TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #751
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    I'll revist charu's post(s) when I wake up again, I dunno why I'm awake but I figure I'll post and go back to sleep

    I'm in bold, I'm too lazy to be bothere dto make a reads post from scratch so I'mma just bounce off of zenith's 'cause his list is clean format wise ;3

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Alright I've caught up entirely now, interesting read I must admit.

    1. AragakiAyase - Town lean

    Agree

    2. Xiz - Null because vanished, early posts were good

    disgree because his early posting was honestly not that great. Only recently have his posts actually been good like, did you actually read my long post?

    let me keep this clear: I am not saying he's scum, maybe add a town lean into it because his response to me was excellent like I said earlier, but I'm trying to decide if it earns him a town pile, or a town lean if that makes sense

    don't wanna jump my guns, lemmie pull a sunfan and sleep on it


    3. Gradiant - Null but leaning town slightly, aggression doesn't follow a wolf this early, I hope that he doesn't have confirmation bias though

    I'm null on this one, and need to reread him before making a proper judgement, but I don't think he's someone I'd want on the table

    4. Tokzic - Good hard claim, good rock hard, Null (I'm not buying the claim as of right now)

    I kinda null him as well tbh because like that claim has a few uses, and I kinda understand what he's going for but then I kinda just sit here and scratch my head

    5. Charu - Null, it's Charu //shrug

    I haven't read it yet but charu's long post(s) above this one seemed good and I've seen him do what he's doing in town games before

    but this is fucking charu we're talking about


    6. DaBackpack - Null but leaning wolf, I don't think I'll follow up on a lynch at the moment without isolating you first but what I read about you follows the accusations, plus your defense about it is telling your playstyle, which is horrible imo

    tbh packback is like, weirds this game and I can't even like

    I know packback wouldn't bring up how easy of a target he is without a reason, because he's right in that he is. Scum sunfan could totes take advantage of what he's been having to do to frame him. Do I think that's the case? Well.... No. I think sunfan's read of him is still fairly on point


    7. Wineandbread - Wabby??? Interesting. I like you this game, Town lean

    I don't remember any posts from him this game and admittedly I've reread the thread maybe three times now, should revist this when I wake back up.

    8. Arntonach - Who the fuck lmao

    Agreed

    9. MixMasterLar - Wolf lean, pocketing YoshLs theory of him being possible SK. If he is lynched and flips town, you HAVE to do something about your posting style being it's being misconstrued to a huge extent but again, not too sure about you flipping town at the moment.

    His style isn't that bad normally. Like this just feels like an uncharacteristic game outta mml and it might be that he's the sk, but I don't think I've seen him roll wolf before to counter act his town play to his scum play

    I mean tho to compare it to his town play, yeah he looks like shit right now but i'm tryin' to not wagon here


    10. thesunfan - Town, a good town at that

    Kay.

    11. inDheart - Pretty solid overall but null

    I agree with this because earlier posts I pointed out in my post about xiz are also about him not posting that great and xiz uncharacteristically letting him walk away with it If I had to lean him to scum or town pile for some reason I'd lean him more to the scum side maybe. I should revist.

    12. reuben_tate - Very very slight town read, but not putting you at null. I've like you in this game than several of your past games o/

    See I dunno, I don't really recall a strong benguin post because the people liking that one post he made like, I'll be honest, I'm not getting that same vibe, it just feels like a wasted to post to me.

    13. Xelnya - Sketchy. Like I said about Xel's shitposting being VERY important, it's nearly proven Xel as town shitposts a lot more and it can be used as a sign early on to tell what he is at the time. I am not reading that at all this game. There's also the early game aggression Xel usually follows when he's town. Maybe I'm overreading and overreaching his Meta but I find it very off Xel hasn't played his town meta to a T yet. Maybe him reading this read will do so o/

    I immensely disagree with your read of me at this point. If I was posting more shit posts, you'll be arguing I don't have any actual substance to half of my posting and you'd make some shit argument I'm trying to blend or w.e have you tomorrow. I mean, I'm happy to oblige the game to more shit posts, but don't fuckin' make an argument my posts contain less substance later on then. Try not to toss me into that catch 22 would you

    14. Charles Claythorne (AKA MASHI) - Town, is bae, don't touch, you'll die <3

    I poke him, whatcha gonna do about it

    15. YoshL - Solid town lean, Mindmelding in a few areas, extremely tame to what he can do in an instant, but his logic has been on point so far and he's honest about not reading thread/being lazy to read thread. I'm confident YoshL should not be on the table this phase.

    I dunno how you have a solid lean here. Like, fuck the fact yoshl has a lot of time being taken up by tourneys.

    16. Yoshiisland - I think I saw just a handful of posts from you so you can sit at Null for now. That post directed to indheart was really good though ngl so you earned some town points but still mostly null.

    who is this again, wanna reference that good post because I missed it when you have a chance?
    if I had to pick two to put on the table today i'mma throw out MML and ben

    because if I say packback it feels like piggy backing onto obvious trains / maybe a little too easy, and I earnestly think ben is gettin' a town read he hasn't really earned

    i'm not satisfied with his game yet, but it's certainly at least "hey he's here"

    and if you wanna say arnt and w n b should be tossed into the same category, I kinda disagree with you because I feel they're different, uh I lack a good word gonna say category because it's the only one that comes to mind

    Comment

    • XelNya
      [Kaho]
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 3369

      #752
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      huh that misphrase on indheart is more apparent now than when I checking my post

      Comment

      • XelNya
        [Kaho]
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 3369

        #753
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        eh w / e tired, fuck it pointing out I dun goofed is good nuff

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #754
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          PAGE 11

          As I'm mocking AA, love Xiz's callout of him being a wolf. He probably sees that BS that AA's been sprouting this entire time like I am right now.

          inDheart kind of just... votes for AA? idk what this means but ???. Xiz immediately asks why in which inDheart answers with "He's weird and posted a stupid question." Eeeeeeh... inDheart back to NULL now for me.

          HOWEVER, I DO like his defense against Xiz here. Actually, nevermind about not knowing what the vote means, it's just a straight up "fuck you" vote. I kind of dig it now actually, that was a quick read change for me, dohoho.

          AA starts going on the defense here. My god, I either have a huge case of biased or I'm seeing the worst defense I've ever seen AA perform. Seriously?

          "Read my posts"?

          "It's very easy to say your posts were all bs after the fact"?

          "If you were voting me seriously then I'd be very concerned"?

          Okay AA, alright, cool, wonderful.

          Garbage.

          [READS HAVE NOT CHANGED THIS PAGE]

          Okay, time to go home.


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • _Zenith_
            Accuracy Player
            • Mar 2011
            • 4629

            #755
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            @Xel to me though, if your shitposting was more consistent with your meta and aggressive posting towards people, it'd actually help me with a more accurate read on you.

            It just seems off, are you changing your style in minor ways by chance?

            Like I said I might be overreading your meta but I'm not sure, I'm used to you shitposting more and whilst having a calm tone, still being aggressive. I can't really use the low content shitposting breaching your actual content argument because it's the opposite of what you are doing

            I think Arnt looks like shit and I don't pair him and Wabby together.

            The one post from Island was him telling indheart that using the new player card is a bad stance to take, too lazy to quote but that's the tl;dr of that post.

            Benguin is more solid in this first phase than his last few games, that was the point I was trying to make. It feels good to see that, and sorry if he thinks that's an insult, because it isn't due to him not having time/no desire to participate fully/distractions/etc.





            Comment

            • Arntonach
              Owlbears Rock!
              • Mar 2012
              • 2494

              #756
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by _Zenith_
              Arntonach's entrance into the game looked pure at first, but after reading the after-entry posts and his reads list, I got the feeling that it was very arbitrary... I'm a little concerned but this kind of follows with Arntonach's playstyle which is to provide readable content that swings out of his favor instead of is in his favor.
              Sorry, but my reads are almost always crap. Plus the last few games I've played very poorly, even the slumber party was a bad performance since I did a lot of accidental piggybacking. I just thought this time around to be more quiet in hopes that I could be more useful to town, but that's hardly working out either. This leaves me in an awful position, since I'm not too confident in talking about other players without raising suspicion.

              I know this is gonna sound awful, but what exactly can I do to help town without shooting myself in the foot?
              pack of hard stuffs

              pack of my stuffs

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #757
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Hey fucks, I'm back home, time to continue.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #758
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Arntonach
                  Sorry, but my reads are almost always crap. Plus the last few games I've played very poorly, even the slumber party was a bad performance since I did a lot of accidental piggybacking. I just thought this time around to be more quiet in hopes that I could be more useful to town, but that's hardly working out either. This leaves me in an awful position, since I'm not too confident in talking about other players without raising suspicion.

                  I know this is gonna sound awful, but what exactly can I do to help town without shooting myself in the foot?
                  Not to sound like a dick but put in effort??

                  The reads list you provided doesn't look like it took minutes to make, it looks like you gave maybe two minutes and called it good.

                  I'd start off by rereading everything and forming opinions; anything that seems out of place you should question and don't worry about being negatively viewed for those opinions because if it seems weird to you, it's worth bringing up in case someone else has the same thoughts about the subject in question.

                  Don't follow others either for the majority. Don't backpack off of their ideals. Be an individual.

                  You got this.





                  Comment

                  • _Zenith_
                    Accuracy Player
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4629

                    #759
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    HI MASHI <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3





                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #760
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      PAGE 12

                      AA continuing on his hilarious bad defense. Calls Xiz obnoxious for "hiding a read" when, according to the time stamp, this is STILL the first 24 hours as far as this is concerned. I don't know if I'm just letting the bias take over here or not, but my goodness. If I ever was so sure someone was a wolf, it be right now. But I digress, I still got 20 pages to go, so I'm really curious if my bias will change.

                      Quoting again because... really?

                      Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                      ok, why does it seem fake? A bunch of people were throwing around votes, it's pretty easy to join in and throw a vote on someone that can easily turn into a parked vote. Then someone (yoshl) points the spotlight on you (indheart) and he backs off, then tries to change the topic suddenly.
                      No, he was still humoring and sharing memes. Don't think I was mistaken when I reread for a third time (just now). You're just trying to push on to someone because of maybe a confused joke meme mom's spaghetti thing. This is all that it looks like to me and what it'll keep on looking like for me.

                      JESUS FUCK, QUOTING SOMETHING ELSE FROM YOU AA.

                      Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                      I also wouldn't put indheart in there, it just seems like he's "wagoning" along with that reasoning. When he says I've been weird with "oddly serious wagoning", I actually placed a vote based on something that I thought was wolfy. But I'm not the only one to have done that so it seems odd why he's treating that differently from the other instances that it's happened.
                      No, just no. You and ONLY YOU have been saying this. I have not seen anyone else but YOU say this. My gosh, I think I have enough evidence of your fraudulent shit to place a vote right now. But once again, I got 20 more pages to go so I really really hope, for your sake, you do something completely 180 that'll make me see you different because my word.

                      ...Anyways...

                      Xiz banters with AA for a bit, which BY THE WAY AA I agree with him that this is completely surface level, so eat some of that dog food.

                      ...Then AA says "why do you seem to be pressuring me to get townread" which is hilarious and a good joke. Bravo.

                      Mashi comes back obviously not caught up yet because I think anyone that has actually read from this point should be giving AA the absolute biggest stink eye they can muster.

                      Some more banter between Xiz and AA... nothing of importance really to me.

                      Mashi then makes a cool post that I can get back on. However, I disagree with the Xiz bit. This is different than the norm for him, but I don't think he's been going about this game in a wolfy matter at all. For one, he's focusing on the big one, AA, which I agree with since out of everyone in the thread currently at this point, AA IS the biggest topic.

                      ...Though I think it should be that stupid attorney claim... which you kind of went "lol" at, but whatever.


                      AragakiAyase - Wolf

                      Xiz - Town (Back up there boyz)

                      Gradiant - Town

                      Tokzic - ????????????

                      DaBackpack - NULL

                      Wineandbread - NULL

                      Arntonach - NULL

                      Red Blaster/_Zenith_ - NULL

                      MixMasterLar - Slight wolf

                      thesunfan - Town

                      inDheart - Slight town

                      reuben_tate - Slight town

                      Xelnya - Slight wolf

                      Charles Claythorne - Slight town (Weak, but a start)

                      YoshL - Slight town

                      Yoshiisland - NULL


                      PAGE 13

                      Mashi and AA talk... AA indirectly says Xiz is town in this post I'll quote:

                      Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                      also mashi I disagree with you saying xiz seems wolfy based on being more impulsive, he's done this plenty of times as town, he likes his early reads as he said so himself. I think what will be more telling is how he handles pressure on himself, if that comes at some point
                      Do keep in mind that AA said all the way on page 4 that AA claimed that Xiz was doing a wolf tell. How curious it seems he completely changed his mind about that now 9 more pages in.

                      Any who...

                      inDheart repeats himself here about how he was joking and memeing with all the other jokesters, so that's nothing new.

                      Xel though comes in and... starts defending AA of all people! How curious! I don't know if it's because Xel hasn't really read deeply thus far, or he's just ignoring everything that's been happening in the past few pages. Either or sounds realistically possible, unfortunately.

                      AA, after being repeated by inDheart, finally admits that if it was actually just memes and jokes, then all of his shit that he's been doing is "moot". Too late now, fucker, the damage is done. Can't hide your flimsy logic by just going "Oh, I guess it was all a misunderstanding!"

                      ...Also, I feel this is where the game picks up in words, just a side note. How fun, dissecting the longer posts is gonna be BEA-TI-FUL, I can feel it.

                      MML says to Xiz exactly what I thought, that it was completely nothing and a waste of time. However, what's even more curious in this post is MML goes and starts calling out AA here and indirectly calls him wolf. Now then, if MML was wolfing here, I say this is a pretty good opportunity to bus the fuck out of your partner and start distancing, but........................................................ that's just me, lmao. BUT OH WAIT MML agrees with AA about inDheart... sort of.

                      MML calls AA a wolf... but agrees with AA about inDheart... I don't know what to make of this. Hrrrrm.... I gotta say it's either he's a town or the contract killer, fam. Don't think he's a wolf anymore, but that could change.


                      AragakiAyase - Wolf

                      Xiz - Town

                      Gradiant - Town

                      Tokzic - ???????????

                      DaBackpack - NULL

                      Wineandbread - NULL

                      Arntonach - NULL

                      Red Blaster/_Zenith_ - NULL

                      MixMasterLar - Town/SK (Either or for the moment)

                      thesunfan - Town

                      inDheart - Heavy Town

                      reuben_tate - Slight town

                      Xelnya - Slight wolf (Growing a bit)

                      Charles Claythorne - Slight town

                      YoshL - Slight town

                      Yoshiisland - NULL


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #761
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        i am at work and i will be back before eod when i'm not on borrowed time

                        Comment

                        • Arntonach
                          Owlbears Rock!
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 2494

                          #762
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          I know I should "put in some effort", but the last few times I did, it led to me getting lynched d0. Of course, the time I was an SK I only got by on d0 cause I got overloaded with irl stuff that turned in my favour in the long run for the TWG game, and was what I was going with here so I wouldn't be deadweight nor a waste of a lynch.

                          Well sorry if I hurt someone's fee-fees. If this gets me mislynched I give up. :l

                          The train on AragakiAyase was stupid, since you're pretty much doing the exact same thing to him that he did to inDheart. He shouldn't be on the chopping block at all.

                          Xiz feels genuine. Like he's giving a shit about this game and winning it for town. It's a cozy feels.

                          Gradiant is being rather aggressive. I like that kind of gameplay for d0 since it's different.

                          Tokzic's hard claim was dumb and did nothing but cause issues and force a WIFOM on us. Unless I'm missing something, it's annoying. Not lynch worthy, but frustrating nevertheless. Also give me some more posts to work with and stop idling in every game.

                          Charu is bla. His posts seem superfluous and lacking in any substance. Even his super biggun post just seems less of his opinions and more of a synopsis. I'm not comfortable with him.

                          I stand by what I said about DaBackpack earlier. Granted, he had similar issues a few games ago, but still. Post moar biatch. :V

                          Wineandbread is in the same shitshead as DaBackpack.

                          Arntonach sucks at life and more importantly TWG.

                          _Zenith_, your activity is good.

                          This MixMasterLar idea that he's the SK is an idea I don't really agree with. Sure his playstyle is odd incomparison to turbo 3 where he led the charge, but SK? I doubt it.

                          thesunfan & reuben_tate are strong townies right now, from what I can see. Please keep this up guys.

                          inDheart is making newbish mistakes, from what I can see. I don't know if this is intentional or not. Either way, step up yo game mo fo.

                          I liked Xelnya's reaction to Zenith's read on him. True, Xel does shoot the shit more often than others, but I don't see how contributing would be different, considering how shitposty he was in boats and he was a wolf that game.

                          I can't really say anything about Mashi and Yoshiisland yet. Null for now.

                          YoshL seems very careful. Town lean for now, since he's being helpful. I'd like to see some more "oomph" behind your posts.

                          Also, my last reads post took a good 20 minutes. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have any cruft or bizarre opinions that wouldn't help town.
                          pack of hard stuffs

                          pack of my stuffs

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #763
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            PAGE 14

                            Reuben proposes a unique scenario, but I highly doubt it's true, but I do appreciate the thought from it, which MML next post over seems to dismiss, as do I in the post after, dohoho.

                            Oh shit, here come dat Gradiant, he here to tell AA to shut lel feck awp. It must be the avatar, your posts and avatar combined make me really love 'em. Also because I agree with them 100% about AA.

                            Oh, I give a read here. I say I don't like MML and I don't think I explain. Welp, I hope these posts now are explaining why, hee hee hee. I think before I was just thinking he was a wolf though and not what I am thinking now. Rereads are GOAT

                            Wineandbread comes back, agrees with everyone about AA's "alignment indicative" thing, but... something seems really off about this post.

                            Oh, here we go, AA bashing MML to "think harder". Typical, maybe you should stop being an obvious wolf? That might help with his thinking.

                            [READS HAVE NOT CHANGED THIS PAGE]

                            PAGE 15

                            I bring up a possibility that all of this, ignoring the past 15 pages, that what's happening currently before those gross ass accusations is that he's being an obvious wolf because he's spazzing out. I think AA actually latches on to that, but lets see...

                            SPOILERS, HE DOES SO IMMEDIATELY

                            Any who... MML starts bringing up that we could maybe get a wolf by looking at who posted and how many posts there are. I believe I shot it down and so did others. It's a good strat... probably AFTER the initial phase. Not so much on the very first phase though. Your heart is in the right place though... regardless if you're a town or want all of us dead.

                            Looks like I call MML a wolf here, lmao, yep. Regardless, I still, after this reread, don't like him, but now it's more of a "keep around" thing because yee. He's definitely not my on my list of people to lynch currently through my reread.

                            Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                            it's also worth noting jake that you've scumread me/disliked things I've done in every single game

                            and every game you've been wrong and it's no different this game
                            Funny, I think he's actually right about you for once.

                            [READS HAVE NOT CHANGED THIS PAGE]


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charles Claythorne
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2013
                              • 138

                              #764
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              HEELO I AM AT RESEARCH RN AND IT IS SO STRESSFUL I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE AND I HAVE TO REFILL NITROGEN EVERY 90 SECONDS IS THIS WHAT SCIENCE IS ALL ABOUT???

                              I'M READING UP RN AND JUST WANTED TO SAY

                              EEEEEEEEEEH ZENITH!!!!!!!!! <333

                              Comment

                              • Charles Claythorne
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2013
                                • 138

                                #765
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                Also, do not pour liquid nitrogen on your laptop if it's heating up a lot or else water will condense on it and that's probs bad.

                                I may or may not know this empirically.

                                Comment

                                Working...