TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #931
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    that is the only thing I can say about Tokzic at the moment, he has nothing else to offer


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #932
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      i promised you guys some reads

      sorry if it looks like i'm being super short with this, it's a little more granular than e.g. mashi or AA reads

      never write posts in notepad it is the worst

      thinking less wolfy:

      AragakiAyase has certainly made some odd-sounding posts that people like to pick on (like the 72-hour dig), but honestly he's made some great posts since then and i think opposition to him is mostly just attitude being attitude
      reuben_tate was all right while he's been around, i'm okay with keeping him on town side because of his focus on gradiant until gradiant came in and clarified a bit
      thesunfan has worried me a lot by pushing really hard on the meta, especially on how hard he cut into DBP, but since then he's generally been a driver of discussion
      XelNya towerposts are apparently a thing (ugh, thanks zenith for the heads-up) but he's done some work in calling things out where he sees them
      Charles Claythorne is the cutest, but i'm also a fan of him poking at details like "does dbp usually enter the game in a particular way?" just kind of pulling out the unspoken things and not taking them with tacit acceptance.
      MixMasterLar could still be antitown as mentioned, but i doubt wolfy; honestly i'm still going with the 2 wolves reason, rather than buying into sunfan's meta read because i feel like he'd have said "X would never do A" either way (having read that postgame). it's just a turn of phrasing that i don't think has as much significance. he wanted to raise AA's comment and that's how he did it.

      null:
      (almost by definition a lot of these reads are meh)

      Xiz is hard to read either way for me because while he's been hounding some details now, he played a sloppier early game that xel picked on him for
      Gradiant is quite a lot of concentrated salt, but he did have one post against AA that i'm not sure if AA just missed or dismissed as repeating the same things
      Tokzic is pretty quiet, but i'm not sure why people are making so much out of his "hard claim". i'm not taking it seriously because afaics going yolo doesn't benefit the attorneys
      Charu's catch-up has read more like a stream of consciousness as he reads the thread to me than a critical analysis, wish he'd worry less about his formatting looking like :effort:
      Arntonach put in some effort now but it doesn't really scream town to me more than "okay this is actually my attempt at doing a first close read"
      _Zenith_ hasn't really pushed me one way or the other yet even with his whole page but he's caught up now at least. it's a little close to EOD unfortunately
      YoshL is all right, mostly playing defense and unfortunately this d0 is a weekend
      Yoshiisland seems decent and i like that he's getting in more interactions today, talking to zenith

      thinking more wolfy than not:

      DaBackpack got called out for not posting (sunfan's meta read) and then really needed to save face, which i'm not quite sure he's done - he got mostly bogged down in responding to yoshl and asking MML what counting meant. it doesn't seem like the best follow-up to a push even though he did put some care into it - he got the whole "i can understand why you see me as wolf" part but not so much a "here's why i'm not"
      Wineandbread's main contribution seems to be wagoning hard with the meta on DBP (which itself may be fizzling by this point?); also he still hasn't voted as he promised or posted anything saying he'd do otherwise? honestly i'm seeing his contribution as near zero even though it seems like he'd have been around enough to say more, and that's odd to me

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #933
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        honestly it makes most sense as a SK move as opposed to a mafia move

        but I'll leave him to the powers at be
        If I am wrong, so be it, but I really feel like your posts just like

        I don't think you're interested/invested in the game

        you're just kind of commenting, not sleuthing like a gumshoe
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • inDheart
          Picker @ JAX2
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2011
          • 505

          #934
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          also this amazing thing turned out to be in my playlist: eAeon - Harder Better Faster Stronger

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #935
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Why are all my town reads giving Xel's post the thumbs up? omg


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • _Zenith_
              Accuracy Player
              • Mar 2011
              • 4629

              #936
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              my reasoning being "I'm an attorney" is something a townie MIGHT say in order to direct a nightkill. But the tactic is so overtly obvious that no mafia is going to kill him after saying that.

              Meaning it's a tactic one would optimally use in order to actually last longer in the game, which fits the SK bill the most
              I agree with all of this

              Hardclaiming in his position though has a few uses but on paper it's terrible





              Comment

              • thesunfan
                Role Tide
                Sectional Moderator
                • May 2011
                • 10859

                #937
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                indheart's read on MML seems like he actually thought about the read
                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                Originally posted by star-crossed
                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #938
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  If I am wrong, so be it, but I really feel like your posts just like

                  I don't think you're interested/invested in the game

                  you're just kind of commenting, not sleuthing like a gumshoe
                  I hope you're able to amend your meta on me after this game is over then


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • inDheart
                    Picker @ JAX2
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 505

                    #939
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    idk why i typed "since then" for sunfan

                    he's been pushing discussion for a while

                    Comment

                    • roundbox
                      fhqwhgads
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 2086

                      #940
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD


                      VOTE COUNT
                      Xelnya -> Mashi
                      Xiz -> AA
                      Yoshiisland -> Charu
                      YoshL -> thesunfan
                      Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
                      Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
                      YoshL -> inDheart
                      Xelnya -> reuben_tate
                      inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
                      thesunfan -> inDheart
                      inDheart -> Unvote
                      AragakiAyase -> inDheart
                      YoshL -> AragakiAyase
                      Xiz -> AragakiAyase
                      inDheart -> AragakiAyase
                      AragakiAyase -> Unvote
                      AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
                      MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
                      MixMasterLar -> Unvote
                      thesunfan -> DaBackpack
                      Charu -> DaBackpack
                      Xelnya -> Xiz
                      YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                      Xiz -> MixMasterLar
                      DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
                      inDheart -> Unvote
                      AragakiAyase -> Charu
                      MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
                      Tokzic -> inDheart
                      Arntonach -> Charu
                      thesunfan -> Unvote
                      Yoshiisland -> Unvote
                      thesunfan -> DaBackpack
                      reuben_tate -> Charu
                      ARagakiAyase -> Unvote
                      Arntonach -> Unvote

                      ---


                      MixMasterLar
                      X.X.X
                      DaBackpack
                      X.X.X
                      AragakiAyase
                      X
                      Charu
                      X
                      Xiz
                      X
                      inDheart
                      X


                      ---

                      Unvote:

                      Yoshiisland
                      inDheart
                      AragakiAyase
                      Arntonach

                      Yet to vote:

                      Wineandbread
                      _Zenith_
                      Charles Claythorne

                      ---

                      Today's theme:
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #941
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Yoshiisland
                        This sounds to me like "I'm new, so don't lynch me. Also, I don't want to provide any information that may be useful for this game or even try to figure out this game. But I'm new!"

                        I understand this is your first game here on FFR, as it is mines, but can you at least give your first impressions? It could give us some information to work with.
                        Gross post, that just knocked you into slight wolf in my read.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #942
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          I'm kind of ignoring new players at the moment


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #943
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            I hope you're able to amend your meta on me after this game is over then
                            this is such a weird response in my mind
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • Gradiant
                              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 1100

                              #944
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Don't know why people are complaining about charu's posts, they don't take much effort to read through

                              Comment

                              • AragakiAyase
                                Waifus
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 961

                                #945
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                arnt: post about hatetrain on me being dumb and other synopsisish stuff, not very useful, but he's done stuff like this as both town/SK I think? not really a fan of where he says he wants his posts to be good as a justification for being inactive. pretty much his entire reads list is "I can't read this"??? someone pushed him to try harder, I think he does so in his next post. he does here. I actually agree with the results of most of his reads, even if I don't really like how he got to them (or in some cases, the lack of how he got to them). I don't like how he just threw a vote on charu at what seemed like a convenient time after I had been reiterating my scumread on him, but looking at arnt's reads it seems more consistent. What I don't understand is what makes you think MML isn't an SK, elaborate? not very comfortable with you still, could lynch you but I think if you can expand more that may change.

                                mashi: post 243 where he discussed with me how I thought indheart's "deflection" was wolfy is good, because when he said that I thought more about how likely it was that it could come from a human as well as scum, even if my resulting conclusion was still the same. going to lazily summarize his wall-posts here, they (by his own admission) align with sunfan's observations who I'm townreading so that's good. I also like how at the top of post 536 he made an observation about how the delay between my vote and reasoning leans him more town. it's a subtle thing that I think would be more likely passed over by a wolf mashi. post 682 I mindmelded with the majority of his reads at the time (island I had as null/scummy iirc before he responded to me). ok not much more to say, there's not really something that I dislike about mashi atm. I disagree though in 838 that the bickering between MML/others is all human, I think there's probably a scum in there (one in indheart/MML perhaps). Do you still think MML is town? anyways no way am I touching mashi today, strong town

                                yoshl: yoshl's annoyance at MML seems genuine and his point about MML seemingly lumping him in with other inactives, and then not following up I also like. his next two posts where he discusses DBP's meta with me are fine, but he didn't say anything about DBP yet which DBP pointed out and yoshl said it was because of not reading the thread enough, so actually this sentence isn't going anywhere. in his interactions with MML yoshl definitely comes out looking better, especially since MML seems to be ignoring things that yoshl is saying like how he wasn't up to date with the thread. will probably see more when I look at MML. post 782 was fine. I'm fine with yoshl today like I was before rereading, tone/aggression seems in line with town play

                                indheart: I voted him early on for what I thought was both appeasement and deflection here. he then voted me after xiz, saying I read too much into his posts and was being weird, which I said was bs. he addressed my accusation against him fairly well though in post 247 though. I think someone brought up this post and how it was just wrong, but I dont' remember who/where so I'm bringing it up again. I don't like 616 because he throws out two options for MML, says he doesn't know which to choose, but then doesn't elaborate further on which he thinks could be more likely based on xyz, instead choosing just to say "let's talk about it". He also did the same thing in a post about DBP in 603, where he summarized what people had said about DBP, didn't say anything himself, then asked what other people think. and I found that it was sunfan who addressed the post I linked that was incorrect by indheart so we're good. post 703 I didn't like because as I said, it pretty much felt like him just yelling at MML but not talking about the actual content and what MML's behavior meant. He then responded with 711 which was nice. I'm pretty null on indheart overall, he's done stuff I've liked and disliked. I feel like he's very neutral though until prompted, there are multiple posts that I've noted where he mentions something and then comes to no conclusion, instead asking for other people's thoughts first. I'd be ok with lynching him but probably not today



                                fuuuuuck there are too many people in this game

                                I will not be doing this again if I live

                                pikakirby123 reincarnated





                                Comment

                                Working...