TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #166
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    arfo, talk to me ;_;
    I won't let you dissuade me from voting for your wolf partners!

    Also: I'm at work and need to go soon, so I'm not gonna bother with meebo. Maybe tomorrow, bro.

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #167
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

      k, I'll hold you to it
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • Makilaz
        TWG Princess
        • May 2006
        • 1094

        #168
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

        But what's the stance on anonymous account messaging?
        No. Completely against the rules, and breaks the game thoroughly if exploited.

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #169
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

          Originally posted by Makilaz
          No. Completely against the rules, and breaks the game thoroughly if exploited.
          I agree, but then again, I also am of the opinion that blues themselves can break a game by being exploited 8)

          ps fiction bro, i'll be heading to sleep within a few hours, I might be up and on later this afternoon/evening, if not I'll do my best to get on meebo at work tonight.

          Comment

          • sc979
            FFR Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 1644

            #170
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

            Okay, you guys do know that if the seer comes out to the MW and the psychic also comes out to him, that the MW could tell the psychic that one of the other wolves was the seer, and do the same thing with the seer about the psychic? Then two false alliances will be created and we lose both blues without getting a wolf.

            So my stance is basically that the seer shouldn't reveal himself to anybody unless they hit a red and can't persuade others to vote for the wolf otherwise.

            safety on pandaexpress
            ...

            Comment

            • Ruritsu
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2008
              • 479

              #171
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

              When does voting end, because I don't think insta is gonna save me of a phantom this time. In the mean time, safety on U84.
              =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

              Comment

              • A2P
                FFR Veteran
                • Apr 2009
                • 3127

                #172
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                manti for safety

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #173
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                  Originally posted by A2P
                  manti for safety
                  lol

                  ps sc979, glad to see you being more reasonable than some other members here, but I'd really like to see a little more words from you. What did you think of what happened yesterday, who do you think would be good to lynch today? Let's hear some specific and unique words, bro.

                  Comment

                  • sc979
                    FFR Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 1644

                    #174
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                    hm.. manti's plan does possibly risk both blues in return for nothing, so a vet pushing for this strategy does seem off. However, if he happens to be human, I've noticed that you keep saying that if you were a wolf, you wouldn't wolf manti and wait for people to lynch him instead and you've ended up placing the first vote on him. I wouldn't be surprised if one of you two happen to be a wolf, but I'm unsure of what to do. I did put up a safety vote before..
                    ...

                    Comment

                    • Panda Express
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 59

                      #175
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                      So few people are posting consistantly besides Afro and Manti that its hard for me to make any opinion based off just forum posts...

                      So anyone knows, I'll be on aim for the next hour or so. Got a project to do. No one ever seems to AIM me, accursed new-guy syndrome =(
                      Putting the -laugh- back into Manslaughter.

                      Comment

                      • tupacodaman
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 635

                        #176
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                        wow, it's hard to take people seriously when they call you "retarded"...

                        First off, why do you have an issue with alliances? Wolves have alliances too in this online version of the game. I'm sure you know this, but in RL wolves know each other BUT cannot communicate with each other... in this game, they know each other AND can talk to each other via PM/AIM, so there's no reason why humans shouldn't try to build an alliance as well.

                        Again, I understand that it's risky to have both the seer and psychic come out, but it's better than trying to "deduce" who is a wolf... honestly, we could probably find two wolves through deducing, but by the time we'll have killed so many nonwolves it won't be worth it. if we have the seer and psychic know each other, that's one less person the seer has to worry about being a wolf. then, through their puppet green, they can decide on who is most likely to be a wolf and that green will lead the way on voting for this person. then the psychic can confirm whether or not the lynched person was red or not, and the seer can base his decision on who to seer next based off that. At the moment, we are having the seer take whatever info he has gathered from talking to people and then make an information based off that. Even if he does seer a red, there is no way for him atm to make a push for that person.......................................................................

                        which is reason enough to take a chance at having a three person alliance that will allow for the seer's red hits to be revealed.

                        Also, in case it wasn't clear, the green in the alliance wouldn't come out unless a red was seered... in which case trading out a green for a red is totally worth it.

                        also, the plan about the psychic for which you called me "retarded" was mentioned by ruritsu, who mentioned that it wasn't a good plan either but "better than me and manti's". to which I say, again, we are not going to win any game by sitting here on our asses and "deducing" who is a wolf or not. the wolves are going to kill people who are semi-active, then leave us to our own devices, which will lead to either manti or afro being lynched, then probably the other who isn't lynched, then probably myself, and basically just leaving everyone in the dark then since no one will be participating.

                        it happens
                        every
                        single
                        game

                        encouraging us to try to "deduce" four wolves is pretty silly... the game will end and greens will lose... there's no way in hell we can accurately get even two. Example: last game, all I did was stay in the background, though I did have the wolves try to bomb me to make it seem like I was human. if anyone seriously thought I was a wolf I call bull****. and though I bet everyone was saying "omfg I knew Iggy was MW", no you didn't... or you would have lynched him long ago . basically, you can't be convinced of any deductions. you can only get super pissed off and try to defend yourself even though your convictions are little better than anyone else's...

                        I'll end by saying: do you really think Bolth would have rage quit the game if he were a red/blue?

                        Comment

                        • Gun92
                          The Paragon of Perfection
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 4826

                          #177
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                          I asked for a sub, just so everyone knows.

                          Comment

                          • A2P
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 3127

                            #178
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                            safety on tupac

                            didnt really know what a safety was till now. my bad

                            Comment

                            • sc979
                              FFR Player
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 1644

                              #179
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                              Originally posted by tupacodaman
                              from what me and manti believe, the seer should come out to the first green he seered night 1 (or night 2, w/e) and then have that green come out in the thread. The psychic would then come out to this green, and then the seer and psychic would know each other and work on finding the wolves.
                              Originally posted by tupacodaman
                              Also, in case it wasn't clear, the green in the alliance wouldn't come out unless a red was seered... in which case trading out a green for a red is totally worth it.
                              contradiction?
                              ...

                              Comment

                              • tupacodaman
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 635

                                #180
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

                                sully for now... never seen him sub out, usually just chills in the background if he's human... call it a hunch, will probably change this soon

                                Comment

                                Working...