Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jazzcornet
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2006
    • 33

    #736
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    hey peeps, i speak french and japanese fluently if anyone needs help with the translation for code or anything. just let me know

    je suis en amoureus pour vous aider!!!

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #737
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      Originally posted by jazzcornet
      je suis en amoureus pour vous aider!!!
      French - C'est bonne! Merci beaucoup!

      Japanese - Arigato gozaimasu!

      Comment

      • HammyMcSquirrel
        Everlong
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Dec 2004
        • 3833

        #738
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        Clicked again, as always.

        I can't wait to see what the city looks like when it is #1.

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #739
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          We have to find a way that will let us continually click all links instead of waiting for new scripts and proxies etc. Once we do that, the whole of France will be ours.

          Comment

          • ~HentaiXXX~
            Banned
            • Apr 2007
            • 2955

            #740
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            Bahaha, first France, then the world!! >:3

            Comment

            • FrenzyMidget
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2007
              • 1421

              #741
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              I clicked on pollution this morning since I find it was pretty high. Since I'm at work, I should be able to click another one from my pc when I get home.

              Comment

              • alainbryden
                Seen your member
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2003
                • 2873

                #742
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                I'm close to figuring out how to get access to the RSS feed with the script, so I won't have to keep updating the RSS manually.

                As for figuring out why firefox doesn't recognise the property Object Element.Text and Internet Explorer does, it's beyond me. I might have to find a method that works different than using XML objects, like parsing the text itself. I'll work on that, and more, later.
                ~NEIGH

                Comment

                • alainbryden
                  Seen your member
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 2873

                  #743
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  YESSSS I solved the firefox/IE problem. Firefox has a different property, TextContent

                  all I had to do was add
                  var unemployment = parseInt(city[0].getElementsByTagName("unemployment")[0].textContent);
                  if (isNaN(unemployment))
                  unemployment = parseInt(city[0].getElementsByTagName("unemployment")[0].text);

                  Now I just have to fix the liveRSS feed problem and we are set.
                  ~NEIGH

                  Comment

                  • ELRayford
                    Custom User Title
                    • May 2004
                    • 1547

                    #744
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    Alain you are my hero! Let me know the second you get it ready I have access to a few idle PC's that i can setup a macros to keep refreshing that link.
                    In theory I should be able to have one PC always clicking every 10 seconds.

                    Comment

                    • alainbryden
                      Seen your member
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 2873

                      #745
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      whoa whoa whoa. This isn't what you think. I'm talking about the link that when you click it, it automatically refers you to the most needed stat based on the RSS feed.



                      I haven't even begun to look at the system I was talking about earlier, which automatically looks for proxies, switches proxies, and refreshes to generate continuous hits. That's not something a mere link can provide. We'll need to work together to find those elements. I actually could use your help in researching this long lost tool i speak of, which scans the internet for working proxies and tests them.
                      ~NEIGH

                      Comment

                      • ELRayford
                        Custom User Title
                        • May 2004
                        • 1547

                        #746
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        Well with the "smart link" I can still set it up with my proxies to do this. Either way nice work! I got excited. Let me know what browser, and any other info on that program you seek. I should be able to find it with my powerful google/rape skills.

                        Comment

                        • cC@Zz
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 1427

                          #747
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          Clicked population.
                          There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

                          Comment

                          • alainbryden
                            Seen your member
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 2873

                            #748
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            I'm just going to say this - for the heck of it guys. Stop saying "Clicked ****" It doesn't contribute, it buries valuable discussion, and it's just whoring your post count. Sorry to snap on you cC@Zz but it has to be said now.

                            Ray, what I'm talking about is an executable program, not a browser extension. It will mean downloading and trying various tools. I don't know anything else about it.
                            ~NEIGH

                            Comment

                            • HammyMcSquirrel
                              Everlong
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 3833

                              #749
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              Originally posted by alainbryden
                              I'm just going to say this - for the heck of it guys. Stop saying "Clicked ****" It doesn't contribute, it buries valuable discussion, and it's just whoring your post count. Sorry to snap on you cC@Zz but it has to be said now.
                              Yeah...I did that at first, solely for this reason:
                              Originally posted by Chromer
                              Ok guys, this is how we are going to do this. We are going to break the task of upping each stat that we have so far in order to keep things flowing. When you join this team, you must be committed to doing your part to help. When you click the link, you will need to report that you have done so in order to resolve any confusion.
                              I tried to add more to my post when I did say I clicked, though, but I think some people are just following what Chromer said. Either way, I agree with you. Once you have been helping with this for awhile, it isn't necessary to say you have clicked every day. Just post in here occasionally to contribute to the discussion about the city, and to let us know you are still with us.
                              Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 07-25-2007, 09:44 AM.

                              Comment

                              • alainbryden
                                Seen your member
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 2873

                                #750
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                Ahh I didn't see that. Well thanks for showing me that.

                                At the same time, eventually my script will work with live RSS, and then we won't even need people to click individual links, we'll put the script on ffr, then everyone can just click www.flashflashrevolution.com/synthlightcity/ and our stats will be perfectly optimized.
                                ~NEIGH

                                Comment

                                Working...