TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alainbryden
    Seen your member
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2003
    • 2873

    #91
    Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

    TPS I agree that the strategy has worked in the past but I feel there is a lot to be gained from the wolves not knowing exactly who is being guarded every night. Even if the seer is valuable because he has the best players pulling his strings, a ****ty seer is worthless if he's dead.

    I still think the seer should spend his days quietly looking at the top players or suspicious players, and only come out as seer if he's found a wolf and needs lynching help, or if he is at risk of being lynched by suspicious humans.

    To each their own.

    As for DarkManticore's suggestion that my post may be related to the nights wolfing, it's most likely that the wolf vote was put in long before my post, as the host posted the result only when he came online.
    Even if they read my post, the wolves, collectively, should be smart enough to know that nothing I said prove anything, it was all based on the very unlikely condition that everyone who had said anything so far had been telling the truth.

    Also, FoJaR has my vote for now. He still hasn't said he's human, only that he's not the seer, and while any intelligent wolf would have just lied early on with the rest of them, or simply said nothing about their role at all, he's awkwardly thrown it in at the start of day two when he saw what I was doing, and offered little other contribution. It's a weak resting place for my vote, but a resting place nonetheless. He's at the top of my list, not that much differentiates him from the other top 4 on my list.
    Last edited by alainbryden; 08-4-2007, 12:13 AM.
    ~NEIGH

    Comment

    • omgwtfToph
      FFR Music Producers
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2004
      • 198

      #92
      Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

      This is my last chance to vote before the day ends.

      vote: alainbryden because he basically said "so yeah, seer, if you listen to talisman's standard ****ing strategy, you are a 'Newb sheep'."

      Whatever, it's kind of a safety anyway.
      ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

      Comment

      • omgwtfToph
        FFR Music Producers
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2004
        • 198

        #93
        Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

        Edit or whatever: Uh, actually I guess I'll be online in the morning before I leave.

        So okay, vote is subject to change.
        ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

        Comment

        • Tps222
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2004
          • 6169

          #94
          Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

          Alain: I'll assume you meant Talisman.

          Comment

          • DarkManticoreX2
            TWG Overlord
            • Apr 2005
            • 7355

            #95
            Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

            Alain, Your point is valid, But the longer it is before the seer comes out, the more likely it is for a wolf to slip in as the seer, decieve everyone, and win the game. As it is, we've lost one potential seer already. This situation should be remedied before we loose another.
            AAA's = 800

            Originally posted by V
            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

            Comment

            • alainbryden
              Seen your member
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2003
              • 2873

              #96
              Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

              No, obviously the seer has to come out if someone fakes being seer. That's a given.


              TPS, I did mean Talisman. Thanks for correcting that.

              Toph - Ok
              ~NEIGH

              Comment

              • FoJaR
                The Worst
                • Nov 2005
                • 2816

                #97
                Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                i'm gonna vote for talisman

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #98
                  Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                  Originally posted by alainbryden
                  No, obviously the seer has to come out if someone fakes being seer. That's a given.


                  TPS, I did mean Talisman. Thanks for correcting that.

                  Toph - Ok
                  It wont work though if the seer IS dead.
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • Tps222
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 6169

                    #99
                    Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                    Well, if we are playing a game if probability, and going on an assumption that the seer didn't reveal himself to a wolf (which makes no sense, with the public asking for him to come out) the wolves killing the seer without knowing it definitely was the seer and then taking the risk as faking to be them is infintessimaly small. The only knoe who'd even try that is me, and I already denied seer'ship.

                    Comment

                    • X3R0H0UR
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 540

                      #100
                      Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                      DBP ****ed up, no one got the seer PM. Seriously though, has anyone even talked to anyone to give us something to go on today?
                      Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                      Comment

                      • StoicRoivaS
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 548

                        #101
                        Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                        Got back to campus with little difficulty, minus my bed, box spring and couch being soaked in the rain...

                        I'll be able to read/update/revote before midnight unless something goes terribly wrong. For now, it's unpacking time.
                        Like the moon over
                        the day, my genius and brawn are
                        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                        -Bowser

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #102
                          Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                          I'm pretty convinced that sert was called because he was in Alain's list. The wolves are trying to confuse us by making kills that won't give us any information and only makes us guess ourself.

                          With that in mind, I have two people in my mind. Darkmanti is the first. He quoted sertman's death and then connected it with alain's list. I can see him doing this as a wolf to not only go along with my previous stated "confusion theory" but it would disassociate him by subtly using some reverse psychology.

                          Next on my list in Talisman. His posts have struck a weird chord within me ever since the game started. He's always provided an alternate theory in the past, so it's not too odd for him to present an opposing opinion towards Alain. What bothers me is how and when he presents it. Often without much force and in a way that makes it seem like "Nothing will get done, but I'm going to suggest it because I don't think it will hurt us(the wolves, if thats the case) and that I can disassociate from wolfdom".

                          These are both theoretical cases and I'm going to research further into this matter before I bring myself to a vote.

                          PS: I thought saftey votes were disallowed games ago?

                          Comment

                          • Tps222
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 6169

                            #103
                            Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                            Replaced "called" with "killed" in the above post in the first line.

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #104
                              Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                              Well TPS, When someone says: look, either, X, Y or Z is gunna die tonight, and then Y does, when Y isn't a top of the list caliber player. Then that strikes a wierd note with me, I don't really think anyone other then the wolves and Alain expected sert to die over Kilga/Stoic/Talis/Fojar, who are much more obvious choices.

                              The only reason Sertman would die is if the wolves were worried about the guard guarding one of them, and then went after a 2nd teir player.

                              Which would mean one thing.

                              1. We don't have ballsy wolves



                              As for alain's point about the seer not coming out......


                              The seer only has two choices, It's not like there's a billion different paths to take. Here I'll show you the options

                              1. seer comes out, guard goes to him, alliance forms, greens and seer work together to eliminate wolves etc.. etc...

                              2. seer doesn't come out, nobody knows who to trust, the seer runs the risk of being subject to a lucky wolving because he doesn't have a guardian, and we loose all (or most) of his info. The alliance is easier to penetrate by the MW and so on and so forth. The only thing gained by this is that we could potentially get a lucky guardianship sometime over the course of the game, and win an (in essence) seering.

                              I think it's kinda obvious which route we should take =/
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • flawofhumanity
                                MMM WATCHA SAY
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 628

                                #105
                                Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                                Well, good to see we're all cooperating and getting a lot of work done.

                                I haven't talked to anyone except talisman yet, and no one has said anything worthy of a vote on the forums, so =\.
                                Originally posted by pntballa18
                                flaw cause he's well hung


                                Comment

                                Working...