TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rzr
    TWG Veteran
    • Oct 2007
    • 7608

    #2746
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

    Now this is interesting - I thought Zenith would act more aggressive towards botchi, seems he's giving him a chance first. Like.. bait?

    Originally posted by darkshark
    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
    Originally posted by aperson
    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

    Originally posted by Sprite-
    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #2747
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

      If botchi uses self-meta against me I might replace out





      Comment

      • rzr
        TWG Veteran
        • Oct 2007
        • 7608

        #2748
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

        I'm tempted to call out MML's argument - seems very hastily put together and he's not working with new thoughts, mostly just going with the flow or in other words "telling us what we want to hear."
        But I think people realize it's garbage that's why it hasn't gained any traction

        sorry, I skipped over that when I was catching up and wanted to address it one way or another - back to creeping on Gradiant now

        Originally posted by darkshark
        Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
        Originally posted by aperson
        i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

        Originally posted by Sprite-
        More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
        yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

        i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

        Comment

        • _Zenith_
          Accuracy Player
          • Mar 2011
          • 4629

          #2749
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

          Originally posted by rzr
          I'm tempted to call out MML's argument - seems very hastily put together and he's not working with new thoughts, mostly just going with the flow or in other words "telling us what we want to hear."
          But I think people realize it's garbage that's why it hasn't gained any traction

          sorry, I skipped over that when I was catching up and wanted to address it one way or another - back to creeping on Gradiant now
          MML is displaying confidence as a newer player against botchi; I have no other reason to believe that it is entirely pure as are most of his posts because this is his first game.

          His other reads might be flimsy or tinfoil but he seems extremely confident (putting 100% on the DBP/Botchi pair) with botchi dying.





          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #2750
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

            reads probably not this phase. I though my Mandarin was due Thursday but its due tonight so I gotta do that. Also getting my fingerprints taken after school for my background check so I'm probably gonna be too busy to reread. I \might\ have a little time to catch up before the phase ends, and I'll def be here when it ends, but I'm not going to be able to do much else, I think, sorry guys.

            I understand that I said I would be doing things and that it hurts the game when people aren't able to follow up, but there's nothing I can really do.

            Just real quick again I'll say that we should 100% always lynch DBP today no questions asked. After that I'm still suspicious of Gradiant, and I'm kicking rzr out of my town circle, which right now is comprised of
            lurker
            red
            Zenith
            I do want to leave botchi in here but I need to decide how much I really like the bigger post he made earlier (and I encourage AA to look back at it too)
            and I don't think AA is a good lynch aorn, I still have mixed feelings about him and if he dies tonight I'll let out a sigh of relief most likely.

            Already talked about Gradiant and I really don't know what to make of rzr's reactions. I think I wouldn't cry if rzr got lynched this game. MML only had town voting for him last phase at EOD so that's not a good look for him. Zenith I also want to look at again but probably won't have the chance to and in order to wolfread him I have to accept a very large change in his meta, which is not impossible, especially considering his posts feel a bit different (read, usually a bit nicer and less aggressive overall) than his previous games.

            Very much not sure about the last two people on my town list if I die tonight or something don't let them use the defense of "sunfan was townreading me" or any shit like that, please, unless I change my mind.

            pce
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #2751
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

              or rather, probably not going to reread shit this phase*
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #2752
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                Originally posted by _Zenith_
                MML is displaying confidence as a newer player against botchi; I have no other reason to believe that it is entirely pure as are most of his posts because this is his first game.

                His other reads might be flimsy or tinfoil but he seems extremely confident (putting 100% on the DBP/Botchi pair) with botchi dying.
                Meta is a funny thing, isn't it.
                AA was giving me shit for sounding too confident lol

                I didn't doubt his read on botchi - I think after Red Blaster dropped that quote wall it sealed botchi's fate mostly. The thing is, assuming they are partners or such, he's trying to use what he knows is his last time to take down the opposite faction (I'd hope, I mean the alternative being to just screw with town). So what I'm saying is botchi's process here is very much worth paying attention to - as is dbp's like we'd all said. I was reffering to whatever the hell MML was trying to say about mt - he's had a scum read on me for "being inactive" and hasn't shaken it one bit. I mean I get what it's like to lock on to someone as a suspect, but with the information surrounding other people like Gradiant who "doesn't stick out" I would expect more of a read.

                How can you say your suspicious of one person for being inactive while saying you think someone else is town for the same thing, someone that has more against them then just being inactive for a day. I still haven't gotten to this iso on Gradiant though

                This game just feels so unfair balance wise now

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5401

                  #2753
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                  Not to defend Gradaint after be tried to get me killed, but his wanting to kill me over Ben was more him not being sure he wanted to take a chance on Ben the. Anything. His reasoning was that he might as well vote the new guy all things being equal. But then Ben started acting shady as fuck so yeah.

                  If you want a reason to suspect him over EOD events then ypu should probably look into how he was perfectly ok lynching a town and how easy he was just switching over and lynching Ben when that fad was all the rage.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • rzr
                    TWG Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 7608

                    #2754
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                    No offense Greg, but that seems like a weak attempt to keep my name in the running still. You're didn't clarify or justify anything in regards to me, but you did to everyone else. Seems like a nice set up for scum going into tomorrow to get an easy lynch off me

                    Originally posted by darkshark
                    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                    Originally posted by aperson
                    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                    Originally posted by Sprite-
                    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5401

                      #2755
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                      Also I'm back to phone posting so sorry about all that.
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • rzr
                        TWG Veteran
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 7608

                        #2756
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                        why is this a fucking thing?

                        Originally posted by darkshark
                        Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                        Originally posted by aperson
                        i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                        Originally posted by Sprite-
                        More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                        yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                        i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                        Comment

                        • rzr
                          TWG Veteran
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 7608

                          #2757
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          Also I'm back to phone posting so sorry about all that.
                          Hiiii

                          Can you give some reasoning behind your scum read on me besides being inactive for a day?

                          Originally posted by darkshark
                          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                          Originally posted by aperson
                          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                          Originally posted by Sprite-
                          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                          Comment

                          • _Zenith_
                            Accuracy Player
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 4629

                            #2758
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                            I'll address why I am seemingly flustered:

                            DBP tilted the fuck out of me when he outed, alongside choof who outed and then replaced out. DBP reminds me of when I was a confirmed wolf and had no other choice to out and stay confirmed an entire phase. Needless to say I fabricated as much information while I was outed and alive, and it's what I'm fearful that DBP will do as he still hasn't done a lick of the proposed hunting even though he is admitting being irl busy so I'm still giving him the chance to do something by the time EoD strikes today.

                            The need to address this was brought up due to players thinking this is a good reason to scumread me when it is the exact opposite.





                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5401

                              #2759
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                              RZR - Gradiant doesn't stick out to me the same as he is apparently sticking out to those who have played with him before. I concede that's probably my lack of experience making that call but seriously what do you want me to say?

                              For right now all I can confidently do is just monitor people's post and judge for myself. I know you guys think that's scummy but what the devil are you expecting of me? To me y'all all acting weird from your normal FFR selves.

                              Also I'm a little salty that I'm still hearing "Lar doesn't add anything" when it was I baiting those quotes from botchi you love so much but *shrugs* whatever. I straight up called their bullshit and found DBP's partner for you guys. Why won't senpai notice me?!
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5401

                                #2760
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (People have Died. D2)

                                sorry getting ninja'd

                                Originally posted by rzr
                                Hiiii

                                Can you give some reasoning behind your scum read on me besides being inactive for a day?
                                Sure.

                                You seemed to lay low when Charu was throwing your name around but when he stopped/died then you re active. Really seems like you just wanted to avoid any and all heat to me.

                                Nothing you've posted really has offset that for me yet. Not going to be super shocked if I'm wrong on you but I can't seem to find anyone to take your spot on the list either. I know a solid third of that list are 100% town (AA Lurker RB) and two are solid wolves....the rest is to be sorted.
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...