TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AragakiAyase
    Waifus
    • Apr 2015
    • 961

    #841
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    I guess I'll go over xelnya, I think it's mostly going to be looking at his big post


    Originally posted by XelNya
    I'll go over the AA thing when I get home tho because this pile up feels like a shit attempt to make aa either tilt, care less, or force him to react in an attempt to clear him off the table because of????

    Wait why is aa gettin' this treatment again?
    I said earlier this reminds me of the boats game where he said a similar soft defense of me and was a wolf. but sunfan also pointed out that xelnya didn't know his partners that game, so it's not a good comparison. That said, somehow it still makes me feel uneasy, except for the fact that he talked at length about it in his big post which makes me think it's less likely to be an easy pocket attempt

    Originally posted by XelNya
    There's a lot actually

    you may think it's a good joke but rly

    there's a lot
    side note: I like this post because I agree that at this point there was a lot to go through and xel saying that shows that he's trying to keep track of what's happening this game

    Originally posted by XelNya
    First off: Other shit:



    Cute post. For a shit post this doesn't smell like shit.



    Eh?



    wth the fuck



    I wanna speculate this post was serious for a moment, but what is kinda wrong with this?



    Wait are you referencing this:



    Because if so, this post is so dumb wtfh?



    Ok, but like rly? This is a hella stretch? The fuck ARE these posts?



    No, leave them in the dark obv. And yes, packback enters a game and usually doesn't post in a foreign language and with fucking images, and make a joke at the host.


    Now the AA thing

    this is really dumb like



    This is funny as a shit post I guess.



    Eh? Is this because of:






    alright nice vibes here fam.

    Nice vibes.



    Alright.



    Wait what?



    I actually don't agree with this pov at all. The question's answer can be inferred yes, but what's wrong with getting a player to state it? On top of that it could lead into an actual explanation of the process and point of view? Like, really, the hell is this?



    But no really, the hell is xiz this game?



    FOR WHAT FUCKING REASON?!











    What. The. Actual. Fuck. Is you letting him off with this shit?

    Like I feel I get what you're going for a decent amount of the time with your witholding of information and seeminly random questioning and such, but what precisely is the reason you don't hound him for blatantly piggybacking a vote?

    On top of THAT InDheart has literally no actual reason to vote AA because you can't say his play is weird, then immediatly retract the statement with " it's my first game here and i'm not familiar with his play style yet."

    Like what the actual fuck mate.

    Like fuck let's look at some fucking good aa posts





    Like, how is anyone fucking not unvoting him here. He's fucking murdering you guys, espeically when you're letting InDheart fucking walk away with some of the most shite logic.



    After the posts I've just reread, I genuinely sit here debating if you've magically fallen face first into the ground really goddamned hard.



    I disagree, you should be on the goddamned table, are you fucking kidding me.



    Those posts are rly standard aa tho? Like especially recently?

    -- end of aa thing --



    It's NOT a real catch though

    just feels like an error filled shite post.



    Most scummy aa post all game guys



    Eh?



    Eh?

    Anyways

    Xiz

    I don't have a fucking clue why your play reads like shite to me this game. You're clearly doing something, but I don't get it, and I don't understand anything you're trying other than a badly executed reaction grab.

    Would also be worth looking you know, maybe into inDheart as well because even with my lack of anything there's less of it than there is there.
    The first thing to note here is that xel noticed the same thing that charu did, which I think is good because he's trying to figure out reasoning behind people's votes. I think wolf xel would be more likely to make a shitpost about jake's early vote on me and leave it alone instead of hunting for the reason behind it. admittedly the series of posts looks like a blatant contradiction but hopefully it makes more sense after you realize that I was thinking of the boats game where xiz was both wolf and hit xel early on (as another wolf)

    his response to charu saying he had an 800 word essay about how dumb my post was is also good because again, xel doesn't seem to be taking the easy way out

    the next part with really big words I actually disagree with somewhat. I agree that it's odd that xiz didn't push indheart more for seemingly sheeping his vote, but I disagree that indheart can't think my play is weird because it's his first game with me. That being said, these two posts sum up what I thought about indheart's justification for voting me

    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
    I voted you off one post

    I ignored all the memes
    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
    and it's very easy to say your posts were all bs after the fact as a cover up, but I believe the post I voted you for was not bs and was what I said it was

    requoting
    ok it's not actually that obvious but I didn't buy it and I still don't, his vote isn't on me atm though

    Originally posted by Xiz
    I'm with charu, you are on the table today. Unless, you do something really AA-y which I have not fully seen you do yet. And no I won't say what
    this post that xel pointed out actually makes me think of two things
    1. he's basically saying "until I see a towntell I'm going to keep you open as an option"
    or much worse,
    2. "if you don't do xyz I'll lynch you"

    it seems more like 1 but the potential for 2 is there, which is pretty much what xiz did as a wolf in the turbo game. I think it's not pressing right now though and that it can be left for later. also the fact that I think xiz is town makes it even less worrisome

    the part where xel says in response to gradiant that my posts are pretty standard: I'm pretty sure gradiant just doesn't like how I post, because as I said pretty much every game we've played together he's disliked how I word posts/my interpretations, so I don't think it's that noteworthy

    he ends with a vote on xiz which makes sense given how his post went, so I'm ok with that

    Originally posted by XelNya
    Are you actually telling me you see NOTHING wrong with xiz right now
    I like this post because as yoshl pointed out, MML basically takes away none of the main points that xel talked about and instead hones in on the small yoshl part. xel rightfully calls him out on it, seems like a town wanting to make sure that people don't misconstrue his post or cherry pick out what they want from it


    oh shit actually completely missed xel's big spoilered post
    , which in the interest of readability I'm linking

    I like how he revises his read of xiz a little bit after reading xiz's large post. It seems like an easy takeaway given that most people seem to have liked that post, but I think from where xel was at with xiz it would have been plausible for him to dismiss it and stick with his strong scumread on xiz. he also actually gives examples of what he likes which is a +

    ok, the point where xel points out MML's post where he says he's voting on DBP and blatantly said he's piggybacking is good because MML's vote there is disgusting


    don't have much to say about the rest of his post but it's fine


    Originally posted by XelNya
    You're certainly over meta-reading me because while you talk about how much I've posted in terms of overall, shit, and contentful posting, you based your read purely on a perceived meta. Not based on anything I've said.

    Which is why I outright disagree with your read on me.

    I'm not gonna answer if I've changed style because coming from me, that's super subjective.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    Its a meta read about how eager i am about the game is my tell to if i am scum or not
    and finally, I thought his defense against zenith's read on him was good enough, especially since I disagree with the zenith meta-read. I think xel shitposting less is actually more towny because that usually means he's putting in work, and he also points out how zenith's read is purely meta when at this point in time there were xel's two big posts to look at as a starting point


    conclusion: xel pretty solidly town

    pikakirby123 reincarnated





    Comment

    • AragakiAyase
      Waifus
      • Apr 2015
      • 961

      #842
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by AragakiAyase
      Need to catch up on the rest of the thread but he did pretty much exactly this in turbo 2 and he was town fwiw
      @Xiz regarding this post

      I didn't mean that we shouldn't lynch him, I just thought it worth noting that I remember him doing something very similar in turbo 2. just because he did something similar as town doesn't mean I'll excuse the same thing again though

      and this is the post I was thinking of

      Originally posted by Arntonach
      Red Blaster - His counterclaim for cop has me worried. Now, if he isn't a cop, then it's a bold move, so that's why he a slight lean for wolf.
      Arntonach - I'm both wolves and the cop guize :V
      Funnygurl555 - Not really picking up anything tbh.
      Cold Kitten - Strongest player right now and is doing the most work to win the game for town. u go gurl
      yo man im awesome -
      Charu - Playing the same way last game, but I'm unsure if this means he's a total town or not.
      AragakiAyase -
      _Zenith_ - People have been saying that his game has been the same from his last, where he was a wolf. Plus that pity party was pretty awful in terms of guilting everyone.
      Xiz - Haven't been able to catch up yet completely, but his early game was questionable. Should keep an eye on him.

      pikakirby123 reincarnated





      Comment

      • AragakiAyase
        Waifus
        • Apr 2015
        • 961

        #843
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        I am ok with an arnt lynch atm, haven't reread his stuff carefully

        but I think there are other people I'd rather vote for today

        pikakirby123 reincarnated





        Comment

        • inDheart
          Picker @ JAX2
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2011
          • 505

          #844
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Second, InDHeart's first post is just him not liking me a whole lot, and I don't even know how to respond. I guess I really can't? Like think it's all shit; you're not the first to point that all out and I know I already answered the Arnt thing.
          ...
          Forth: Guys are really worried about me and Arnt huh? Like I said before, I was kind of hoping to get him but YoshL responded instead. You guys find it weird for a town to cast a wide net? Oh yeah and I do find Arnt not posting, then posting weakly, then back to not posting scummy.
          (snip added by me, just to stick these two parts of your post together)

          i just still think it's odd that you were "hoping" to get arnt in particular unless you had some kind of precondition. if i missed it, mind quoting please? unless the last sentence here is that reason

          to your last note, no personal ill will meant really. everyone has their bad days when they post in games on the internet and this game in particular sure makes people's tempers run high. i think this whole exchange in principle has been okay - like there are real points in it, but especially my post i probably flew off the handle a little more than i should have.

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #845
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            WHY
            IS
            EVERYONE
            POSTING
            WALLS
            WTF
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #846
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Xiz why are you being normal
              did the magic conch shell that determines what your gimmick is pregame tell you to do nothing?
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • _Zenith_
                Accuracy Player
                • Mar 2011
                • 4629

                #847
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by thesunfan
                I feel like Zenith calling me "A good town" might be pocketing

                you were also really agreeable, which I don't think I like
                Sorry if you're upset about that, lmao.

                Not a pocket attempt, more of proclaiming you as my strongest town read aorn.





                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #848
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  Okay my goal is to keep up with the game from now on so hopefully no more novel posts from me.

                  Irreverent info, but I got so involved in reading theories from Foucou that I afk'd because I was so deep in thought, @Zenith
                  Riperino Xizzerino





                  Comment

                  • inDheart
                    Picker @ JAX2
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 505

                    #849
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    today's Post Writing Background Noise(tm) is this ytmix of shoegazey live recordings

                    this xel post is hilarious btw ilu

                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    also are you and gardiant partners?
                    nah his rage is his own

                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    Ayy bastard, you missed me saying I disliked dbp's entrance.
                    wow wasn't that from like hella early? i think that makes you the DBP hypefest OG. duly noted if you so desire

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #850
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by _Zenith_
                      Xel hasn't shitposted much this game

                      For those who know Xel, this is actually important
                      i think xel has just mastered the art of inline threadshitting now. since everyone's posting walls, might as well build part of the wall out of silly string

                      Comment

                      • AragakiAyase
                        Waifus
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 961

                        #851
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        I'm really confused right now because I saw the vanilla town claim that MML did but I can't find it now

                        pikakirby123 reincarnated





                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #852
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          [QUOTE=MixMasterLar;4462489]I don't even remember why I quoted this. This thread is really humming now!
                          Have your thoughts changed from this?



                          Was going to point out you seemed to have joined them, but I see that you posted later.



                          I don't know what you really want me to comment on when alot of your points is just disagreeing with stuff.




                          Here you are calling out Xiz for being really hard on AA.

                          I think he went pretty hard on him and maybe he went overboard but even re-reading all of that I don't know if I would really say it is too scummy. To be honest Gradiant getting stuck on that grind tilted as fuck is more of a point of interest for me



                          I agree with this. Nothing wrong with making people take a hard stand (as funny as the joke was)



                          This is a good point regarding InDHeart. I see that he's posting a little more now but you are right that I would have expected Xiz to call him out on that shit.




                          Oh is that called murdering? I mistook it for scummy.


                          I don't know if I feel comfy with a Xiz D0 lynch. I'll get into why I think AA should probably not have pressure on him anymore but at that time I think Xiz had something going on.

                          [QUOTE=XelNya;4462163]
                          Those posts are rly standard aa tho? Like especially recently?
                          Originally posted by XelNya

                          I disagreed then, and kind of still do, but I'll talk more about AA either at the end of this post or the next.





                          Starting to agree and I think it's safe to walk away from the Mashi thing for right now.



                          I must have worded my example like horseshit because no one really got it.

                          In the example, I said that it was unlikely that two people with really high activity would be partners. I gave examples of pairings that where not likely.

                          This has faded from relevance lately.




                          I'm for looking into InDHeart more. Also I feel that you have a pretty legit place you're coming from in voting Xiz. I feel a little better about Xel, but I do want to stress he has done similar things as wolf before.

                          But IDK, I feel like it's pure.



                          Quoted to remind me to do a reads lists.



                          I wouldn't say that, I just have reserves.



                          I wish this post would have been made before YoshL's. Not that I would have taken back what I said, but I probably would have pointed out that it was just a thing that struck me that I wanted to throw out there. I was in no way trying to get him lynch just for that.



                          Oh right, Tokzic's in the game.

                          Also this post seems like alot o' fluff at the moment.



                          IDK I find the Ben theory to be a little far fetched.





                          I meant why is reasoning seemed fake. Answer is Gut. Aighty. Thanks for remembering to answer.




                          Yeah I think you got.




                          I just suck at counting. Which makes me look retarded being the guy who brought up postcounts and the like.

                          I kind of find it in bad taste to try and answer this because all I can really add is that I'm retarded and not a wolf and that really doesn't prove anything, but DBP is now using it as a wagon to get out of being our top scum read so I feel like I need to address it in someway.

                          So with that in mind, I want to point out that I read the set up when I first signed up and was more or less going off memory when the game started. Really dumb excuse? sure. but that's what happened.




                          Was not making a hard argument nor trying to claim someone was a wolf over it.

                          Also I like how TheSunFan worded it: Low Postount means everything




                          Noted.




                          I think I can agree with this but he really should be back posting more now (watch him ninja me DPB style lol)





                          He's still on that AA booty. I don't know, dude.... Again AA thoughts incoming later




                          This was about Charu's "he can die" post.
                          I just didn't like it from a gut read perspective. Same reasoning why I didn't like AA's posts




                          I know right?



                          I'm trying to stay on top of all of this.







                          You should try a huge post maybe SunFan-senpai will notice you too!



                          See I like this post, but it kind of reminds me that I really want to see a reads list from you, because you don't stick out to me that much and that makes me sad.




                          Can you explain why Mashi looks town to you? I am having a hard time reading him.



                          That is a good point.




                          I try not to think about how FFR members taste. It's a rule


                          I don'y like that it's basically all that he has posted about. Or at least it feels like that's all he has posted about.





                          Wilco





                          Not sure how serious you're being here.

                          He did seem easy to convince, but IDK I feel like there would have been more fluff if he was wolf.





                          How does he look to you now?


                          AA STUFF NOW



                          So in this thread I thought I saw WnB acting really funny and called him out bigtime on it, and AA corrected me on the misunderstanding we had.

                          Looking back to that, It is old from Wolf's PoV to have that much pressure and then when you notice someone making a mistake just kind of pointing it out and then moving on. Same thing with me thinking there are only 2 wolves in game. I know I probably have been ninja'd in post by now (I've been called away like 4 times in writing this) but I bet AA isn't trying to get on that LarWagon, which is something I would expect a wolf to more easily do.


                          Yeah, the "I have 72 hours" post is bullshit. Yeah, I can believe he's anti-town over that, but I think the wolves would have said something a little more in his position.

                          I feel good letting AA have some breathing room for right now.




                          I am with you there.



                          Shit man



                          This has been addressed. Within this post and before you posted.
                          This feels more like piggybacking and not original. Even your use of "third wolf" looks like it was lifted from Xiz's post. Is this how you make everyone feel better about your absence, just kind of hastily jump on someone?



                          Whenever someone opens with that it's a clear sign that I'm wasting my time.



                          So you read juuuust enough to know who you want to be you're serious vote, huh?



                          In your case it was because I pinged you.



                          I find them pretty relevant actually. I've been responding to shit in realtime and when I can't I make these long ass post that are a chore. You're point shouldn't even need refuting it's so bad.



                          OH WHAT
                          Yet you still think that you had read enough to judge who to vote for?
                          This comment made me feel worse about you. Like by you're own admission you don't know what you are talking about




                          I could have made that point, If I believed in it enough to make that point?
                          This is using self-flattery as a reference. It may be true, but from my point of View who knows? I only played games where you posted; I don't recall playing a game with you as a player.

                          Also I already stated that I lumped you guys together on number of post. Didn't you read---oh wait that's right you don't. Bummer.




                          I'm pretty sure he isn't a pure townie.


                          I'm responding right now. Read, YoshL-san, reeeeaaaddd.



                          When WnB corrected me I think he said "3 Wolves, 1 Vigi" so I just kind of believed him on that. Vigi is only a possibility? Well fuck me then.


                          Nope, I'm a VT. Again. Which sucks. <3 Roundbox.



                          Last time you told me you where going to push town in the right direction, you where wolf.

                          IDK I don't like this post.




                          Boo. Boooooooo.



                          Again, read just enough huh?




                          Pretty sure whatever you quoted, I responded to in this post.



                          Join us (by this point you probably have)



                          My tone probably sounds like shit because I am at work and I've been called away like 6 times now from writing this, and it's frustrating to think you're all caught up and then you click post and nope! another two pages! weeeeee

                          So my bad. As a player I try not to do that.

                          I still think you're trying to jump on a wagon to clear you re name since you where in the hotseat



                          Other then me have you really commented in detail about people recently?


                          @Xiz its in this post, near the bottom
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #853
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            I'm seriously wondering if a post was deleted

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • AragakiAyase
                              Waifus
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 961

                              #854
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              oh ok because he said VT that's why, I thought it was in that post but was looking for the wrong thing ty sunfan

                              pikakirby123 reincarnated





                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #855
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by inDheart
                                i think xel has just mastered the art of inline threadshitting now. since everyone's posting walls, might as well build part of the wall out of silly string
                                Nope, Xel's walls are extremely normal.

                                I think in every game I've played with Xel he cannot help but to do a wall, good or indifferent.

                                Cannot complain about him doing a wall because his isn't Great Wall of China long but yeah, his are very normal and are almost expected at least once if not twice.

                                But we can all bitch about the fact everyone has resorted to walls of text and multiquoting!!





                                Comment

                                Working...