TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • omgwtfToph
    FFR Music Producers
    FFR Music Producer
    • Aug 2004
    • 198

    #76
    Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

    not seer not guardian either btw

    MAYBE WOLF O_O

    I haven't talked to anyone about this game yet. Someone can contact me or whatever. AIM is Oosanbashi.
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

    Comment

    • alainbryden
      Seen your member
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2003
      • 2873

      #77
      Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

      I agree that going for Sertman seems retarded unless the wolves don't think there's enough valuable people to risk going for one, or they knew secretly that Sertman was something special.

      As to why the seer wouldn't just come out, I have a simple reason - not everything talisman says goes. While his strategy works, potentially, it's not entirely appealing to the seer.

      If I were the seer, my strategy would probably be to keep it a secret, collect any information I could, until either I were at risk of being lynched, or there was a point when I could tell 3 or 4 people who I most trusted at the moment because I felt I had something useful to contribute.

      If you come out as seer before then, you're not doing anyone any favours because you don't know jack about anything yet, any more than a normal human does, and also all you're doing is forcing the guardian to always have protecting you in high consideration, and giving the wolves free dibs on many other valuable players that are now at lesser odds of being guarded.

      That's why if I were the seer, I wouldn't come out, in fact, I might even lie about it at first. That's probably why the seer hasn't come out yet, and won't until he has a good reason.

      That being said, the seer probably isn't a Newb sheep like most of the players that would have followed Talisman's advice to the T.
      ~NEIGH

      Comment

      • Kilgamayan
        Super Scooter Happy
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2003
        • 6583

        #78
        Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

        Given the pregame circumstances, I seriously doubt DBP wouldn't reroll for a seer if it came up nija.
        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

        Comment

        • X3R0H0UR
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2007
          • 540

          #79
          Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

          Originally posted by alainbryden
          I agree that going for Sertman seems retarded unless the wolves don't think there's enough valuable people to risk going for one, or they knew secretly that Sertman was something special.

          As to why the seer wouldn't just come out, I have a simple reason - not everything talisman says goes. While his strategy works, potentially, it's not entirely appealing to the seer.

          If I were the seer, my strategy would probably be to keep it a secret, collect any information I could, until either I were at risk of being lynched, or there was a point when I could tell 3 or 4 people who I most trusted at the moment because I felt I had something useful to contribute.

          If you come out as seer before then, you're not doing anyone any favours because you don't know jack about anything yet, any more than a normal human does, and also all you're doing is forcing the guardian to always have protecting you in high consideration, and giving the wolves free dibs on many other valuable players that are now at lesser odds of being guarded.

          That's why if I were the seer, I wouldn't come out, in fact, I might even lie about it at first. That's probably why the seer hasn't come out yet, and won't until he has a good reason.

          That being said, the seer probably isn't a Newb sheep like most of the players that would have followed Talisman's advice to the T.
          Well that person is unnecessarily running the risk of them getting wolfed. We only have 1 seer, we do have a ton of meat to throw at the wolves so we figure out who they are.
          Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

          Comment

          • FoJaR
            The Worst
            • Nov 2005
            • 2816

            #80
            Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

            hey all, not the seer here.
            gonna look through the posts, and i'll post again.

            Comment

            • FoJaR
              The Worst
              • Nov 2005
              • 2816

              #81
              Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

              so far, alain seems like he's saying a lot of nothing.

              Comment

              • alainbryden
                Seen your member
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2003
                • 2873

                #82
                Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                Then you need to read more carefully.
                ~NEIGH

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #83
                  Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                  y helo thar psuedo-content

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #84
                    Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                    Originally posted by alain
                    As to why the seer wouldn't just come out, I have a simple reason - not everything talisman says goes. While his strategy works, potentially, it's not entirely appealing to the seer.
                    It's not exactly "my" strategy -- it's basically the strategy used in standard games with a seer and a guardian. As far as "potentially" goes, it has proven its worth several times in the past.

                    Originally posted by alain
                    If I were the seer, my strategy would probably be to keep it a secret, collect any information I could, until either I were at risk of being lynched, or there was a point when I could tell 3 or 4 people who I most trusted at the moment because I felt I had something useful to contribute.
                    If you were the seer, I'd hope you'd come out because you're going to be high on the wolves list because of your activity and won't last long enough to gather that information without guaranteed night time protection.

                    Originally posted by alain
                    If you come out as seer before then, you're not doing anyone any favours because you don't know jack about anything yet, any more than a normal human does, and also all you're doing is forcing the guardian to always have protecting you in high consideration, and giving the wolves free dibs on many other valuable players that are now at lesser odds of being guarded.
                    Coming out as soon as possible has nothing to do with doing anybody favors or revealing information. It's just about locking up the guardian's protection, which should be 100% on the seer every night. No player is more valuable than the seer.

                    Originally posted by alain
                    That's why if I were the seer, I wouldn't come out, in fact, I might even lie about it at first. That's probably why the seer hasn't come out yet, and won't until he has a good reason.

                    That being said, the seer probably isn't a Newb sheep like most of the players that would have followed Talisman's advice to the T.
                    Basically, you're the seer? My money's either on you or tps, anyway.

                    ---

                    The only reason I can think of for sertman's death was that the wolves were thinking that the seer was thinking that the wolves would go for a high value target and thus pick a slightly lower value target. That or sertman told somebody that he was blue and didn't post it. That or xero did it because he and sert weren't getting along. Or it was an attempt to frame xero. Something like that.

                    Comment

                    • X3R0H0UR
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 540

                      #85
                      Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                      ---

                      The only reason I can think of for sertman's death was that the wolves were thinking that the seer was thinking that the wolves would go for a high value target and thus pick a slightly lower value target. That or sertman told somebody that he was blue and didn't post it. That or xero did it because he and sert weren't getting along. Or it was an attempt to frame xero. Something like that.[/QUOTE]

                      me hating sert isn't new, and framing me would be worthless. But if it saves my hide from a lynch I'll keep it, I don't wanna die to yet another lynch.
                      Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                      Comment

                      • X3R0H0UR
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 540

                        #86
                        Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                        quote failed.
                        Gynecologist, Saturday nights only.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #87
                          Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                          12:13

                          Originally posted by alainbryden
                          This leaves the posiblility of either LD, Sertman, or Kilga being the seer, and a lot of people could still be the guardian.
                          12:21
                          Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                          Sertman has been found dead.
                          Am I the only one who found something wierd with this?
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #88
                            Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                            lmao death post

                            they probably thought i was the guardian because i've been one about half the games i play so they figured it was worth a shot

                            in any case i don't have to pay attention to this game anymore woohoo

                            Comment

                            • StoicRoivaS
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2006
                              • 548

                              #89
                              Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                              Gotta safety TPS before the night is over. Heading back to college tomorrow afternoon and if all goes according to plan, I should have internet access when I get there. Basically, he was the first to comment after sert's death that I sort of expected a different comment from. Weak reason, I admit. Hopefully I'll be back on tomorrow evening to reevaluate and revote.
                              Like the moon over
                              the day, my genius and brawn are
                              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                              -Bowser

                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #90
                                Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

                                Each of my first post's have been unique. Pay attention.

                                Comment

                                Working...