jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #496
    Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

    I wish I wasn't on my phone. Can someone quote plops reads post for me

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • j-rodd123
      End of the road
      • Oct 2006
      • 3692

      #497
      Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

      I had AA as town before it was cool

      Originally posted by FictionJunction
      wow

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #498
        Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

        we all also aren't uncool because none of us would've killed lucy
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • j-rodd123
          End of the road
          • Oct 2006
          • 3692

          #499
          Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

          He voted for me but claimed that I would be PR hunting but maybe didn't have time so let my partner make the kill lol

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          wow

          Comment

          • AragakiAyase
            Waifus
            • Apr 2015
            • 961

            #500
            Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
            AragakiAyase is OFFICIALLY my new favourite new TWGer.
            Why please explain unsubstantiated posts are worse than substantiated ones'


            jrodd here you go

            Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
            TOWN:
            Sunfan - What I'm seeing from sunfan is indicative of what I'm accustomed to seeing from him as town. He has a solid, genuine sounding tone, and his post about zenith saying "but I don't especially think it'll hit a wolf" really strikes me as something that a wolf wouldn't bother to say. Why open yourself up to the argument of "Well if you didn't think it'd hit why would you vote there?!" unless you're trying to be genuine and inform others of your uncertainty? I mean, he is a skilled player regardless of alignment so I know that he could fake this stuff or calculate what would seem townie, but his tone is just so pure. My main suspicion of him, however, is that his recurring comments about being short on time or having only skimmed things or read posts early in the morning or needing to reread/rethink could be a way of having cover for getting mislynches or making scummy plays. At this point that seems unlikely since his remorse comes across as real, especially in comparison to other games I've played with him where he's been a townie short on time.

            Mashi - Earlier I suspected mashi for posting quote walls and not participating in dialogues, acting like he's in a plastic bubble and premeditating everything he posts. However, on my reread I discovered that I was having some confirmation bias happening. Mashi did indeed enter into dialogues, at least around EOD or in his questioning of me and my motivations. Him having me as his super duper, tunnel-worthy, let's-lynch-this-dude-pronto top scum read for all of the game but then relenting and reconsidering his take once the day phase/my posting began is very townie to me too.

            NULL:
            AA - AA is an odd one. He responds and defends himself without fail to every accusation that's made against him, which I think is more townie than scummy (ie town player tries to prevent mislynch and prove purity, wolf shrugs off a few of the attacks so as to not look so defensive and draw attention to how much they're being attacked), and he seems adamant to solve the game, understand why people are thinking the way they are (especially in accusing him, like when he tried to get inside squirrel's head), and earlier was starved for content. And yet, I noticed on my reread that despite wishing for content and dialogue, once I posted that reads list that mashi et al disliked he never commented on it. I feel like if he were starved for something then he could've dissected that a little bit. Also, his read on squirrel is kinda odd: he began by saying that squirrel was his strongest town read, then at 303 he questioned squirrel a bit and pointed out some stuff he disliked about him but said that he was still reading squirrel town regardless of the shade he casted, then closer to EOD after zenith had pushed on squirrel he said “squirrel seems town,” then after the lynch he suspected squirrel as scum, then on a reread of squirrel's posts he concluded that squirrel was null/slight town and not a strong town like before, then after the nightkill he said that I was his top scum lean because his previous top scum lean, squirrel, who was no longer a null/slight town but a top scum read, was dead and I got promoted from 2nd to 1st. Weird progression, though somewhat understandable I suppose. Null for now, perhaps slight town.

            Xel - Began and continued the game with anime gifs and jokes, and at one point he said that nothing had happened yet in the thread with a tone of indignation that sounded genuine to me. He's UTR and cold, which is his wolf meta (or his SK meta ), but his lengthy/detailed write-up about his IRL/job circumstances and reasoning for why he's been UTR and cold looks too detailed to be a lie. I don't think his lack of presence is entirely alignment indicative. His emotion in response to zenith's death seems legitimate too. Also, like jrodd pointed out, wolf xel tends to post some fake content early on to make up for the UTRness and I haven't seen that. I want to see some more content from him to know for certain where I stand though because, despite his circumstances being legitimate, he could still very well be using them to his advantage as scum, and what we have from him right now is too minuscule to be certain about one way or the other.

            SCUM:
            helphelp – A quick skim of the previous jTWG shows me that he tried to figure things out more so than he's doing here (for instance, examining the reasoning for why people had voted for gradiant). Here he's posting the bare minimum, and several of his posts are “safe” responses that seem like posting for the sake of posting/having a presence without having to voice actual concerns (like asking why people are voting for a certain person, or pointing out the time or game mechanics). I see jokes, I see questions with some follow ups if they aren't answered, I see interjections, but I see no solving of the game aside from his reads post. At 94 he says “Well, I'm here now. Everyone is probably EST, but I'm PST. Yay sleeping,” which reads to me that he's worried about being scumread for lack of presence and content. Normally that would be okay, but he does nothing to mitigate those suspicions. When he does provide content in the forms of a reads list, he doesn't include any scumreads, and he points this out. Additionally, in his reads he says of AA: “Asking questions, getting conversation, which is always good. Town lean,” and then at 241 says of him: “Sure, he seems a bit off because he isn't obviously town, but I'm still at the slight town read. Very slightly.” There was no mention of slight town reads earlier on, only pure town. This strikes me as opportunistic given how he had revised his earlier town read only after AA had been thrown around by sunfan, shadow, and squirrel as a lynch candidate. He did the same thing to squirrel at 322 after Zenith began to push against him too (in his earlier reads squirrel was a slight town). So basically, it's a mix of commentary mode and opportunistic play that's making me read him scum. I'm wary because, as I said before, this could be the mark of an anxious townie, but I'm not feeling that as strongly as I was before. There's still lots of time for him to step it up and prove me wrong though.

            Jrodd – This read relies a bit on my read on helphelp. Jrodd, beyond having a clean tone and providing commentary/assistance/the occasional original insight (such as sunfan leaving his vote parked), isn't coming across to me as townie as he tends to. He talks about being uncertain and unsure of who the wolves are, but there isn't much of an attempt to combat that uncertainty and figure things out until after the mislynch and he's in a sort of damage control mode. Where's the WIM that he always carries with him? There's also a suspicious dynamic going on between him and help: at 137 he says help is “kind of” in commentary mode and that with respect to his vote/accusation “you can respond to this.” I know he said that it could be because help is a new player afraid to get his feet wet, but I could see this as coaching his scum partner. Help never responded to jrodd's accusations (despite posting at the same time as jrodd wondering where he was), and jrodd never followed up on his accusations until later in the phase, which is interesting considering that help had posted his reads list while jrodd was in the thread but he ignored it in favor of talking about xel and AA. He got his person of interest to post some content and he didn't do anything with it...no WIM there at all. At 335 he says “in that same mindset, helphelp why haven't you placed a vote yet?”, which seems like coaching because of the call and response phrasing: earlier he points out that sunfan had parked his vote but directs this comment to the thread (ie “sunfan did this which is weird”, not “hey sunfan why'd you do this, it's weird”), whereas with helphelp he talks to him one-on-one. At 370 he drops a vote on helphelp when it was 2/2 between squirrel and zenith and helphelp had no votes, which I think is his last attempt to get his partner to unfreeze during such a crucial time since he posted a minute later talking about choosing between zenith and squirrel, leading me to believe that the helphelp vote was BS to begin with. I could see me misinterpreting the coaching stuff as jrodd trying to coach independent of alignment and simply because of the jtwg setting, but the lack of WIM with respect to one of his top scum leans is too damning to ignore. Also, on the opposite side of the dynamic, helphelp's wordiest post next to his reads list and that one post about AA/squirrel is this relatively unimportant point about jrodd:



            Seriously, iso his posts and tell me that this post doesn't stick out in terms of wordiness and depth in comparison to his other posts. In my view, he says a lot about jrodd because jrodd is his partner and what he says about his partner needs to be airtight.

            pikakirby123 reincarnated





            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #501
              Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

              That was referring to plop obv

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • j-rodd123
                End of the road
                • Oct 2006
                • 3692

                #502
                Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                Wow that was longer than I remembered

                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                wow

                Comment

                • Charles Claythorne
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 138

                  #503
                  Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  gloves r comin OFF 2nite

                  Comment

                  • Charles Claythorne
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 138

                    #504
                    Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                    Why please explain unsubstantiated posts are worse than substantiated ones'
                    bcs ur rly cool (sun)

                    Comment

                    • j-rodd123
                      End of the road
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3692

                      #505
                      Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                      Wait.....I just realized plops conclusion is completely flawed lol he's saying me and helphelp are partners even tho I was starting a helphelp wagon before zenith subbed when there already was v/v wagons. Ya that's something I'd do w/w with help

                      Originally posted by FictionJunction
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #506
                        Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                        That is one of the weirdest hedge reads I've ever seen....I just read his entire "case" on me, I freaked out about getting votes for that wow

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • Charles Claythorne
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 138

                          #507
                          Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by thesunfan
                          we all also aren't uncool because none of us would've killed lucy
                          The Sqwerl kill is what I find vexing, because I struggle to see where someone might have thought he was a Special over someone else. I feel like the kill doesn't fit in with most Players and if it does, it's only for circumstantial reasons (e.g. An experienced Wolf was too busy to make a better kill), which isn't really that great an explanation.

                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #508
                            Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            That is one of the weirdest hedge reads I've ever seen....I just read his entire "case" on me, I freaked out about getting votes for that wow
                            Go go countercase let's see it

                            Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
                            The Sqwerl kill is what I find vexing, because I struggle to see where someone might have thought he was a Special over someone else. I feel like the kill doesn't fit in with most Players and if it does, it's only for circumstantial reasons (e.g. An experienced Wolf was too busy to make a better kill), which isn't really that great an explanation.
                            Well the scenario that the squirl kill would make most sense would be a AA/helphelp wolf team but that doesn't fit because I'm not a wolf. If we assume (for now) that helphelp is a wolf I'm just not sure which vet would choose to kill squirl (assuming the vet leads the wolfkill decision which I think is a safe assumption). Either way I think helphelp is a good lynch at the moment but we'll see if he comes up with anything.

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #509
                              Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                              Well I mean if you wanna open that box sunfan is the only one with a "reason" to kill squirt because they had a meta together. Or you can go look at the final reads of squirt and see if he was gonna push a non-zenith person hard. I know he had me as his top town.

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • j-rodd123
                                End of the road
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3692

                                #510
                                Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

                                Also the fact that plops wolf read on me relies heavily on help being a wolf, but he votes me over help????

                                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...