Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alainbryden
    Seen your member
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2003
    • 2873

    #796
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    This thread needs more caring, or someone to give me 50 bucks and say "it's over... just forget about it..."
    ~NEIGH

    Comment

    • Ramengan
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 772

      #797
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      Are you sure focusing on commerce only is good?

      I just saw this message:
      31 juillet : Le manque d'approvisionnement a contraint quelques commerces à quitter Synthlight.

      A lack of provisions again. Can this be prevented by industry, population, something else?

      I wish I could help on the script. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as well studied in programming or web design as I should be.
      Last edited by Ramengan; 07-31-2007, 02:46 AM.
      Have a pad simfile that you're proud of? Send it to:


      <-- This is the Edit button. It's at the bottom-right of all of your own posts. The Edit button is your friend; use it.

      Comment

      • jewpinthethird
        (The Fat's Sabobah)
        FFR Music Producer
        • Nov 2002
        • 11711

        #798
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        I think we need to boost our industry a little.

        Comment

        • alainbryden
          Seen your member
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2003
          • 2873

          #799
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          Ramengan - I believe that means lack of infrastructure.

          I think the commerce was leaving due to poor transportation statistics.

          P.S. The link in your signature is wrong: it's ride.dsu.da not ride.csu.dal
          ~NEIGH

          Comment

          • Chromer
            Hookers and Blow
            • Jul 2003
            • 4981

            #800
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            Bump because Mayor Chromer says so.

            Comment

            • windsurfer-sp
              FFR Veteran
              • Apr 2005
              • 1974

              #801
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              Yes, mayor right away!

              Unemployment 3%, Crime1%. Stats arent bad sir.
              Orbb fan club.
              White text society.

              Comment

              • Chromer
                Hookers and Blow
                • Jul 2003
                • 4981

                #802
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                Hmm. Once alain gets the scripts right, I'll be getting into the fray myself.

                Comment

                • alainbryden
                  Seen your member
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 2873

                  #803
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  My proxy script program (see below) is working good as ever. The link one works fine, but I currently have to update the xml manually.

                  For the excel proxy scipt program:
                  I find that there's 3 kinds of hotlinks, ones that work, ones that refuse hotlinking, and ones that need javascript disabled every time.
                  I've made adjustments to the sheet accordingly, and while it will automatically click the first category, the other categories are set aside and need to be used manually.



                  This program is massively useful in keeping our stats perfect.
                  ~NEIGH

                  Comment

                  • alainbryden
                    Seen your member
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 2873

                    #804
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    I FOUND OUT WHERE THE MISSILES COME FROM!

                    Check this out guys. I was browsing the site trying to find out why our commerce was leaving, and I found this: For every miniville, there's an antiville! If we get clicks on our antiville ( http:/(badLink!)/synthlight.antiville.fr/ ), we get a missile launched at us!

                    This is a whole new thing to look at.

                    The best part is you don't have to choose! You can click both a miniville and the antiville link, both will register.
                    I'm already adding antiville to my excel script, whatever city is ahead of us can get nuked I figure.
                    Last edited by alainbryden; 07-31-2007, 12:24 PM.
                    ~NEIGH

                    Comment

                    • Relambrien
                      FFR Player
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 1644

                      #805
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      EDIT: This post doesn't make sense because alain edited the post above after I wrote it.

                      Oh that is sweet. But I'm worried...I get the feeling that clicking for antiville will cause a missile to be launched at -us-, but as I have no experience in French I have no idea what the antiville page says...therefore I don't have a clue really. If anyone could translate/give more info, it'd be great.
                      Last edited by Relambrien; 07-31-2007, 01:07 PM.

                      Comment

                      • alainbryden
                        Seen your member
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 2873

                        #806
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        lmao you're right. I was wondering why it already had 480 clicks. I probably should have read better. Don't click it boys
                        ~NEIGH

                        Comment

                        • Relambrien
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 1644

                          #807
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          Originally posted by alainbryden
                          lmao you're right. I was wondering why it already had 480 clicks. I probably should have read better. Don't click it boys
                          Instead, click the antivilles for all the cities above us. Let's start with this one: http://euroastuces.antiville.fr/
                          Last edited by Relambrien; 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM.

                          Comment

                          • ELRayford
                            Custom User Title
                            • May 2004
                            • 1547

                            #808
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            My head hurts from all this stuff. Alain make a program that does all this work for you Easier said than done right? Anything I can help with other than clicking just let me know!

                            Comment

                            • tbird713
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 31

                              #809
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              haha theres four police stationsXD the fourth one is behind the big white tower on the left
                              Originally posted by Synthlight
                              I will give you the best reason....

                              Because you're a Douchenozzle.

                              All in favor of my REALLY good reason say: DOUCHENOZZLE!

                              Cheers,

                              Synthlight

                              T-Bird's word of the year: Douchenozzle

                              Comment

                              • alainbryden
                                Seen your member
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 2873

                                #810
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                Hmm. I ran IP checks on all the sites in my spreadsheet, unfortunately several of them were copies and didn't check out so I'll have to scrap them. This would be a good thing to do when sending me new proxy sites. use them to visit whatismyip.com first and send that along so I can make sure it's not a duplicate.

                                ~NEIGH

                                Comment

                                Working...