jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thesunfan
    Role Tide
    Sectional Moderator
    • May 2011
    • 10859

    #481
    Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

    also start playing like a man u manly man u
    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
    Originally posted by star-crossed
    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

    Comment

    • Charles Claythorne
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2013
      • 138

      #482
      Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      my current thoughts are something like from wolfiest to least wolfy

      mashi
      help
      plop

      xel

      anyone else

      I voted jrodd for a reaction which I got, and I think I got a pretty good one.

      plop had a big post which was good but I'd still put him at wolfy. I'm giving him ONE day probably.

      help is talking about the future and what his reads will be like based on a certain set of conditions which I have not seen from him ever. Would lynch.

      Mashi I literally have no reasoning beyond his waffling reads which are hard for me to follow (I think he might be playing the tune the crowd wants to hear) and a lotta bit of a gutread.

      xel is a maybe my read depends on actually getting fully prepared for this game.

      where I'm at. Still haven't reread. When I finish this ENV SCI exam I'm pulling an all-nighter so prepare for jTWGs first ever decapost string.
      your reads sux

      Comment

      • Charles Claythorne
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2013
        • 138

        #483
        Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by j-rodd123
        i will mason with you today though yes, and if ur a wolf you can laugh at me post game
        j-rodd :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

        Comment

        • Charles Claythorne
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2013
          • 138

          #484
          Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

          Also, I'm about as confident with Chariplop being Human as I was with Zenith last Day Phase, so I completely disagree with a lynch on him.

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #485
            Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

            That would be funny I still have him in the bottom half of my reads list. Why do u think mashi is wolfier than plop? Do u find plop is playing with a weird sense of confidence that he lacked in the past? I think that's what I had difficulty articulating d1, like in the game I tried to CFD dabackpack when he was a wolf and plop was definitely open to the idea and here it's like he's a definite leader especially with easy to do as a wolf when there was v/v wagons. I'm on my phone so I already tell this doesn't make sense

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #486
              Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
              j-rodd :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
              We can be masons who disagree on everything

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • Charles Claythorne
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2013
                • 138

                #487
                Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                We can be masons who disagree on everything
                youre my favourite mason <333

                Comment

                • AragakiAyase
                  Waifus
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 961

                  #488
                  Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                  AragakiAyase: My waifu is so cuuuuuute. Also I'm VT and if you doubt me come at me I'll take you on.


                  Town lean:

                  Charles Claythorne: First of all mega points because he thinks my waifu is cute. But Mashi is my new strongest town lean at the moment. He's been making good posts all game and probing (stealing that word for lack of a better one) everyone to figure out what they're thinking and gather information. In this post he addresses some concerns and questions plop's read of himself, greg, and jrodd. He calls Greg out here on some inconsistencies although Greg addresses them (well enough for my taste at least). He has his eye on Plop for a while and continuously pushes him but reverses his stance after conceding that he misread into some things. He has another good post during the night here which I would find extremely unlikely for a wolf to do. Posting big analytical posts is already towny but posting during the night in order to get more info out in case of a nightkill is even more towny. He pushed me here to elaborate on my thoughts on potential wolves although I realized that I had failed to consider the possibility of a v/v wagon (which it was). Then lastly there's this huge post that refreshes his reads on all the other players in the game. The two things that concern me are the ease at which he throws out LOCK CLEAR on players, something that I thought shouldn't be done easily. Maybe he's joking but I can't tell too much. Another thing is how quickly he reversed his stance on plop after a couple of big posts from him. Yes posting and contributing is towny but a veteran wolf could easily do that so I wouldn't be so quick to lock clear plop. All that being said though Mashi is still my strongest town lean.

                  TheSunFan: Greg tried to meta me hard as a wolf early D1 because I wasn't playing as obviously town as last game, which (no offense) I thought was pretty stupid. #1 it's only my 2nd game, #2 labeling someone as a wolf because they're not obviously town is heavily polarizing and not good play. However since then he's come around a lot. He has a lot of jokey posts but this seems to be more in line with his jTWG play in general so nothing much to get out of that without overreading into it. His behavior at eod1 was kind of odd and seemed very wishy washy but he was pretty rushed and if his explanation is to believe his choice was reasonable. Doesn't help that it was a v/v wagon between zenith and squirl going at each other's throats. Offered to make some content posts during the night but retracted his offer which I didn't like as much, but this post, although seemingly jokey strikes me as somewhat sincere at least and obviously not something a wolf would say. Or maybe I'm completely blind but I'm rolling with it. He probes a lot of player's on their thoughts which is good. Overall I'd like to see some more substantial posts from Greg but for now I'm leaning him town in large part due to his seemingly sincere reactions. What he posts overnight will help me figure out a bit more.

                  Null:

                  MrPopadopalis25: Like I said earlier, I really don't know how to read plop. I feel like I keep switching my read on him back and forth which isn't helpful. His early game felt pretty weak to me but he chalked it up to playing more laid back due to it being a jTWG which I'll buy for now. I liked this post where he cautioned Zenith on tunneling in on someone and not considering the other possibilities. I mentioned this earlier but I didn't like his definitive posts here and here. He sounds so confident and seems like he's trying to push more votes on Zenith. Granted Zenith's play was very wolfy and it's possible it was just a bad misread (and bad play on Zenith's part) but it still bugs me. He supports helphelp here which I noticed but as of now I'm leaving it at alignment-neutral. Overall has some good posts but some of them seem a little strange to me so I'm not sure what to make of him. If I had to pick very slight town rather than wolf.

                  j-rodd123: Claimed seer at the start of game, I thought he was serious but at this point almost certainly not. Later hardclaimed VT but who knows about that as well. Backs up Xel on D1 but later retracts his support and pings him out for his inactivity. He made a good point in that it would be very unlikely for him to have made the nightkill on squirl which helps him although he could have killed squirl for that very reason in order to distance himself. Most of his posts haven't been very substantial although there are a few that have had good insight, such as this one where he clears Mashi. Overall though I feel he's not playing as aggressively as he could be and seems like he's holding things back. There have been several times where he's offered info but held a lot of stuff back on account of laziness, like here and here (also note he offers a reread but either I missed it or don't see it). His hardclaim also seems pretty flippant. I also don't like when he rejects the offer of more content because I think content almost always helps town. Overall I think jrodd isn't trying as hard as he normally does and while being busy may be a factor my opinion still stands. Slight wolf lean if anything.

                  Wolf lean:

                  helphelp11: I already addressed help in an earlier post but basically he hasn't been contributing all game and has been playing somewhat UTR and making fake seeming posts in what seems like an attempt to fake active participation. He has as many posts as our shitty (wonderful) host which is pretty bad by any standard. Here he starts with his usual opening, which while it might be meta for him is still weak. Here and here he has some awkward interactions centered around/with jrodd, showing the reactive playstyle he's had all game. This is his biggest post but his reads are light at best. You could attribute it to not knowing the meta of other players well and it being the beginning of the game but taking all his most recent posts into account I really dislike that post. He posts again here when I push him but again, only in response to someone pinging him out. No self-initiative to scumhunt whatsoever. He asks some questions but he doesn't actually do much probing, making me think that those questions are just to make himself stand out less. Basically he provides very little content, mostly commentary and has some odd interactions with jrodd and seems to be trying to avoid attention. Strongest wolf lean for sure and I'm going to grill him (nicely cause jtwg) until he's obviously wolf or town.

                  XelNya: Ok at this point I've been writing this post for way too long but basically Xel has been pretty UTR for the most part.

                  pikakirby123 reincarnated





                  Comment

                  • AragakiAyase
                    Waifus
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 961

                    #489
                    Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                    goddamn that took way too long

                    pikakirby123 reincarnated





                    Comment

                    • AragakiAyase
                      Waifus
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 961

                      #490
                      Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                      going to bed now will be on my phone for a bit though

                      pikakirby123 reincarnated





                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #491
                        Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                        don't u dare say mashi is more town than I am I'll fite u
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • Charles Claythorne
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 138

                          #492
                          Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                          wth, dont threaten aragakiayase i will beat u up, tsundere-chan

                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #493
                            Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            don't u dare say mashi is more town than I am I'll fite u
                            Atm he's putting in more work

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #494
                              Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                              gloves r comin OFF 2nite
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • Charles Claythorne
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2013
                                • 138

                                #495
                                Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                                AragakiAyase is OFFICIALLY my new favourite new TWGer.

                                Comment

                                Working...