TWGXVIII: LD wins (Wolves win on day 8)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • User6773

    #241
    I vote that we test the waters by not voting Blah. Since this is team victory, if the wolves give us no kill tomorrow, we vote Blah and win the game (assuming he's the only remaining wolf.) If not, I don't think the wolves can really afford to give up 2 free human kills in a row.

    This sounds exactly like the kind of thing Omeganitros would pull. It's goofy.

    Comment

    • Omeganitros
      auauauau
      • Jun 2003
      • 8897

      #242
      My reasoning dictates that getting rid of blahblah18 is a perfectly reasonable idea, because (A) he could be a wolf and (B) as I've stated before he has too many phantoms.

      Also, I am honored to that you think I would something off like this, because orchestrating something this goofy would be something I would try, if I thought of it.

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #243
        More food for thought: Every time the wolves kill someone, they give us more information on who they could be. Perhaps they're pulling off some kinda tactic where we can't find out more about them if they stop crossing people off our suspicion list.

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #244
          Chardish, I don't know if you noticed, but we're not on Day 1 here; we can't just waste time by "testing the water."
          You're assuming we only have one wolf left?! That's ridiculous, there's almost no doubt in my mind that TPS was human and Kilga wasn't for sure anything! The only thing I can see that would give you such assurity is if you were, or had contact with the psychic or something, but he's dead.
          Intitial vote to Chardish, I'll watch and see how things turn out before Day 5 ends.

          Comment

          • nforcer06164
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 4772

            #245
            I think Chardish does have a good point, but also keep in mind that the wolves maybe didn't forget, but just wasn't able to put in the kill before the deadline. It could've been a simple mistake instead of a tactic.

            Let's see... deltro voted blah... Omega voted blah... if this was a tactic, and Omega / deltro was a wolf, why would they kill off the wolf that was making their tactic work? Deltro isn't too bright in my opinion, so I could understand him as a wolf voting blah... but Omega? C'mon Chardish, you know he's smarter than that.

            I'm going to look back on what was said today, and the remaining players list...

            Afrobean - doubt he's a wolf.

            blah - hasn't been here. Hasn't been on AIM (that I know of). He's definitely not playing.

            chardish - still not sure what the hell happened Day 4. he wanted to "prove" to me that he was human (I forgot to save the AIM conversation), but failed to. Not sure exactly what to think.

            dAnceguy - pointed us in very productive directions all game. Always got us closer to wolves (I think). Human.

            deltro - I could see him forgetting to send in a kill as a wolf, and voting his "wolf buddy". Plus, his comments today don't sit well with me.

            Guido - I STILL think TPS's pointing out of Guido so much early on was to distinguish the two in case something happened. I think he may be a wolf.

            FishFishRevolution - who the hell did he replace?

            nforcer06164 - I can't opinionate myself. I know what I am. You decide for yourself.

            Omega - I'm getting tired of being opinionated. I really don't think he's a wolf, though.

            psychic - where the hell are you?

            wait...

            uh-oh...

            I just looked back at what psychic said on Day 4.



            Originally posted by psychic25
            Keep an eye on nForcer and Chardish for me while I'm away. With any luck, I'll be back for the end of Day 5.
            NOT HERE. We found our last two wolves, guys. psychic and blah.

            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

            Originally posted by Squeek
            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

            Comment

            • ImEric12
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2004
              • 1952

              #246
              nforcer: fish replaced me.

              I'm back, but I don't think I can replace anyone else without screwing up knowledge balance in the game, so Fish can finish it out for me.

              Comment

              • User6773

                #247
                Hey, good catch, nforcer. psychic.

                Comment

                • JurseyRider734
                  lil j the bad b-word
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 7507

                  #248
                  Psychic said he was going to be gone until Friday night or Saturday morning...just incase you guys were wondering and didn't read.
                  Originally posted by Arch0wl
                  I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                  the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                  Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                  Comment

                  • FishFishRevolution
                    GotR Creator
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 7251

                    #249
                    Originally posted by psychic
                    So, if we assume that Danceguy, Eric, Guido, Omega, Afro, and Deltro (from yesterday's post) are all humans, that leaves Blah, Chardish, Kilga, nForcer, and me.
                    Psychic looks good to me. If he's a wolf, we can use that list he provided there as a nice mix of reds and greens. Then again, he may have left a wolf or two out to stay on double reverse-psychology level.

                    Comment

                    • psychic25
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 367

                      #250
                      WHOA WHOA WHOA NICE BANDWAGON GUYS

                      I agree, this does look very suspicious for me. However...

                      this also looks like a very intelligent wolf tactic designed to get the humans to lynch two specific players- namely, Blah and me. We're the only ones that have been completely inactive, which brings up the possibility that both of us haven't sent in a PM.

                      If it looks too easy, it probably is.

                      I don't think blah is a wolf so much anymore, just because this is so incriminating for him- he easily becomes a lynch target because of this- way too risky.

                      Chardish seems like he's human. That convo pretty much proves his humanity, at least to me.

                      Since Kilga, Chardish, Blah, and I are (probably) all humans, the one person left on my list is nForcer.

                      Comment

                      • nforcer06164
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 4772

                        #251
                        psychic, you fail to realize a few things. The wolves only decrease their chances of winning should they give up their kill. There was no guarantee that Jursey was just going to toss away the wolf kill. There was no guarantee that anybody would catch the fact that you two were inactive. blah was obvious, but nobody caught you until I said something. And it was a fluke... I just checked the past days' messages on the free time I had before I went to work. In the few minutes I had at my computer, I noticed it. psychic, the evidence is solid. That's why there's a bandwagon going right now.

                        Oh, by the way... Kilga from your list is dead.

                        Everyone else... I saw blah on AIM earlier today. Whether he even thought of checking the TWG or not, I don't know. His away message suggested he only has computer access for the weekend. If by chance he DOES check the TWG, he may still be a wolf if a kill occurs... that is assuming of course, that psychic is a wolf, and is lynched.

                        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                        Originally posted by Squeek
                        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                        Comment

                        • psychic25
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 367

                          #252
                          Umm...

                          Originally posted by nforcer
                          but nobody caught you until I said something
                          I announced it in this thread here, and also posted (in passing) in this one. It's not like I tried to keep it a huge secret.

                          Originally posted by nforcer
                          The wolves only decrease their chances of winning should they give up their kill.
                          Not if they can get the humans to lynch two of their own without any qualms by giving up one kill. I do believe that's what's going on here- they're trying to get everybody to bandwagon on Blah and me. Unfortunately, it seems to be working.

                          Originally posted by nforcer
                          Oh, by the way... Kilga from your list is dead.
                          Whoops, sorry :P.

                          Comment

                          • nforcer06164
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2003
                            • 4772

                            #253
                            Like I said before, there's no guarantee any of us would have noticed that with both of you gone, and a kill missing, that you could be the last two wolves. It took me to figure that out. C'mon.

                            Oh, and one more thing before I stop engaging in all of this (last time i tried that, I got lynched...): How can you say blah is "probably human" when he hasn't made a single post all game? It is incriminating, but ANYBODY could go completely inactive as a wolf. Say I signed up for a TWG, and I was a wolf, and then my cable went out for a month. Well, I'd still be a wolf... just totally inactive. blah's situation is no different here. He's completely inactive, but that doesn't mean he isn't a wolf. Am I right or not?

                            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #254
                              Originally posted by enforcer zero six one six four(lol I spelled it like for real)
                              ...Am I right or not?
                              You're right. It is totally possible that blah could be a wolf. However, statistically, he has a 4/18 chance which is about 22%. That's not enough to warrant lynching someone and most likely wasting or lynch.

                              Honestly, I don't think this "evidence" against psychic is very strong either. If the last two wolves were blah and psychic, psychic would have went out of his way to make sure that he got a kill set because he would know that blah wouldn't send a PM in. Even though he couldn't get Internet access or something, he could have PM'd jurs the kill the day before or something.

                              Comment

                              • nforcer06164
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2003
                                • 4772

                                #255
                                Well, Afro, remember... if Kilga was a wolf, then psychic could've been expecting that he (Kilga) would send in the kill, not expecting that he would be lynched.

                                PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                                Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                                Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                                Originally posted by Squeek
                                My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                                Comment

                                Working...