TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5403

    #1681
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    I can be wrong, but I don't think its likely*
    I had to read it after it was over, so maybe that just didn't strike me the same way.

    As such, I think I'm leaving him in the scum pile.
    ​

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #1682
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      but DPB? Just randomely throwing him in there?

      Mind explaining that for me?
      did you read what you quoted

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #1683
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        I had to read it after it was over, so maybe that just didn't strike me the same way.

        As such, I think I'm leaving him in the scum pile.
        go read it again and tell me what you think, if its not too much trouble
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • Xiz
          TWG Chaos
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2012
          • 3399

          #1684
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD



          I removed the penis this time.

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5403

            #1685
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by inDheart
            did you read what you quoted
            Yes he gave a reason. Talks with YoshL and whatever.

            I wasn't that into it.

            Also he added DPB in in another post from Zenith like it was an afterthought.
            ​

            Comment

            • Gradiant
              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 1100

              #1686
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Aren't you the one who caught it to begin with? And I know Xiz is the one that went absolutely apeshit over it later but I recall you where on his case before switching tracks to AA. Was I on his case? I specifically stated I just thought it was weird and that I wasn't using it as saying Mashi is scum. So all I've done is merely point it out. But apparently I'm doing a bunch of stuff with it since your using it as an example of me 'being aggressive and latching onto people I think are scummy'



              What do you want me to say? If you're accusing me of piggybacking you I can promise that's wrong. .



              Damn it's like I say you're probably town in spite of it all and you do everything to try and make me feel stupid. ??

              You don't want to make a town list of 5 people this late in the game because fuck if you gave a reason for that -- Like we've been here long enough that not everybody should look suspicious to you. At the very least POE should give you 5 people. AA, Arnt, and WineAndBread were all pretty scummy, and ended up as town/PRs, so no.

              But you do pick Zenith and DPB. I can kind of get Zenith (Although that's reasoning coming from me, not you as you haven't given any that I saw) but DPB? Just randomely throwing him in there?

              Mind explaining that for me? I don't understand how you can quote that post and ask this question
              ..

              Comment

              • MixMasterLar
                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2006
                • 5403

                #1687
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by thesunfan
                go read it again and tell me what you think, if its not too much trouble
                I'll do that right now since it looks like I have the time.
                ​

                Comment

                • Gradiant
                  FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 1100

                  #1688
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  Yes he gave a reason. Talks with YoshL and whatever.

                  I wasn't that into it.

                  Also he added DPB in in another post from Zenith like it was an afterthought.
                  You can be 'not that into it', but it doesn't excuse ignoring it competely and asking anyway.

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #1689
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    Ok SunFan I think I see you're point. DPB got hella salty as shit.

                    Notable quotes/comments in the spoilers:



                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    I'm not sure where everyone is coming with suspicion on AA (looking at you charu) because the majority of his posts have been at the very least, "forward looking" from what I've re-read
                    Xiz is always a scumread for me. no matter what he does i'm going to find it suspicious without fail. this game is not an exception, however this time it's more because he's stringing along similar to MML's vein, where he's putting things forward that don't actually go anywhere. (i still skimmed early game sorry) if xiz has not gotten into a big fight/tunneled into someone, it's kinda alarming. I don't care about "TWG Chaos" shit or "unreadable meta" but he's not one to let any fish in the river go. He usually latches on to something, and I haven't seen that out of him this game.
                    Gradiant looks ok, at least showing an active interest and investment in his reads. I don't think he's gone farther past just asking a couple questions.
                    tokzic quite literally the same as all of his other games.
                    I still believe charu is pretty towny. this is mostly gut+toneread+how much fun charu looks like he's having. That being said, in the world where charu is scum, AA is probably also scum.
                    dabackpack is embodiment of dbp scum right now. I'm surprised that he hasn't started pushing on me given that I've kept him out of attention and haven't really been posting about him. The majority of his posts aren't his usual analytical detective self either.
                    haven't really noticed/read through wabby posts
                    arntonach is as fucking potato as you could possibly get and while inherentlyl his posts are coming out scummy as fuck, I think it's more null, at least for Arnt.
                    _Zenith_ is another possible scum. Playing super careful and looking like he's posting very self-consciously. Mostly this is reflected in his "appease and make friends with everyone" poststyle that he's got going on so far. I'm so accustomed to Zenith not giving a fuck about what he does when he's a townsperson, and really going at things, regardless of how bad those decisions are. This seems to be a massive turn from that.
                    MML has been elaborated, and he's also not really returned to the thread
                    thesunfan is on the town side of things, mostly because in the past like 10 pages, i've agreed with almost everything that he's been saying (which ofc. makes me even more suspicious) but i'd like to look past that at least for now.
                    i will never lynch indheart here, bar some kablizzy tier shennanigans. Actually putting analysis into the game.
                    reuben_tate same case as wabby
                    xelnya i still like him from his early posts. drop off in activity is worrying, but not entirely damning in my mind, at least not for d0.
                    mashi is cute handsome and i haven't actually read his posts either LOL
                    yoshiisland also haven't read his posts

                    so

                    scum->scum leaning null
                    ------
                    dbp
                    MML
                    Xiz
                    Zenith

                    null
                    ------
                    arnt
                    tokzic
                    reuben
                    yoshiisland
                    wabby
                    mashi

                    null leaning town->town
                    xel
                    grad
                    AA
                    sunfan
                    charu
                    indheart
                    (this reads list seems to have a mix of reds/towns scattered about. in hindsight it makes me feel better about YoshL)

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    can you participate in the discussion instead of popping on and dumping things?
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    yeah because I totally see you sitting in the sidelines, making a single post to make it seem like you're there and give your thoughts and then backing the fuck out instead of helping decide a critical lynch

                    don't act like my feelings are unjustified
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    are you trying to throw shade on me for something that you thought might happen

                    your feelings probably aren't unjustified, but just not justified in the way that you're trying to make it appear to us
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    yeah I guess I fucking am

                    you sit in the thread for like an hour? without so much as a post and when I call you out you dump something large, which isn't bad, but it's not enough
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    ok? then continue to discuss the game. instead of wasting breath on this, maybe address the continued lack of mr. detective dabackpack and get rid of the mr. butthurt backpank instead
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    Mr Detective Backpack is here, you're just not seeing it

                    Mr Butthurt Backpack is here because I'm tilted, that's all there is to it
                    And the SK pops in:
                    Originally posted by Xiz
                    I don't see DBP and yoshl on the same team this game
                    It's pretty clear that, barring both being town, this turned out to be correct.

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    you steer the direction of the lynch through your analysis of people's behavior and activity in the thread. not by whining about "oh you just came into thread and put up a post waah"
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    again you're conflating two things together

                    1) that I was absent
                    2) that becasue I was absent I wasn't trying to solve the game

                    despite EVER SINCE I'VE BEEN FUCKING BACK I've been reasoning about the goddamn game. I'm literally sitting here making observations but HEY I'M A WOLF because I wasn't here for a 24 hour period. Fuck you, and fuck this game if that's what's going to happen
                    (Still don't know how much I agree with this. I remember him trying to latch on to me using YoshL as a springboard.)

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    and my final verdict is that we're not seeing detective dabackpack because you're a scum.
                    (This changes before end of EoD)

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    what the fuck? I'm reading you scum because the majority of the posts that I've seen from you hardly scratch the surface from what inspection shit you pull
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    if it was literally anybody else in the thread you would know why I'm suspicious

                    posting a reads list in the last 30 min of the game and NOT PUSHING is the same as letting other people decide the lynch and making a post to appear active
                    (Wording here is a little weird...)

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    the point is moot now because you're actually pushing but don't act like I'm talking out of my ass
                    (Wait was he? Pushing on you, anyway)

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    you don't think my push on MML required inspection? Or my analyses of you? Or me looking at Mashi? Or sunfan, or Tokzic???
                    (Can not for the life of me remember the last three happening to any extent.)

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    am i not pushing? I've been on MML, and my vote had remained on MML. It transitioned over to you as soon as that shitty response popped up


                    this is true! too bad this doesn't fucking apply here because i happen to be pretty sure that you're scum here
                    mmmmk

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    for someone who routinely says "I didn't read the thread" you saying I'm not investigating this game is bullshit-tier
                    Sick burn.

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    yes I said that above so the point is moot

                    but I'm still goddamned mad so I'm not going to drop it easily
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    I'm seriously salty that my efforts are being ignored despite me trying

                    it's no one's fault really but I'm still mad

                    posting death-reads now
                    What's a Death Read and does he ever post it?

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    switching back to MML

                    in attempting to come up with a real world analogy to further push the point in, i'm pulling 180

                    remember that time you swiped icing off my cake, i accused you of being a shitlord and eating only the icing, and you said you were going to eat the slice anyways

                    i think i understand more where you're coming from
                    ....I guess YoshL ultimately sees what you saw here, SunFan


                    That was a wild ride. Ok, I get your point. Thing is, if he's town then that leaves me with only one strong Scum read: Tokzic

                    And since Tokzic never showed back up, I'm guessing he figured we would lynch him and didn't bother to post anymore. I don't know if that's more town or scum for him.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5403

                      #1690
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by Gradiant
                      ..

                      1) For d0, yeah. You only posted the "I wasn't using it as saying Mashi is scum" comment until after you where being lumped together with Xiz, and after you had switched to AA.

                      But yeah, not as hard as AA or me right now, I'll give you that.

                      2) Fair enough, but if you can't figure out a top 5 town, do you at least have a current top 5 scum?

                      3) Because I wanted to see if you'd expand on the answer.


                      Originally posted by Gradiant
                      You can be 'not that into it', but it doesn't excuse ignoring it competely and asking anyway.
                      I'll make sure to write "Yeah sorry but---" before I ask next time then, if it makes you feel better.
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #1691
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Top 5 scum

                        EleGiggle





                        Comment

                        • Gradiant
                          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 1100

                          #1692
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          1) For d0, yeah. You only posted the "I wasn't using it as saying Mashi is scum" comment until after you where being lumped together with Xiz, and after you had switched to AA.

                          But yeah, not as hard as AA or me right now, I'll give you that. Okay, now how about the other phase? Was I on Mashi at all? And then let's bring up d1 again, why the hell not. Was I bring lumped together with Xiz? I made that post because people were acting as if it was some huge slip Mashi made, I just pointed out I thought it was odd, and said nothing else. I have no clue whatsoever how you can call that 'me being on him'

                          2) Fair enough, but if you can't figure out a top 5 town, do you at least have a current top 5 scum? MML, Reuben, Tokzic, inDheart. I'd put yoshl and sunfan at the same teir, there's potential but not as high as the other 4 mentioned. Mashi's right about in the middle I guess

                          3) Because I wanted to see if you'd expand on the answer. Shit below. To add onto that though, if you had wanted me to expand, you could've asked me to expand. Now I feel you're only saying this because I've brought up that you're attempting to through unwarranted shit.




                          I'll make sure to write "Yeah sorry but---" before I ask next time then, if it makes you feel better. I don't get what you mean here. Is it my fault if I say let me add DBP in here because I like his reactions towards Yoshl when they were arguing and you say 'why dbp? you just threw him in there randomly'? I think it's just you incapable of reading posts properly, as it's been shown throughout several games I've played with you.
                          blam

                          Comment

                          • Gradiant
                            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 1100

                            #1693
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Mashi being in the middle meaning null

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #1694
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Gradiant
                              blam
                              1) No, you weren't on Mashi pass that phase. Never said that, I said you went from Mashi, to AA, and now to me. Not sure what you think you're proving here.

                              2) Again, fair enough. Anything you want to add about InDHeart?

                              3) Feel however you please.

                              4) Already pointed out that it felt like you where just tacking him on as an afterthought, which I feel you are wholly ignoring now.
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • Gradiant
                                FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 1100

                                #1695
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                1) No, you weren't on Mashi pass that phase. Never said that, I said you went from Mashi, to AA, and now to me. Not sure what you think you're proving here. I'm proving that you're entirely incorrect about me being on Mashi, trying to use false points to enforce your opinion that I was latching onto people I thought were scummy.

                                2) Again, fair enough. Anything you want to add about InDHeart? iirc, he's not new, but has played on another site. Thus I'm worried about what he's capable of as a potential scum while not being aware of his playstyle. Also agree with Zenith's points regarding potential pocketing of sunfan, and his reaction to Zenith seemed odd with the saying they didn't know the term and then later saying the term fits what was going on.

                                3) Feel however you please. Are you an AA alt?

                                4) Already pointed out that it felt like you where just tacking him on as an afterthought, which I feel you are wholly ignoring now. As I've said before, I can't read DBP. Only thing I've got is his reactions to Yoshl, thus he's not strong town. My post regarding Zenith was for sunfan's suggestion of listing town. I'm not secure putting DBP there as top town which is why it was another post.
                                post

                                Comment

                                Working...