TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #1396
    Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

    Originally posted by Xiz
    Nobody is commenting on how I literally caught Ant in a lie.
    Am I wrong guys?
    I wouldn't call it a lie, but I don't understand why he would say such a thing and it looks peculiar. All of Ant's posts read like he's nervous...

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • Red Blaster
      Bridge Burner
      • Jun 2011
      • 2040

      #1397
      Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

      Originally posted by XelNya
      hey xiz / rb

      what are the odds scum team is DRG / Mario / Antr

      that'd be funny right
      Eh I'm not so sure of Mario or Drizz, but it could be a thing..I'm feeling danceguy as a wolf more than any of those two right now.

      I remember Drizz had those posts where she was pseudo defending blind in D0 so it could potentially hold water if we lynched Ant and he flipped wolf, but what is the case on MN again?
      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
      Originally posted by choof
      hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
      what's a milky christmas :O

      Comment

      • Tokzic
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 6878

        #1398
        Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

        I just read Roundbox's analyses on the blind wagon and I'm fucking confused.

        He points out three places botchi looks strange on D1 before voting for Blind at 3 min to EOD, then comes to the conclusion he looks towny.

        Then he points out just the fact that I voted for Blind at 3 min to EOD and thinks it looks scummy.

        what

        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

        Comment

        • roundbox
          fhqwhgads
          • Feb 2005
          • 2086

          #1399
          Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

          Originally posted by Tokzic
          I just read Roundbox's analyses on the blind wagon and I'm fucking confused.

          He points out three places botchi looks strange on D1 before voting for Blind at 3 min to EOD, then comes to the conclusion he looks towny.

          Then he points out just the fact that I voted for Blind at 3 min to EOD and thinks it looks scummy.

          what
          It's only scummy because you popped in super, super late and had no other votes or even a list of suspects or anything substantial throughout the whole phase. And on botchi, his vote on DRG wasn't going to make any differences, so his vote on blind makes sense since it was actually viable in context. I never put him as ULTRA LOCK TOWN status, and is essentially only leaning town for me.

          This next bit of logic extends to you: botchi nor you were trying to "save" storn with a vote, as some wolves might attempt to get their partners out of a shitty situation, so this helps your cases a little bit.
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



          Comment

          • Arntonach
            Owlbears Rock!
            • Mar 2012
            • 2494

            #1400
            Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

            Originally posted by Tokzic
            I wouldn't call it a lie, but I don't understand why he would say such a thing and it looks peculiar. All of Ant's posts read like he's nervous...
            This is because in every game I've been in, I was a townie that got lynched very quickly. I'd just like to last a little longer than a day or two, or at least get killed by the wolves this time.
            pack of hard stuffs

            pack of my stuffs

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #1401
              Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

              Originally posted by XelNya
              Yeah let's just gloss over a potentially random train getting going

              that's a great idea
              pretty much.

              ok I could have used more words there lol, was in a hurry. to me, it's not really different from a wagon around early d0. pile on a few votes, see what happens. the meta in FFRTWG is that everyone (including wolves, b/c they'd get lynched instantly) is insanely afraid of an insta ever happening. there's no risk, it's fun, you can see who else will vote.

              again, I appear to be at odds with a fair amount of the community here as far as overarching concepts go, but maybe you can see where I'm comin' from.

              Comment

              • lurker
                ur worst nitemare
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2003
                • 1628

                #1402
                Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                Originally posted by XelNya
                hey xiz / rb

                what are the odds scum team is DRG / Mario / Antr

                that'd be funny right
                it would be funny because there'd be one fewer wolf than the setup description but i digress
                some feathery f**k

                Comment

                • roundbox
                  fhqwhgads
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 2086

                  #1403
                  Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  storn42 --> storn42
                  Gradiant --> storn42
                  DaBacpack --> dAnceguy117
                  lurker --> AragakiAyase
                  DaBackpack --> storn42
                  XelNya --> drizzleRomanceGirl
                  lurker --> Gradiant
                  dAnceguy117 --> blindreper1179
                  storn42 --> dAnceguy117
                  XelNya --> UNVOTE
                  DaBackpack --> storn42
                  drizzleRomanceGirl --> dAnceguy117
                  dAnceguy117 --> MarioNintendo
                  dAnceguy117 --> botchi246
                  dAnceguy117 --> Gradiant
                  dAnceguy117 --> botchi246
                  MarioNintendo --> drizzleRomanceGirl
                  MarioNintendo --> AragakiAyase
                  MarioNintendo --> drizzleRomanceGirl
                  lurker --> blindreper1179
                  storn42 --> Gradiant
                  botchi246 --> drizzleRomanceGirl
                  AragakiAyase --> blindreper1179
                  dAnceguy117 --> MarioNintendo
                  lurker --> roundbox
                  DaBackpack --> MarioNintendo
                  lurker --> blindreper1179
                  roundbox --> storn42
                  Red Blaster --> AragakiAyase
                  XelNya --> storn42

                  Makilaz --> Makilaz
                  Makilaz --> UNVOTE
                  DaBackpack --> storn42

                  dAnceguy117 --> blindreper1179
                  storn42 --> blindreper1179
                  botchi246 --> blindreper1179
                  Tokzic --> blindreper1179

                  dAnceguy117 --> botchi246
                  dAnceguy117 --> storn42
                  Next candidate for observation is STORN. storn flipped town, so let's take a nice gander at the voters.

                  storn42 - Gradiant/Xiz, roundbox, Xelnya, DaBackpack, dAnceguy

                  First voter is Gradiant (now occupied by Xiz)
                  Holy SHIT is this not suspicious as hell. This vote carried on throughout the entire phase and was made at about 11 AM SERVER TIME on the 2nd, which means it was a whole 60 HOURS before the phase ended. I dug through his post history, and he had some heavy suspicions on both lurker and botchi. One of his big dislikes for lurker was his vote on him, which bleeds a little OMGUS. lurker never really carried that vote anywhere, so I'm not sure why he had such a negative reaction. Gradiant was heavily suspicious of everyone and very probing, so this vote is really starting to feel more and more weird. His posts say one thing (town leany), but the fact he stuck his vote on storn 60 hours before phase end makes it very, very gross to look at.
                  Originally posted by Gradiant
                  Storn's current posts make me want to stick with him, his flip would help with drg
                  I see all of these people suspicious of DRG but not voting her. aaagh

                  I give Gradiant's voting history a THE CARPETS (vote) DON'T MATCH THE DRAPES (posting) <therefore, quite on the self-fulfilling prophecy side against storn, and probably suspicious and worth looking into at some point. maybe if Xiz wasn't so calm this phase I'd be more on this>


                  Next candidate is me. I'm town. Don't really need to explain my vote any more.

                  Next candidate is Xelnya.
                  106 posts. Yowza. At least I'm really only digging into your voting history. Xelnya's first vote is on DRG. It wasn't really based off of anything and he acknowledges it was a shit play and pretty much a shitpost. He was prodding, so this isn't really anything suspicious. Nothing crazy here.

                  His next vote is an unvote, retracting his DRG vote for the comments stated previously. Nothing crazy here.

                  Xelnya's last vote is on storn.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  Storn

                  I am willing to move this pending a good post case made for either drg or blind
                  Here it is. This was made 17 minutes before phase end. He does get kinda diplomatic with his post in the second line, but let's see what the surrounding posts look like.
                  uhhhh
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  My immediate question is why do I see more votes on drg
                  Enters the phase with this. He hears some opinions on DRG but doesn't really react or resonate with any of them. Why would he be okay with lynching DRG after entering the thread like this??
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  then dbp's earlier post on storn staying relevant, his newer posts don't really change my agreement with earlier

                  kinda feelin' the storn vote, talk about AA more during the night, discuss drg, and then blind

                  seems like a decent plan imho
                  Here's his proposed lynch order, or something like that. DRG is still on the table, but now as a discussion, and AA was now thrown in the mix before the two. Why did he drop AA? He said there was always room for AA to be wolf since his play in the freeze wars game was strong, so why did he drop him off?? the fuck man

                  I give this vote history a THE CURTAINS AND THE DRAPES WERE SELECTED BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT INTERIOR DESIGN (really flip floppy with his read on AA and he never really makes a huge justification for his storn vote, either). Not really liking how he got to the storn vote


                  Next on the wagon is DaBackpack.
                  DaBackpack has 96 posts so far. Not bad.
                  His first vote is on dAnceguy and this is pretty fresh out of the gate. It's a reaction to the comment on tokzic's eventual entrance and dAnceguy asking "so how's it feel to roll wolf this time around?" DaBackpack calls this vote a REAL VOTE, in contrast to his other reads being in different parts of his intestine. This is a solid first vote and isn't out of the ordinary at all. Nothing crazy here.
                  Do note at this point that he is intestine-reading MN as wolf.

                  His second vote is on storn, saying that he smells like he's wolfing this game. He re-votes storn a second time after his initial post of suspicions, this time armed with evidence. Hey, look, another vote that is based off of evidence. I might start taking back what I said bout DaBackpack being scummy. This changes my mind a little bit. The only reason I was super wary on him is how he dunked someone (pretty sure it was storn) in a previous game and I blindly followed it along with T-Force. It doesn't feel as harsh and as CUHRAAAAAAAAZY as that one, though, so this is fine.

                  His subsequent vote is on MarioNintendo, about 35 minutes from EOD after doing some isos and having people quote his suspicious stuff. DaBackpack says his initial wariness about MN is his diplomatic tone, and then cements his suspicions with a vote. It's criticized for being angleshooty, and then he brings some evidence to the table in a post where he bolds some suspicious phrases, and then finds his vote on drizzle as being towny. This vote is alright. It's not as clean as his other ones, but his flexibility and very visible train of thought makes it still come out on the town side of things.

                  His final vote is on storn, who he has a catalog of evidence on, and even prefaced it with an intent to vote. Hm. Not bad, DaBackpack.

                  I give DaBackpack's voting history a SURPRISED DENTIST FINDING ZERO CAVITIES ON A PATIENT WHO HASN'T VISITED IN 3 YEARS (town)


                  And the last one is the vote shifting son-of-a-gun, dAnceguy
                  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do you have so many votes man
                  FUN FACT: dAnceguy has the number 117 at the end of his username, which is VERY close to blind's numbers of 1179 at the end of his. ohhhhhhh shit

                  fucking 225 posts, I'm not sure if I have the mental patience to find the ones that have your votes in them, so I might just comment on your voting style in general according to the history that Charu provided.

                  Your voting history is
                  blind
                  MN
                  botchi
                  Gradiant
                  back to botchi
                  back to MN
                  back to blind
                  back to botchi (AGAIN)
                  storn

                  The only thing here to really take notice of is the KITB bullshit at the end of the phase. The way you explained your perspective made sense and it tells me that you weren't just a wolf making a bullshit argument to justify a KITB, but a question from me comes up: how the fuck are you living under the same roof of thesunfan and not know that KITBs are garbo?????????
                  I give your voting history a CHILL THE FUCK DOWN HOLY HELL (your justification on the KITB makes you look clean even though the natural conclusion is that you're scum)



                  My final evaluation of storn's wagon is THERE ARE MYSTERIOUS PEOPLE HERE AND STATISTICS DICTATE THAT I'M PROBABLY RIGHT
                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #1404
                    Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by roundbox
                    how the fuck are you living under the same roof of thesunfan and not know that KITBs are garbo?????????
                    I have placed a ban on him ever talking to me about the game of werewolf

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #1405
                      Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                      (not really but usually if he's talking to me about mechanics, it's LTWG/dailymafia related)

                      this game might be getting easier btw.

                      Comment

                      • lurker
                        ur worst nitemare
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 1628

                        #1406
                        Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        lurker's next vote is on me, but he doesn't really do anything with it since the wagon on me doesn't really stick with other players.
                        you say that as if starting wagons is the only thing i would try to do with a vote
                        some feathery f**k

                        Comment

                        • Tokzic
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 6878

                          #1407
                          Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                          digging roundbox's storn edition of tryharding much more than the blind one, similar conclusions to me and the differing ones are thought-provoking

                          Starting to get paranoid about Xiz. Roundbox's thoughts on Gradiant made me realise I am not remembering D1 very well and I should probably go reread it because Gradiant does not look nearly as good as I remember.

                          Roundbox, what do you make of these Arn/Xiz interactions?

                          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #1408
                            Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                            Time to talk about the last 5 voters on the single-vote wagons.

                            Voting for DRG, we have MARIONINTENDO

                            MN's first vote is on DRG, and was placed after making potential cases on DRG, storn, and TPS. He opted to pick DRG.

                            His second vote was AA and it was a joke. AA asked him essentially to "come at me bro" and just responded with a vote. eh.

                            He then swapped back onto DRG with some more dialogue. Vote looks fine, imo. This is also paired with the fact that his time table is very screwed up due to his vacation.

                            I give MN a THIS VOTE LOOKS FINE, YOU'RE GOOD BRO




                            Voting for dAnceguy, we have DRG.

                            DRG's first and only vote was on dAnceguy, placed at around 3:30 AM on the last day of the phase. She said she would explain why she voted, but said that she would explain LATER.
                            We never got one. One or two posts might have helped, you didn't need to comb his whole history to find what you wanted (although, I can't blame you since he has a shitload of posts). She makes a decent point about his auto circle being people he doesn't want to read since they'd be controversial to suspect. It's a nice thought, but I don't think it was outlandish at the time (or even now) to place suspicions on the people in his auto circle.
                            I don't think he's putting people in his auto circle so they don't suspect him, though.

                            The ex-post-facto justification is suspicious, so I'm gonna place you at YOU MADE SOME GOOD POINTS BUT THEY ARE AFTER THE FACT, BUT SOMETHING TELLS ME THIS READ COULD BE IMPORTANT LATER IN THE GAME (I do like the independence of the vote, though)


                            Last but not least is Red Blaster.
                            Red Blaster didn't vote until close to phase end, which definitely matches his style and isn't anything suspect. It was made at 10:34 server time, 26 minutes before EOD. His posts feel like a natural evolution of voice from the last two games (sleepwalkers, turbo), and make him feel like a very solid town for me. Some part of me says that he really wants to nail AA as wolf after losing in the turbo. His posting style is very, very similar if not identical to how he was conducting himself in the turbo game, so I'm far from putting him into any wolf territory. I may be biased about his vote considering I made mine in a similar way, but the fact that this was his only vote was not suspicious.

                            I give Red Blaster a I'M PRETTY DAMN SURE YOU'RE TOWN AND IF I'M WRONG, YOU EARNED IT


                            And the last two people are ones that DIDN'T VOTE AT ALL!

                            blind - looks the most like shit since he was in the thread more than once, like come on LAME AND SUSPICIOUS

                            tps222 - Just disappeared. This gives me a solid NULL on his slot since it means absolutely nothing.
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • roundbox
                              fhqwhgads
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 2086

                              #1409
                              Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Tokzic
                              Roundbox, what do you make of these Arn/Xiz interactions?
                              If the "literal lie" that Xiz pointed out was the fact that Arntonach said he was calm and confident (also a sensible town), it seems to be pretty minor, imo. I know Xiz is basing his reads off of interactions solely on this day, so it does feel outlandish that he's declaring his vote will be unmoving.
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #1410
                                Re: TWG CLIII - Cha Cha Got 'Em! - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                If the "literal lie" that Xiz pointed out was the fact that Arntonach said he was calm and confident (also a sensible town), it seems to be pretty minor, imo. I know Xiz is basing his reads off of interactions solely on this day, so it does feel outlandish that he's declaring his vote will be unmoving.
                                he said he has played with me before.
                                he has not.
                                why did he say he was

                                Comment

                                Working...