TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AragakiAyase
    Waifus
    • Apr 2015
    • 961

    #1036
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    for 2nd most posts in the game I get the sense that there's been a lot of commentary/joking

    pikakirby123 reincarnated





    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #1037
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      when has DBP EVER, and I do actually mean EVER, been unreadable?
      He;s muddied for me now because he learned how to successfully play anti-human with team mates.

      Oh, I guess that's a read, huh?

      OOPS


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #1038
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        I think sunfan's reads are weak and don't have much substance
        Reads with substance in this phase doesn't really exist, mister floofy bro.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #1039
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Originally posted by thesunfan
          when has DBP EVER, and I do actually mean EVER, been unreadable?
          I've been looking through your posts but can't find anything, who's wolfing to you?


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #1040
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Originally posted by AragakiAyase
            for 2nd most posts in the game I get the sense that there's been a lot of commentary/joking
            ninja'd

            the last I can find is you being neutral on botchi


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • AragakiAyase
              Waifus
              • Apr 2015
              • 961

              #1041
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              Originally posted by Charu
              Reads with substance in this phase doesn't really exist, mister floofy bro.
              I disagree mister floofy bro

              and even if you want to argue that they don't have substance this phase, some reads are stronger and more well-reasoned than others

              pikakirby123 reincarnated





              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #1042
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                besides lurker


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • AragakiAyase
                  Waifus
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 961

                  #1043
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  can't meta greg because sadly (he'll be pleased to know that) I can't read him that well at this point

                  but I don't like his post:content ratio and general white noise

                  pikakirby123 reincarnated





                  Comment

                  • thesunfan
                    Role Tide
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • May 2011
                    • 10859

                    #1044
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                    I think sunfan's reads are weak and don't have much substance
                    pick the ones that don't have enough meat for you and I'll elaborate
                    I feel better about the game than I did before. I don't have a meaty-read on you, though
                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                    Originally posted by star-crossed
                    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #1045
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      Remember my post where I said it's my first game with X,Y,Z players and that my calls may be most likely wrong with them?

                      Well, this applies to this.

                      DBP may not be unreadable to others, but I can't read him myself properly yet.

                      That being said he provided some calls so, I'm done with him.

                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #1046
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        can't meta greg because sadly (he'll be pleased to know that) I can't read him that well at this point

                        but I don't like his post:content ratio and general white noise
                        I think my post-content ratio is pretty high but agree to disagree.
                        static will never stop, though.
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #1047
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          Originally posted by _Zenith_
                          To some present in this game, but yes DBP has never been unreadable
                          now, naturally, this leads you to assume that he might be, y'know, not vanilla town?
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #1048
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            pick the ones that don't have enough meat for you and I'll elaborate
                            I feel better about the game than I did before. I don't have a meaty-read on you, though
                            I just get the sense that you don't feel very strongly on anyone so give reads please

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • AragakiAyase
                              Waifus
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 961

                              #1049
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              to quote a certain someone

                              "I don't prefer to iso this early in the game"

                              pikakirby123 reincarnated





                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #1050
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                acting un-enthusiastic is not a trait only vanilla town's have. this read is, honestly, pretty silly I think, especially considering this is lurker we're talking about.
                                I also want to expand that read a little further:

                                Could you see a PR/Wolf/Third-Party (even though TP doesn't exist in this game unless it was rolled in the chances) being un-enthusiastic? Do you disagree that it would draw attention to the player? Can you quote some posts that make you feel otherwise?

                                This actually isn't an expansion on the read but more questions with the influence of the read so I can get a proper understanding of your point.





                                Comment

                                Working...