TWG XV - #twgxv (Humans Win. Huzzah.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuidoHunter
    is against custom titles
    • Oct 2003
    • 7371

    #181
    Okay, I, for one, honestly believe alain is human. I charge all of you to go back and reread his posts, especially the one with the conversation with ap. I'm sorry I can't make this a long post, but I'm in a huge hurry to get back to Dallas, so I won't be on until later.

    I was going to make a nice big post last night, but right after dinner we lost our cable.

    Guys, seriously, I don't think we should be killing off alain. I know things look kind of against him, but they're things that could EASILY happen to a human. Plus, alain's defense is spot-on. Be careful, y'all.

    --Guido


    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #182
      Kilga's Guide To Horseplay:

      alain: 5 (chardish, talisman, whorli, Jurs, flypie)
      whorli: 1 (alain)
      blah: 1 (Tass)
      Jurs: 1 (nforcer)

      Still to vote: a bunch of people

      Tass said alain had 5 after he switched to blah, so if I didn't count someone anyone can feel free to point it out.

      EDIT: kthx
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #183
        you forgot flypie for #5.
        RIP

        Comment

        • Neonatrias
          MAЯISA
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2004
          • 919

          #184
          Alright. After reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading the past few pages, I'm going to vote for Jurs for now. Mainly, it's because I feel it won't incur an instalynch and I've got nothing else to go on. I'll be out for a couple hours tonight, by the way.

          Comment

          • JurseyRider734
            lil j the bad b-word
            • Aug 2003
            • 7507

            #185
            Nforcer, I think that your reasoning is totally wrong. You guys are putting votes on me because I was doing something Tass asked someone to do? I didn't want to do it, but I figured no one else would exert themselves as much to look through the TWGs for that stuff, and I didn't feel that it just coming from alain would be enough evidence. Don't be an idiot.
            Originally posted by Arch0wl
            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #186
              Oh and also, I don't see how you guys can say that i'm constantly badgering alain. I snapped at him back after he was being rude to me in his post after I tried to do what Tass asked. If you find that badgering him, then you're all retarded. I'll come back later and make a better post to explain when my temper isn't so flared, because I seem to write ten times more angrily when i'm like this.
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • Tasselfoot
                Retired BOSS
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 25185

                #187
                Frankly... I don't think Jurs or Alain are wolves, at this point.

                And, it scares me that there are NO talks of other wolves, when there are 3 left, total. I'm sure they are laughing their asses off right now.
                RIP

                Comment

                • talisman
                  Resident Penguin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2003
                  • 4598

                  #188
                  Alright, I gotta give alain the benefit of the doubt on this one. That convo with ap would have to be faked with considerable skill, and ap even told me himself that he had talked to alain about the chat thing, in the convo I already posted.

                  Plus things start to make some sense when you consider alain to be human. For example... aperson really wanted to vote for him, and could even have put him into a knife in box scenario with ld, a win-win situation for the wolves (remember we're assuming alain to be human). However, he knew that tass knew the psychic, and that since tass had voiced suspicions about alain and had voted for ld, neither of them was it, and therefore there was a strong possibility the next day that, in the event that alain died, everyone would know he was human. This would make ap look extremely suspicious, as he no doubt realized, hence his choosing of ld.

                  Alright, there are a couple people suspicious to me right now: chardish and guido. Chardish because he went and voted for spheroid on tenuous evidence, made a post later in which he hinted at maybe switching onto alain, and promptly voted for alain today "for the reasons listed above."

                  Guido because he didn't post much day one... just a short post in the beginning sort of skewing chardish's post and his vote post, where he does exactly what he did day one of last game (where he was a wolf): voting safely with tass. Also, aperson uses the same reasoning guido does, which is small, but stuck out to me:

                  Originally posted by guidohunter
                  [LD] once told me that he becomes really disinterested with TWGs when he's just a regular human and his post frequency seems to support that, but I don't think I see disinterest in his posts. Seems to be more of wolfish uncertainty and not playing his normal human game.
                  Originally posted by aperson
                  Instead of showing a disinterest, [LD] has instead had a strange, sketchy nature that I can't really put my finger on.
                  Unfortunately, there are things about both guido and chardish that seem human to me too. So... I don't know what to do.

                  I doubt that jurs is a wolf... it seems unlikely that a wolf would pursue such a vocal and violent and public campaign against someone, but maybe that's just me. Perhaps that's how jurs would work as a wolf, I don't know. And she did say this in the chat recently about alain:

                  Originally posted by the chat
                  Xtrialan Derrorx (6:56:10 PM): I know.
                  Xtrialan Derrorx (6:56:19 PM): But there's no one really who's more suspicious than him.
                  Xtrialan Derrorx (6:56:23 PM): He's our best bet
                  Xtrialan Derrorx (6:56:35 PM): I don't feel safe with him playing the game.
                  One final piece for discussion... here's what ap, who we know is a wolf, said day one:

                  Originally posted by aperson
                  -bunch of stuff about sicilian reasoning-
                  The question is, did the wolves think all the way to the 3rd branch of the logic chain or the second? I would wager to say they followed to the second. Following a sicilian chain to the 3rd branch is not common, I see these same conjectures all the time in poker as a 'what does my opponent think that I think he has' type of argument, and I must rarely think my decision all the way out to the 3rd branch.
                  Does this mean, knowing ap is a wolf (and not the master), they did indeed go to this "third branch"?

                  However, I gotta get off alain. I think all the votes on him may be keeping the wolves quiet... so here's to flypie for no other reason except that I want to get off alain and her votes have been somewhat unsubstantiated. This will stand until I can talk to others about what they think about guido and chardish and hear other people's suggestions.

                  edited to clarify a sentence in the first paragraph.

                  Comment

                  • User6773

                    #189
                    HOLY SHIT, WRONG WINDOW SYNDROME STRIKES AGAIN

                    [21:07] Evan: That still doesn't answer the question of who would want to kill Spheroid.
                    [21:09] TPS: ?
                    [21:11] Evan: There's no good reason to kill Spheroid. He's an idiot.
                    [21:14] TPS: We killed him
                    [21:14] Evan: I think he was blue, because of how Tass defended him. Tass knows all the blues, as far as I know.
                    [21:14] Evan: Wait, huh?
                    [21:14] TPS: Are you talking bout the wolves
                    [21:14] Evan: "We"?
                    [21:14] TPS: FUCK.

                    Took a screenshot, too. I couldn't believe it either. Wow.

                    Screenshot removed, per the rules. Didn't know about that one. Ah well, Talisman and Jurs saw it. IM me if you want to see it, but I have to leave for work now : (

                    TPS for me, obvious reasons. Looks like we can score another one for the humans.

                    I work 10 PM - 4 AM tonight, so I won't be around to see how this plays out, unfortunately : (

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #190
                      well. tps

                      but...

                      Originally posted by the TWG rules
                      Players may not post screenshots of conversations they have with other players.

                      Comment

                      • JurseyRider734
                        lil j the bad b-word
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 7507

                        #191
                        Alrighty, another one down.

                        Tps
                        Originally posted by Arch0wl
                        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                        Comment

                        • whorlichan
                          Tiny Plastic Meat
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 669

                          #192
                          Hot damn...I'm gonna miss you Chardish.

                          Tps.
                          Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                          First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                          My lame LJ
                          My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #193
                            Guys... please give me time to at least talk to TPS before lynching him...
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • Matthew4444
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2004
                              • 139

                              #194
                              TPS

                              It's day two and we've caught two wolves? Nice. Maybe we should allow Tps to defend himself, it might prove humorous.
                              postcount += 1
                              I am also known as TheDarkNerd, if that makes any difference.

                              Comment

                              • Matthew4444
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 139

                                #195
                                I'm gonna quickly change my vote to mead just so Tps actually does have time to defend himself.
                                postcount += 1
                                I am also known as TheDarkNerd, if that makes any difference.

                                Comment

                                Working...