TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rzr
    TWG Veteran
    • Oct 2007
    • 7608

    #916
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Also, it doesn't matter if you meant it as self pres or not.

    It's how I took it. I commented on why it made you in a scummy light for me. Just like YoshL was saying to me, your words aren't always taken the way you intend them. I saw you jumping from one suspect to another, then settling on who had the most votes, as self pres.

    Originally posted by darkshark
    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
    Originally posted by aperson
    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

    Originally posted by Sprite-
    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #917
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      Originally posted by rzr
      Glad to see you're paying attention to looking for scum and not your usual narrow minded tunnel vision. These two quotes are why I'm not bothering to reply to you. I read everything that comes out of your keyboard because it's relevant to the game and analyzing you as a player. If you can't be bother to do the same then I'm literally wasting my time talking to you.
      Zenith, you have a knack for looking at things from a certain POV and sticking with that. It's detrimental to this game if you're actually interested in the changing opinions and fluxuation of the game.

      yeahh.. nothing personal fyi, just don't think you're worth talking to if you don't think I'm worth a thought either
      I won't apologize that you and botchi are literally the same person and extremely easy to read without much inspecting.

      I have to sit down and try for a solid 20 minutes in pure isolation to determine reads on harder players, but with you two I could spend a few minutes of skimming and understand what you are through your own dialogue.

      To me you coming back with more, lengthier posts slightly hints you are trying way too hard after a shitty start. #SorryNotSorry





      Comment

      • rzr
        TWG Veteran
        • Oct 2007
        • 7608

        #918
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        did you say you still had more analysis to do? I missed that

        I'll say it again, but my issue is that you don't seem to be following up very strongly on all of your observations. For the most part, you make them and then leave them. It's more summary than analysis and the latter is what we need to see. anyone can summarize something but the content of your analysis and your reasons for making certain conclusions are what help to determine your alignment

        I think you're scummy because I'm not seeing any paranoia/doubt in your posts. You seem much more sure of yourself and comfortable in your reads which I don't remember seeing in any of your town games. In your town games you always have at least one wild tinfoil scenario. I also don't see your usual incessant questioning in an attempt to get reads on people and gather information, you only question/probe when pressured. (I said most of this in an earlier post)
        Well, amigo, I think relying on meta to pin anything alignment indicative on me is a bad idea. I, admittedly, try to change my meta on a constant basis as I feel misunderstood.

        I appreciate you making that a little more clear. I am by no means more confident in this game btw, just bored with the same routine. I read, analyze, post, and get told every read I have is scummy lol. I'm not saying it's happening now - I'm saying there's no point in trying to reinforce my thoughts when the more I push them the more "wrong" they become in public eye (though I've had plenty of times I've accused people of being a role they actually were, and that applies to all of us).

        As far as my tinfoil, I'm surprised you're not seeing it. I'm not well versed with the set up, it confused me, so I removed role based thoughts from my tactics and moved it towards aligment based.

        And on the analysis note, I didn't sit here for 4 hours putting this together because I wasn't analyzing. I think you guys just don't look at what I say as analyzing because you guys do it different than me. If you want a certain format for analysis please let me know, otherwise I'll continue with quote walls, comments, and reads lists. Gaah!

        Originally posted by darkshark
        Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
        Originally posted by aperson
        i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

        Originally posted by Sprite-
        More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
        yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

        i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

        Comment

        • AragakiAyase
          Waifus
          • Apr 2015
          • 961

          #919
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          So my updated reads list at this point:

          Gradiant: Null/slight town lean, he hasn't done much but when he has posted he's seemed convicted and like he's intensely scumhunting

          Zenith: null/slight town lean, xel did a bunch of shitposting but he had some questions here and there, I've seen nothing wolfy from zenith

          reuben: scum lean for proposing that we lynch choof/haku (which shouldn't happen today, probably shouldn't happen ever) on a weak premise (flips confirming others), someone pointed this out already but his tone seems a bit different from previous town games

          charu: null I have no idea

          sunfan: pretty null, he's been asking a lot of questions and chiming in on things but I feel like his own opinions are somewhat lacking

          MML: started out real scummy, is a bit better now, don't want to lynch today

          dbp: started out pretty strong, has dropped off today, pretty null

          rzr: scummy for reasons I've stated multiple times; lack of paranoia/doubt, much more confidence than normal, lack of questioning/detective work. even when pressured he seems less defensive than normal (more defensive as town)

          choof: probably never lynch

          botchi: probably never lynch

          haku: pretty town

          lurker: kill

          tldr;

          don't lynch: haku, choof, botchi, zenith

          maybe lynch: MML (not today), ben, sunfan, backpack, charu, jake

          lynch: rzr, lurker

          pikakirby123 reincarnated





          Comment

          • rzr
            TWG Veteran
            • Oct 2007
            • 7608

            #920
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Zenith, you say you can read my so easily, what am I? And why do you have whatever opinion you come to conclude?

            Originally posted by darkshark
            Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
            Originally posted by aperson
            i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

            Originally posted by Sprite-
            More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
            yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

            i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

            Comment

            • _Zenith_
              Accuracy Player
              • Mar 2011
              • 4629

              #921
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              AA is sliding straight outta null into a town lean this phase.

              He isn't rolling over when someone confronts him and imo that's a town quality moreso than a wolf who'd likely disassociate themselves with confrontation.





              Comment

              • AragakiAyase
                Waifus
                • Apr 2015
                • 961

                #922
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                I'm not looking for a certain format rzr, I'm looking for you to state what your conclusions are. I can't read your mind, you've said a lot of stuff but don't seem to have a clear diretction

                pikakirby123 reincarnated





                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #923
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Originally posted by rzr
                  Zenith, you say you can read my so easily, what am I? And why do you have whatever opinion you come to conclude?
                  You are probably what you have been the last few games, a severely misconstrued townie.





                  Comment

                  • rzr
                    TWG Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 7608

                    #924
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    I think the chances of AA being scummy are getting higher:

                    I like the sentiment saying you prefer to lynch wolves than to lynch for information, but that would imply you think directly lurker and myself are scum. I've heard your comments on me, why lurker? I've commented on my lurker thoughts about how I don't think he's acting towny, but I can see him being town easily and the wagon against him being scummier than the man it's on

                    Originally posted by darkshark
                    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                    Originally posted by aperson
                    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                    Originally posted by Sprite-
                    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #925
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      DBP, be analytical and come join this debacle of words :^ )

                      This is me inviting you to join conversation because I need more information to further influence a read so I'm not paranoid.





                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #926
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Willing to bet 10,000 credits that lurker flips town when lynched/killed.





                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #927
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          rzr is playing like me. He's still trying to build his own meta and that makes him inconsistent with himself.

                          AA is playing town hard and is trying to get more information constantly to help his own read and the game at same time.

                          I think you two are clashing with each others for the wrong reasons.

                          I want more DBP input as well if possible.

                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #928
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Originally posted by rzr
                            I think the chances of AA being scummy are getting higher:

                            I like the sentiment saying you prefer to lynch wolves than to lynch for information, but that would imply you think directly lurker and myself are scum. I've heard your comments on me, why lurker? I've commented on my lurker thoughts about how I don't think he's acting towny, but I can see him being town easily and the wagon against him being scummier than the man it's on
                            l m f a o

                            lurker isn't doing shit, all he's done is throw a few random votes around and is currently sitting on me

                            zenith meta on him says he's VT but I don't buy it

                            also notice that I haven't actually voted him because iirc he's still at L-2. how does anything you pointed out make me scummier?

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • rzr
                              TWG Veteran
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 7608

                              #929
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Originally posted by _Zenith_
                              You are probably what you have been the last few games, a severely misconstrued townie.
                              Interesting. Than why do you want to lynch me?
                              To eliminate town?

                              Originally posted by _Zenith_
                              I only state that imo lurker will flip VT and you and botchi are failsafe lynches.
                              These 2 statement directly contradict each other, unless a) you want me lynched for personal reasons or b) you actually think eliminating town from PoE's pov is beneficial. And that's assuming you're town, which at this point I am not assuming that

                              it's not - any human will say the more green around the better, regardless of inactivity or such.

                              Originally posted by darkshark
                              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                              Originally posted by Sprite-
                              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                              Comment

                              • AragakiAyase
                                Waifus
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 961

                                #930
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                Originally posted by _Zenith_
                                Willing to bet 10,000 credits that lurker flips town when lynched/killed.
                                we can kill rzr today if you want

                                pikakirby123 reincarnated





                                Comment

                                Working...