TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thesunfan
    Role Tide
    Sectional Moderator
    • May 2011
    • 10859

    #2521
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

    @AA I didn't elaborate on why I felt like you pocketed me for a few reasons

    1) I don't have much on it beyond a feeling. I talked about it earlier where I compared myself to Dlgn in the freeze wars when he was talking to you trying to reason with you because he thought not only that you were town but an intelligent town. The way you're responding to some things this game feels not stupid or anything like that but... different. What scum has to say, and fiction/v taught me this when I was a youngin', is inherently going to come across as weird to an experienced player BECAUSE they are lying and don't believe what they're saying. Some stuff that you're saying this game rubs me ever so slightly the wrong way, like you don't believe what you're saying. Some of the stuff you're saying, and I'll feel bad if you're town for saying this because if you're town I think you're playing this game slightly better than I am, is a bit beneath you as a player.

    2) I wanted to see if you'd get frustrated. You kinda did, but not as much as I expected. Oh well, it was mainly the first reason
    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
    Originally posted by star-crossed
    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #2522
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      @DBP, I know you outted with good intentions, I don't think you're a saboteur or anything like that.

      But you fucked up. Don't do what you did. It ruins games.
      This is just over the top on being harsh, imo.

      I don't consider this game ruined because he outed as a wolf.





      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #2523
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

        I also hadn't reread yet and I wanna do that before I expand on most of my reads.
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #2524
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

          i'm feeling pretty crushed atm


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • AragakiAyase
            Waifus
            • Apr 2015
            • 961

            #2525
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

            Originally posted by thesunfan
            @AA I didn't elaborate on why I felt like you pocketed me for a few reasons

            1) I don't have much on it beyond a feeling. I talked about it earlier where I compared myself to Dlgn in the freeze wars when he was talking to you trying to reason with you because he thought not only that you were town but an intelligent town. The way you're responding to some things this game feels not stupid or anything like that but... different. What scum has to say, and fiction/v taught me this when I was a youngin', is inherently going to come across as weird to an experienced player BECAUSE they are lying and don't believe what they're saying. Some stuff that you're saying this game rubs me ever so slightly the wrong way, like you don't believe what you're saying. Some of the stuff you're saying, and I'll feel bad if you're town for saying this because if you're town I think you're playing this game slightly better than I am, is a bit beneath you as a player.

            2) I wanted to see if you'd get frustrated. You kinda did, but not as much as I expected. Oh well, it was mainly the first reason
            1) that's lame and you're going to feel bad

            2) I didn't get that frustrated because it seemed like you had left for the night and you've withheld info from me multiple times before so it's kind of whatever now

            pikakirby123 reincarnated





            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #2526
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

              Originally posted by _Zenith_
              This is just over the top on being harsh, imo.

              I don't consider this game ruined because he outed as a wolf.
              Its against the very fiber of the game. This game runs on the wolves not outing themselves so that town has to catch them. There should be an aura of mystery to just about any lynch/kill. Yes, things like redchecks happen, but the cop can be lying there can be millers etc. Its very rare (and, in my opinion, dumb) that something like an oracle reveals a player and 100% town knows the alignment of a player (Innocent Child is excluded from this).

              If wolves claim, TWG just isn't TWG. Its something else entirely.

              Sorry if I was harsh, I've said I'm going to stop talking to him like I am, but I am pretty disappointed in him.
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • AragakiAyase
                Waifus
                • Apr 2015
                • 961

                #2527
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                also sunfan I know you have to reread to get your reads again but where exactly is some of this stuff that rubs you the wrong way? is it early on in the game? later?

                pikakirby123 reincarnated





                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #2528
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  Its against the very fiber of the game. This game runs on the wolves not outing themselves so that town has to catch them. There should be an aura of mystery to just about any lynch/kill. Yes, things like redchecks happen, but the cop can be lying there can be millers etc. Its very rare (and, in my opinion, dumb) that something like an oracle reveals a player and 100% town knows the alignment of a player (Innocent Child is excluded from this).

                  If wolves claim, TWG just isn't TWG. Its something else entirely.

                  Sorry if I was harsh, I've said I'm going to stop talking to him like I am, but I am pretty disappointed in him.
                  I wouldn't do this if there wasn't another wolf team out there, even if there was a serial killer


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • AragakiAyase
                    Waifus
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 961

                    #2529
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    Its against the very fiber of the game.
                    I think this applies in general *but* I think this setup offers some very interesting mechanics due to the potential 2 wolf teams (which we seem to have here) so I don't think DBP outing in this particular setup is as bad as you seem to think it is

                    but it's irrelevant at this point

                    pikakirby123 reincarnated





                    Comment

                    • AragakiAyase
                      Waifus
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 961

                      #2530
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                      Originally posted by DaBackpack
                      I wouldn't do this if there wasn't another wolf team out there, even if there was a serial killer
                      oh look I got ninjad

                      pikakirby123 reincarnated





                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #2531
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        i'm feeling pretty crushed atm
                        I'm sorry. I don't want you to feel sad, but some of the things I've said probably can make you feel that way. I *hate* saying this too normally, but we can talk after the game or something if you want. You just can't do what you did.

                        For real though, I'll stop now.

                        Gonna hang out with someone from college (rare for me I know), I've gotta go shopping sometime today and shit so I probably won't start rereading until tonight.
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #2532
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                          Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                          also sunfan I know you have to reread to get your reads again but where exactly is some of this stuff that rubs you the wrong way? is it early on in the game? later?
                          all through the game
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #2533
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            all through the game
                            like, not every single post or anything crazy like that, but I've felt this way for a good bit. There was something you said at some point that put you way up on my reads list but I don't remember what it was and I'm hoping to go over it again later.
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • AragakiAyase
                              Waifus
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 961

                              #2534
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                              Originally posted by thesunfan
                              all through the game
                              alright this doesn't fly with something I remember let me go dig it up

                              pikakirby123 reincarnated





                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #2535
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                I wouldn't do this if there wasn't another wolf team out there, even if there was a serial killer
                                I kind of don't want to talk about it anymore. Its not the worst thing I've ever seen someone do, not even close.
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...