TWGXVIII: LD wins (Wolves win on day 8)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JurseyRider734
    lil j the bad b-word
    • Aug 2003
    • 7507

    #91
    News had spread across lands of the death of Aragorn. Many were heartbroken, but few were quite pleased with the news. Gandalf and a small group of men gathered in a room to discuss what the plan would be, and how they would be able to defeat Mordor without the help of Aragorn.

    Suddenly, one spoke.

    “I hated that Aragorn guy. No help he was at all. He probably would have made us lose anyway. Good riddance.”

    Gandalf, furious with this comment, stood up and walked over to the being that spoke these words. Overcome with anger out of the slur he had said for one of his closest allies, he took out his sword and stabbed him in the stomach.

    “Now it’s a good riddance. I will not tolerate any more of these insinuations. Aragorn was a great loss, and many men have lost all hope in the battle we may face. You may all leave, I will strategize alone today.”

    The rest of the men left, slowly glancing over to the dead body of Vash that lay on the ground. Two men picked him up and carried him outside, as Gandalf remained inside with a map of Mordor and his pipe.


    Remember, the story has nothing to do with the roles.

    It is now Night 2 and vashthestampede0987 had been lynched, wolves and seer, send me your picks. Night 2 ends at 10:00PM EDT tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Arch0wl
    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

    Comment

    • JurseyRider734
      lil j the bad b-word
      • Aug 2003
      • 7507

      #92
      Saruman stood alone in the tower, with close to none of his power left. He knew he would be trapped there forever, or killed by Treebeard himself, who would be waiting outside for him if he should ever try to leave the tower. Saruman knew that if he were to use the last of his power, he would surely die shortly after. He had no choice; he didn’t want men to overcome Sauron. Saruman took a small vial out of a finely furnished cupboard, along with ash powder and a cup of small crystals he has been saving. Saruman put all of the ingredients into a small dish that rested atop a podium which was about a meter and a half tall. Saruman cast his incantation, knowing that it would possess the human he chose to have it.

      ---

      “AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGJSDFQWOIJGNSDF!”

      “What. Was that noise?” Legolas proclaimed.

      Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, and Theoden ran outside to witness something that seemed like a joke. It was Boromir, one of the two sons of Lord Denethor, running up to them. White foam was inside his mouth, and he was running like some kind of rabid gorilla. Theoden shouted to Legolas.

      “Quick, your bow! Shoot him!”

      Legolas, with his elf agility, grabbed his bow and a single arrow, and shot right at Boromir’s heart.

      Boromir stopped dead, looked down at the arrow, fell backwards, and tumbled down the steps he had been running up. A crowd gathered around Boromir, gasping at the white foam dripping out of his mouth and the dead accuracy of Legolas’s arrow.

      “Never did like that guy very much; a bit too greedy for my likings.” Gimli commented.

      Legolas glanced over at Gimli.

      “You’re not one to talk.”

      ---

      Meanwhile, back in the tower, Saruman had watched the whole incident through a small mirror-like device that still remained in his possession. The concoction and spell had weakened him terribly more than he had been, but to his amazement, he had not died. Saruman decided he would rest to try and regain his strength, and wondered if it would ever be fully restored.

      ---

      It is now Day 2, and talisman has been wolfed. 15 players remain, so 8 for insta. o ps Day ends Thursday at 8:30 PM EDT.

      Afrobean
      _BBQ_
      blahblah18
      chardish
      dAnceguy117
      evilbutterfly
      flypie743
      GuidoHunter
      ImEric12
      Kilgamayan
      lightdarkness
      nforcer06164
      Omeganitros
      Psychic25
      Tps222
      Originally posted by Arch0wl
      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

      Comment

      • evilbutterfly
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2003
        • 5784

        #93
        Hmmmm, I just looked back, and Talisman pretty much just advised us all. His biggest noteable thing that may have made him stand out to the wolves was this: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=448916#448916

        Seeing as how he directly picked out 5 people, there's a good chance one of them was a wolf. Also, because most of them are probably human, a wolf would feel safe killing talisman at this point before he thinks about them any further. I know it's not saying much, but I figure one of those 5 should be the next people we look at.

        Now, one thing Chris just reminded me of:

        Afrobean16: honesly, I was expecting Chardish to die
        Afrobean16: any idea why talisman died?

        Hmmm, with the guardian gone you'd think all the top players would be gone instantly, right? Wrong, because some of the top players are probably wolves. If all but one top player dies from wolf attacks when the guardian is gone, it gives them away as a wolf. So, they attack the middle players, people wouldn't expect to be killed. This leaves the number of top tier players to choose from as a wolf fairly high and keeps the top tier wolves fairly safe. Now let's see the 5 names that talisman said that could possibly be wolves:

        Originally posted by Our fallen comrade
        The people I find mildly/reasonably suspicious: nforcer, danceguy, eric, vash, chardish.
        Vash is gone from there, so we don't even need to worry about that. nforcer and eric he barely touched on. So we're left with danceguy and Chardish. Chardish would definitely be the top tier player out of these two, so I'll vote for him.

        Also, we have talisman's logic bit at the end. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do with it at this point, but hey, it says I'm not a wolf if Chardish is, which I definitely agree with. The rest I dunno about, but we'll see...

        PS: If the seer happened to look at Chardish, please tell me so I can announce that and get something done (tell me because I wouldn't be attacking him as a fellow wolf). If Chardish is human, you probably won't trust me, but I guess if I don't hear anything from the seer I may back off a little.
        So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

        In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

        So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
        And I write the blog for their website.

        Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #94
          far too predictable... Although it should have taken way more arrows than that, going by the movie.

          hey could one of the wolves im/pm me or something... I want to know whodunit.

          edit: nvm got it.

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #95
            Where is everyone? I figured there would be like a bajillion posts when I refreshed =/ There's a lot to discuss right now.

            eb, I'm liking that post. Someone needed to make a big, long post like that to spark conversation. Plus, I agree with most of it to boot. I think Chardish seems pretty suspicious at this point, but I'm not going to make a vote yet. I'm still keeping my eye on some other people, namely Tps and BBQ, I'd like to hear from you guys.

            Comment

            • _BBQ_
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2004
              • 27

              #96
              shit, unexpected circumstances are giving me no internet for about a week. I'm sorry to do this, but i need a replacement =/.

              Comment

              • Omeganitros
                auauauau
                • Jun 2003
                • 8897

                #97
                I disagree. I think the wolves have decided to keep the smartypants ones alive because then everyone would be suspicious of them and go after their own top players, destroying themselves. It's a good, clever, wolf plan.

                No vote yet.

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #98
                  Originally posted by Omeganitros
                  I disagree. I think the wolves have decided to keep the smartypants ones alive because then everyone would be suspicious of them and go after their own top players, destroying themselves. It's a good, clever, wolf plan.

                  No vote yet.
                  That's easily possible, but remember, there are four wolves. At least one is bound to be an upper tier player.

                  wait what@ day2 ends tomorrow wtfux

                  I'm like 99.999999% sure I'll be on tomorrow, but there's a small chance I'll be doing stuff and won't have long to ponder my vote. For now, I'll just leave it on BBQ / whoever is replacing him. It will most likely change tomorrow.

                  Comment

                  • psychic25
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 367

                    #99
                    Day ends Thursday, it's Tuesday now lol.

                    Okay, so...

                    I agree with EB's post. It makes sense. And Talisman was a solid wolfing- a mid-range player who makes those long posts that everyone is so fond of.

                    I'm still suspicious of Tps and nforcer, but less so now than before. I'd still like to see them post something, though.

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #100
                      wtf, I'm so bad at keeping track of the days in summer >.<

                      Comment

                      • nforcer06164
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 4772

                        #101
                        I really don't have anything to say. Once again, eb got to doing what I was going to do before me. Now, although I completely agree with him, I can't act on it because it'd be Day 1 all over again. I'm playing "eb's shadow" for now, it seems, because I have nothing better than what I would've said already.

                        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                        Originally posted by Squeek
                        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #102
                          I was a bit surprised by the fact that one of the higher level people weren't wolfed. Many others would have made better kills than talisman, and there's not even anyway that all of them could be wolves. I'd say that it is likely that, like danceguy said, at least one of the wolves is probably a top tier player. We probably shouldn't be so eager to lynch a top level player because of this though, as there are many higher level people and to randomly pick one and lynch them will only hurt us.
                          Originally posted by eb
                          Seeing as how he directly picked out 5 people, there's a good chance one of them was a wolf.
                          Don't forget that he might have correctly named one that's not a top level player. I'm talking about nforcer, danceguy, and eric. Don't disregaurd them because they aren't top tier players.

                          Comment

                          • nforcer06164
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2003
                            • 4772

                            #103
                            Remember that all the wolves decide on a kill, though. Just because one wolf of that list may have been named doesn't mean the kill was based solely upon that. That may be what the wolves want us to think. I wouldn't be surprised if in fact none of those on the list were wolves. And with this, I start to separate my thinking from that of eb....

                            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                            Comment

                            • Tps222
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 6169

                              #104
                              I'm leaning towards Omega's theory. Why would the wolves want to kill the top-tier people. It's expected, that way we would lynch the strongest players, they can get rid of the decent ones, frame the ones Talisman pointed out, and confuse all of us. It's a good plan, one that Guido would do. That's my vote for now, no evidece whatsoever, he hasn't done anything to be suspicious either, I just think he is one of the wolves that would do this.

                              PS. Seer me if you haven't. I'm super suspicious and act stupid, I expect many votes from this post. Enjoy

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #105
                                Whoa guys!

                                Originally posted by Mystery person, in a PM,
                                FLYPIE HAS BEEN SEEN.

                                SHE IS A WOLF.
                                The person did not reveal their name, which could mean 2 things. 1) They are the seer and do not trust me, but they want something done. 2) They are a wolf trying to distract me from other things.

                                The PM said the host said it was allowed (which I don't agree with, but whatever. The TWG Masons screenname thing has been done, and that's just as unfair). However, rather than just vote for flypie, as some would do, I am going to wait a little bit.

                                IF YOU ARE THE SEER AND YOU DID NOT SEND THAT MESSAGE, PLEASE TELL ME SO THAT FLYPIE DOES NOT GET LYNCHED FOR NO REASON.

                                IF YOU DID SEND THAT MESSAGE, GROW SOME BALLS AND DON'T HIDE BEHIND NEW SCREENNAMES.

                                Technically it's not in the rules, but the more I think about this, the more I find it unfair and wrong, and I think TWC should vote on it being outlawed (starting next game, of course).

                                Anywho, the day ends tomorrow at 8:30 pm. If I haven't heard from a different person who claims to be seer be tomorrow afternoon, I will vote for flypie. Hopefully this message is real, but just in case it isn't, the real seer better let me know...
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...