as a lack of surprise, it reads more like he can't believe the wolves targeted BDN. Who knows, I might be wrong but thats what it sounds like to me.

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #60
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                the thing is (and I don't have concrete evidence or anything, mind you) it feels as if that wouldn't have happened had we been saved the trouble of reading all of these comments and suggestions about how the game should be run. Especially when they're about wolf strategy instead of human defense, which shouldn't really be discussed in the first place because the procedures for this game are so obvious.

                                I'm not really onto anything here. I'm just feeling uneasy. Had makilaz, clarinet or emerald died then I wouldn't really be feeling like this. They're all good players but are rarely seen killed n1. Especially after arfo setting the precedent for possible non-vet/poor player n1 wolf kills by mentioning the obvious. We all know that a vet staying alive past night 3 doesn't make him a wolf. But there's a difference between expecting everyone to understand that (and I do) and mentioning it in the thread. As wolves, anyone should be a fine n1 kill. The only reason specific players get offed is due to their reputation. Nothing more, nothing less.

                                That said, Manti dying isn't a 100% guarantee, and if it doesn't occur usually quiet and/or poor players get killed. i.e. gun (quiet) rzr (poor). It's usually one or the other. A vet or a poor player. Why BDN? a player people mostly know for his games and not his style or influence in TWG? And we all know he doesn't suck either. He just wouldn't come to mind as a n1 kill. ever.

                                tl;dr
                                I feel uneasy.
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...