jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #1021
    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

    If I was a wolf I would not be able to fake how hard I raged in this thread nor would've even attempted to quit because that's throwing the game for wolves right there.





    Comment

    • tiloco217
      FFR Veteran
      • Sep 2012
      • 6

      #1022
      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

      Ok so looking through the interactions with GS I am going to lock clear CK and Lurker.

      CK's first real posts of the game were her stream of consciousness and her reads list both of which pushed on GS heavily even voting for him at a time where GS had no pressure on him. I don't see any reason for CK to do that as mafia especially on a partner who is in their first game. Not only that but they continued to push on each other the rest of the game. I don't think there was any point where they town read each other.

      Lurker has the obvious red check from GS. GS did this to save himself not to play the martyr card. I don't think the thought even crossed GS's mind in the panic of trying to clear himself. Not only that but when GS put the red check on him lurker was very non-nonchalant about it. I think that if they were both mafia then lurker would have gone hard on GS because it basically guarantees the game for them and lurker's a good enough player to realize that. I think he would also know that if he dies in the situation that they are both mafia then they lose guaranteed so when charu brought that up he would have definitely defended against it. If you don't understand how lurker dying would guarantee that they lose it's because he flips red, you guys kill me and I flip as tracker, you guys lynch GS. I've also been reading lurker as town throughout the entire game but I think that is less important. It's also worth mentioning that I don't think lurker ever chose a side between me and charu and I know that he didn't during the argument we had in the night and if he were mafia it is super beneficial to pick a side (probably mine since that's where GS was) because it would have been a fight between two towns about the alignment of another town. If that gets out of hand that could easily lead to a mafia victory.

      That means that I need to find one more town in Choof, Charu, and Zenith.

      Choof is by far the most likely mafia based solely off of interactions with GS. They town read each other for the entire game excluding when GS cc'd tracker but that is irrelevant because by the time he came back it was pretty obvious that I was winning that fight. He also helped GS quite a bit by asking him questions to help him get out reads. This is what he should be doing in a jTWG but I didn't really notice him doing it much for other players so it seems like coaching. His first interaction with CK was pretty awkward for him as well. CK came out with a pretty good reads list with pretty good reasoning and choof pushed hard on her in a way that was an indirect defense of GS. In regards to the tracker claim I still think that it is normally more town indicative but looking back on it choof left for very little reason for a long time. It is possible that he made a bad play and realized it so he left and hoped it would blow over. In his words "the only correct play is to not play at all".

      To charu specifically about choof his and GS's claims are completely separate and shouldn't even be evaluated together. Charu claimed as part of a play and I agree that GS would normally claim after his partner already did (although in a way that made him obviously not the tracker) GS had no choice there. He couldn't count on choof coming back and choof wasn't going to claim anyways even if he did come back because it loses them the game (same logic as with lurker dying if they were partners except even more absolute) so GS's only way of surviving was claiming tracker. He did it because there was nothing to lose.

      I think that, of the group of three, Zenith is the most likely town and he will probably be the one that I lock in on to create my auto circle. Day 1 Zenith started getting some pressure on him and reacted very towny. GS came in at the tail end of people pushing on him and only just enough to warrant a vote if it got to that point and when he realized that everyone was town reading zenith he backed off. If there we both mafia I think that GS would probably have just stayed quiet during that interaction and if zenith is town he played that pretty optimally.

      This leaves Charu who I am the most reluctant to read since it is so hard for me to see him as town. We have been butting heads for so long that he has been filed away in my mind as mafia and it's hard to think about him any other way. That being said, he is a pretty likely partner with GS based off of their interactions although not as much as choof is. GS had a super weird interaction with him day 1 where GS called charu mafia, charu made one post that was only two lines long and wasn't very good, and GS immediately backed down. I can't tell if that is an awkward attempt at bussing or if he was GS trying to push on charu and getting scared. GS also mentioned a few times that charu had to be town because if he wasn't town was screwed anyways which is a super easy way to put a town read on a partner. That being said GS decided to side with me during the initial argument between me and Charu in a way that was pretty obviously a pocket. That seems like he thought I was winning the argument and decided to buddy up with me and I don't think he would do that if charu was his partner. That being said I think it would actually be the correct play if they were partners I am just not sure he would do it.

      In conclusion, never kill lurker and CK this game. They are never mafia this game. I am pretty sure that if you kill choof the game will be over but if it isn't charu is the next kill.

      Holy shit this post took over an hour for me to write :/

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #1023
        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

        Okay, my vote is going to choof next phase, as much as I don't want it to.

        If choof is mafia, then I'm disappointed with him, I thought he was better than that.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #1024
          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

          However, if choof is town, then last wolf will obviously kill Zenith, if he's also town, and then they will convince the other person to lynch me in Final 3.

          Like clock work, bro.

          But know if choof does flip town, Tiloco, and then I flip town, Tiloco, you're so fucking arrogant to not see that Lurker as mafia.

          I will only say I told you so.

          This game is dead to me, it's clockwork time, boys, follow Tiloco's reasoning since he's the confirm and we'll see what happens. If he's right, woo, if he's wrong, then told you so, yadda yadda yadda.


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #1025
            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

            Sunfan, can you just make these 5 minute phases because it's painfully obviously what's going to happen from this point on.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • tiloco217
              FFR Veteran
              • Sep 2012
              • 6

              #1026
              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

              I hate being confirmed because if we lose now I will feel so bad. I am decently confident though so meh

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #1027
                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                Originally posted by tiloco217
                I hate being confirmed because if we lose now I will feel so bad. I am decently confident though so meh
                Hey, how do you think I feel, good sir!?

                I lost my ability to reason in this game, lol. It's like, whatever at this point, you know?

                Like I really want to talk you out of this, I really do, but I don't have any credibility here since you're certain if choof is actually town then I'm wolf.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #1028
                  Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Tiloco, I'll be honest here, mason bro, I don't know how to read you, but luckily I don't have to because you're my number one mason bro.
                  This rings true, but after this game, I think now I have something to read by in your meta now.

                  Learning experience, boys!


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • lurker
                    ur worst nitemare
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 1628

                    #1029
                    Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                    Looking back, choof managed to score the dumbest blue slip ever with just this post:
                    Originally posted by choof
                    hard claiming seer
                    Thing is, with zero communication between the wolves beforehand, I don't think GS would've made that awkward blue-fishing post later if choof was his partner.

                    I'm still trying to write more, but I swear I spent half of the last hour waiting for posts to load.
                    some feathery f**k

                    Comment

                    • lurker
                      ur worst nitemare
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 1628

                      #1030
                      Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                      Oh cool, Charu's massive quote post loaded. Should make it a bit easier.
                      some feathery f**k

                      Comment

                      • lurker
                        ur worst nitemare
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 1628

                        #1031
                        Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                        There's like, no way Zenith is GS' partner. I mean, he's a fucking idiot, and there are no shortage of examples of it in this thread, but he's undoubtedly town.

                        I haven't liked CK for a good amount of the game, but I have to admit we've been mindmelding occasionally (see: both of us calling out Charu for [seemingly] implying that choof would come back in this night phase). Thing is though, she handled Charu's accusation pretty badly:
                        Originally posted by Cold Kitten
                        HOW THE FUCK AM I WOLF. PLEASE EXPLAIN. gold stinger was literally my top wolf lean. WHAT THE FUCK.
                        This is basically the entirety of her reasoning.
                        Originally posted by Cold Kitten
                        that's not explaining. but by your logic then it's 100% lurker because I'm not a wolf.
                        And by YOUR logic it's 100% YOU because I'M not a wolf! What a coincidence!

                        So choof and Charu are my top two choices. Choof because he ragequit with almost none of the anger that Zenith obviously had, then came back into the thread at a really weird time to throw a vote onto Charu that ended up not mattering at all. Charu because the aggression he had during the last day phase was absolutely mind-boggling. Both of them saw GS as town, and GS thought the same about both of them. Thing is, though, Charu flipping his shit let GS fade into the background. I think it's VERY telling that Charu let that happen.
                        some feathery f**k

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #1032
                          Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                          no posting for a moment I am updating the phase
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #1033
                            Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                            In the night, Tiloco died and flips as the Tracker.
                            Day 2 begins now and will last until Monday, April 13th, at 5PM
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #1034
                              Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                              choof


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #1035
                                Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

                                Lets just get this over with.


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...