TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #121
    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

    oh cool it is day 1

    brb reading thread and finding all the wolves

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #122
      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

      Originally posted by dumb people
      omg what if the seers overlap their seerings??
      what why is this even a concern

      The only reason both seers would check out the same person is that they're especially suspicious. If they're a red, awesome! We caught a wolf! If they're not a wolf, uhh... that's still better than if the seers got negative checks on two different people.

      Think about it. If someone's suspicious enough to be double-targetted, both Seers having a green result on that person isn't actually useless information. There's a Master Wolf in the game - if someone is seered green but mysteriously lives until late game and everyone finds them suspicious, either they're the MW or the Seer has a useful point of reference for understanding player relationships.

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • Tokzic
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 6878

        #123
        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

        xiz has been making lots of dumb sounds thus far so i am going to turn up the heat on him a few degrees with bold typeface and see if he sweats at all

        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

        Comment

        • jwcgator
          RIP ffrtokens
          • May 2005
          • 2221

          #124
          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

          Hey guys, R.I.P Manticore :'(

          I miss out of thread chatting. Not only doe that limit the amount of strategizing that citizens can do, but it also puts a noose around the necks of the seers. Used to be seer could just contact the person he seered blue/green and go from there.

          That being said, I don't think it's a good idea to "vote" on who we want to be seered, I think they should work autonomously until they have enough information to risk their lives telling it. It's a risk because we don't know if manticore was a seer or not, but this whole game is risky due to the fact that we can't really make alliances or even talk outside of the game. If the majority of people want someone to be seered.. that means we should probably just vote them out. Time is of the essence and we can't waste our time allowing citizens/werewolves to alter the decision making of the blues.

          If a seer sees someone as green/blue, they should probably weigh what they say more heavily than the others but still stick to their own volition.

          Comment

          • Riotpolice
            "Reach For The Stars"
            • Nov 2010
            • 1921

            #125
            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

            Alright so reading through this thread, I came to a safe conclusion. Xiz, you seem to really want to know who the seers are...this is just how it's coming off from my perspective. I don't know if you are trying to make yourself sound like that, but that's just how it's sounding to me. The way you're handling your posts seems to be very.....suspicious......

            Originally posted by Tokzic
            xiz has been making lots of dumb sounds...i am going to turn up the heat on him a few degrees with bold typeface and see if he sweats at all
            I think he's sweating a little now...

            On another note:
            Originally posted by YoshL
            once again, is it bad that they seer the same target?

            overlap isn't bad. It's a safety net that can be used in case of a wolfing or lynch before the seer can post their findings.
            If the seer's both seer a single person or two different people, there really is no "good" or "bad". I really think it's just based on personal preference. You're right in saying that overlap isn't a bad thing. But neither is seering two targets at once. So you really can't say for a fact whether seering one or two targets is "good" or "bad".
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

            Originally posted by m0de
            im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #126
              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

              Golly, it sure is easy getting xiz out of the way this first day. This is quite a big bandwagon forming. Perhaps a wolf or two hopped on somewhere?


              HMMMMMMMMM

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #127
                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                If you all really think I'm a wolf, then I fucking dare you, keep your vote for me.
                I stick by my opinions. I will not change them. I still feel like that's right. Because you know, conflicting opinions is apparently looked down upon this game.

                But once i'm dead, just take note who voted for me thus far.

                Comment

                • jwcgator
                  RIP ffrtokens
                  • May 2005
                  • 2221

                  #128
                  Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                  Don't forget, one of the seers has a one-shot vigi that he can use if he seers someone red. That in itself is powerful. The other seer is a bodyguard, so I'm thinking if we can make it to day 3 with both seers in tact, they can both come out with their seerings and hopefully we can get a few wolves that way

                  If SOMEHOW we make it to day 2 or 3 without the werewolves identifying or murdering a seer/doctor, they can use their powers on each other to extend their usefulness. E.G. Seer/bodyguard guards Seer/Vigi, doctor uses his one time doctoring on Seer/bodyguard to make sure he doesn't die, and then roleblocks someone not of those two.

                  I would rather not lynch anyone today, but Xiz is acting like a non-blue player so it might be a safe lynch regardless. I just don't want to quickly lower the pool of greens, makes for greater chance of wolves nailing a blue.

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #129
                    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                    Okay since I need to spell it out for you all, here is more in depth reasoning to my thinking:


                    There is no red miller. That's huge, especially for seers. Granted, the MW can't be found by the seers, and really for him it's a manhunt. That's pretty much what it boils down to. I hope Dr. Cock Blocker can focus on who could be the master wolf and block him as soon as possible.


                    Therefor, there is no need for a 'confirmation' seering. Like, the ONLY good exchange I can think of is you kill a blue for 2 reds. Then, (assuming dr.blocker) is still alive to protect we can kill the 3rd once it's found.



                    Seer everyone right down the list. Start with #1. Or #16. Or fucking #8 for all I care. But let's get everyone covered as soon as possible while we still have all the blues.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #130
                      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                      Originally posted by jwcgator
                      I would rather not lynch anyone today, but Xiz is acting like a non-blue player so it might be a safe lynch regardless. I just don't want to quickly lower the pool of greens, makes for greater chance of wolves nailing a blue.
                      I could very still be a blue. Or, the red shaman.

                      Don't count me out of any category.

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #131
                        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                        tokzic

                        Comment

                        • pntballa18
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3357

                          #132
                          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                          I agree with Xiz on this one. It's not absolutely terrible if someone gets seered twice, but it's inefficient. It means we have to wait one more phase for everyone to be seered. If we can at all avoid it (which we can, there have been a few ideas floating around about how to do this), then it would benefit us.

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #133
                            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                            toxciziwhejahsjdajdssawoewiqjeiqw or however you spell your name, too lazy to open another tab and find out, seems weird to me that you posted a rather snippy post about the people whom Xiz was fending off, then posted a vote for Xiz in the next post. Not gonna vote for you, since I think RSD is far more suspicious at this point, but were you just posting as you read, before posting all at once?
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • Krauthammer
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2012
                              • 362

                              #134
                              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                              Well, there is the advatange of both seerings being in different phases. The Enforcer in the Night, the Inspector in the Day.

                              I doubt that in the first two phases, both will seer the same person, but maybe the next phases one should be more careful.

                              I think that there should be a seering vote in the first day. And make the Inspector, and the Inspector only, to seer that person. And the Enforcer seers anybody else besides the person public chooses.

                              It is a plan that isn't complicated, I think it could work. Really, what chances are of we choosing to seer the person the Enforcer seered on Night 1?

                              Leaving that aside, I don't really think Xiz is a wolf, but therefore, I submit a seering vote for Xiz.

                              Comment

                              • YoshL
                                Celestial Harbor
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 6156

                                #135
                                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                Golly, it sure is easy getting xiz out of the way this first day. This is quite a big bandwagon forming. Perhaps a wolf or two hopped on somewhere?
                                HMMMMMMMMM
                                Ok just keep this post in mind.
                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                If you all really think I'm a wolf, then I fucking dare you, keep your vote for me.
                                I stick by my opinions. I will not change them. I still feel like that's right. Because you know, conflicting opinions is apparently looked down upon this game.
                                ok, now Xiz is going really aggressive
                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                Okay since I need to spell it out for you all, here is more in depth reasoning to my thinking:

                                There is no red miller. That's huge, especially for seers.
                                Therefor, there is no need for a 'confirmation' seering. Like, the ONLY good exchange I can think of is you kill a blue for 2 reds. Then, (assuming dr.blocker) is still alive to protect we can kill the 3rd once it's found.
                                another change in tone.
                                what are you talking about? confirmation seering? there's nothing of the sort that's been mentioned (at least by me lol i just woke up forgive me if i skipped over anything), and again, it's a safety because there still exists the possibility that one of the blues could get wolfed or w/e. Basically, the reasoning you're using doesn't really make sense. Your logic needs to come together /still/

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                I could very still be a blue. Or, the red shaman.

                                Don't count me out of any category.
                                uh, wtf is this post

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                tokzic
                                un, wtf is /this/ post

                                at least from what I see, xiv is starting to flounder like a stunfisk all over the place already, for some unknown reason.

                                I have some stuff I'm thinking about xiv but still trying to develop it, i'll get back to that later when i'm more woken up i guess


                                ------------

                                sunfan has flopped from xiz to dragoniidx to runescapedude.
                                tokzic, yoshl and riotpolice voting for xiz. still well under the threshold of lynching. Those are the only votes that have been posted so far


                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                                Comment

                                Working...