TWG XI - BEMSTYL WOLF TRIBE VICTORY DAY 8

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #91
    OK guys.... this is what Cen was doing:

    *edited*

    He did this to 4 other people as well, none of them lied. They were all confused. What does this tell us? That roopert ain't no human. I tried to get in touch with him late last night, or for him to contact me while I was away, in case he is a blue.... but he did not respond. Which makes it look like he is a wolf even moreso.

    My vote is changed to roopert.

    PS - Cen's vote doesn't count.
    RIP

    Comment

    • blahblah18
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2004
      • 1662

      #92
      ok, so I've been kinda inactive because I was away from my computer for almost 36 hours... Right now, the oddest people acting up of the 16 or so that are really acting at all would be LD,EB,neon,talisman

      Talisman's Logic is basically, "statistically speaking, since there are 6 wolves, at least one of them will be a strong active player... for this reasong I choose blah, because he is a strong active player and thus fits the criteria that I just made up on the spot..."
      A. How absurd
      B. Reasong for not being around stated above (playing in a marathon poker game)
      C. This excuse for an argument actually brings zero logic whatsoever, and now my job is to discern whether or not this is just the ramblings of some fool that doesn't understand what he's really trying to get at.... OR if he was looking for some elaborate way to get a vote on me for some reason OR if he just wanted to bring up the other names that he did to perhaps throw suspicion OFF them, and to try and sever any ties between him and the others.

      Personally, I'm not sure which one it is yet talisman, but if he's a wolf, I'd think that perhaps one of his 2 partners was on that list of his.

      The reason why I would think perhaps neon might be a wolf is for the reasons Tass mentioned involving kenzya, yet neon at least graced us with his presence and threw a vote on someone that in a short span of time seemed to have a nice little backing, and as a first time player, I could see that he would want to insert himself inside any little bandwagon before it got out of control. His reasoning for the vote is that just something struck him as odd, but he couldn't really define it well. I don't buy it at all, but it may be just a first timer not knowing what to do.

      EB I don't have a tremendous suspicion of, but I don't likle how he hasn't really contacted me once yet, when usually he always does. I also don't like how defensive he's been in his posts and drawing attention away from any true discussion and brings it to his own personal desires to stay alive. Usually he keeps that crap for the postgame, not ingame.

      LD also seems to be acting slightly odd, but I haven't spoken to him as much as I would like to to form more of a concrete opinion, but its just a feeling I have, in the same way that I had the feeling of him the last game he played, when he was a wolf. He seems to be acting more cautious then he normally is, as opposed to his outspoken style that he usually employs. Its definately something I'll be keeping a closer eye on and I hope everyone else does too.

      Personally, my vote will most likely go to either Neon or Talisman, but I have yet to decide which one.
      but for now... postCount++

      Comment

      • lightdarkness
        Summer!!
        • Jul 2003
        • 11310

        #93
        Originally posted by blahblah18
        LD also seems to be acting slightly odd, but I haven't spoken to him as much as I would like to to form more of a concrete opinion, but its just a feeling I have, in the same way that I had the feeling of him the last game he played, when he was a wolf. He seems to be acting more cautious then he normally is, as opposed to his outspoken style that he usually employs. Its definately something I'll be keeping a closer eye on and I hope everyone else does too.
        The reason I haven't been as outspoken in the past, is because this game has changed since the last time i've played it.

        Before, I would throw around random votes on day one, and see where that got me. Now, you bassicly have to have solid proof for anyone to accept your vote on day one.

        As for Roopert, I'm still not convinced he is a wolf. It's quite possible he is a blue, or maybe he just paniced and said whatever he thought was right.

        As for talisman, I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing, but maybe i'm not looking deep enough.

        For now, my vote stands. If you would like to chat just send me an instant message, or shout my name in the chat; I can usually spot when my name comes up.

        Comment

        • blahblah18
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 1662

          #94
          Also, I'm not saying here that Tass is a wolf, just that his previous post about asking to be seered proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT WHETHER HE IS A GREEN BLUE OR RED
          He knows that he's gonna be seered, probably night 1, definately by night 2. This is inevitable, its just gonna happen. So the fact that he asks to be seered changes absolutely nothing. Basically, if he's a wolf, he's gonna ahve to deal with the fact that one person knows he's a wolf. The plus sides for him then is that
          A) The seer really can't tell anyone without telling him he's the seer, so he has to wait at least one day for that, and then he still might be telling a wolf from the other team.
          B) Obviously he's planned for this if needed, since we all know this situation will come at some point, so by asking for it first, he can denounce any as a fake seer, to try and get the real seer killed instead.

          We've spoken about this before and we've said that it would probably have to go down something like this.
          What I'm NOT saying here is that Tass is a wolf.
          What I AM saying is that its just as inconclusive about him as it is for anyone else, and he's told me that 2 blues have already gone to him and told him their roles.
          That's very dangerous, and I'm telling you all to heed much more caution then you all seem to be doing.

          In conclusion,
          seer me, I'm human.
          but for now... postCount++

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #95
            my reply:

            TasselFoot: the fact of the matter is, i'm NOT doing what you said.
            mastr414: i don't think you are


            In truth, everything blah said is theoretically true. But, at the same time, the 2 seers DO need to come together for the humans to have an excellent shot at winning. My method is still the best way to get the 2 seers together. If someone has a better way besides hunt and peck, I'm all ears and willing to let them do that instead. If not, I hope the seers still seer me tonight and come to me tomorrow.
            RIP

            Comment

            • blahblah18
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2004
              • 1662

              #96
              The point is that it could be either way, but for the seers to come to you is really stupid.
              say you're a wolf, one seer comes to you saying he saw you're human... you choose a wolf buddy and tell the seer that he's the other seer and saw you were human. Bam! that's that... and the real seer that sees you as a wolf will either
              A) be killed
              or
              B) be called a false seer as the "third" one that comes to you

              This way by Tass is basically a method so that if Tass is a wolf, wolves win, if tass is human, humans have a better shot at winning...
              Either way, all this does is let Tass win.

              Just be careful people, and think for yourselves instead of seeing things posted only skin deep...
              I'm upset no one else thought of any of this... or maybe wern't able to... *sigh*

              This last post by Tass is just trying to gloss over the fact, and telling you that I'm right but that it should be ignored because there's no better way.

              Just think on it people, and reply... show that this isn't a lost cause.
              but for now... postCount++

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #97
                Tass:

                bjstrattonIM: I'm going to guess that this is the 3rd IM you've gotten asking this question.
                bjstrattonIM: What did Cenright do? o_O
                This Is Chardish: I couldn't tell you without revealing his role.
                bjstrattonIM: But Tass doesn't know?
                This Is Chardish: Tass knows more than he should.
                This Is Chardish: No sense in multiplying the problem.
                bjstrattonIM: I meant in the sense that you didn't tell him anything extra.
                bjstrattonIM: Since he conveyed your message.
                This Is Chardish: Right.
                bjstrattonIM: Okay.

                Even though I'm sure a lot of people have seen them by now (since I didn't get to it earlier), I've edited out your Cenright convos accordingly. Talk to chardish if you have a problem with it.

                If they're allowed back in I have them saved even if you don't.
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #98
                  I have them too. Cen gave them to me before he was kicked out. He also gave them to 4-5 other people. Lots of people have that conversation.

                  I'm alsp disappointed that roopert didn't reply to what was said. Also, kilga... I'm still in class. Can you ask Chardish if its ok to put that back in? And, if so, please do so. Thanks. My vote stands.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #99
                    Alright, it seems I need to explain my vote a little more clearly. Because there is nothing concrete for me to go on, not even gut instincts about a players behavior (because I don't really know any of you guys too well yet), I figured I should pick a vote amongst people who have a higher probability for being wolves than those who don't.

                    Now I consider blah to be an active player, hence he was on my list. I mentioned that he has been somewhat more inactive this game than how I thought he normally played, and it turns out he has an excuse for this. My vote was never an inactivity vote... blah has made four posts and showed up in the chat for a time. What I said was that, according to what I imagined he would be like, he wasn't as active as I thought. Here's the full quote:

                    Originally posted by talisman
                    one he hasn't been as active as I expected a power player with his reputation to be thus far (of course just my expectations)
                    notice the caveat in parentheses flypie omitted.

                    Now, this was NOWHERE NEAR the main reason I chose blah. The main reason, as I clearly stated, is here:

                    Originally posted by talisman
                    but thirdly, and mainly, because at this stage I don't want to lynch a human... and I feel that other players might be less likely to vote for him. In other words, I don't want him gone... in fact I kinda want to know what his ideas are, I just picked one from (who I consider) active players. If he is in trouble tomorrow because of this post, I will seriously reconsider changing my vote.
                    I can see where it can be argued that I contradicted myself, but I never intended to express my vote as an inactivity vote. Quite the contrary, I voted for someone who I consider to be a historically active player who at the point in time I was writing happened to be playing in a marathon poker game which I had no idea about. Can you really fault me, a new player, for simply noticing that blah, obviously one of the most appreciated players of the game, wasn't being as involved as I (obviously incorrectly) imagined him to be?

                    I don't want blah gone... if I did, why would I have told the chatroom after I made my post to "not bandwaggon" on my vote? I simply don't want to throw up a random vote, or vote for myself like psychic, and I already explained lengthily my procedure for slightly derandomizing my selection.

                    And for those people that voted for me because of the supposed contradiction, how does such a contradiction make me a wolf? Isn't it more likely that I just misexpressed myself? And would you guys be making this much of a fuss if I had picked aperson or ld or afro or anyone else on that list?

                    I AM human, I guarantee it, and if I get voted out tonight, you guys will definitely be apologizing in the postgame thread.

                    Comment

                    • ImEric12
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 1952

                      #100
                      Hmmm... I don't really want to do this until I have more reason to be suspicious, but I don't want a phantom vote, either.

                      So I guess I'll officially drop my vote for Omeganitros. My reasons are stated in my last post.

                      Comment

                      • whorlichan
                        Tiny Plastic Meat
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 669

                        #101
                        Whorli's Awesomely Cool Totally Not Ripped Off From Anyone Voting Guide:
                        (now counting down from Deeply Screwed to Not To Worry)

                        Omeganitros (3) - Neonatrias, Gamepro17616, ImEric12
                        talisman (3) - Kilgamayan, mead1, Whorlichan
                        lightdarkness (2) - evilbutterfly, roopert
                        Afrobean (1) - lightdarkness
                        evilbutterfly (1) - eyespewgreekfire
                        Whorlichan (1) - Omeganitros
                        blahblah18 (1) - talisman
                        psychic25 (1) - psychic25
                        roopert (1) - Tasselfoot
                        Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                        First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                        My lame LJ
                        My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #102
                          From the chat room, in case I haven't cleared things up enough:


                          stressreliefball: so two of the votes for me are because I supposedly contradicted myself... even if I did, how does that make me a wolf?
                          stressreliefball: doesn't make sense to me
                          lightdarkness42: what
                          WhorliChan: it doesn't necessarily make you a wolf
                          stressreliefball: but warrants a vote?
                          WhorliChan: but it is the kind of backwards thinking and shoddy logic that wolves use
                          WhorliChan: to get other people to join them
                          stressreliefball: but I don't want anyone to join me
                          WhorliChan: if you don't want to vote, take your phantom like a man
                          WhorliChan: don't go off on someone useful to humans
                          stressreliefball: obviously blah isn't going to be gone
                          stressreliefball: so I'm not offing anyone
                          WhorliChan: or say, this is a vote so that i don't get a phantom.
                          WhorliChan: don't try to wiggle your way into making it seem reasonable when it's not.
                          stressreliefball: look, I didn't want to make a random vote
                          stressreliefball: I wanted to at leas narrow the field a little
                          Afrobean16: I usually try to at least put some logic into my votes, even though a lot of the time, it's just to save myself
                          WhorliChan: then don't vote at all. or vote for someone you are suspicious of.
                          stressreliefball: so that's what I did
                          WhorliChan: what do you mean narrow the field?
                          stressreliefball: I mean
                          Afrobean16: he decided that one of like 8 people are likely a wolf
                          stressreliefball: I explained this in length
                          stressreliefball: yeah
                          Afrobean16: I just finished that post
                          WhorliChan: but didn't vote for any of them?
                          stressreliefball: I DID vote for one of them
                          stressreliefball: however
                          stressreliefball: knowing that I could easily choose incorrectly
                          stressreliefball: I decided to go with someone who probably wouldn't be voted out
                          stressreliefball: I didn't want to the cause of someone's demise
                          WhorliChan: okay, okay
                          Afrobean16: that makes sense to me talisman
                          WhorliChan: understood. still seems a little fishy, but i can see your point.
                          stressreliefball: thank you, and I can see yours about my apparent contradiction... I wasn't nearly as clear there as I should have been

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #103
                            OK, I am quite entirely sure that Cen was human. Because of this, I can say that I believe Cen's evidence against Omega is not slanted in the way that a wolf's would be (wolves accuse humans, while humans accuse who they believe to be wolves). Cen's logic seems totally flawless, and because of this, I will vote Omega.

                            Also, I'm pretty sure that Talisman is human and he doesn't deserve to be lynched over something so stupid. When I first read his post, I understood it exactly as he meant it to. I don't see why you guys have so much trouble with it.

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #104
                              Guys.... I hate to have to do this, but I want to save him. Omega contacted me saying that he is blue. I told Cen this after he had gone on his rant, but he never posted anything to retract his statement before being booted.

                              Also, as I have to run to class (again), I'm going to try and further save Omega (since no one is saying ANYTHING about my evidence against roopert). Vote changed to Talisman.

                              I'd rather lynch a green than a blue. Sorry Talisman. I still say roopert is the one we need to lynch. AND... IF ENOUGH PEOPLE DECIDE TO SWITCH THEIR VOTES TO ROOPERT BEFORE THE DAY ENDS, PLEASE CHANGE MY VOTE TO ROOPERT AS WELL. I will not be here to do it myself.

                              Thanks. And, sorry Talisman. You're the lesser of 2 evils right now.
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • ImEric12
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 1952

                                #105
                                Wait, why would we switch to Roopert in particular?

                                EDIT: oh, it's something from the forbidden post. hmm =\ I hate to change my vote with absolutely no evidence.

                                Comment

                                Working...