TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #841
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    If we did that it would be under the assumptions that A-we where all sure we wanted to lynch lurker and B-we've hit a roadblock in the discussion

    But Zenith is showing me that neither of those are strickly true so it's probably a bad idea as you've said.
    D0 should always be played in the full duration, just a tip.

    EoD is where some people really try so it's always good to sit and wait until people who haven't done much during the phase can summarize their beliefs during the last hour of the phase; imo a bad habit to some.





    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #842
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      Originally posted by _Zenith_
      1. Gradiant

      gaddamn that's some good shit



      2. AragakiAyase

      w e w l a d



      3. XelNya _Zenith_

      aaaaaaaaaaa



      4. reuben_tate

      berd



      5. Charu

      exists for haku



      6. thesunfan

      fucking aaaaaaaa I'm glad you are in this game <3



      7. MixMasterLar

      policy not touching a brand new player in the first phase



      8. dabackpack

      gaddamn bruh



      9. rzr

      you sound like botchi



      10. choof

      ayy lmao



      11. botchi246

      you sound like rzr



      12. Hakulyte

      exists for charu



      13. lucker

      I know you do not want to be in this game whatsoever
      I believe I'm still looking like this lmao





      Comment

      • AragakiAyase
        Waifus
        • Apr 2015
        • 961

        #843
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        I believe I'm still looking like this lmao
        your reads are memes

        pikakirby123 reincarnated





        Comment

        • _Zenith_
          Accuracy Player
          • Mar 2011
          • 4629

          #844
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Originally posted by AragakiAyase
          your reads are memes
          That's the point





          Comment

          • botchi246
            Keepin it Real since '05
            • Mar 2005
            • 619

            #845
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            I think Zenith is a very safe town read. He has bringing some great ideas to the table in such short a time that I think it would be pretty hard to put all this together without some sort of inherent scumminess.

            MML has dug himself a little pit into the wolf's den. I think, even though he is a newbie, he has had some pretty bad comments and was very defensive regarding choof and AA. He has also been backpacking quite a bit, which is prolly what a newb does most of all anyways, considering how I backpacked a lot of the FreezeWars game.
            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            True, but with phrases like "if I where a wolf" and "deal with it" it kind of seems like it is.
            This is a good example after zenith said this exact same thing sans "deal with it".

            AA is a town lean for me and I really think all the votes or future votes for him should be dispelled. This is a bad first day lynch, he is doing his thing, and I like his style.

            Hakulyte is a in a rough place for me. He seems to be attaching significance to posts that do not really matter. For example, the hazing post I made, which was clearly a joke, but I guess he is taking it serious enough to keep thinking about smh
            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I'm not trying to make sense of everything asked to me when I don't feel the need to do so. I still try to respond to most of it.

            I suggest you to ignore all my posts that has "no actual facts" to back up what I say(thats a lot!). I'm clearly trying to bait people just because I can and being ignorant is part of it.
            This post right here is pretty scummy to me. He isn't even trying to defend himself, and even draws attention that he has been posting BS for a lot of the game so far. Ignorance on purpose is scum. Haku is a good scum lean for me, but not a good first day lynch prospect because there is not a whole lot to gain from his flip.

            Lurker is lame. Not a good first day scum lynch, but perhaps a policy lynch. There is not a whole lot to gain from this, but in case we do not lynch him, I really hope he says some more so we can start deducting his real intentions.

            Senior Benguin has some good information in his posts, although in the post below I believe it is a bit forced. I lean towards Choof being town and Haku being more scum. Granted, I have never played with benguin, but I guess he has brief flurries of activity, and maybe he isn't thinking all the way through them. The posts come so fast, that it is hard for me to believe that there aren't any mistakes in them or things he has glossed over in favor of making himself look like he is working hard.

            Originally posted by reuben_tate
            For some reason, I didn't like the interaction between haku and choof regarding the slip up that haku had regarding the role counts. I can't think of a better word, but the back-and-forth between them felt almost artificial. One reason I think is because I interpreted haku's "slip up" as more of just being lazy with semantics. Most of the games on ffr twg (that I've played at least) only have 1 anti-town faction. Also, at this point in game (d0), there isn't much point in considering the dynamics of the various game mechanics. So colloquially lumping both factions as "wolves" at this stage shouldn't be surprising; sure, another term like "anti-town faction members" could have been used but it's a bit more clunky.

            I haven't looked too much into the setup myself, but I want to claim that if choof is an anti-town, then haku is also an anti-town of the same faction. Suppose by proof of motherfucking contradiction that choof is an anti-town and haku doesn't belong to choof's faction. We see that choof "hard" claimed that haku was town; however, it'd be absurd for choof to protect someone that wasn't in his faction, a contradiction. Thus, if choof is anti-town, then haku is anti-town of the same faction.

            Equivalently, if haku doesn't belong to a particular faction, then choof also doesn't belong to that same faction.
            Lumping Haku and choof together is not a terrible idea, but I think that putting them in the same faction is wrong. If anything, they are opposing factions to me like I said above. Benguin is null for me.

            Choof is a pretty solid town read for me as I stated above and before in another post. The thing that solidifies this for me is how hard he came out in the beginning. This is reminiscent of DLGNs play in the FreezeWars and we mislynched him RIP. Definitely, not a good lynch target, not even a good night 2 target for me. Let us keep him alive and see what else he has to say.

            Dabackpack is null for me even though he has had done only a little detective action, but maybe that is only because it is day 1. I like how he called out MML with his two wolf team bit:
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            I can't believe nobody else is considering that lar slipped that he knew that there were two teams
            although I dont really understand how this could be a slip. I think that Lar was just saying something out of stream of thought and dbp attached some needless significance to this post. Maybe he can explain a little bit? Anywho, I like his tone because it is typical of a good dbp town game. DBP is a +null/town toneread for me.

            Rzr, I really have no idea what this guy is doing. I don't have anything to help my reads on him. I await your future posts good sir.
            Originally posted by rzr
            Actually, not fully moot, since you were scum I'd be forced to take Charu's point seriously. He's right - your town meta is more predominantly displayed here thus far
            I am really only quoting this post because it backs me up. I am taking this game seriously and I really want to help my fellow townies out.

            Charu is null for me. He has obviously receded into some sort of dementia with infrequent revelations of character.
            Originally posted by Charu
            ...Wow, those were such a starkingly different type of posts Mr. Benguin made.

            Or maybe it's just weird to see him write curses. I feel like he never does that.
            This quote regarding benguin is well put. It has made me think more about benguins style of posting. Other than that, there has been nothing else for me to help read charu.
            Ill also post this quote because it backs me up as well.
            Originally posted by Charu
            ...Wow, I'm just gonna go ahead and put you at locked clear statis of being a human now.

            This is one of the bests posts you've made.
            I got nothing on Gradiant. Null for me, a good policy lynch for no submissions if we choose to go that route for first lynch.

            thesunfan: I have no idea how this guy plays. He has responded a lot to others posts and not a whole lot of original stuff.
            Originally posted by thesunfan
            I kind of see what people are saying about Town being lazy, like its not even necessarily wrong, but people who are saying that are likely people not doing too much themselves
            #halfashot
            I like this post because it basically made me give forth my reads list. I think that is townie thing to do. I am trying harder so I can set a good example for town. I want to see more reads list, more good questions, and definitely more activity. thesunfan is null/+town for me.

            Ok, so this is what I got. What say you in your defenses?

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5401

              #846
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              rzr must be writing one hell of a post lol
              ​

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #847
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                I'm most interested in why rzr is reading me scum

                the last time he read me scum was when he was trying to push a mislynch on me in the slopefiring game

                there's also something still missing in his posts but I'll wait for his big post to say what it is
                You're on the fence for me, now. It's in the big post, which is complete I'm just tidying it up. I made some comments about where I was going, then I went back to about page 10-15 or so and reread. I saw a little more justification for where you were coming from, giving you back some town points.

                one sec

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • rzr
                  TWG Veteran
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 7608

                  #848
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  rzr must be writing one hell of a post lol
                  it's the reading of a jillion posts that is so time consuming
                  that and I got chewed out for quote walls so I'm trying to keep it sweet and simple (ish)

                  Originally posted by darkshark
                  Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                  Originally posted by aperson
                  i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                  Originally posted by Sprite-
                  More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                  Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                  yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                  i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                  Comment

                  • rzr
                    TWG Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 7608

                    #849
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Even if DaBackPack rolled wolf, he provided enough contribution to this thread to not be currently considered "a potential wolf lynch".
                    This stood out to me as a little odd. What info did he provide that suits you to keep him alive? I haven't even looked at backpack not once, I will after this, but last game you said you thought it would be better top lynch people who would yield more information.

                    =================

                    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                    I don't like how reuben proposed we lynch choof or haku to confirm the other. they're both pretty town this game, but using flips to confirm other people is bad at this point in the game. we should wait for night actions before lynching based off of flips. and this is why we should kill lurker, or botchi/rzr/MML today
                    This too leaves me with a sour feeling. When Haku first started saying me and botchi are his biggest suspicions AA was the only one to call Haku out and say why are those "obvious lynches."

                    Now, Haku says me being neutral is okay, though I don't know if that's because of analyzing other people or just dropping a suspicion on me.
                    But, more importantly, it feels like massive self-pres from AA, I'll have to backtrack and see if he had any suspicions on Lurker to begin with. I also don't understand what town seems to gain information-wise with me, lurker, or botchi dead, since we seem to have the least interactions. Though I don't have any true suspects yet myself either.

                    ==============

                    at this point, I went back to the start (ish)
                    ==============

                    Originally posted by botchi246
                    i hope the fruit vendor sends me a nice juicy fruit! that role is awesome xD

                    charu and AA arent on a weird fake wolf team this time. I think one of them might be a special role
                    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                    what makes you say this? you certainly shouldn't know this

                    botchi
                    I don't like botchi trying to call out a pr, but he may have just been saying since AA and Charu aren't acting as jokingly compatible (when idt either of them were actually scum last game??), which I think is a very fair point.
                    And AA's reaction saying " you shouldn't know this," that sits with me wrong.

                    =================

                    Originally posted by botchi246
                    i hope the fruit vendor sends me a nice juicy fruit! that role is awesome xD

                    charu and AA arent on a weird fake wolf team this time. I think one of them might be a special role
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    I'm instantly suspicious of people calling out reuben for inactivity

                    choof said it first, but then AA and Haku went after that low-hanging fruit

                    not that he doesn't need to post, but calling him out is not going to earn town points despite being "pro-town"
                    Unless he's going for a distraction and ben is scum, but I don't think a wolf dbp would be so open about this, it's good town points in my book

                    Originally posted by botchi246
                    i hope the fruit vendor sends me a nice juicy fruit! that role is awesome xD

                    charu and AA arent on a weird fake wolf team this time. I think one of them might be a special role
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    going to make this more specific

                    why are charu and AA not on a wolf team?
                    This works for me, but it puts another nail in botchi.

                    ==========


                    This post reassures me a bit about AA going back to the null/town side. His reasons for looking at me make a lot more sense than I thought they did originally. Though I still stand by what I said and AA had his own bout of "if I were a wolf" after coming at me for saying it lol. I don't see this post as scummy from AA.

                    ================


                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    Yo.

                    Just, the way he's reaponding. That's the vibe I'm getting atm.
                    This does not seem genuine to me at all. I hope he expands on it.

                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    I'll concede that your probably more on point with this

                    Do you recommend I unvote him?
                    And he didn't. Is this like reverse sheeping?

                    Originally posted by choof
                    if you choose to answer anything at all, lar

                    what is your read on AA
                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    Except I already kind of addressed it tbh. No point in me going on about it so I won't.

                    But hey, speaking of wolfy things, revenge-votes is all the more reason to suspect Choof since he'll know I'm not on his side and I'm just as good as of a target as any townfolk.
                    Not feeling the love, he's clearly not trying, and the next post he just says he's leaving (life).

                    ==========

                    Originally posted by choof
                    would you like me to link multiple games that will cement into your brain my town meta vs my wolf meta?
                    Yes, please.
                    ============

                    Originally posted by botchi246
                    Who is relevant lurker
                    I could ask you the same thing.

                    =============

                    This post http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=476
                    I just want to comment on since everyone has mentioned in in one way or another: I was saying I don't think Charu is a wolf, and I know I'm not. I wanted to see who actually thought Charu and I were serious and gauge their reactions, specifically about Charu.
                    =========

                    Originally posted by botchi246
                    Lies
                    So what do you think of Sunfan this game?

                    Originally posted by darkshark
                    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                    Originally posted by aperson
                    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                    Originally posted by Sprite-
                    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                    Comment

                    • rzr
                      TWG Veteran
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 7608

                      #850
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      I'm pretty comfy with that. Not as organized as I wanted, but I wanna get a reads list up while this is all still fresh in my mind.

                      Originally posted by darkshark
                      Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                      Originally posted by aperson
                      i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                      Originally posted by Sprite-
                      More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                      Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                      yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                      i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                      Comment

                      • choof
                        Banned
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 8563

                        #851
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Originally posted by rzr


                        Yes, please.
                        town game


                        wolf game, bowser


                        sunfan can probably remember games better than I can, I don't remember the actual names of the games I've played thus far

                        Comment

                        • MixMasterLar
                          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 5401

                          #852
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          Originally posted by botchi246

                          MML has dug himself a little pit into the wolf's den. I think, even though he is a newbie, he has had some pretty bad comments and was very defensive regarding choof and AA. He has also been backpacking quite a bit, which is prolly what a newb does most of all anyways, considering how I backpacked a lot of the FreezeWars game.

                          This is a good example after zenith said this exact same thing


                          Ok, so this is what I got. What say you in your defenses?

                          To be fair, I feel you are taking that quote a little out of context as Zenith mealy beat me to it. I think posting reads under the assumption of "it's a town thing to do" after alot of people have commented that you seem scummy in theirs is a better example of backpacking, although you re still TBD for me.
                          ​

                          Comment

                          • botchi246
                            Keepin it Real since '05
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 619

                            #853
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Rzr that.fake wolf team was from the bastard game. They were going back.and forth about being.on a wolf team. It was just banter

                            Comment

                            • rzr
                              TWG Veteran
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 7608

                              #854
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              What do you think about sunfan, botchi? And who do you think is relevant as far as a good candidate or so for today?

                              Originally posted by darkshark
                              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                              Originally posted by Sprite-
                              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                              Comment

                              • botchi246
                                Keepin it Real since '05
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 619

                                #855
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                I did post my read list. Did you read them?

                                Comment

                                Working...