jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #736
    Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

    But night phase talk is where people can lay information out before their death if they are assuming they are the most likely killed player. I also see it as a way to destress from the day phase as it gets heated from time to time (<3 DFR).





    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #737
      Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

      Also since the game name has been bugging me since the start

      It was obviously Sundance the whole time

      They even have a song in game about it: "Capoeira Sundance".





      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #738
        Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

        Might as well get my thoughts out as a wolf

        I hate being a wolf, I will never be a good wolf, EVER. Period. I could study "How to be a proper wolf 101" five hundred plus times yet I will never get it down. I'm seriously considering dropping any game I'm a wolf in because it just will never happen. I am a much better town because I know how to orientate myself better as a town than to bullshit my way into being a town as a wolf; though Xel called me the most town in his reads so I don't know what he saw but thanks <3





        Comment

        • _Zenith_
          Accuracy Player
          • Mar 2011
          • 4629

          #739
          Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

          I know that it might be looked at like "Wow he's a serious defeatist" but I just naturally despise the wolf role haha.





          Comment

          • danceflashrevo
            scumfan is scared of aa
            • Sep 2007
            • 488

            #740
            Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by _Zenith_
            I know that it might be looked at like "Wow he's a serious defeatist" but I just naturally despise the wolf role haha.
            ugh yeah I know how you feel. The first time I had ever rolled wolf was in a live TWG. You can guess how that went xP

            Why are you here?

            Comment

            • Cold Kitten
              i love (purple things)
              • May 2009
              • 1341

              #741
              Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

              Some thoughts as a host on that: Almost no one likes being a wolf. Seriously. If you don't want to be a wolf, that badly, then you have no right playing this game. Yes, you will inevitably be town more than wolf statistically, however, you always have a chance to be wolf.

              If your intention is to drop any game that you end up as wolf in, then just don't fucking play. No one wants to deal with that kind of bullshit. Not the host, not the other players, not the person who would have to replace you.

              Don't bother signing up for a TWG if you hate being a wolf that much. There's no fucking point.

              Also, just because you're bad at being a wolf NOW doesn't mean you will always be bad at it. Zenith, you're pretty new to TWG, and don't argue with me on that, it's a fact.

              You're not a good wolf, you're not a good town, you're not a good player. Yet. Because you haven't been playing long enough to BE any of those. But that doesn't mean you won't get there. I'm not there yet. There are plenty of people who have been playing for a pretty long time who, guess what? Still aren't there yet. And you'll never get there if you just resign yourself to being a horrible wolf.

              If you're a horrible wolf, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, and get better. Actually, you should always do that. You should always learn from your mistakes in this game. Learning from your mistakes is how you get better. So figure it out.


              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

              Comment

              • _Zenith_
                Accuracy Player
                • Mar 2011
                • 4629

                #742
                Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                ugh yeah I know how you feel. The first time I had ever rolled wolf was in a live TWG. You can guess how that went xP
                *Shitting bricks on cam*

                *Dark haired bricks*

                @CK, I agree with all of those points, but I feel like every time you talk about me you always do it in a negative way that doesn't actually help me in learning what to do, and I almost always ask for tips on what to do and guess what, nobody fucking does.

                Though I can thank you for what you said because it's absolutely true and I don't consider myself a good player as you have insinuated; I consider myself flaky at best. The more I play the more I'll learn, but the general tone of that post is just bad and I dislike being yelled at for some reason. Yes I know I hate being a wolf, yes I know I shouldn't play TWG if I don't want to be a wolf, yet you saw me suck it up this game and try, and I did yet another quite ballsy risk move as a wolf, resulting in two PRs down. No credit? I think not.





                Comment

                • Funnygurl555
                  T-Force's Rival
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 1865

                  #743
                  Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                  @ Zenith take each game as a learning experience. You saw two times that fake claims don't always work out. Try to be more careful next time.

                  No one is good at every role. I mean, I'm a terrible PR. *terrible*
                  doesn't stop me from playing the game though
                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  is funny eaman?
                  Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  GET DUNKED FUNNY
                  (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                  Comment

                  • Cold Kitten
                    i love (purple things)
                    • May 2009
                    • 1341

                    #744
                    Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                    I would direct that post in that way, regardless of who it was directed at. I am not the only one who has a bad attitude here.

                    I also wasn't yelling at you. Having a defeatist attitude (you said it yourself, and regardless of the fact that you "just despise wolf" it's still defeatist) is one of the things in TWG that annoys me to no end. And if no one calls you out for it and says it's a bad thing to do, you might never change it.

                    I am not trying to be negative, but those were things that needed to be said to you. I was actually trying to say that while you may hate wolf and be bad at it now, that doesn't mean you'll always be bad at it and always hate it. Being a good wolf takes practice and that means you have to play a lot of games. Throwing in the towel as a wolf won't get you there. That's basically what I was trying to say. In this particular game, I can see why you did just give up. And I might've done the same thing. But that's where the "learn from your mistakes" part comes in. You've done this before as a wolf, correct? You lost the game for your team in that game, correct? Yet you did the same thing again here.

                    And yes, that might result in PRs down, but that was purely luck. You guys lynched an INACTIVE player, because of something he couldn't help (work), that just HAPPENED to be a PR. That was not you. That was luck.

                    Anyway, most of this belongs in postgame, not here, so whatever. I'm not trying to be negative or yell at you, Zenith, and I apologize for it coming across that way.
                    Last edited by Cold Kitten; 04-28-2015, 02:18 PM.


                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #745
                      Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                      okay zenith I'll say it now since we know you're a wolf

                      your play, in retrospect wasn't that bad
                      it's really unfortunate for you that we lynched one of the only people who would have gotten you killed anyway

                      in a semi-open setup like this, fake-claims are tricky; you either have to get lucky or you have to be skilled enough to set up a breadcrumb that you can use to get the actual pr lynched when/if they cc

                      Comment

                      • choof
                        Banned
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 8563

                        #746
                        Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                        your optimal play when xelnya flipped would have been to stop posting
                        not intending to be rude or mean, but the instant xel flipped blue, you were outed as a wolf
                        so continuing to post coulf accidentally ping out your partner based on reactions

                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #747
                          Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                          I'll let you know right now that I'm gonna go super saiyan since I don't have anything to do for the next few days

                          and I think others will do the same; if mashi is not your partner then he definitely will

                          Comment

                          • blindreper1179
                            Vice President Of TGB
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 5902

                            #748
                            Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                            If there was no flips, it would of been a tremendous play, you would of lead wolves to a win almost. Just remember to make plays based on the games mechanics.
                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                            Originally posted by choof
                            It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                            Originally posted by choof
                            whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                            Originally posted by Celirra
                            I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                            Comment

                            • Red Blaster
                              Bridge Burner
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 2040

                              #749
                              Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                              I think at the very least blind should post some sort of updated reads/feelings on everyone before day start. Considering Zenith said he's "killed both pr's" I would have to assume there's a chance you might be the one to die.
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                              Originally posted by choof
                              hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              what's a milky christmas :O

                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #750
                                Re: jTWG LXXIV: apparently it's sunguy - GAME THREAD

                                He should definitely be posting updated reads or thoughts since he is an outed PR.





                                Comment

                                Working...