Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alainbryden
    Seen your member
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2003
    • 2873

    #826
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    Originally posted by Skare Krow
    Anything I can do to help besides clicking on all of the links everyday?
    Steps to being :ver: Helpful

    Google "Proxy Surf" or "Proxy Browse" to find proxy sites that can successfully load a miniville page. If you find one that works (and most do)

    1. Visit whatismyip.com with the proxy.
    2. Check that the IP address isn't on the list of proxies I provided at the top of this page.
    3. Copy paste the address of the site (ie http://4proxy.com) into a text file.
    4. Copy paste the IP of the site next to it.
    5. Visit One (1) site miniville link such as synthlight.miniville.fr/com, and copy the hotlink that appears in the address bar (you have to copy it quickly before it refreshes to synthlight.miniville.fr/ )
    6. Paste that hotlink next to the IP.
    7. Once you have a list of these, PM it to me.

    The reason I only ask you to copy one of the hotlinks is because all the proxy sites use one of a few methods for caching or encrypting the url they are visiting in the hotlink. I've seen them all by now, so if I get just one hotlink from the site, I can generate the rest just by copying the links from another site using the same system, and just replacing the host in the url.
    Last edited by alainbryden; 08-1-2007, 07:29 AM.
    ~NEIGH

    Comment

    • ELRayford
      Custom User Title
      • May 2004
      • 1547

      #827
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      Antiville! imma go proxify some fools. Bwahahahahaah. KabooM

      Hmmm antiville the guys ahead of us on front page? That would be evil!!! I have brought up signatures from 500-518. Mayor Chromer may I request a move to Warlord, or head of nuking fools or somethin. To hell with the stats I wanna blow stuff up.
      Last edited by ELRayford; 08-1-2007, 08:13 AM.

      Comment

      • sammo123
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2007
        • 1339

        #828
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        Originally posted by ELRayford
        Antiville! imma go proxify some fools. Bwahahahahaah. KabooM

        Hmmm antiville the guys ahead of us on front page? That would be evil!!! I have brought up signatures from 500-518. Mayor Chromer may I request a move to Warlord, or head of nuking fools or somethin. To hell with the stats I wanna blow stuff up.
        and can i be co-warlord

        Comment

        • alainbryden
          Seen your member
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2003
          • 2873

          #829
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          am I the only one that cares anymore...
          ~NEIGH

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #830
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            Originally posted by alainbryden
            am I the only one that cares anymore...
            I just want to see some sh*t blow up dude.

            But seriously, it was neat watching it rise so fast, with all these proxies now, it's hard for the lone man to really make much of a difference.

            Comment

            • HammyMcSquirrel
              Everlong
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2004
              • 3833

              #831
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              I'm still clicking every day! Woooo!

              But yeah! Proxies...Yeah...

              Comment

              • Boatz
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2007
                • 179

                #832
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                Something I just realised...Chromer WTF is that desktop wallpaper all about???



                or

                And you should use this:


                Tokens: 18
                Skill Tokens: 10

                Comment

                • ELRayford
                  Custom User Title
                  • May 2004
                  • 1547

                  #833
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  I do alain, I do. Next spot of free time i get ill send u a rather large list of URLs. Also, I was thinking about how you set the script up. Would there be a way to run a script on anti? If so is there a way that I could get the anti script. I could run the anti at 6 as well. We could use the original list.

                  Comment

                  • windsurfer-sp
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 1974

                    #834
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    Originally posted by ELRayford
                    I do alain, I do. Next spot of free time i get ill send u a rather large list of URLs. Also, I was thinking about how you set the script up. Would there be a way to run a script on anti? If so is there a way that I could get the anti script. I could run the anti at 6 as well. We could use the original list.
                    If by anti, you mean antiville then he already has that column set up in his script.

                    Good job on the script, mr mexican I have been to lazy (I mean I have been studying...) to do it myself. He needs all the help he can get.
                    Orbb fan club.
                    White text society.

                    Comment

                    • alainbryden
                      Seen your member
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 2873

                      #835
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      Yep I'm running it on anti every day too, so the proxies are working for both evil and good.
                      ~NEIGH

                      Comment

                      • alainbryden
                        Seen your member
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 2873

                        #836
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        If you're curious about the code, I'll make it open source:

                        Code:
                        Option Explicit
                        
                        Const StartRow As Integer = 3
                        Const FirstCol As Integer = 3
                        Const LastCol As Integer = 8
                        Const AntivilleCol As Integer = 9
                        Const PauseAt As Integer = 10
                            
                        Sub OpenLinksBase()
                            Dim I As Integer
                            For I = StartRow To Sheet1.UsedRange.Rows.Count
                                Cells(I, 1).Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=False
                                If (I - StartRow + 1) Mod PauseAt = 0 Then
                                    If MsgBox("You have opened " & PauseAt & " links, can your computer handle " & PauseAt & " more?", vbYesNo, "Continue?") = vbNo Then Exit Sub
                                End If
                            Next I
                        End Sub
                        
                        Sub OpenAntiville()
                            Dim I As Integer
                            Dim Tries As Integer
                            For I = StartRow To Sheet1.UsedRange.Rows.Count
                                Tries = 0
                        TryAgain:
                                On Error GoTo Whattodo
                                Cells(I, AntivilleCol).Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=False
                        DontTryAgain:
                                If (I - StartRow + 1) Mod PauseAt = 0 Then
                                    If MsgBox("You have opened " & PauseAt & " links, can your computer handle " & PauseAt & " more?", vbYesNo, "Continue?") = vbNo Then Exit Sub
                                End If
                            Next I
                            Exit Sub
                        Whattodo:
                            If Tries < 10 Then
                                Tries = Tries + 1
                                Cells(I, AntivilleCol + 1).Value = "Finicky"
                                Resume TryAgain
                            Else
                                Cells(I, AntivilleCol + 1).Value = "Broken"
                                Resume DontTryAgain
                            End If
                        End Sub
                        
                        Sub OpenLinks()
                            Dim I As Integer
                            Dim Tries As Integer
                            Dim Category As Integer
                            For I = StartRow To Sheet1.UsedRange.Rows.Count
                                Tries = 0
                                Select Case RandomNumbers(0, Sum(Range(Cells(2, FirstCol), Cells(2, LastCol))), 2)
                                    Case Is < Sum(Cells(2, FirstCol)): Category = FirstCol
                                    Case Is < Sum(Range(Cells(2, FirstCol), Cells(2, FirstCol + 1))): Category = FirstCol + 1
                                    Case Is < Sum(Range(Cells(2, FirstCol), Cells(2, FirstCol + 2))): Category = FirstCol + 2
                                    Case Is < Sum(Range(Cells(2, FirstCol), Cells(2, FirstCol + 3))): Category = FirstCol + 3
                                    Case Is < Sum(Range(Cells(2, FirstCol), Cells(2, FirstCol + 4))): Category = FirstCol + 4
                                    Case Else: Category = FirstCol + 5
                                End Select
                        TryAgain:
                                On Error GoTo Whattodo
                                Cells(I, Category).Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=False
                        DontTryAgain:
                                If (I - StartRow + 1) Mod PauseAt = 0 Then
                                    If MsgBox("You have opened " & PauseAt & " links, can your computer handle " & PauseAt & " more?", vbYesNo, "Continue?") = vbNo Then Exit Sub
                                End If
                            Next I
                            Exit Sub
                        Whattodo:
                            If Tries < 10 Then
                                Tries = Tries + 1
                                Cells(I, AntivilleCol + 1).Value = "Finicky"
                                Resume TryAgain
                            Else
                                Cells(I, AntivilleCol + 1).Value = "Broken"
                                Resume DontTryAgain
                            End If
                        End Sub
                        
                        Public Function RandomNumbers(Lowest As Long, Highest As Long, Optional Decimals As Integer)
                           Application.Volatile  'Remove this line to "freeze" the numbers
                           If IsMissing(Decimals) Or Decimals = 0 Then
                              Randomize
                              RandomNumbers = Int((Highest + 1 - Lowest) * Rnd + Lowest)
                           Else
                              Randomize
                              RandomNumbers = Round((Highest - Lowest) * Rnd + Lowest, Decimals)
                           End If
                        End Function
                        
                        Public Function Sum(ByVal rng As Range) As Double
                            Dim total As Double
                            Dim cell As Range
                            total = 0
                            For Each cell In rng
                                total = total + Val(cell.Value)
                            Next
                            Sum = total
                        End Function
                        I change it around every now and then to add some new features.

                        My newest feature is that if a link doesn't work first time, it will mark it as Finicky and try it up to 10 times, if the link doesn't open after 10 times attempting to connect, it lists it as broken (under state) and I can manually review all the broken links to see if they need to be removed.
                        ~NEIGH

                        Comment

                        • Reach
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 7471

                          #837
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          Originally posted by alainbryden
                          am I the only one that cares anymore...
                          I care, but seeing as eurobarre's population is going up nearly 5000/day (like double what we've accumulated since the beginning lol), they have to be using this super duper thing that allows you to click one link that monitors everything endlessly D: and until we are able to do that we don't really stand much of a chance.

                          So I guess most people have lost spirit from not gaining ranks as fast as we were in the beginning.

                          Comment

                          • bobbycat73
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 339

                            #838
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            Bump because it got to second page

                            Our stats are near perfect, but now we are in 9th. We were JUST in 7th I don't know what happened to the other cities o.O

                            Euroastuces antiville is getting close to 1000 signers, and by french midnight time today, I think we can get a missile launched at them.

                            But now, all forces to population (if there are any) to bring the city back.

                            edit: lmao 1000th post
                            Last edited by bobbycat73; 08-4-2007, 09:20 AM.
                            aids

                            http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

                            Comment

                            • Coolboyrulez0
                              VICES
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 10042

                              #839
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              This city is starting to look pretty nice...
                              But yeah we need more people clicking this.

                              CBR
                              https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                              https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                              Comment

                              • Ramengan
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 772

                                #840
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                I still care.

                                Flagging broken links is a smart idea. Good job, alain.
                                Is that Visual BASIC code?
                                Have a pad simfile that you're proud of? Send it to:


                                <-- This is the Edit button. It's at the bottom-right of all of your own posts. The Edit button is your friend; use it.

                                Comment

                                Working...