TWGXVIII: LD wins (Wolves win on day 8)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #61
    Alright, I just read over day 1 of jTWG VIII, when Vash was a human. His posts are very similar to his in this game. He made accusations, and backed them up to an extent, but his posts were relatively sparse and pretty much the only time he would post would be to make a vote based on what he's seen or to ask the host something, haha. I'd say he looks human.

    Although I still consider Tps a suspect, eb brings up a good point. Tps is often pointed out early for the way he words his posts and for things he says in them people say are dumb. I don't know how to analyze it any further, so I guess I'll move on and just keep a close eye on him.

    I still think eb is a humsn, I don't find much sense in the posts against him. I'm also fairly certain psychic is a human based on what he's done. I really do think he drew out a wolf.

    I really do think nforcer is a wolf. First he posts how he found psychic's post fishy, but doesn't want to bandwagon on eb's vote. Then, a few posts later, he says he's going to be gone for awhile and might not be able to get back on during day 1. So what does he do? He goes and votes for psychic and talks about how his post rubbed him the wrong way (again). This screams wolf at me; the way he first brings up his "suspicion", but claims he doesn't want to bandwagon has way too many benefits for a wolf. First, he tries to make himself look human by claiming he doesn't want to bandwagon, and at the same time draws more attention to psychic. After there are a few posts and no one else has accused psychic, he gives up on his former plan and goes and places his vote on psychic. I think psychic done good.

    I know nforcer isn't here to defend himself, which sucks, but I want other people's thoughts on the matter.

    @Jurs: No one uses EDT, wtf >.<

    Comment

    • lightdarkness
      Summer!!
      • Jul 2003
      • 11310

      #62
      Uhh, practicly everyone uses EDT.

      Comment

      • ImEric12
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2004
        • 1952

        #63
        Guys.

        It's EST.

        Eastern
        Standard
        Time.


        I think.

        Unless EDT means something else and I'm retarded.

        Comment

        • evilbutterfly
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2003
          • 5784

          #64
          How do you people not know that it's EST? Wow.

          Originally posted by TPS Reports
          If you guys think i'm so suspicious then seer me
          This makes me consider voting for you. Why? Because usually when a person says "seer me" the seer avoids seeing them, thinking that it would waste a seering because "why the hell would a wolf request to be seered!?" By now, I think everybody realizes that the seer rarely honors requests, so a wolf may be ballsy enough to say something like "seer me." Especially you, Mr. I'ma PM Everybody In The Game With Riddles. Just a thought, though ;D.

          And I just now noticed that my accusations keep being based around reverse (err, double reverse?) psychology. I gotta keep in mind that I don't act the same as other people, especially comparing me as a wolf to them as a wolf. But whatever.

          And uh, can somebody make like, a vote chart? I'm too lazy to count up votes :P.
          So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

          In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

          So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
          And I write the blog for their website.

          Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

          Comment

          • lightdarkness
            Summer!!
            • Jul 2003
            • 11310

            #65
            EDT means Easern Daylight Time... it's what we are all in now, Daylight Savings Time (Except in like indiana or something like that).

            95% of the country is in EDT, CDT, MDT, and PDT. Deal with it.

            PS: I don't know who to vote for.

            Comment

            • Tps222
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 6169

              #66
              I'm dead serious, seer me if you don't believe i'm human. I haved died on the first day on numerous occasions. Going back to hans and thinking about who of the past wolves it could be. I don't think it's EB nor is it myself, so it leaves me to keep a close watch on guido for now, if he ever gets a connection. Afro and vash have been a bit quiet, and wtf is up with blah?

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #67
                The people I find mildly/reasonably suspicious: nforcer, danceguy, eric, vash, chardish.

                nforcer for what danceguy and psychic already pointed out... the not going to bandwagon post and then the bandwagon vote a day and a few posts later.

                danceguy because of basic instinct and what seems like an overuse of modifiers like "really" and "pretty". That may sound dumb, but with his earlier posts against tps he seemed to be using all the powers of suggestion available to him to get people to either think about voting tps or to vote him. It's only in his last post that he backs off, perhaps because no one was really jumping hard on tps, or perhaps because he wants to distance himself from vash/eric, or because he's just a human who happens to agree with eb. also, his first post was easily the sketchiest of any of them... much more so than psychic's. "I'm not a happy camper"? dunno, it sounds forced to me.

                eric mainly for the suspicion of tps (especially the "Once again..." line). However I really don't have anything on him besides that.

                vash for that vote on tps supposedly without the knowledge that eric had just voted him, and (assuming danceguy is a wolf, which is far from certain) the fact that danceguy defends him as he just did.

                chardish for a vote that to the skimming eyes seems to make sense but on closer inspection is based on nothing at all really. His second and third points are quite the stretches... and his third barely makes sense. It's almost like he wrote the "eb has been suspicious" part and then scratched his head and came up with the bs support for that claim (the bit about awkward humor).

                other things of interest, based on voting so far... chardish and omega are not wolves together, danceguy isn't wolves together with nforcer, nforcer isn't a wolf partner with eb, and most likely chardish and eb aren't wolf partners either. That was all based on sharing a common vote early on or voting against each other strongly enough that it would seem like a VERY risky move for a wolf to make day one.

                finally, my vote goes to danceguy for today, for what I already stated and that I think the case is stonger against him than any of the others I listed, with the possible exception of nforcer.

                Comment

                • Kilgamayan
                  Super Scooter Happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 6583

                  #68
                  Tps has always acted suspicious on some level. I'd be more worried about him if he went a few days without doing anything worth noticing.

                  To be honest, this is the first time I've wanted to sit down and concentrate on this game due to my weekend schedule - you'll notice everything I've posted so far has been largely irrelevant toward investigation - so I'm going to take a good look through right now and see what I can come up with.
                  I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                  Comment

                  • Kilgamayan
                    Super Scooter Happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 6583

                    #69
                    Oh hey, I guess I did post something "useful" when I talked about not voting for blah. Whatever.

                    I'm going to take dAnceguy's sentiments with a grain of salt and vote for vash. His first post seems like he was trying way too hard to blend in and it ended up just looking silly, and his second post was, as Chris Berman would put it, "what". flypie brought up a good point about him seeming to want to vote for someone people thought was suspicious. It's a lot easier working with the suspicions of others than making some of your own, especially if you're a wolf trying to bullshit reasons to vote for someone.

                    That said, I'm also going to keep an eye on LD. There have been sufficiently many people that have acted overly casual that I'm pretty sure one of them is a wolf trying to blend in. Yet all the focus has been on psychic (Page 2 post), eb (Page 2 post) and Tps (page 3 post). LD's page 1 post about Tass hasn't garnered any discussion at all, but I see it just as much an attempt at being casual as the other three posts noted above.
                    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #70
                      Afrobean – blahblah18
                      _BBQ_ - vash
                      blahblah18
                      chardish - evilbutterfly
                      dAnceguy117 - nforcer
                      evilbutterfly – psychic25
                      flypie743
                      GuidoHunter
                      ImEric12 – Tps222
                      Kilgamayan - Vash
                      lightdarkness
                      nforcer06164 – psychic25
                      Omeganitros - evilbutterfly
                      Psychic25
                      talisman - danceguy
                      Tps222 – ImEric
                      Vashthestampede0987 – Tps222

                      blah - 1
                      eb - 2
                      nforcer - 1
                      Psychic - 2
                      Tps - 2
                      danceguy - 1
                      vash - 2
                      Eric - 1

                      Still haven't voted - blah, flypie, Guido, ld, psychic


                      I have a feeling i'll be giving out a phantom(if not more) today.

                      ps Nice timing Kilga.
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • _BBQ_
                        FFR Player
                        • Jul 2004
                        • 27

                        #71
                        voting vash because kilgas logic looks sound and i dont want a phantom.

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #72
                          You can't do that in TWG there buddy, you need some supporting logic other then Kilga's. My vote is going to ImEric12 for now mainly because of his stretching for logic on my suspicious self. I probably will change this, but I need to think.

                          Comment

                          • evilbutterfly
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 5784

                            #73
                            Hahaha, 5-way ties are always fun. I guess at least this way I have less of a chance of dying, and I have 4 people I can switch to and give them the lead instead of me. We really need to get something more substantial together. Now, about the people with 2 votes each:

                            1) WHERE THE HELL IS BLAH WTF!! Those votes shouldn't be on him, since he can't have said anything to get suspicion, and they don't seem to be making him talk. Afro and TPS, stop that.
                            2) Me? A wolf? Nah!
                            3) Psychic...I dunno, he prolly won't be having my vote for the rest of the day, but I don't know who else to vote for (I hate Day 1). I dunno, I'm not familiar enough with his style to know if he's always :Py or what...
                            4) TPS, like me, tends to get early suspicion for weird stuff. As Kilga said, we should be more worried if he wasn't acting strange now. Let's give him some time before we go and kill him.
                            5) Vash....dunno. I think may be he's just stupid/doesn't pay attention.

                            I don't think I accomplished much here except to say that you're all wrong, which probably isn't true. Some votes need to be changed, though.

                            Afro and vash have been a bit quiet
                            I know Afro was playing MS a lil while ago. I'm telling you guys, when you're playing that game time just flies by. It's ridiculous.

                            other things of interest, based on voting so far... chardish and omega are not wolves together, danceguy isn't wolves together with nforcer, nforcer isn't a wolf partner with eb, and most likely chardish and eb aren't wolf partners either. That was all based on sharing a common vote early on or voting against each other strongly enough that it would seem like a VERY risky move for a wolf to make day one.
                            Somebody good at logic puzzles may be able to solve the game if we notice more stuff like that. Like how eric can't be the psychic because he didn't know it existed, and some people didn't know about there being 4 wolves (of course the people who said something then could have just been faking...), and stuff like that. I'm not sure what assumptions I would make based on eric and Omega not knowing that a guardian could gaurd himself, but may be somebody could help with that.

                            Perhaps I'll make a chart later and map out possibilities, especially if we're able to lynch a wolf and get psychic confirmation or get a good seering so we are able to rule out certain combinations...
                            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                            And I write the blog for their website.

                            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                            Comment

                            • flypie743
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 3210

                              #74
                              Originally posted by _BBQ_
                              voting vash because kilgas logic looks sound and i dont want a phantom.
                              Nice job bandwagonning onto Kilga's vote. It doesn't even seem like you've read the thread. Or maybe you have and are just trying to keep quiet. This has been your only post all game. Now, if you were active before and had posted your thoughts on the various situations that came up, I wouldn't find this so odd. You just popped out of nowhere and voted without saying anything beforehand. Seems like you are trying to go unnoticed and try and pull off some kind of vote for the day.

                              BBQ, you have earned my vote for the round. It may change later if new evidence comes up. I will be out tonight, but will be home before voting ends tonight to see if anything happened.

                              Also, blah usually makes some kind of post stating where he has been or why he has been inactive, but he hasn't this game. Has anyone spotted him on AIM?

                              IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7507

                                #75
                                Afrobean – blahblah18
                                _BBQ_ - vash
                                blahblah18
                                chardish - evilbutterfly
                                dAnceguy117 - nforcer
                                evilbutterfly – psychic25
                                flypie743 - BBQ
                                GuidoHunter
                                ImEric12 – Tps222
                                Kilgamayan - Vash
                                lightdarkness
                                nforcer06164 – psychic25
                                Omeganitros - evilbutterfly
                                Psychic25
                                talisman - danceguy
                                Tps222 – ImEric
                                Vashthestampede0987 – Tps222

                                blah - 1
                                eb - 2
                                nforcer - 1
                                Psychic - 2
                                Tps - 2
                                danceguy - 1
                                vash - 2
                                Eric - 1
                                BBQ - 1

                                Want to be any more spread out, guys? -_-

                                Still haven't voted - blah, Guido, ld, psychic
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...