TWG XV - #twgxv (Humans Win. Huzzah.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lightdarkness
    Summer!!
    • Jul 2003
    • 11310

    #16
    Here is something that just pop'd into my head.

    What if a power player got MW right off the bat? They would have no need to bring in a power player, and just mark a low profile player to be a wolf...

    Comment

    • User6773

      #17
      Originally posted by lightdarkness
      Here is something that just pop'd into my head.

      What if a power player got MW right off the bat? They would have no need to bring in a power player, and just mark a low profile player to be a wolf...
      The only thing I can think of is the age old "stupid, or wolf?" question. It really hurts the wolves to have a stupid person on the wolf side (not that i'm accusing anyone in this game of being stupid.) In almost every TWG someone gets lynched because they were being stupid even though they weren't a wolf (with the exception of blah last game, who was being stupid even though he was a wolf.)

      (Aside: also, for this reason, I'd guess that blah isn't the mark. Pretty much everyone knows that he failed miserably at being a wolf last time, and I don't think that they'd let him have another shot at it.)

      But my point is, the more people on the human side who are likely to be stupid and act wolfish, the more that helps the wolves. I don't think the wolves have any good reason to recruit a lesser-known player, and they'd have to be brain dead to give him master. If I were a wolf, I'd rather have someone like Tass, Guido, Alain, myself, etc. on the team than some newbie.

      Therefore, I'm confident that at least one experienced player is a wolf.

      Comment

      • Neonatrias
        MAЯISA
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2004
        • 919

        #18
        That's still going to put us in the same situation in the end. We'd still end up with three regular wolves and a powerful MW...

        However, there's a worse scenario. Say a power player was chosen MW already...And then they brought in another power player as the last wolf, and made them MW instead? Then we'd have a power player MW, a power player normal wolf, and two others...

        In either case, we'd have a good bit of trouble on our hands.

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #19
          LD and Neon... did you not read Chardish's initial post?

          Hence the comment about being stupid. He (as I would have had I been home to post it before he did) clearly stated the 2 scenarios... #1, recruit a power player and make them MW. But, #2... MW is already a power player. And, in that case, the obvious choice is to bring in the most powerful person possible with little to no chance to be a wolf. Although Chardish said something slightly different. He said that in case #2, the wolves would recruit another power player. I disagree with that completely, as there is too strong a chance of them being seered... even with all of us agreeing that the seer should not seer the power players. Night 1 alone could bring down that powerful recruit, etc etc. That is why I think that my #2 scenario is a better strategy. Whether that is what happened or not, who knows.
          RIP

          Comment

          • User6773

            #20
            If a wolf is doing a good enough job of acting human, he's going to be pretty low on the seer priority list. However, if a more mid-level player (I'd put Kefit, LD, aperson, whorli in this list) is acting kind of iffy, or half-and-half, they might be more likely to draw the seer's attention.

            Any dead wolf is not good for the wolves, even if it's a newbie - that's one more day they have to stay alive. Thus I don't think the wolves would want to take a chance by recruiting anybody but a power player.

            Comment

            • flypie743
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2004
              • 3210

              #21
              Just so you guys know I am leaving for a party in a few minutes and then to a dance then spending the night at a friend's house. I will be back on Saturday afternoon.

              IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

              Comment

              • nforcer06164
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2003
                • 4772

                #22
                I have to say, I completely agreed and was going to post Chardish's theory as well, Tass.

                The possibility of Tass being marked, likely without a doubt, ran across my mind. But, as I thought about and what was already mentioned, I will reiterate: the wolves may have expected us to think just that, and lynch Tass. That way, a powerful human ally is killed off and the wolves are safe. I am definitely learning in the latter direction on this subject, because I'm sure the wolves thought this out even more than I did when selecting a mark.

                What really pisses me off right off the bat in this game is that we didn't get to see a Night 1 kill, or even an attempt at one. This will make our lynching for Day 1 the most random and ineffective yet.

                PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                Originally posted by Squeek
                My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                Comment

                • whorlichan
                  Tiny Plastic Meat
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 669

                  #23
                  Well, it seems like everyone (including me) agrees with Chardish and Tass (since they basically said the same thing).

                  I am still leaning slightly more towards the power players as the ones to check out, since with so many of them in the game, it's highly likely that at least one of them is A wolf, if not the MASTER wolf.
                  Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                  First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                  My lame LJ
                  My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                  Comment

                  • Kilgamayan
                    Super Scooter Happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 6583

                    #24
                    Notice/Reminder

                    The final Community Megapack selection process takes place in #a0.com tomorrow at 2 PM EST. I don't know how long it will run, but it will require my full attention, so I'll be unable to pay any reasonable amount of attention to this while it's going on.

                    Hopefully it won't take more than a couple hours.
                    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #25
                      After some thought, I have decided to post this....


                      I am the Vigilante.


                      I'd like to work with the seer, psychic, guardian to have a solid core of 4, regardless of the people who are brought in as "seered". Now, clearly, the first thought is that either I am in fact the Vigilante... or I am a wolf. The thing I realized, and the reason that I am posting this... is that IF I were a wolf, the real vigilante would kill me, with no possible repercussions and would be a 100% confirmed human for the other blues to flock to. That makes absolutely 0 sense for a wolf to do.... therefore, I have to be the vigilante.

                      I leave it to all of you to decide if there is any loophole in my logic, because I can't think of it. Also, hopefully this will help protect me from wolfings, as the guardian has a damn good reason (better than normal) to keep me alive.

                      Come to me my blue friends.
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #26
                        Also, in case someone is still skeptical.....

                        lightdarkness42: damn
                        lightdarkness42: that is some fine logic


                        Ares113: So.
                        Ares113: If you don't vigilante today, what's going to keep the wolves from wolfing you?
                        TasselFoot: guardian.
                        TasselFoot: or threat of guardian
                        TasselFoot: guardian gets TWO people to guard tonight
                        Ares113: Yes, of course.
                        TasselFoot: no reason i won't be one of them.


                        Phonem Recursive: very interesting
                        Phonem Recursive: That's amazing logic
                        TasselFoot: thank you.
                        Phonem Recursive: You're right, if you are not the vigilante you will be killed


                        I have quotes from other people, but I don't want to reveal to anyone who may or may not be a blue. You get the idea, multiple good players agree with my logic and have been unable to see a flaw in it.

                        Edit is me adding in the aperson quote. Didn't want to triple post.
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          Ok then, I join the chorus about chardish's post being right on, etc etc, and tass' revealment of his role is pretty damn slick, and really helps the seer early on since automatically three other people are eliminated as potential wolves, which will be excellent for alliance building/wolf finding.

                          Really nothing else to add at this point, except that I disagree with this reasoning:

                          Originally posted by chardish
                          (Aside: also, for this reason, I'd guess that blah isn't the mark. Pretty much everyone knows that he failed miserably at being a wolf last time, and I don't think that they'd let him have another shot at it.)
                          I mean, the reason that blah failed at being a wolf was because A) tass was guarded and therefore made an early alliance B) tass was suspicious of him and C) if blah hadn't been seered night one, he sure as hell would be night two. I think he kind of realized he was in a hopeless position and gave up, not that he lacks the skill to be a wolf. He's still a possible mark in my mind.

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #28
                            Talisman... you definately aren't wrong. also, D) He's been working night and day on a project for a class of his... still working on it acutally. Its been distracting him.

                            BUT... the fact remains... he's been a wolf 1 time in 12 games, and he botched it pretty badly. Whether it was his fault or not, we won't discuss. All that matters is that he did, and everyone knows it. It looks bad all around, thereby making him a less likely choice.

                            I said something similar in chat though... something like "Blah is my dark horse choice for MW"... we'll see.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • lightdarkness
                              Summer!!
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 11310

                              #29
                              Here was my logic about Tass.

                              Someone mentioned "Well.. what if the real vigilante isn't on, and Tass used that to get a few special roles before being killed"

                              Here is my response: It's Tass for christ sake, would he honestly go on a suicide mission on day 1? He loves pips more than whorli, of course he wouldnt'

                              Comment

                              • alainbryden
                                Seen your member
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 2873

                                #30
                                It's flawless. It's obvious.

                                What a game where now it is the less skilled players that will be forced to run the show with the exception of Tass.
                                I will leave you to your musings to find how I came to that conclusion. Everything else has been said.
                                ~NEIGH

                                Comment

                                Working...