TWG XV - #twgxv (Humans Win. Huzzah.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • flypie743
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2004
    • 3210

    #46
    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
    Still waiting to speak to Mead, Spheroid, and Flypie. After I talk with them I'll be able to figure some things out.
    Feel free to AIM me when I am on.

    IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

    Comment

    • aperson
      FFR Hall of Fame
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 3434

      #47
      Originally posted by Tasselfoot
      Matt.... not only was that exact strategy mentioned already... its common sense.

      Thanks for keeping track with the thread.


      And, to further ap... I think it is safe to say that I am NOT in the pool for MW. Making it Blah, Kefit, Alain, Aperson, Chardish.... maybe Guido for the same reasoning that I picked him to be the wolf in TWG9 Manhunt.
      Of course, but I do not want to rule you out because of your intelligence. There is still the possibility that you have pawned a noobish vigilante in your hands and you are digging everyone's grave.

      Comment

      • Tps222
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2004
        • 6169

        #48
        That would be way too risky for Tass. Even if somehow he did find the vigilante, and tried to convince him, there is the possibilty that the Vigi could get nervous and just use his power on Tass. No way would Tass risk that, especially if the vigi was a newb. That would prove my scenario even more likely.

        I highly doubt Tass being anything other then vigilante, which is the perfect role for him, because if he comes in contact with the seer, and seer's a wolf, and doesn't even have to try and convince us to lynch him, he can just do it himself. This puts us in a great situation to get at least 1 wolf by day 3.

        Comment

        • lightdarkness
          Summer!!
          • Jul 2003
          • 11310

          #49
          Originally posted by aperson
          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
          Matt.... not only was that exact strategy mentioned already... its common sense.

          Thanks for keeping track with the thread.


          And, to further ap... I think it is safe to say that I am NOT in the pool for MW. Making it Blah, Kefit, Alain, Aperson, Chardish.... maybe Guido for the same reasoning that I picked him to be the wolf in TWG9 Manhunt.
          Of course, but I do not want to rule you out because of your intelligence. There is still the possibility that you have pawned a noobish vigilante in your hands and you are digging everyone's grave.
          IF YOU ARE THE VIGILANTE, AND NOT TASS, STATE YOU ARE THE VIGILANTE AND THAT YOU ARE KILLING TASS

          Now you happy AP?

          Comment

          • mead1
            Cerebellumberjack
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2003
            • 3960

            #50
            @ Tass, I am at a friends LAN Halo2 party currently. I will probably be back in a few hours, sorry for being away from the game for such a stretch. Feel free to IM me when you next see me on.

            Comment

            • alainbryden
              Seen your member
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2003
              • 2873

              #51
              I didn't think of it before, but just because everyone is being such an ass about it, assume that Tass talks to the vigilante, he could be human or wolf, and convinces the vigilante to keep quiet so that he could pretend to be the vigilante. He would tell the vigilante that this is for his protection, not to be revealed, and Tass uses this strategy to build the alliance around this false information. This only works for a 'power player' because only they are valuable enough to be consistently guarded as Tass no doubt will. This would be the perfect strategy. Of course, this only works assuming Tass had the luck to have a stupid enough vigilante confide in him without any real evidence. Unlikely at this stage. I imply nothing by this, just an interesting strategic observation. Carry on.
              ~NEIGH

              Comment

              • JurseyRider734
                lil j the bad b-word
                • Aug 2003
                • 7507

                #52
                Except the vigilante would be RETARDED to trust Tass on the first day of Day 1.
                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                Comment

                • Spheroid
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 412

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                  Still waiting to speak to Mead, Spheroid, and Flypie. After I talk with them I'll be able to figure some things out.
                  I guess I should apologize for not being online for the past two days. I was on a small trip where I didn't have access to a computer. Anyway, I've only really skimmed the tread so far. Tommorow, I'll have time to read through it.
                  G-Bin Press Issue 4
                  G-Bin Press Issue 3
                  G-Bin Press Issue 2
                  G-Bin Press Issue 1

                  Comment

                  • alainbryden
                    Seen your member
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 2873

                    #54
                    Well that's all swell, but itsn't the deadline coming up soon? We need to begin seriously considering the best lynching target.
                    ~NEIGH

                    Comment

                    • lightdarkness
                      Summer!!
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 11310

                      #55
                      Well... here is my thoughts.

                      One of the people offereing all the senarios is a wolf. Just saying that off of a hunch. I think it's too early to try and lynch one of them, so we have to look towards others.

                      Honestly, who is acting wolfy? I haven't seen anyone. This is one tricky TWG, usually we've had AT LEAST one vote by now (Usually my random one)

                      Hopefully we can make stuff happen tomorrow.

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #56
                        Voting ends at 1am tonight..... and, SOMEONE is going to get a phantom.

                        Frankly, I'm going to be god damn furious if a single one of you votes yourself... it will make it VERY easy for the wolves to place 1-2 extra votes on you and get you killed. They'll have their choice of kill.

                        I mentioned in chat that Spheroid hadn't been around and it was pissing me off. Who knows how active he'll be for the rest of the game, or how many phantoms he'll rack up. So, would it be THAT terrible to off him now, save us all the hassle later? I'm aware its a damn bad strategy, but the leads I've been looking into haven't yet had time to develop.

                        Apart from that, the only other option would be to lynch someone like Alain or ap based on the probability that they were picked as the 4th wolf.

                        I'm heading out for brunch with my mother soon.... will be back in a few hours.
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • nforcer06164
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2003
                          • 4772

                          #57
                          Well, my first suspicions regarding marking picks were Tass, the ap. Of course, Tass has pretty much proven his humanity. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not keeping an eye on ap, but it's really nothing more than a gut feeling. I'd HATE to go on just that, but at this point, that's what it looks like.

                          Does Kefit even know he's playing right now? I thought of random voting from the list of players that have not posted, but, well, Kefit's the only one left. He tends to be inactive, so I'm not going to place a vote on him right now, but I might if he doesn't show up soon.

                          Also, on a side note... very recently, a personal matter of a severe and very sensitive nature has come up for me. I'm not going to try to let it affect my game, but if I become a bit inactive, don't attribute it to wolfiness. If the situation calls for my attention, I'll have to push this aside. Neo can vouch for me on this. I'd rather not discuss it right now, either. I'm only posting this to let you know what's going on in case I seem to disappear for a few (real life) days.

                          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                          Originally posted by Squeek
                          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                          Comment

                          • Neonatrias
                            MAЯISA
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 919

                            #58
                            Originally posted by nforcer06164
                            Also, on a side note... very recently, a personal matter of a severe and very sensitive nature has come up for me. I'm not going to try to let it affect my game, but if I become a bit inactive, don't attribute it to wolfiness. If the situation calls for my attention, I'll have to push this aside. Neo can vouch for me on this. I'd rather not discuss it right now, either. I'm only posting this to let you know what's going on in case I seem to disappear for a few (real life) days.
                            Agreed. The situation is similar for me, though not in quite such severity.

                            Anyway, I'm going to be gone most of the day. I'll be back later tonight.

                            Comment

                            • alainbryden
                              Seen your member
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 2873

                              #59
                              Tass, I don't like your idea of lynching people just because if they 'were' wolves, they would pose a risk. This is the exact type of thinking you have critisized in past games when your humanity was uncertain. Same goes with your whim decision that Spheroid would be a good target.

                              Tass can vote whoever he wants everyone, remember, but his idea of who would be a good lynching target is no better than anyone elses. [/bandwagon prevention]

                              That aside, I agree that we should try to decide as a group on one person instead of having 1 or 2 votes on everyone. A chat meeting would be best for this. Hopefully this can be aranged for sometime around 6 or so, and we can make a group decision.
                              ~NEIGH

                              Comment

                              • mead1
                                Cerebellumberjack
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 3960

                                #60
                                Excellent idea alain. 6 sounds good to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...