Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blargherness
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2005
    • 624

    #526
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    proxy sites usually automatically remove scripting like that. You have to look at the options (If there are any, sometimes there aren't) and uncheck the box next to "remove javascript". If there isn't a checkbox like that then simply try a different site.

    Comment

    • windsurfer-sp
      FFR Veteran
      • Apr 2005
      • 1974

      #527
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      Originally posted by T3hDDRKid
      Somebody help.

      I was going to proxy us up to perfect stats, but apparently you need Javascript to use the site, and I haven't found a proxy that uses that. Maybe I'm just using the wrong ones, or maybe Java doesn't work through a proxy. Anybody here know more than me?

      Btw, we need one more transport click and we're good.
      Keep trying, your doing fairly well if you get about a 1 in 5 sucess rate.
      Orbb fan club.
      White text society.

      Comment

      • alainbryden
        Seen your member
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2003
        • 2873

        #528
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        This is an important fact:

        Industry should be REMOVED from the page. (replaced by commerce)

        As I've tested, Commerce also reduces unemployment, but it does not cause pollution. If we always use commerce instead of industry, our clicks will be much more effectively put to use, and we will make much more income with commerce than with industry.
        ~NEIGH

        Comment

        • DarkbearX
          Shimose
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 1995

          #529
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          Originally posted by alainbryden
          This is an important fact:

          Industry should be REMOVED from the page. (replaced by commerce)

          As I've tested, Commerce also reduces unemployment, but it does not cause pollution. If we always use commerce instead of industry, our clicks will be much more effectively put to use, and we will make much more income with commerce than with industry.
          Hmm, I don't think this is too good of an idea. Of course commerce provides employment and doesn't give off pollution, but I'm pretty sure it'll affect another statistic negatively somehow; it has to. Also, I'm pretty sure lack of industry will change something for the negative too... not sure what though.

          Edit: Commerce will probably lower transportation, like population does. :-/
          im gay
          SRL Page
          Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
          D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

          Comment

          • bobbycat73
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2004
            • 339

            #530
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            What causes really big buildings? We have two skyscrapers, but if you look at the top cities in each region, they have a bunch of big buildings. Now, does population or industry, or even commerce, cause these big buildings?
            aids

            http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

            Comment

            • Tps222
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 6169

              #531
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              Got my com click in.

              Comment

              • bobbycat73
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2004
                • 339

                #532
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                I'm currently proxying for population, but as I see any negative stats go to 1% I click for those.

                EDIT: Perfect stats now, and at least another 15 population clicks, didn't take too long.
                Last edited by bobbycat73; 07-18-2007, 07:47 AM.
                aids

                http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

                Comment

                • windsurfer-sp
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 1974

                  #533
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  Bobbycat equals cool.

                  Also I would love for someone to get a firm grip around this Commerce idea. I summon Chromer for an answer.

                  I hope alainbryden is right and its some sort of awsome industry replacment. Then agian it might help improve the industury clicks. Also might give thoose cool massive buildings. Then agian I have no idea.
                  Orbb fan club.
                  White text society.

                  Comment

                  • sammo123
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 1339

                    #534
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    clikced pop for today

                    Comment

                    • Reach
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 7471

                      #535
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      Originally posted by alainbryden
                      This is an important fact:

                      Industry should be REMOVED from the page. (replaced by commerce)

                      As I've tested, Commerce also reduces unemployment, but it does not cause pollution. If we always use commerce instead of industry, our clicks will be much more effectively put to use, and we will make much more income with commerce than with industry.
                      If this game works anything like sim city than this is true. Once your city develops you stop building industry and put all of your resources into commerce/commercial. Large cities do not require large industry and feed virtually entirely off of commerce.

                      However, I have no idea if this game uses the same mechanics XD But it should. This would also be how you get the big buildings because those are the big buisnesses.
                      Last edited by Reach; 07-18-2007, 08:49 AM.

                      Comment

                      • windsurfer-sp
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 1974

                        #536
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        Originally posted by Reach
                        If this game works anything like sim city than this is true. Once your city develops you stop building industry and put all of your resources into commerce/commercial. Large cities do not require large industry and feed virtually entirely off of commerce.

                        However, I have no idea if this game uses the same mechanics XD But it should. This would also be how you get the big buildings because those are the big buisnesses.
                        My counter logic is that we got the twin towers before commerce was available.

                        Im guessing that big buildings require huge population.

                        Im not sure though and no one seems to be able to find any offical documentation on this or any other subject. Oh well clicks=good
                        Orbb fan club.
                        White text society.

                        Comment

                        • Chromer
                          Hookers and Blow
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 4981

                          #537
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          OK ENOUGH MAYOR CHROMER HAS RETURNED.

                          Jewpin, that's why I made you Vice President to take care of these things. =P

                          About the commerce, I've played a few Sim City games so what everyone is saying is partly right. However, what's not to say that Crime may drive the industry down due to factories being blown up and crops being destroyed?

                          My judgment for now is to reduce the amount of members currently on Team Industry and spread them to the other teams. Jewpin should have been taking care of Team submissions during my little vacation so it might be a while before team updates since I have to go back to when I left and change things.

                          Also, I need everyone who has proxied us within the last week or so to speak up now. You are going into the Project Excel team and will be the only ones can proxy. I'll set up more details once I get word from Jewpin and my planning teams.

                          Whew. Good job guys. I'm really proud of you all. I was gone and I see you guys really stepped up and took care of business.

                          Comment

                          • Chromer
                            Hookers and Blow
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 4981

                            #538
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            Ok, front page is updated.

                            1. Teams have been moved around and Team Commerce is yet to be announced due to me needing to see who wants to join it.

                            2. Project Excel is officially a go and this is the breakdown. All of those who have significantly made a difference by proxying (you guys know who you are ex: gotten perfect stats for us in one day type stuff) can join Project Excel. However, if you are trying to figure out how to proxy, you cannot join. I want to limit exactly how many people are using proxies for this thing. We might be trying to get #1 in the world, but we're not going to cheat our way there. I still want some legitimacy for this Project.

                            At the moment, please congratulate alainbryden and windsurfer-sp as Executive and First Officer of Project Excel. Everyone who is joining PE must let me know so I can add you to the team. You will be under their guidance and they are under mine and the rest of the teams.

                            Comment

                            • sammo123
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 1339

                              #539
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              now we shall become number one

                              Comment

                              • rade0110
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2004
                                • 1253

                                #540
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                Proxy member rade saying...hello!
                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                Everyone uses quotes from Synthlight in their signature. So I'm making this one up to fit in.

                                Cheers,

                                Synthlight

                                Comment

                                Working...